Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,075 members, 7,835,625 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues (31924 Views)

Why Believers Should Leave Atheists Alone / Why Believers Rush To Pastors To Pray For Them / Why Christians / Believers Should Not Attend Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 7:23am On Dec 27, 2012
Speaking with tongues is the door into all the other spiritual gifts. Some people like to jump in
and get all the gifts of the Spirit at once, but you have to go through the door to get into the
supernatural. Also, it is as the Spirit of God wills, not as we will (1 Cor. 12:11). In other words,
you can't force or "put on" a manifestation of the gifts of the Spirit.

The Bible teaches us to desire spiritual gifts (1 Cor. 14:1). The Bible also teaches us to
earnestly covet the best gifts (1 Cor. 12:31). But remember that those words were written to
people who already spoke in tongues. They weren't written to people who did not speak with
tongues.

In fact, the Corinthians had a superabundance of speaking with tongues in the public
assembly. It seemed that when these Corinthians came to church, all of them wanted to speak
in tongues at the same time.
It is interesting to note, however, if everyone is speaking in
tongues all at one time, the entire church congregation cannot be edified or built up, for no one
would understand what is being said (1Cor. 14:2-19).

Therefore, Paul instructed the Corinthians that in public meetings only two or three people
should speak, and another should interpret (1 Cor. 14:27). Also, if there wasn't an interpreter
present, they should keep silent in the church (1 Cor. 14:28).
Paul didn't say that the Corinthians had received the wrong gift. They had received the right
gift, but they were just so thrilled and exuberant that they wanted to talk in tongues all at once.
They needed instruction on how to use this gift.

You see, if we are all praising God, it is fine for all of us to praise God in tongues altogether
and all at the same time. But it would certainly be wrong if everyone started talking in tongues
while the preacher was trying to preach or teach. And it would not be right for someone to
spend an hour speaking in tongues without any interpretation. The speaker would be edified,
but the listener wouldn't get anything out of it.

That's why the Bible said it is better to speak a few words with our own understanding so we
can teach others than it is to speak ten thousand words in tongues, unless we speak with
tongues and interpret what we've said so that all may be edified.

1 CORINTHIANS 14:18,19
18 I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than ye all:
19 YET IN THE CHURCH I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that by
my voice I might TEACH others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue.
Some folks, however, have made a mountain out of a molehill, so to speak, in this area. They
claim that Paul was trying to tell the Corinthians not to speak with tongues at all. This couldn't
have been his intention, however, for notice what he said in verse 18: "I thank my God, I speak
with tongues more than ye all" (1 Cor. 14:18).

Paul was saying that it would be better for him to stand before the congregation and speak five
words in his own language so people could understand him and he could teach others, than it
would be to speak ten thousand words in tongues that were uninterpreted.

But to correct one error, Paul would not suggest we make another by abandoning speaking in
tongues altogether. We are just to get instruction regarding the public use of this gift. We are
told to covet earnestly the best gifts.

And as we do this, we will walk in more power and be more effective in our Christian life. We
will go through the door of the baptism of the Holy Spirit to receive the glorious spiritual gifts
that God has promised those who believe His Word.

I am thoroughly convinced that if we would be sensitive and responsive to the Holy Spirit, He
knows what is coming in the future, and He will show us things to come (John 16:13). He will
equip each of us for that which lies ahead in life, if we will yield to Him. Praying and speaking
with tongues is one way to do that. It is one way to be built up spiritually in order to prepare
and be ready for whatever may come in the future.

It is wonderful what the Lord is doing these days. Are you as a Spirit-filled believer taking full
advantage of the gift of tongues? God has given each of us a supernatural means of edifying
ourselves or building ourselves up spiritually. God has given to us a supernatural means of
communication with Him. Are you taking full advantage of this gift of the Spirit, speaking in
tongues, that God has made available to each one of His children?
GOD bless you all abundantly. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by jookunlaja(m): 4:10am On Dec 29, 2012
Hi Bidam,read your insightful message on tongues speaking for Christian,thank you for that.Please,I want to find out if a Christian with two wives can make heaven?
Not that I want a second wife but I'd like to know for personal spiritual growth if people who have more than one wife can make heaven?Thanks brother.
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Joagbaje(m): 7:47am On Dec 29, 2012
striktlymi: Good evening,

It's great that you speak in tongues but it is not a must for every Christian. And really, speaking in tongues is the least of the gifts of the spirit.

I believe you should concentrate on those things that can lead you to heaven instead of making trivial things very important. Speaking in tongues cannot take anyone to heaven.

I am really happy that you have been blessed with the gift of tongues but I wonder whether you can speak my dialect...

Thank you!

It's a necessity to pray in other tongues. It's not a special gift for special people . It's for every christian.

1 Like

Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 8:26am On Dec 29, 2012
Good morning Mr. Agbaje,

I trust you slept well! I have deliberately stopped my discuss with the OP cause I believe tempers were beginning to rise though he did not request this from me.

I am new on the religion section and really do not know much about you but they say that one's reputation precedes him or her. I have been quick to notice the respect given you and Goshen and frankly I think you guys merit the respect and accolades.

So with the utmost respect for you as a person sir, I say that you were incorrect when you said:

Joagbaje:

It's a necessity to pray in other tongues.

A 'need' is very different from a 'want'. Human beings by nature are insatiable when it comes to 'wants' but 'needs' are satiable. To need something implies that we cannot do without that thing. Whatever is needed in our journey of faith is a 'requirement we cannot do without'.

Things like Baptism, good works, 'belief' etc are necessities in the lives of every Christian, all other factors remaining constant. But sir speaking or praying in tongues is not part of the requirements to make heaven hence it is not needed.

Don't get me wrong sir, speaking or praying in tongues can aid us on our journey of faith and it is a good to have for those the spirit has decided to bless with it. But when you talk about what is needed, then sir it is absolutely not necessary.

Thank you sir.
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Mayowura: 9:13am On Dec 29, 2012
Mr stryktlymi, with due respect sir! You kinda confusing me o! D op wud say dis, u wuld say this. Anyway i lyk ur type that always want to luk 4 backin of a point made b4 u acept. Now to my post: I think the op didnt say it's a must but i think he's tryna say we should *inbibe* it in our spiritual life cos of the wonderful reasons giving. Thanks op. Xpect more like this from you. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Joagbaje(m): 9:34am On Dec 29, 2012
striktlymi: Good morning Mr. Agbaje,

Things like Baptism, good works, 'belief' etc are necessities in the lives of every Christian, all other factors remaining constant. But sir speaking or praying in tongues is not part of the requirements to make heaven hence it is not needed.

We could as well say that prayer and good work is not needed as a christian . Since its not criteria for making heaven

[Quote]Don't get me wrong sir, speaking or praying in tongues can aid us on our journey of faith and it is a good to have for those the spirit has decided to bless with it. But when you talk about what is needed, then sir it is absolutely not necessary.
Thank you sir.[/quote]

Praying to God too is absolutely not necessary going by your analogy .

1 Like

Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 9:36am On Dec 29, 2012
Mayowura: Mr stryktlymi, with due respect sir! You kinda confusing me o! D op wud say dis, u wuld say this. Anyway i lyk ur type that always want to luk 4 backin of a point made b4 u acept. Now to my post: I think the op didnt say it's a must but i think he's tryna say we should *inbibe* it in our spiritual life cos of the wonderful reasons giving. Thanks op. Xpect more like this from you. God bless you.

Good morning to you too Mayo,

I can relate with your comments and quite frankly I have no issues with people "inbibing" the Culture of speaking or praying in tongues. No gift of the HolY spirit is useless. Every gift is worth it and useful but the Holy spirit is the one who determines who gets what. We can only aspire to obtaining any gift of the spirit but in the final analysis, the Spirit is the one to determine whether he wants us to have it or not.

If you have this gift then I encourage you to cherish it and use it for the greater glory of God.

Thank you!
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Joagbaje(m): 9:37am On Dec 29, 2012
jookunlaja: Hi Bidam,read your insightful message on tongues speaking for Christian,thank you for that.Please,I want to find out if a Christian with two wives can make heaven?
Not that I want a second wife but I'd like to know for personal spiritual growth if people who have more than one wife can make heaven?Thanks brother.

Polygamy is not a sin. It's only not advisable because of its problems ,wars which will definitely cause distraction .
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 9:54am On Dec 29, 2012
Joagbaje:

We could as well say that prayer and good work is not needed as a christian . Since its not criteria for making heaven

[Quote]Don't get me wrong sir, speaking or praying in tongues can aid us on our journey of faith and it is a good to have for those the spirit has decided to bless with it. But when you talk about what is needed, then sir it is absolutely not necessary.
Thank you sir.

Praying to God too is absolutely not necessary going by your analogy .

Good morning again Mr Agbaje,

Still with respect, I say that your comments above does nothing to support your claim that speaking in tongues is NECESSARY.
My analogy, since you choose to call it that, does not undermine the need for prayer while I explicitly mentioned "good works" in my post to you. I guess you didn't read that part.

Anyways, if you go through my post again you would notice that I used "etc" at the end of the examples I gave which shows that the examples were not exhaustive. Any Christian who refuse to pray is hardly a Christian.

NB:
Good works are needed to make heaven.

Thank you!
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 12:10pm On Dec 29, 2012
jookunlaja: Hi Bidam,read your insightful message on tongues speaking for Christian,thank you for that.Please,I want to find out if a Christian with two wives can make heaven?
@jookunlaja, thanks for your comments..comments like yours encourages us more in the christian faith..we are all walking towards perfection.Concerning your question, actually it is the will of God to have only one wife for life. This is the reason God created for Adam only one Eve and not two or more. But when a person comes in to Christ from others religious persuasions already having more than one wife, he should support the wives monetarily and can continue with the same as he has no other choice but to support the existing family. In such case, God may look over the mistake that such people have made in their family life due to ignorance and the wrong belief that influenced their life before they came to Christ (1 Tim 1:13).
But the Bible is clear that a man cannot live with two wives at a time because it is not in the original will of God to be like that. The Bible clearly says, "Nevertheless, to avoid lewdness, let every man have his own wife [Note: the singular wife and not plural wives], and let every woman have her own husband." (1 Cor 7:2, WBT). This preceding verse clearly proves that in a marriage only one man and one woman can be accommodated. There is wholeness only when we fulfill the will of God on earth by having a God ordained one man-one woman family, we should adhere to God's original will because He knows the best for every man and woman whom He has created. God's full blessings will only be upon those who fulfill the God ordained family setup of one man and one woman bonding for life.shalom

1 Like

Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 12:32pm On Dec 29, 2012
Mayowura: Mr stryktlymi, with due respect sir! You kinda confusing me o! D op wud say dis, u wuld say this. Anyway i lyk ur type that always want to luk 4 backin of a point made b4 u acept. Now to my post: I think the op didnt say[b] it's a must but i think he's tryna say we should *inbibe* it in our spiritual life cos of the wonderful reasons giving. Thanks op. Expect more like this from you. God bless you.
[/b]God bless you bro...this is were believers seems to miss the whole point in redemption.. i never said speaking in tongues alone will take someone to heaven.. we have fruits of the Spirit once we are saved and also gifts of the Spirit during Baptism. what i was trying to point out is the benefits of one of those gifts which will help a christian to have a victorious walk with God. of cos the fruits of the spirit are more important..but more importantly u need a prayer language that will connect you to GOD through the help of the HOLY SPIRIT so that the fruits of the SPIRIT will find expression in your life.. that's why Paul was advising the Corinthian folks cos they exercise more gifts than fruits. God bless.
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 1:01pm On Dec 29, 2012
striktlymi:

Still with respect, I say that your comments above does nothing to support your claim that speaking in tongues is NECESSARY.
My analogy, since you choose to call it that, does not undermine the need for prayer while I explicitly mentioned "good works" in my post to you. I guess you didn't read that part.

Anyways, if you go through my post again you would notice that I used "etc" at the end of the examples I gave which shows that the examples were not exhaustive. Any Christian who refuse to pray is hardly a Christian.

NB:

Thank you!
we know how to pray or the pattern of prayer as outlined by our Lords prayer. but we do not know what we ought to pray for...It is by the help of the HOLY SPIRIT be cos HE knows the mind of the FATHER[R0M 8:26]..most times our prayers are selfish and self centered..it is by the help of the HOLY SPIRIT we know and we birth GODS will and purposes on the earth. our good works or deeds does not necessarily grant us the ticket to heaven cos salvation is a free gift..it is by grace we are saved...there are many religions of the world that practice good works.. without accepting the Lordship of CHRIST THEY CANT GET TO HEAVEN..THE SCRIPTURES ARE CLEAR ON THAT..GOOD DEEDS ARE PART OF A CHRISTIAN VIRTUES ONCE YOU GIVE YOUR LIFE TO JESUS.

1 Like

Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 4:04pm On Dec 29, 2012
Good works and prayer are absolutely necessary for salvation.How on earth can one make heaven or even profess christianity without praying?

Joagbaje you really amaze me with your strange teachings.Speaking in tongues is only one of the numerous gifts of the holy spirit and is not certainly given to all christians(as attested by the scriptures)

Mind you the gift of speaking in tongues is not the same as the gift of strange tongues.The gift of speaking in tongues as attested on the day of pentecost is clearly doifferant from what obtains in most churches 2day.

The apostles were speaking and people understood them in their own languages.This is quite differant from the gift of speaking in strange tongues which st paul described in the book of corinthians.The former is very rare and has only been repeated very few times in christian history most notably by St Vincent ferrer in the fourteenth century
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 29, 2012
chukwudi44: Good works and prayer are absolutely necessary for salvation.How on earth can one make heaven or even profess christianity without praying?

Joagbaje you really amaze me with your strange teachings.Speaking in tongues is only one of the numerous gifts of the holy spirit and is not certainly given to all christians(as attested by the scriptures)

Mind you the gift of speaking in tongues is not the same as the gift of strange tongues.The gift of speaking in tongues as attested on the day of pentecost is clearly doifferant from what obtains in most churches 2day.

The apostles were speaking and people understood them in their own languages.This is quite differant from the gift of speaking in strange tongues which st paul described in the book of corinthians.The former is very rare and has only been repeated very few times in christian history most notably by St Vincent ferrer in the fourteenth century
thats what your catholic background teaches you...pls read the scriptures with an open mind and compare them...gifts of tongues and baptism of the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues are two different things..guess u didn't read the post well before commenting
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 4:45pm On Dec 29, 2012
I know what I am talking about.The gift of speaking in tongues as described in acts 2:8-12 is not the same thing with the gift of strange topngues mentioned in 1 cor 14

In acts 2:8-12 people from differant regions heard and understood the apostles directly in their own native tongue.

Whereas in 1 cor 14:2 it is clearly stated that one who prays in strange tongues speaks only to God cos no one else understand him.

This two gifts are not the same thing.The first case scenario is very rare today.The second scenario is very common in 2days churches
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Joagbaje(m): 4:46pm On Dec 29, 2012
striktlymi:

You didn't ask about necessity of tongues ,I only tried to reveal the incorrectness of your claim .

[Quote]

Thank you![/quote]

No work is needed to make heaven . Only faith is required.if salvation were by good works ,we will have reason to boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 4:58pm On Dec 29, 2012
Scriptural passages are not read in isolation

James 2:14-26

New International Version (NIV)

Faith and Deeds

14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? 15 Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. 16 If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? 17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

18 But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.”

Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. 19 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

20 You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless[a]? 21 Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? 22 You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. 23 And the scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,”[b] and he was called God’s friend. 24 You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone.

25 In the same way, was not even Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did when she gave lodging to the spies and sent them off in a different direction? 26 As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.

1 Like

Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 5:08pm On Dec 29, 2012
Here Jesus himself condems people to hell for failing to show good works Matthew 25:41-46

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a s
tranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Joagbaje(m): 5:42pm On Dec 29, 2012
chukwudi44: Here Jesus himself condems people to hell for failing to show good works Matthew 25:41-46

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a s
tranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

Jesus had not died, salvation in the Old Testament was by works. But after christ died . It's by faith not by works of righteousness .

Titus 3:5
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 6:03pm On Dec 29, 2012
Joagbaje:

Jesus had not died, salvation in the Old Testament was by works. But after christ died . It's by faith not by works of righteousness .

Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Jesus was prophesying about the judgement on the last day.This judgement is to take place at the end of the world.You might need to read up the entire chapter to fully grasp that passage.
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 7:39pm On Dec 29, 2012
chukwudi44:

Jesus was prophesying about the judgement on the last day.This judgement is to take place at the end of the world.You might need to read up the entire chapter to fully grasp that passage.
you are derailing the thread...stick to d topic pls
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 7:52pm On Dec 29, 2012
Bidam: you are derailing the thread...stick to d topic pls

What have you adduced to support your assertions on the topic?
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 8:03pm On Dec 29, 2012
chukwudi44:

What have you adduced to support your assertions on the topic?
i don't get your point..Mr chukwudi44
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 8:34pm On Dec 29, 2012
Joagbaje:

Polygamy is not a sin. It's only not advisable because of its problems ,wars which will definitely cause distraction .

Is this what Christ taught?
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 8:37pm On Dec 29, 2012
Joagbaje:

Good evening Mr. Agbaje,

With the utmost respect I say what you tried to teach above is not correct.
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Joagbaje(m): 12:12am On Dec 30, 2012
I'm not teaching ,I only show you what the bible says. Salvation is not by works. It's by faith.

Salvation is about receiving eternal life. When you receive Jesus as lord you receive eternal life by faith. That's salvation.

1 John 5:11-12
And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

Good work is only a manifestation if the salvation or fruits of the salvation ,but they don't earn u salvation.
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 2:16am On Dec 30, 2012
Joagbaje: I'm not teaching ,I only show you what the bible says. Salvation is not by works. It's by faith.

Salvation is about receiving eternal life. When you receive Jesus as lord you receive eternal life by faith. That's salvation.

1 John 5:11-12
And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

Good work is only a manifestation if the salvation or fruits of the salvation ,but they don't earn u salvation.

Good morning sir,

I will pass cause I feel we all (Not just chukwudi) have derailed this thread long enough.

But some of your posts and 'interpretations' of sacred scriptures are very incorrect.
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Joagbaje(m): 5:07am On Dec 30, 2012
Ok .sorry. We can discuss them in a new thread
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 8:42am On Dec 30, 2012
Joagbaje: Ok .sorry. We can discuss them in a new thread

Okay! So who is creating it?

May God's spirit put his words in our hearts and grant us the grace to understand them.
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 31, 2012
In Genesis 6:3, we find how God said in His words of convicting strength and power that His Spirit would not always strive with man. The Holy Spirit strives to bring man into a place of reconciliation with God.. Imagine that happening from genesis and continuing thru revelation. The Holy Spirit has a fullness of ministry whose chief exercise is to cause men to come to God. Jesus in speaking to us of the functionings of the Holy Spirit, told us that the Holy Spirit would be a Comfort to us and that He would relate the things He heard in the heavens. He would relate those things you say to God and then tell you what God says in reply. That is the reason why we need a prayer language(speaking in tongues) to communicate to the Father..our Father is a Spirit and we must pray and worship Him in spirit..It is the Holy Spirit Who moves back and forth, bringing communication from our hearts to God and from God's heart to us.(rom 8:26-27). He is accustomed to striving with men's hearts. When you feel within you a craving and a desire to be more like God and to live a holy life, that is the moving and the functioning of the Holy spirit in your behalf.
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Joagbaje(m): 5:27pm On Dec 31, 2012
There are something's we need to Durand about speaking in tongues. The topic has mostly been mis understood. I want to point out some issues to look at.
1. Every christin ought to be able to pray in tongues.
2. There s difference between praying in tongues and speaking with tongues. Every christian may not speak with tongues
3. There's difference between tongues of men an tongues of angels.
4.praying in tongues is to God. Speaking with tongues Is to men.
5. Praying in tongues does not need interpretation but speaking with tongues may require it.
6. . . .
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 5:33pm On Dec 31, 2012
Joagbaje: There are something's we need to Durand about speaking in tongues. The topic has mostly been mis understood. I want to point out some issues to look at.
1. Every christin ought to be able to pray in tongues.
2. There s difference between praying in tongues and speaking with tongues. Every christian may not speak with tongues
3. There's difference between tongues of men an tongues of angels.
4.praying in tongues is to God. Speaking with tongues Is to men.
5. Praying in tongues does not need interpretation but speaking with tongues may require it.
6. . . .
good points raised.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Court Orders Apostle Suleman To Pay Maureen Badejo £19k / Daddy Freeze Reacts After Woman Gave Husband’s N300K To Pastor / Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.