Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,586 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame (14990 Views)

Show Of Shame As Govt, Security Officials Turn Govt House To Boxing Arena / Chatham House: Stage Managed Show Of Shame By Buhari, APC – Fani Kayode / Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Shame 2012 - Grand Finale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 24, 2012
seanet02: In what way was the nomination of Achebe an abomination?
Achebe is the winner of this year's HALL OF SHAME.
Live with it or hug transformer
does he really care if nairaland makes him a winner of whatever senseless or irrelevant award bestowed on him? Thats what you should be worried about.

1 Like

Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by coogar: 3:47pm On Dec 24, 2012
seanet02: Seun stop looking for cheap popularity. When Goodluck was there you said nothing, what is good for Goodluck is also good for Achebe
achebe is nothing but a bigoted and m0ronic writer.
Seun stop looking for cheap popularity.

seun is scared he could be kidnapped on his way to buy palmwine in ota. if i were seun, i would steer clear - we are in a democratic society, the will of the people carries more weight than the admin's opinion. seun should go and lie down and stop being a coward!

berem: does he really care if nairaland makes him a winner of whatever senseless or irrelevant award bestowed on him? Thats what you should be worried about.

we don't care whatever achebe cares about as well - at least, posterity would know members of nairaland voted achebe as the worst nigerian in 2012 before his book incites another civil war that would send 3 million women and children to their early grave.

2 Likes

Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by OAM4J: 3:48pm On Dec 24, 2012
Jarus: For not being consulted before going public, I hereby tender my resignation as Nairaland Politics Section moderator.

Please delete my name from your list of moderators immediately.

Regards,

This is very UNFAIR.

Seun, I hereby also tender my resignation as a moderator on Nairaland with immediate effect.

Thanks.

30 Likes

Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by Katsumoto: 3:48pm On Dec 24, 2012
coogar:

seun is scared he could be kidnapped on his way to buy palmwine in ota. if i were seun, i would steer clear - we are in a democratic society, the will of the people carries more weight than the admin's opinion. seun should go and lie down and stop being a coward!

No Seanet is right.

He took action without consulting his mods because he wanted to score points with crybabies.

2 Likes

Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by Afam4eva(m): 3:49pm On Dec 24, 2012
Let's really give Seun a break. I think it's wrong for any right thinking human benin(not tribalist) to sit and watch someone like Achebe being inducted into a hall of shame. That's why i proposed a nairaland reputation system whereby certain people will be allowed to vote. You can't get the best votes from tribalists even in a democratic setting.

2 Likes

Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by PointB: 3:49pm On Dec 24, 2012
Seun:

The fact that he got the most votes does not imply that Achebe haters are in the majority. Suppose 60% of Nairalanders, like me, support Chinua Achebe and think he doesn't deserve to be on the Hall of Shame, while just 40% think he deserves it. Because of the way voting works, Achebe's supporters won't have any way of influencing the results of the contest, even though they are in the majority. They may complain, but their complaints won't be counted, even though they are in the majority. In other words, the hall of shame system is biased towards negativity and hatred, even when it's held by a minority of members. And that's why the hall of shame should be terminated asap.

To those saying Chinua Achebe deserves to be on the Hall of Shame, let me ask you this: Why not Boko Haram? Why not the ALUU community?

A Daniel is come to justice. God bless you Seun!

4 Likes

Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by Odunnu: 3:49pm On Dec 24, 2012
@Seun: what I would have done was to delete the thread, talk to and with OAM4J/Jarus and start this.
@Jarus: You aint handling this right either.
I didnt follow the thread because I didnt like the angle it was tilting towards but again, dont do what you are doing.

1 Like

Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by seanet02: 3:49pm On Dec 24, 2012
Jarus: For not being consulted before going public, I hereby tender my resignation as Nairaland Politics Section moderator.

Please delete my name from your list of moderators immediately.

Regards,
Jarus no. We all know seun is nothing but a bloody hypocrite.
He want to gain cheap popularity against all sense of reasoning.
Achebe's selection was done through a ballot box not some fiasco.
Seun you are a BLOODY HYPOCRITE.
Nonsense.

4 Likes

Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by Nobody: 3:50pm On Dec 24, 2012
oya seun, since you have caved into the biafra coalition, you can go a step further by making afam4ever and berem moderators - kowtowing to the master tribe chest beaters seems to be the way nl will do in 2013

4 Likes

Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by Katsumoto: 3:51pm On Dec 24, 2012
Odunnu: @Seun: what I would have done was to delete the thread, talk to and with OAM4J/Jarus and start this.
@Jarus: You aint handling this right either.
I didnt follow the thread because I didnt like the angle it was tilting towards but again, dont do what you are doing.

Delete a thread because Achebe was in the running? Did they delete the thread when GEJ won it last year?

5 Likes

Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by Feraz(m): 3:52pm On Dec 24, 2012
Ok...the question I have to ask is this: since the book was written and published, why hasn't anyone come out to counter his claims of whatever allegations he laid in the said book?
The truth is that until we actually sit down as a people to study this civil war issue and get the actual story behind it, then it would keep coming up and the same cycle of reopening old wounds would continue even when we all are in the grave........

4 Likes

Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by Nobody: 3:53pm On Dec 24, 2012
afam4eva: Let's really give Seun a break. I think it's wrong for any right thinking human benin(not tribalist) to sit and watch someone like Achebe being inducted into a hall of shame. That's why i proposed a nairaland reputation system whereby certain people will be allowed to vote. You can't get the best votes from tribalists even in a democratic setting.

rubbish - its called democracy. deal with it. if for some reason sanusi or awolowo was on the hall of shame, we would not be seeing this

achebe's presence on the hall of shames echos the disappointment of the non biafranist nigerians, who thought there was so much more to the man than kinship with the empty whiners we see on nl every day

1 Like

Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by Katsumoto: 3:53pm On Dec 24, 2012
Feraz: Ok...the question I have to ask is this: since the book was written and published, why hasn't anyone come out to counter his claims of whatever allegations he laid in the said book?
The truth is that until we actually sit down as a people to study this civil war issue and get the actual story behind it, then it would keep coming up and the same cycle of reopening old wounds would continue even when we all are in the grave........

And what has that got to do with this?

2 Likes

Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by Nobody: 3:53pm On Dec 24, 2012
don't they have hall of shame in NVS as well?
Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by seanet02: 3:54pm On Dec 24, 2012
OAM4J:

This is very UNFAIR.

Seun, I hereby also tender my resignation as a moderator on Nairaland with immediate effect.

Thanks.
Wa ni Alubarika. May God bless you.
Seun again, you are a BLOODY HYPOCRITE

1 Like

Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by coogar: 3:54pm On Dec 24, 2012
afam4eva: Let's really give Seun a break. I think it's wrong for any right thinking human benin(not tribalist) to sit and watch someone like Achebe being inducted into a hall of shame. That's why i proposed a nairaland reputation system whereby certain people will be allowed to vote. You can't get the best votes from tribalists even in a democratic setting.

i love chinua achebe's works more than anyone on this site. i learnt a lot from his exquisite penmanship and if he had left out his bigotry in his new book, that book would have been the best piece written by an african. achebe is well learned, well schooled and he should know better. if someone else with a cuntish background had written the same nonsense - it wouldn't have bothered me one jot!
Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by Odunnu: 3:55pm On Dec 24, 2012
Katsumoto:

Delete a thread because Achebe was in the running? Did they delete the thread when GEJ won it last year?
Not because of Achebe but because Seun is a demi god here
Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by Afam4eva(m): 3:55pm On Dec 24, 2012
oyb:

rubbish - its called democracy. deal with it. if for some reason sanusi or awolowo was on the hall of shame, we would not be seeing this

achebe's presence on the hall of shames echos the disappointment of the non biafranist nigerians, who thought there was so much more to the man than kinship with the empty whiners we see on nl every day

coogar:

i love chinua achebe's works more than anyone on this site. i learnt a lot from his exquisite penmanship and if he had left out his bigotry in his new book, that book would have been the best piece written by an african. achebe is well learned, well schooled and he should know better. if someone else with a cuntish background had written the same nonsense - it wouldn't have bothered me one jot!
I'm really not in support of what Seun did. That's why i want to know the rationale behind his action. Is it that the "Hall of shame" idea in itself is bad? Or that it's wrong for Achebe to be inducted. If the latter is the case then we have to know the kind of people that can be inducted. Is it politicians, terrorists etc.
Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by Katsumoto: 3:56pm On Dec 24, 2012
Odunnu:
Not because of Achebe but because Seun is a demi god here

demi-god on !! This is not
Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by Afam4eva(m): 3:57pm On Dec 24, 2012
Katsumoto:

What exactly is your point with this childish comment?

4 Likes

Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by seanet02: 3:57pm On Dec 24, 2012
berem: does he really care if nairaland makes him a winner of whatever senseless or irrelevant award bestowed on him? Thats what you should be worried about.
If he is not concerned, why all this noise?
Bloody ibo hypocrites
Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by Odunnu: 3:58pm On Dec 24, 2012
Katsumoto:

Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by nduchucks: 3:58pm On Dec 24, 2012
Son of a b*tch!! OAM4J resigned as well
Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by Katsumoto: 3:58pm On Dec 24, 2012
Seun,

If you want to avoid controversy since the forum is for kindergartens, you might as well delete the politics section. Really, what is the point of this section if you believe it should be kumbaya?

2 Likes

Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by coogar: 3:59pm On Dec 24, 2012
Katsumoto:

i think we should sign a petition to gag seun from posting on this forum. we only need 100 posters to get this done. seun's posting rights should be taken from him. let him view only, i don't think he's man enough to post especially in this section. grin

2 Likes

Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by Katsumoto: 4:00pm On Dec 24, 2012
afam4eva:
What exactly is your point with this childish comment?

Try to use your freaking brain for once. Odunnu said Achebe is a demi-god here. Is he a demi-god here? If he were a demi-god, would he be in the running for that post? Don't quote me again if you are going to be moronic.

2 Likes

Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by Afam4eva(m): 4:01pm On Dec 24, 2012
I also think this is a case of medicine after death. if Seun had intervened when we were crying tribalism on this forum, all this wouldn't have happened. In sane forums people get banned in few seconds of making a nonsensical post but on nairaland they keep getting two days ban instead of being banned for life and their IP blocked. I think Seun and the Mods are to blame because they indirectly supported this.
Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by seanet02: 4:01pm On Dec 24, 2012
Yet when ibos went against all odds and voted against Awolowo, the vote stood isn't it?
This your hypocrisy don get dictionary.

1 Like

Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by Afam4eva(m): 4:02pm On Dec 24, 2012
Katsumoto:

Try to use your freaking brain for once. Odunnu said Achebe is a demi-god here. Is he a demi-god here? If he were a demi-god, would he be in the running for that post? Don't quote me again if you are going to be moronic.
She said Seun is a demi-god and not Achebe. learn to read.

2 Likes

Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by Afam4eva(m): 4:03pm On Dec 24, 2012
seanet02: Yet when ibos went against all odds and voted against Awolowo, the vote stood isn't it?
This your hypocrisy don get dictionary.
When have Igbos ever voted Awolowo in an official capacity?
Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by Nobody: 4:03pm On Dec 24, 2012
afam4eva:

I'm really not in support of what Seun did. That's why i want to know the rationale behind his action. Is it that the "Hall of shame" idea in itself is bad? Or that it's wrong for Achebe to be inducted. If the latter is the case then we have to know the kind of people that can be inducted. Is it politicians, terrorists etc.

stop pretending you do not know the answer - seun made it crystal clear in his first post

as to the hall of shame - that too is clear

Jarus: To all our respected contributors and guests,

In 2010, we introduced NAIRALAND POLITICS SECTION HALL OF FAME/SHAME, which we believe is a way of acknowledging Nigerian public personalities that have made their marks in the year under consideration, as well as naming those that bring their names or our nation into odisrepute in the given year.

In 2010, we inducted MR SANUSI LAMIDO SANUSI into our HALL OF FAME, basically for boldly exposing, and standing by same, the proportion of our national wealth going into the servicing of National Assembly: https://www.nairaland.com/565376/nairaland-politics-section-hall-fame/1#7353190

For the HALL OF SHAME 2010, the famed CABAL clinched the unenviable slot, for holding the whole country to ransom when ailing President Yar'adua was away: https://www.nairaland.com/570036/nairalands-politics-sections-hall-shame

In 2011, the SLAIN CORPERS, who were cut down in their prime for offering to assist INEC in the conduct of that year's elections were inducted by Nairalanders into our HALL OF FAME https://www.nairaland.com/825602/slain-corpers-inducted-into-nairaland

Same year, PRESIDENT GOODLUCK JONATHAN was inducted into the SHAME BOOK, for a turbulent start into his four years campaign, signposted by fuel subsidy conundrum, insecurity etc: https://www.nairaland.com/825604/gej-inducted-into-nairaland-politics

Now, it's 2012, who enters our FAME/SHAME book?

Jarus: SOME CRITERIA:
-The person must be a Nigerian
-He must be a public figure or political personality or suddenly made a public figure by events
-His wrong or bad doing must have been discussed on Nairaland Politics Section here
-The outstanding/shameful act must have been done in 2012. So pls don't tell us you are nominating IBB because he kiled Dele Giwa or you are nominating Nuhu Ribadu because he arrested Tafa Balogun.
-No arbitrariness please. Tell us what he/she did to deserve the nomination and back up with link or past thread.

STAGE 1: Nomination (3-17 December, 2012)
STAGE 2: Voting for the top 3 nominated (17-31 December, 2012)

Please let's bolden our nominations for ease of compiling.

Start nominating.

is achebe the first hero who has disappointed his fans? tiger woods has not live down his expose as a womanizer man - arthur andersen is dead after enron, farouk lawan will only be remembered as a cap stuffing jobber; dora akunyuli squandered the good will of all but her kinsmen with her role as information minister.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

2 Members Of Edo Post Primary Education Board Resign / NITDA Bill Threatens Tech Startups In Nigeria / Boko Haram Behind Abuja-Kaduna Highway Attacks — Daily Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.