Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,233 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues (31929 Views)

Why Believers Should Leave Atheists Alone / Why Believers Rush To Pastors To Pray For Them / Why Christians / Believers Should Not Attend Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Frank4YAHWEH(m): 9:05pm On Jul 23, 2013
In every occurrence of "unknown tongue," in the New Testament, the word "unknown" is an added word (italicized in the KJV) by the translators to make the English readable. It is not in the Manuscripts!

In the King James Bible you see some words in italics. These are words that they had to add to properly translate the Hebrew/Greek into English. As we can see, they did not always add the right words. But they were faithful in that they placed the words that they added in italics so that we would know that the words do not appear in the original Manuscripts as such.

Check your Strong's for the word "unknown" in: 1 Corinthians 14:2,4,13,14,19,27; it is not there in the printed versions, and in the electronic versions it lists the definition for "tongues" not "unknown."

The false teachers have seized upon a word that isn't even in the Scriptures and built a whole false doctrine around it. In Acts the words are "other tongues" not UNKNOWN tongues.

1 Like

Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jul 23, 2013
Frank4YAHWEH: In every occurrence of "unknown tongue," in the New Testament, the word "unknown" is an added word (italicized in the KJV) by the translators to make the English readable. It is not in the Manuscripts!

In the King James Bible you see some words in italics. These are words that they had to add to properly translate the Hebrew/Greek into English. As we can see, they did not always add the right words. But they were faithful in that they placed the words that they added in italics so that we would know that the words do not appear in the original Manuscripts as such.

Check your Strong's for the word "unknown" in: 1 Corinthians 14:2,4,13,14,19,27; it is not there in the printed versions, and in the electronic versions it lists the definition for "tongues" not "unknown."

The false teachers have seized upon a word that isn't even in the Scriptures and built a whole false doctrine around it. In Acts the words are "other tongues" not UNKNOWN tongues.

I spoke in some weird tongues for quite a while, who knows if I was cursing myself.

In fact , My dad told me a story of an ex-occult man who visited a church in South Africa , and was petrified to hear the demonic curses being spoken as tongues by the church members without them having the slightest clue.

These are indeed days of utter deception.

smiley
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by superior1: 10:45pm On Jul 23, 2013
frosbel:

I spoke in some weird tongues for quite a while, who knows if I was cursing myself.

In fact , My dad told me a story of an ex-occult man who visited a church in South Africa , and was petrified to hear the demonic curses being spoken as tongues by the church members without them having the slightest clue.

smiley

Lol, he spoke in some weird tongues for awhile..

God bless you in abundance bidam

1 Like

Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jul 23, 2013
^^^^

I have nothing against speaking in real tongues which actually means languages , on the condition that an interpreter is present

I will rather not get involved in uttering gibberish in the name of speaking in 'unknown' tongues.

We should always endeavour to be decent in our conduct.
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by superior1: 11:12pm On Jul 23, 2013
frosbel: ^^^^

I have nothing against speaking in real tongues which actually means languages , on the condition that an interpreter is present

I will rather not get involved in uttering gibberish in the name of speaking in 'unknown' tongues.

Lol.. Divers of tongues is different from speaking in unknown tongues,one is a gift another the expression of baptism of Holy Ghost.
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Frank4YAHWEH(m): 2:04am On Jul 24, 2013
superior1:

Lol.. Divers of tongues is different from speaking in unknown tongues,one is a gift another the expression of baptism of Holy Ghost.

There is no such expression as "unknown tongues" originally mentioned in Scripture! See my post at #64. As frosbel said, "uttering gibberish." This is what "speaking in unknown tongues" is! Duh! cheesy
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 5:46am On Jul 24, 2013
Frank4YAHWEH: In every occurrence of "unknown tongue," in the New Testament, the word "unknown" is an added word (italicized in the KJV) by the translators to make the English readable. It is not in the Manuscripts!

14:2 “For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God” for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.”.Unknown here doesn't mean it is GIBBERISH, It can mean a foreign language. It doesn't mean nobody could ever possibly learn it.Well, God understands any tongue you speak in. “...for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.” If I say something to malians in an Eskimo dialect, no man understands me because it is unknown. But that doesn´t mean I´m talking in a tongue that God doesn´t know or somebody else doesn´t know. What paul is saying is when you talk in a tongue that nobody knows, then nobody understands it. Amen? Look at verse sixteen, “Else when thou shalt bless with the spirit, how shall he that occupieth the room of the unlearned say Amen at thy giving of thanks seeing he understandeth not what thou sayest?”.

Well i don't know and i don't care either where you got your informations from about the error in the KJV version of unknown, but what i do known is that praying in tongues privately has help my christian life tremendously and has made me to be a better christian in evangelizing and witnessing to souls that are lost out there, most times in my quiet time with God,i used to get messages on who to talk to about Christ and the truth is,it has worked perfectly for me cos most times when i tell people i have never met before about God.The Holy Spirit tells me some secrets about that person and the person used to be amazed as to how i know about him without him telling me his life story.So let God be true and every man be a liar. If the KJV is false,then I'd rather stick to what gives me testimony than your interpretations.

1 Like

Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 6:10am On Jul 24, 2013
frosbel:

smiley
Really? anyway most denominations frown at tongues and always down play it significance to the Christian but truth is,it is not weird. The devil might deceive you into thinking that at first but later as you grow in the prayer language you become more bold and confident that you are speaking directly to God.We know how to pray as thought by Jesus on the lord's prayer but we do not know what to pray for because most times our prayers are selfish,monotonous,boring and mechanical, when i pray in tongues in my closet my spirit prays to God and as i persevere in my prayers accurate word and scriptures keeps coming to my mind eye with clarity and i keep speaking them as the spirit gives me utterance,most times in my prayers i always find myself interceding for nations and lost souls to be saved and come to the knowledge of God and that is the will of God(people who have this prayer experience know what i am talking about). I don't think that prayer is selfish at all, i always find myself praying for hours without ceasing and i find it very refreshing and never boring.I come out charged as if a battery is plugged into an electricity and i always find boldness to face the challenges of the day.
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 6:16am On Jul 24, 2013
frosbel: ^^^^

Yeah! i did had that experience while i was in a campus fellowship in the university back then. I was given a message by God in tongues and somebody else interpreted the message.It happened twice and that was when i came into Christianity as a new convert. I didn't know much about the workings of the Holy Spirit then,how much more now.
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 6:24am On Jul 24, 2013
superior1:

The day i had the baptism of the Holy Spirit was an experience i would never forget in a hurry.Do you know that after i went to my room from the fellowship, i could not sleep that day? I kept finding myself praising and magnifying God in a strange language,floods of Joy kept tearing at me as if my heart wants to burst.It is an unforgettable christian testimony really.
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by superior1: 6:30am On Jul 24, 2013

It is not much of whether UNKNOWN is added or not, the Tongues in those verses are UNKNOWN tongues to Man (that is the main issue)
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Frank4YAHWEH(m): 6:56am On Jul 24, 2013
superior1:

It is not much of whether UNKNOWN is added or not, the Tongues in those verses are UNKNOWN tongues to Man (that is the main issue)

Since "unknown tongues" was added, then it was not of the original Scripture and there would be no such expression as "unknown tongues". As I had just made known to you. The word "unknown" should have been "other" and in correcting this error it would properly read "other tongues" and in turn there would be no such expression as "UNKNOWN tongues" originally mentioned in Scripture. "OTHER tongues" would in fact be KNOWN to man by interpretation of those languages (foreign languages) (PLURAL). Yes, this is in reference to more than one KNOWN language.

Again, the erroneous term "unknown tongue" is used but six times in the King James (I Corinthians. 14:2,4,13,14,19, and 27) and in every instance, the word unknown is in italics, signifying that the original Greek manuscripts did not contain this or any such word. It was erroneously added by the translators and should be taken out. Thw Greek 'glossa' is clearly used to represent a KNOWN language, as in Revelation. 10:11, 13:7 and 17:15 where some combination of "... peoples, and multitudes, and nations and tongues [Greek: glossa—languages] ..." is used.

Note: the statement in Yahchanan Mark 16:17, which states in part: "…they shall speak with new tongues" is part of what is called, "The Longer Ending of Mark," and is not found among the oldest Greek Manuscripts. Others contain it, but make notation that it is "questionable." It is also clear that the Apostles did NOT speak with "NEW tongues" 50 days later on Pentecost, because we have this undeniable statement of Scripture stating that: "... we do hear them speak in OUR languages the wonderful words of Yahweh".

Now we know that the languages of the Medes, Cretes, Asians, Elamites, Parthians, Egyptians, Arabians, etc., spoken on Pentecost were anything but "new tongues," as these tongues/languages are old as the hills. And we know that the Scriptures do not contradict, so it is absurd for any tongue-talkers to use this very questionable verse as justification for babbling something they may contend is a "new" or different kind of language promised by the Messiah.
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Frank4YAHWEH(m): 8:08am On Jul 24, 2013
Bidam: 14:2 “For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God” for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.”.Unknown here doesn't mean it is GIBBERISH, It can mean a foreign language. It doesn't mean nobody could ever possibly learn it.Well, God understands any tongue you speak in. “...for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.” If I say something to malians in an Eskimo dialect, no man understands me because it is unknown. But that doesn´t mean I´m talking in a tongue that God doesn´t know or somebody else doesn´t know. What paul is saying is when you talk in a tongue that nobody knows, then nobody understands it. Amen? Look at verse sixteen, “Else when thou shalt bless with the spirit, how shall he that occupieth the room of the unlearned say Amen at thy giving of thanks seeing he understandeth not what thou sayest?”.

Well i don't know and i don't care either where you got your informations from about the error in the KJV version of unknown, but what i do known is that praying in tongues privately has help my christian life tremendously and has made me to be a better christian in evangelizing and witnessing to souls that are lost out there, most times in my quiet time with God,i used to get messages on who to talk to about Christ and the truth is,it has worked perfectly for me cos most times when i tell people i have never met before about God.The Holy Spirit tells me some secrets about that person and the person used to be amazed as to how i know about him without him telling me his life story.So let God be true and every man be a liar. If the KJV is false,then I'd rather stick to what gives me testimony than your interpretations.

You are taking 1 Corinthians 14:2 out of context in an attempt to deceive, since it goes on to say "I would like every one of you to speak in tongues, but I would rather have you prophesy. The one who prophesies is greater than the one who speaks in tongues, UNLESS SOME ONE INTERPRETS, so that the assemby may be edified."

It is speaking of SOME who do not understand and then it goes on to say that there would be one who INTERPRETS. An iterpreter would most certainly understand the one who was speaking in a language (tongue) or they would not be able to interpret.

Ahh! So you would rather follow in an error rather than follow the true meaning of what is being said in Scripture? That has been quite obvious to me from your arriving on Jump Street. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by SalC: 2:58pm On Jul 24, 2013
frosbel:

smiley
Weird tongues indeed!

The truth remains that speaking in tongues is not for everyone.
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Frank4YAHWEH(m): 3:23pm On Jul 24, 2013
Sal C: Weird tongues indeed!

Especially for those who teach in accordance with Father Yahweh's truth! smiley
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jul 24, 2013
Bidam: Really? anyway most denominations frown at tongues and always down play it significance to the Christian but truth is,it is not weird. The devil might deceive you into thinking that at first but later as you grow in the prayer language you become more bold and confident that you are speaking directly to God.We know how to pray as thought by Jesus on the lord's prayer but we do not know what to pray for because most times our prayers are selfish,monotonous,boring and mechanical, [size=18pt]when i pray in tongues in my closet my spirit prays to God and as i persevere in my prayers accurate word and scriptures keeps coming to my mind eye with clarity and i keep speaking them as the spirit gives me utterance[/size],[/b]most times in my prayers i always find myself interceding for nations and lost souls to be saved and come to the knowledge of God and that is the will of God[b](people who have this prayer experience know what i am talking about). [b]I don't think that prayer is selfish at all, i always find myself praying for hours without ceasing and i find it very refreshing and never boring.[/b]I come out charged as if a battery is plugged into an electricity and i always find boldness to face the challenges of the day.

bros, God bless you... this is really happening to me, ie the green bolded... am really happy to see someone write that cos it comes as you rightly say.... and i wonder when paul said "pray without ceasing", praying with ones understanding you come to the point you lack what to say and how to say... thank God for praying in tongues by the Spirit. grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jul 24, 2013
hisblud:

bros, God bless you... this is really happening to me, ie the green bolded... am really happy to see someone write that cos it comes as you rightly say.... and i wonder when paul said "pray without ceasing", praying with ones understanding you come to the point you lack what to say and how to say... thank God for praying in tongues by the Spirit. grin grin grin grin grin
I am also encouraged by this bro...God bless you too.
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jul 24, 2013
Sal C: Weird tongues indeed!

Is there a special group who speak in tongues ?
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Frank4YAHWEH(m): 10:11pm On Jul 24, 2013
frosbel:

Pentecostal? Although the word itself has nothing to do with speaking gibberish! Or maybe Holy Rollers? cheesy

"Prayer language"? When Yahshua instructed his disiples and the Apostles to commune ["pray" - known as "The Model Prayer"] to our Heavenly FATHER and Creator IN HEAVEN when he himself was HERE ON EARTH, he did not instruct them to speak or commune ["pray"] in an "unknown" or even another language other than that of their own. Yahshua most likely commune with his and our FATHER Yahweh in the Hebrew language, since this is the language the he spoke from Heaven to the Apostle Shaul. Nowhere in Scripture are we ever instructed to pray in a language other than that of our own.

1 Like

Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Frank4YAHWEH(m): 10:38pm On Jul 24, 2013
"Prayer language"? cheesy When Yahshua instructed his disciples and the Apostles to commune ["pray"] to our Heavenly FATHER and Creator IN HEAVEN [known as "The Model Prayer"] when he himself was HERE ON EARTH, he did not instruct them to speak or commune ["pray"] in an "unknown" or even another language. Yahshua most likely communed with his and our FATHER Yahweh in the Hebrew language, since this is the language the he spoke from Heaven to the Apostle Shaul.

1 Like

Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by SalC: 11:06pm On Jul 24, 2013
frosbel:

Such group does not exist anywhere.

When I say speaking in tongues is not for everyone, it means there is still possibility of some people having the genuine gift of speaking in tongues.

Am even surprised that some churches today try to teach their members how to speak in tongues thereby making it look like something you can learn and no longer God's gift to whom he desires.
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 8:48am On Jul 25, 2013
Going through the beginning of the thread once more to highlight some vital points on why believers should speak in an unknown tongue.

Paul, in writing to the Church at Corinth, encouraged the Corinthian Christians to continue the practice of speaking with other tongues in their worship of God. He also encouraged them to speak in tongues in their individual prayer lives as a means of spiritual edification or building up. The Bible says, "He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifi-eth himself. . ."(1Cor. 14:4).

Jude 20 also links praying in tongues with building yourself up spiritually.

20 But ye, beloved, BUILDING UP YOURSELVES on your most holy faith, PRAYING IN
THE HOLY GHOST

Howard Carter, who was one of the Pentecostal world's most renowned teachers on the subject of spiritual gifts, said we must not forget that speaking with other tongues is not only the initial evidence of the Holy Spirit's infilling, but is also a continual experience for the rest of one's life.

For what purpose? To assist us in the worship of God. "Speaking in tongues," Rev Carter said,"is a flowing stream that should never dry up, and that will enrich one's life spiritually." 'The Apostle Paul said that speaking with tongues will edify or build us up spiritually. "For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries" (1 Cor. 14:2).

Moffatt's translation of this verse says, ". . . he is talking of divine secrets in the Spirit." Paul was saying here that God has given to the church a divine, supernatural means of communication with Him.

Paul also stated in First Corinthians 14:14, "For if I pray in an unknown tongue, MY SPIRIT PRAYETH, but my understanding is unfruitful." Notice he said, ".. . my spirit prayeth. ..."The Amplified Bible reads, ". . . my spirit [by the Holy Spirit within me] prays. . . ." God is a spirit. When you pray in tongues, your spirit is in direct contact with God, who is a Spirit. When you speak in tongues, you are talking to Him by divine, supernatural means.

NOTE:Pls there is a difference between the ministry gifts of tongues and devotional gifts of tongues.
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Sunglow: 3:32pm On Jul 25, 2013
@Bidam

thank u 4 those inspiring words.I speak in tongues(n i bet d world will
be shocked to knw dat there are many of us who do).i have bn speaking
in tongues since i was 13yrs!n am not abt 2 stop!Those of us who have
dared to take God @ his word,n rec.this wounderfull gift of d
Spirit,(which is available 4 every who believes)knw of a truth dat it will fire you up,put some springs in ur step,make u bold to declare d counsel of God!in fact as am typing dis rite now,my spirit is stired 2 talk in other tougues

2 Likes

Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Frank4YAHWEH(m): 8:39pm On Jul 25, 2013
Bidam: Going through the beginning of the thread once more to highlight some vital points on why believers should speak in an unknown tongue.

Paul, in writing to the Church at Corinth, encouraged the Corinthian Christians to continue the practice of speaking with other tongues in their worship of God. He also encouraged them to speak in tongues in their individual prayer lives as a means of spiritual edification or building up. The Bible says, "He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifi-eth himself. . ."(1Cor. 14:4).

Jude 20 also links praying in tongues with building yourself up spiritually.

20 But ye, beloved, BUILDING UP YOURSELVES on your most holy faith, PRAYING IN
THE HOLY GHOST

Howard Carter, who was one of the Pentecostal world's most renowned teachers on the subject of spiritual gifts, said we must not forget that speaking with other tongues is not only the initial evidence of the Holy Spirit's infilling, but is also a continual experience for the rest of one's life.

For what purpose? To assist us in the worship of God. "Speaking in tongues," Rev Carter said,"is a flowing stream that should never dry up, and that will enrich one's life spiritually." 'The Apostle Paul said that speaking with tongues will edify or build us up spiritually. "For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries" (1 Cor. 14:2).

Moffatt's translation of this verse says, ". . . he is talking of divine secrets in the Spirit." Paul was saying here that God has given to the church a divine, supernatural means of communication with Him.

Paul also stated in First Corinthians 14:14, "For if I pray in an unknown tongue, MY SPIRIT PRAYETH, but my understanding is unfruitful." Notice he said, ".. . my spirit prayeth. ..."The Amplified Bible reads, ". . . my spirit [by the Holy Spirit within me] prays. . . ." God is a spirit. When you pray in tongues, your spirit is in direct contact with God, who is a Spirit. When you speak in tongues, you are talking to Him by divine, supernatural means.

NOTE:Pls there is a difference between the ministry gifts of tongues and devotional gifts of tongues.

Why would anyone desire to speak in an UNKNOWN tongue when their desire should be to speak in a KNOWN tongue? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jul 25, 2013
Frank4YAHWEH:

Why would anyone desire to speak in an UNKNOWN tongue when their desire should be to speak in a KNOWN tongue? cheesy

I wonder !!

Babel is truly what most churches are today, total confusion, if it's not the pagan trinity, it's speaking in supposedly angelic mysterious tongues , or worst still eternal live roasting of human beings in a furnace of burning sulphur.

Mystery Babylon indeed.

smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Frank4YAHWEH(m): 8:54pm On Jul 25, 2013
frosbel:

I wonder !!

Babel is truly what most churches are today, total confusion, if it's not the pagan trinity, it's speaking in supposedly angelic mysterious tongues , or worst still eternal live roasting of human beings in a furnace of burning sulphur.

Mystery Babylon indeed.

smiley

Growing up I have been to a number of diverse churches with my mother that proclaimed their group spoke in tongues, yet never once witnessed anyone speaking in tongues (languages). All I ever witnessed was a bunch of foolish gibberish and the ones doing the gibberish continuing in disobedience to Father Yahweh instruction.

I also do not believe their lies about people dying in sin and continuing to LIVE in a firey eternal torment:

Oh Hell!
http://www.angelfire.com/hi2/YAHWEHFrank/OhHell.html
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jul 25, 2013
Frank4YAHWEH:

Growing up I have been to a number of diverse churches with my mother that proclaimed their group spoke in tongues, yet never once witnessed anyone speaking in tongues (languages). All I ever witnessed was a bunch of foolish gibberish and the ones doing the gibberish continuing in disobedience to Father Yahweh instruction.

I also do not believe their lies about people dying in sin and continuing to LIVE in a firey eternal torment:

Oh Hell!
http://www.angelfire.com/hi2/YAHWEHFrank/OhHell.html

As Paul said ;

"But in the church I would rather speak five intelligible words to instruct others than ten thousand words in a tongue." - 1 Corinthians 14:19

And when you go to a Lexicon to find out what tongue means, it actually refers to a language.

glóssa: the tongue, a language
Original Word: γλῶσσα, ης, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: glóssa
Phonetic Spelling: (gloce-sah')
Short Definition: the tongue, a language, nation
Definition: the tongue, a language, a nation (usually distinguished by their speech).

A tongue was simply a language other than your native language, not the gibberish being uttered today.

1 Like

Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jul 25, 2013
frosbel:

I wonder !!

Mystery Babylon indeed.

smiley
you and your people have come again oga frosbel. Speaking in unknown tongues is an important part of prayer and spiritual growth. Its just that it can be misused sometimes when the rules laid down for it in the bible are broken.

1 Like

Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:24pm On Jul 25, 2013
I think I have to convert to christianity for a reason.........I want the holy ghost in me and want to speak in tongue....

Need to get my items ready.....here is a preference list:

1. Mushrooms
2. Marijuana
3. LSD
4 Cocaine
5. Ecstasy
6. Morphine
7. Heroin
8. White garment
9. New and big bible
10. Grow some dada
11. Look for the nearest church.

Heli...jah
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Sunglow: 3:45am On Jul 26, 2013
Frank4YAHWEH:

.So how do you communicate with God?
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 4:14am On Jul 26, 2013
Sunglow: @Bidam

thank u 4 those inspiring words.I speak in tongues(n i bet d world will
be shocked to knw dat there are many of us who do).i have bn speaking
in tongues since i was 13yrs!n am not abt 2 stop!Those of us who have
dared to take God @ his word,n rec.this wounderfull gift of d
Spirit,(which is available 4 every who believes)knw of a truth dat it will fire you up,put some springs in ur step,make u bold to declare d counsel of God!in fact as am typing dis rite now,my spirit is stired 2 talk in other tougues
God bless you bro...your post made my day.
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 4:18am On Jul 26, 2013
Frank4YAHWEH:

Funny,when the post you quoted answered your question,God understands all languages/tongues but if you are still not satisfied by the biblical answer which is to worship and magnify God with accuracy then i can't help you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" / Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo, His Wife And Children (Photos) / Bishop Kukah: Nigeria not worth dying for

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.