Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,254 members, 7,836,179 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues (31927 Views)

Why Believers Should Leave Atheists Alone / Why Believers Rush To Pastors To Pray For Them / Why Christians / Believers Should Not Attend Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Frank4YAHWEH(m): 3:21pm On Sep 03, 2013
Bidam: Even after i told these guys that i had this experience they would Not believe.Jesus told the pharisees that if you do not believe my words that i came from the father at least believe the miracles na! May God deliver folks from every satanic blindfoldness in the Body of Christ.

How are we to believe you and be a witness to what you are saying when you have yet to present any evidence? You are the one who has us wearing blindfolds! cheesy
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Gombs(m): 3:26pm On Sep 03, 2013
Frank4YAHWEH:

So, do you believe that believers should speak in tongues? If not, then I can not see how you can admire Bidam's persistence, since this is what he is teaching. Also, I have yet to see him post anything concerning the glad tidings ["gospel"] of Father Yahweh's Kingdom. His professing to speak in tongues is obviously a lie and this I can not admire. Now he has taken this doctrine of speaking in tongues even futher and is erroneously teaching one "should pray in an UNKNOWN tongue." There is no such thing as an "UNKNOWN" language. The language has to be known to the one who is to interpret it.

I speak in tongues daily for no less than 20mins grin

You shd try it...ask The Holy spirit to give you utterance

Are you a Believer of Jesus' Teachings/Gospel?

If yes, What do you understand by what Jesus said in Mark 16v17-18 MSG

17-18 “These are some of the signs that will accompany believers: They will throw out demons in my name, they will speak in new tongues, they will take snakes in their hands, they will drink poison and not be hurt, they will lay hands on the sick and make them well.”

1 Like

Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 3:45pm On Sep 03, 2013
Maybe you should tell him to try it for 5min.

You wan kill am for 20min? grin
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Kenny4lyfe(m): 3:57pm On Sep 03, 2013
Frank4YAHWEH:

How are we to believe you and be a witness to what you are saying when you have yet to present any evidence? You are the one who has us wearing blindfolds! cheesy

Matthew 16:4
"A wicked and adulterous {idol/instinct worshipping} generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas" - Jesus Christ grin

These guys wount believe something unless it agrees with their instinct!

Did I just saw you tryinna quote me?
So, sorry ehn... I wount reply! grin
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by benalvino(m): 4:00pm On Sep 03, 2013
Frank4YAHWEH:

Speaking in togues is "mumbo jumbo"! cheesy

https://www.nairaland.com/1423311/genuin-gift-tongue
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by benalvino(m): 4:02pm On Sep 03, 2013
Kenny4lyfe:

"A wicked and adulterous {idol/instinct worshipping} generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas" - Jesus Christ grin

na man... you got caught by the problem if religion... you grew up watching people speak gibs, now you are looking for excuse to justify gibs

1 Like

Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Frank4YAHWEH(m): 5:32pm On Sep 03, 2013
Gombs:

17-18 “These are some of the signs that will accompany believers: They will throw out demons in my name, they will speak in new tongues, they will take snakes in their hands, they will drink poison and not be hurt, they will lay hands on the sick and make them well.”

Yeah! And I heal lepers daily for no less than 20mins! cheesy And the evidence that you speak in tongues for the unbeliever? You have none!

I have no need for such foolishness! cheesy

As for "Mark 16v17-18 MSG", these verses have been added to complete what was believed to be an incomplete manuscript.

Mark 16
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_16
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Frank4YAHWEH(m): 5:35pm On Sep 03, 2013
Bidam: Maybe you should tell him to try it for 5min.

You wan kill am for 20min? grin

They should not have suggested that I try such foolisness at all! cheesy
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Frank4YAHWEH(m): 5:40pm On Sep 03, 2013
Kenny4lyfe:

Tongues, then, ARE A SIGN, not for believers but FOR UNBELIEVERS; prophecy, however, is not for unbelievers but for believers (1 Corinthians 14:22).

Then I should not seek to speak in tongues, since they ARE A SIGN, right?

Surely there is no contradiction between what you say and what Scripturte says! cheesy
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Gombs(m): 5:46pm On Sep 03, 2013
Yawns...another (Community of Yahweh church) Cele church member, pls I cnt strt all over again

*unfollows thread

1 Like

Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Frank4YAHWEH(m): 7:13pm On Sep 03, 2013
Gombs: Yawns...another (Community of Yahweh church) Cele church member, pls I cnt strt all over again

*unfollows thread

WAKE UP! No, not a "Community of Yahweh church) Cele church member"! Unfollow? GREAT! cheesy

Remember, I do not believe that Yahshua pre-existed his birth and that he was born of a virgin, so you are not going to find me being a member of any so-called "church." cheesy
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by lahchi: 11:33pm On Sep 03, 2013
Gombs:

No doubt dis was written in the Bible specifically Jesus Christ speaking to the disciples but when it occured in acts 2, what was the response of the people? Now if they say it was their language in which they were born they heard why would you still open your mouth and speak a trash you call Heavenly Language that cannot be interpreted!
1st of all the church you attend practise doctrines that the Early Christians never practised and you beat your chest and say you serve God and follow the Doctrine of Christ? Don't deceive yourself.

1 Like

Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Frank4YAHWEH(m): 4:22am On Sep 04, 2013
Gombs:

Hey! How about this for the title of the thread then?:

'Why Believers Should Handle Snakes and Drink Poison' cheesy

Mark 16
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 9:35am On Sep 04, 2013
Frank4YAHWEH:

They should not have suggested that I try such foolisness at all! cheesy
Yeah,it is foolishness to those who are perishing.
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 9:44am On Sep 04, 2013
Frank4YAHWEH:

Tongues, then, ARE A SIGN, not for believers but FOR UNBELIEVERS; prophecy, however, is not for unbelievers but for believers (1 Corinthians 14:22).

Then I should not seek to speak in tongues, since they ARE A SIGN, right?

Surely there is no contradiction between what you say and what Scripturte says! cheesy

You are missing the point of that scripture. Paul quoted Isaiah 28:11,12 prophecy that was fulfilled in Acts 2:12-13 concerning the Jews who heard the Apostles magnifying God in other languages but instead of believing them,they mocked them that they were drunk at 9 a.m in the morning."That was the sign to the unbelieving Jews".

It was peter's message that really got them converted.Selah#
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 9:54am On Sep 04, 2013
Frank4YAHWEH:

Hey! How about this for the title of the thread then?:

'Why Believers Should Handle Snakes and Drink Poison' cheesy

Mark 16
You are a shame to the Jesus you profess to serve(If at all He is the real Jesus).You can quote a wiki that is always edited by any tom,di.cki or harry for all i care.So far as it is in my bible i believe it.Anytime you see that scripture,read it with the eyes of your understanding like this

MARK 16:15-18
15 .. (.Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be
damned.
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils
[ exercise authority over demons and evil spirits in His name]; they shall speak with
new tongues;
18 They shall take up serpents [meaning believers won't be harmed if they do so
accidentally, as Paul did on the island of Melital; and if they drink any deadly thing
[accidentally], it shall not hurt them;
they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall
recover.
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Frank4YAHWEH(m): 2:44pm On Sep 04, 2013
Bidam: You are missing the point of that scripture. Paul quoted Isaiah 28:11,12 prophecy that was fulfilled in Acts 2:12-13 concerning the Jews who heard the Apostles magnifying God in other languages but instead of believing them,they mocked them that they were drunk at 9 a.m in the morning."That was the sign to the unbelieving Jews".

It was peter's message that really got them converted.Selah#

I am not denying that they spoke in diverse languages, what it is that I am denying is your teaching of "UNKNOWN" tongues as if the languages that they were speaking could not be interpreted by ANYONE to get the prophetic message that was proclaimed. These languages were actual languages spoken by the people of this world at that time. They were only understood by the people who spoke these languages and in turn you have an interpreter. They were only "UNKNOWN" languges ["tongues"] to the people who did not speak these languages.
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by benalvino(m): 2:49pm On Sep 04, 2013
Frank4YAHWEH:

I am not denying that they spoke in diverse languages, what it is that I am denying is your teaching of "UNKNOWN" tongues as if the languages that they were speaking could not be interpreted by ANYONE to get the prophetic message that was proclaimed. These languages were actual languages spoken by the people of this world at that time. They were only understood by the people who spoke these languages and in turn you have an interpreter. They were only "UNKNOWN" languges ["tongues"] to the people who did not speak these languages.

and paul said it https://www.nairaland.com/1423311/genuin-gift-tongue/1#17871405
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Frank4YAHWEH(m): 2:57pm On Sep 04, 2013
Bidam: You are a shame to the Jesus you profess to serve(If at all He is the real Jesus).You can quote a wiki that is always edited by any tom,di.cki or harry for all i care.So far as it is in my bible i believe it.Anytime you see that scripture,read it with the eyes of your understanding like this

MARK 16:15-18
15 .. (.Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be
damned.
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils
[ exercise authority over demons and evil spirits in His name]; they shall speak with
new tongues;
18 They shall take up serpents [meaning believers won't be harmed if they do so
accidentally, as Paul did on the island of Melital; and if they drink any deadly thing
[accidentally], it shall not hurt them;
they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall
recover.

You are the one who should be ashamed of themselves for pushing a "speaking in "UNKNOWN" tongues doctrine that is not even taught in Scripture from where we are to get our doctrine for reproof and correction and instruction in righteousness. You are a shame to the Messiah and to his our our Heavenly Father and Creator that I serve! And like I said, if you really believe what you say is true concerning your belief that believers SHOULD speak in "UNKNOWN" tongues, then you SHOULD also push the doctrine believers SHOULD handle snakes and drink poison.

The ending of Yahchanan Mark 16 is one is just one of the additions to Scripture that are well known. I just used the Wiki source, since it says the same as all other sources on this subject. A simple search on the internet well give you these others sources. There are also other sources that you will find that attempt to support the ending of Yahchanan Mark 16 to no avail in my honest opinion.

Mark 16

1 Like

Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Frank4YAHWEH(m): 3:00pm On Sep 04, 2013
benalvino:

and paul said it https://www.nairaland.com/1423311/genuin-gift-tongue/1#17871405

Shaul said plenty of things, since his writings take up most of the so-called "New Testament", but he certainly did not teach that believers SHOULD speak in "UNKNOWN" tongues! In fact, nowhere in Scripture as a whole does it evr teach such foolishness! cheesy
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 3:01pm On Sep 04, 2013
^^^

Don't mind these false prophets, they are so immersed into false doctrines , it's unbelievable how they still call themselves Christian.

How can a sane person speak gibberish in the name of communicating with GOD without understanding a word of it - madness.

smiley

2 Likes

Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Frank4YAHWEH(m): 7:54pm On Sep 04, 2013
Check out this other thread on this forum where they are trying to say this little 2 year old girl is speaking in tongues when the only language that she is actually speaking is English and a bunch of gibberish along with it:

https://www.nairaland.com/667143/2-year-old-christ-embassy/2
Re: Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues by Frank4YAHWEH(m): 7:55pm On Sep 04, 2013
Following is the silly video that they are referring to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Hc03Ii7JS0

As you will note in this video it will advertise the URL pastorsexwife.org. Visiting this site proves that this video is not promoted by someone or an organization that is of the spirit of Yahowah. You will also note in this video that this little girl actually says the following:

"And I am like Pastor Chris! ... Pastor Chris, God ..."

Again, this proves that this video is not promoted by someone or an organization that is of the spirit of Yahowah.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" / Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo, His Wife And Children (Photos) / Bishop Kukah: Nigeria not worth dying for

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.