Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,614 members, 7,820,179 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home (24005 Views)

Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria / Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? / Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by Affiliated(m): 11:07pm On Dec 26, 2012
fm7070:

you can never be rusticated because of such flimsy reason, maybe there is more to it than what you're telling us.

I didn't take my bible to an evening service. When bishop Oyedepo was preaching someone stood up and started walking out [Probably to use the toilet] He got angry and shouted on the person for a while. He then asked those who weren't with their bibles to come out. I came out. The case dragged on a bit with them making us do other activities. Eventually some people were rusticated and others were pardoned [probably first time offenders]. I was a first time offender but was given a one year suspension. I went for bible school [Wofbi] and appealed the rustication. I was called back after some months. I wasn't interested anymore. Any case after that would have been expulsion regardless of what year I was in. Are you happy now?

1 Like

Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by Affiliated(m): 11:08pm On Dec 26, 2012
fellis:

Rusticating a student for failing to take their Bible with them is too harsh now.
What if I have a Bible in my phone?

Phones are not allowed in the school to the best of my recent knowledge
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by Nobody: 11:09pm On Dec 26, 2012
Na wa ,with that huge amount of money
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by penzino(m): 11:09pm On Dec 26, 2012
dl_jbd: are you kidding me
Madonna is nt on d list!
bro madonna still have tolerance... CU expelled like 200 students lst mnth. Dis church skuls no dey play ooooo..
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by omarky(m): 11:11pm On Dec 26, 2012
@OP, are you telling that my school(FUTMX) is imoral?

1 Like

Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by blessed4ever: 11:12pm On Dec 26, 2012
Why must you desire to remain immoral. The immoral shall not inherit the kingdom of God, except you repent.
Use your youthful life to serve Jesus.

2 Likes

Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by penzino(m): 11:12pm On Dec 26, 2012
Onaolamipo: It is a lie. These universities do not expel students because they spend so much on advert on Radio,television,news paper,before there students come in
200 studnts or thereabout were rusticated lst mnth... Sum didn't go to fellowship, d ones dat didn't go with their tie e.t.c no play wit dose pple ooo, dem no send u
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by segcymoor(m): 11:13pm On Dec 26, 2012
@op..I wonder hom much those thief pay u for dis advert..Are u indirectly saying poor man pikin no fit live moral life since he can't afford private Varsity?...Are those student not comming to these society of our..I think u are just deceiving urself

1 Like

Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by penzino(m): 11:13pm On Dec 26, 2012
omarky: @OP, are you telling that my school(FUTMX) is imoral?
lol na true ooo, I finish dia ooooo
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by blessed4ever: 11:14pm On Dec 26, 2012
Paul told Timothy to Flee youthful lust. Your life will be caged by satan, if continue in unrighteousness
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by Nobody: 11:15pm On Dec 26, 2012
Affiliated:

Phones are not allowed in the school to the best of my recent knowledge

Are laptops allowed?
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by AdetayoS(m): 11:16pm On Dec 26, 2012
university of ilorin should be on d list
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by Affiliated(m): 11:17pm On Dec 26, 2012
fellis:

Are laptops allowed?

Yes. No modems though to the best of my recent knowledge
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by Nobody: 11:18pm On Dec 26, 2012
Affiliated:

Yes. No modems though to the best of my recent knowledge
Why are phones prohibited in the first place?
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by Iaz93: 11:19pm On Dec 26, 2012
This covenant sef....i wonder why people are running to the school...
Because of Bible, dem go rusticate you for 1yr... Tufiakwa!
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by sushieater: 11:20pm On Dec 26, 2012
Blue diamond:
my thots exactly.WTF is madonna?
ha! she went to malawi to adopt another baby..

1 Like

Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by Affiliated(m): 11:24pm On Dec 26, 2012
fellis:
Why are phones prohibited in the first place?

From what I know phones were first allowed in the school. Then phones ringing during lectures and services annoyed school authority then the final straw was when a phone rang when Bishop Oyedepo was preaching and He then impulsively banned it [I'm not sure about this but this is the story I heard while there]
Anyway Bishop Oyedepo is not the kind of man to go back on His decisions so even when that decision kept looking more and more stupid, the reasons for not allowing phones kept evolving. It changed to "Students would spend too much money on recharge cards" Then when that didn't make sense anymore, they made a kind of public phone available in the hostels [like a phone booth]...
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by cooltony09: 11:24pm On Dec 26, 2012
penzino: 200 studnts or thereabout were rusticated lst mnth... Sum didn't go to fellowship, d ones dat didn't go with their tie e.t.c no play wit dose pple ooo, dem no send u
Huh??c tertiary education 4 9ja...I wonder y sum people 4get about d main aim of education and focus on d minor..students will now graduate and b living programmed lives..
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by Nobody: 11:25pm On Dec 26, 2012
all these na wash. come to university of ilorin, no be small thing. we ar jst better by far

1 Like

Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by ubong560(m): 11:26pm On Dec 26, 2012
If unical not in d list, den d authenticity of d list is porous
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by penzino(m): 11:31pm On Dec 26, 2012
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by penzino(m): 11:32pm On Dec 26, 2012
ubong560: If unical not in d list, den d authenticity of d list is porous
mumuX2
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by adim2(m): 11:33pm On Dec 26, 2012
aπϑ dis post actually made front page aπϑ dis post actually made front page
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by Nobody: 11:34pm On Dec 26, 2012
Affiliated:

From what I know phones were first allowed in the school. Then phones ringing during lectures and services annoyed school authority then the final straw was when a phone rang when Bishop Oyedepo was preaching and He then impulsively banned it [I'm not sure about this but this is the story I heard while there]
Anyway Bishop Oyedepo is not the kind of man to go back on His decisions so even when that decision kept looking more and more stupid, the reasons for not allowing phones kept evolving. It changed to "Students would spend too much money on recharge cards" Then when that didn't make sense anymore, they made a kind of public phone available in the hostels [like a phone booth]...

The guy is sounding like an arrogant tyrant to me.

If the problem was phones ringing during lectures then he could have simply banned the carrying of phones to lecture halls instead of completely banning the use of cell phones in school altogether.

The phone booth idea sounds ridiculous and archaic and hilarious.
What a dumb idea.
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by Gerrard59(m): 11:35pm On Dec 26, 2012
So in other words we should go to a Religious school instead of a secular school?
Is Harvard a religious/pious varciti?
John Hopkins nko?

What of the Oxbridge? Surprisingly even the most religious Arabians send thier wards to secular schools instead of the religious ones.

Wonder why no religious/moral/pious university is never among any of the rankings agenices for universities in the world?

Or will any religious person here reject a scholargoat to Harvard,because it's irreligious?

4 Likes

Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by Pdizzle(m): 11:41pm On Dec 26, 2012
Juwon277: u 4got to add federal university of technology akure, just try to visit d kcl and u will testify to dis.
re u a futa student
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by mekzybling(m): 11:41pm On Dec 26, 2012
Chai!!!! My school madonna uni aint on that list @op I totally disagree with that list cos Rev. Fr EMP EDEH iz a "NO NONSENSE" man ooo,so u berra add ma school on that list...... grin grin grin
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by Affiliated(m): 11:44pm On Dec 26, 2012
fellis:

The guy is sounding like an arrogant tyrant to me.

If the problem was phones ringing during lectures then he could have simply banned the carrying of phones to lecture halls instead of completely banning the use of cell phones in school altogether.

The phone booth idea sounds ridiculous and archaic and hilarious.
What a dumb idea.

Lol. Well his empire his rules. People that go there can only blame themselves later if they get put off by the whole thing. Unless they were forced to go there in which case they can blame whoever forced them.
About the whole arrogant tyrant, Didn't you see when He slapped a little girl on the pulpit in front of the whole world to see and later came back to brag about it?
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by Nobody: 11:47pm On Dec 26, 2012
Affiliated:

Lol. Well his empire his rules. People that go there can only blame themselves later if they get put off by the whole thing. Unless they were forced to go there in which case they can blame whoever forced them.
About the whole arrogant tyrant, Didn't you see when He slapped a little girl on the pulpit in front of the whole world to see and later came back to brag about it?

Wow, tell me about it.
And the worst part was that some people supported him and there was even applause in the church after he assaulted the girl.

But why are you speaking ill of the guy now?
I thought the Bible says don't speak ill about men of God? wink
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by Affiliated(m): 11:50pm On Dec 26, 2012
fellis:

Wow, tell me about it.
And the worst part was that some people supported him and there was even applause in the church after he assaulted the girl.

But why are you speaking ill of the guy now?
I thought the Bible says don't speak ill about men of God? wink

How to put it? I'm not a christian and I don't believe the bible to be the word of God. I think that about sums it up
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by Affiliated(m): 12:00am On Dec 27, 2012
I came across this picture somewhere on nairaland and I know many Christians are into conspiracy theories. In fact much of Christianity is built on conspiracy theories.
I don't know what these symbols mean or signify and I'm not suggesting anything, they are however interesting to me.
This is the Arial view of Covenant University. This is definitely it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

School Gives Goat As Prize For First Position In A Primary School / Unilag Student Sold His Kidney To Graduate / Isreal Galadima The JAMB Guru: Throwback Pictures Of 2018 UTME Highest Scorer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.