Stats: 3,153,616 members, 7,820,186 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home (24006 Views)

Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria / Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? / Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by Curiouscity(m): 12:07am On Dec 27, 2012
The problem is most Nigerians are empty religious bigots. Most religious secondary schools (eg seminaries and juniorates) send out pretenders who enter the society and become more perverse than those who attended secular schools. In educating someone, freewill is a major component for a balance life. These are tertiary institutions for goodness sake. Why not focus on high education standards?

Only in Nigeria!!

Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by manny4life(m): 12:11am On Dec 27, 2012
Does his own children go to that same school? Don't tell me he sent them to better schools overseas...
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by Nobody: 12:13am On Dec 27, 2012
Affiliated:

How to put it? I'm not a christian and I don't believe the bible to be the word of God. I think that about sums it up

hmm. I had a feeling you weren't a Christian.
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by Melinde: 12:15am On Dec 27, 2012
where is madonna and caritas because i am a product of one of them. i know what we passed through
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by Nobody: 12:27am On Dec 27, 2012
Affiliated:

Madonna can NEVER be as bad as covenant university

As at when I was rusticated from Covenant University a few hundred people were also rusticated. Mine was for not taking my bible to an evening service

so all those vices mean bad to u?
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by Affiliated(m): 12:31am On Dec 27, 2012
ferdimako:

so all those vices mean bad to u?

The subject of discussion isn't whose students have worse vices. Its what schools rusticate for the flimsiest reasons. Neither of the above schools have vices... relatively speaking of course
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by REVOLUTNIS: 12:56am On Dec 27, 2012
Uniport should be on the list
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by opee1231(f): 1:05am On Dec 27, 2012
please where is Igbinedion University dt list is incomplete..pls redraft it..waiting cool
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by Nobody: 1:05am On Dec 27, 2012
Lol......a bit harsh tho.......no mobile phone, are they kids?

Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by bikokwe(m): 1:09am On Dec 27, 2012
@ poster, not totally correct, more often than not, it's just an exaggeration!
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by ubcandid(m): 1:13am On Dec 27, 2012
when u ar in a uni, it is expected Dat u have received training and discipline from home, secondary school and church and as such ur traverse in the uni journey is to help u be a MAN.let me also say that the best form of discipline is self-control and that's what uni life is meant to help u achieve.i school in a fed school uniuyo to be precise and i can tell u we have more disciplined and moral students than the so called private.i mean some girls may finish from the university and get married immediately with no sense of exploration and good discernment of life. i say no to restriction on undergraduate because when u get to ur 2nd nd 3rd year u get emboldened and begin thinking of opening companies and finding solution to problems. causing u visit M.D's of companies, learn to talk to them and work on projects on the streets.private unnecessarily cuts that out.THE SOLUTION TO NIGERIA'S PROBLEM IS NOT FIRST CLASS OR 2.1.
before i got into school i don't like going to church because i was forced by my mum, but when i got to my 2nd yr i started understanding the world now i go to church with my heart and the doctrine permeates me, not going against my will and being rebellious in spirit.
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by OmoTier1(m): 1:40am On Dec 27, 2012
fellis:

The guy is sounding like an arrogant tyrant to me.

If the problem was phones ringing during lectures then he could have simply banned the carrying of phones to lecture halls instead of completely banning the use of cell phones in school altogether.

The phone booth idea sounds ridiculous and archaic and hilarious.
What a dumb idea.
You people spew rubbish simply because you have no idea of what is obtainable elsewhere! When I did my university Education (not in Nigeria) it was considered unacceptable to use phones in lecture rooms. In fact, on most of the door to the lecture rooms, they have a sign indicating "no phones allowed"! Those that attended the University did not see it as obnoxious and they gladly followed the rules as specified by the University.More recently, the University introduced what they Called "University Charter". The use of mobile phones at lecture rooms and at designated places was included in the charter which EVERY STUDENT have to sign up to before enrollment with an acknowledgement that the University will not be sued for any disciplinary related actions if the student failed to live by what S/He have signed up to in the Charter!

I guess before students apply to Universities like Covenant University, they are told what to expect during Open Days and also in the Guides they give to them!

Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by OmoTier1(m): 1:45am On Dec 27, 2012
opee1231: please where is Igbinedion University dt list is incomplete..pls redraft it..waiting cool
Seriously people still consider Igbinedion University as a good University? That is a glorified college
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by dayokanu(m): 3:37am On Dec 27, 2012
Na wa oo
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by EngrChris(m): 4:15am On Dec 27, 2012
The truth about Uni life is that any part u don't experience when u are in scul if eventually come out to the society u become worst in that part than some1 that experience it while in Uni. On that list magority of students that graduate from those Uni(scul), that was denied a lot of social life if they graduate n come out to the society, they do undowable more than some1 that did'nt graduate from those Uni. Uni life meant to shape u 2 become a Matured Mind not just Mature. Weder a Man or a Woman. What u have not experience when u are out u want 2 experience it, if u don't mean u are hid'g it wit pretence. what ever hav front wil also hav back. Finally EVERYTHING WORK 4 GOOD 4 THOSE THAT BELIEVE IN ALMIGHTY GOD. No matter what I thank God 4 Unitech Ow. 4 making me what I am 2day n also be close 2 God.
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by j4jj: 4:39am On Dec 27, 2012
Onaolamipo: It is a lie. These universities do not expel students because they spend so much on advert on Radio,television,news paper,before there students come in

Its true o! The Covenant Uni expeled me wen I waz colourbeeing in sch! Lol!
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by j4jj: 4:47am On Dec 27, 2012
j4jj:

Its true o! The Covenant Uni expeled me wen I waz colourbeeing in sch! Lol!

Frankly speakin! Students should not be given any chances to mess around cos it will eventualy affect their studies! Howeva! the sch authorities should nt mk policies dat'l b extreme
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by moneyhungry(m): 5:47am On Dec 27, 2012
after all the MORALS AND STRICTNESS.... NO JOB...
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by Nobody: 6:07am On Dec 27, 2012
That list is not complete you hav 2 add my school FUTA.
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by Soskid(m): 6:38am On Dec 27, 2012
When we talk of morality in higher institutions, OAU should top that list.... A skul dat gives zero tolerance to cultism... U dare not play with scientific maximum shi shi which is d traditional punishment given to erring students
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by oks938: 6:39am On Dec 27, 2012
I thank God Madona is not there.Most of their gals are hidden prostitutes,if u can see them in action outside their University premisess u will swear not 2b in that University. I'm saying this on proves with their female graduated students I did NYSC progrm with in Rivers state, every nit l wil not sleep with their screemin 4kin noise in d room nxt 2 my room
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by Korrection(m): 6:45am On Dec 27, 2012
they would have as well carry out v.irginity test ....na lie abeg....
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by Caseless: 6:45am On Dec 27, 2012
Op, what is this? Some of u that do not travel out of ur state to visit other places can find it so easy to conclude on issues like this.
If u really want university that do not take sh1t, come to the north.

A.B.U

B.U.K,

forget these two.....them harsh die. Dont mind those private universities with their 'notice me' way of handling immorality. They shear firstclass and 2-1(upper) like waffers....so students can stil do whatevr they like and hoping to go home with the mentioned grades.

Come to universities where they dont tolerate nonesense, they use result to humble students and they can withraw students at the hint of immorality....afterall , nobody invited u to come or asked u to pay any huge fees...

Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by Caseless: 6:48am On Dec 27, 2012
oks938: I thank God Madona is not there.Most of their gals are hidden prostitutes,if u can see them in action outside their University premisess u will swear not 2b in that University. I'm saying this on proves with their female graduated students I did NYSC progrm with in Rivers state, every nit l wil not sleep with their screemin 4kin noise in d room nxt 2 my room
are u a customer, how come they dont allow u to sleep?
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by Vicjay1(m): 6:49am On Dec 27, 2012
The likes of UNIBEN and UNILAG should be on that list. They would make u d best in what u re gud @.
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by Chiemekaorizu(m): 6:55am On Dec 27, 2012
Vic-jay:
The likes of UNIBEN and UNILAG should be on that list. They would make u d best in what u re gud @.
Gbam! Greatest uniben I hail thee!
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by Gwazah(m): 6:59am On Dec 27, 2012
Onaolamipo: It is a lie. These universities do not expel students because they spend so much on advert on Radio,television,news paper,before there students come in
u don't know what u are saying in 2009 many were expel 4rm covenant uni. just because of not having BIBLE nd been HIV positive.
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by Ogojohn(m): 7:05am On Dec 27, 2012
THE POSTER JUST LIMITED HIMSELF TO HIS AREA OF COVERAGE. COULD HAVE APTLY TERMED IT WESTERN NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES. SO DO NOT BE DOWN HEARTED IF YOU DD NOT SEE MADONNA UNIVERSITY.
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by Lovine: 7:22am On Dec 27, 2012
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by blessed4ever:

So you think receiving Jesus has to do with praying prayers?
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by Nobody: 7:22am On Dec 27, 2012
Is dt rily the arial view of convenant university?
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by OmoEziokwu: 7:24am On Dec 27, 2012
Dmantle: Madonna Uni should top that list

Curious_city: The problem is most Nigerians are empty religious bigots. Most religious secondary schools (eg seminaries and juniorates) send out pretenders who enter the society and become more perverse than those who attended secular schools. In educating someone, freewill is a major component for a balance life. These are tertiary institutions for goodness sake. Why not focus on high education standards?

Only in Nigeria!!

Affiliated:

Madonna can NEVER be as bad as covenant university

THE GREAT MADONNA UNIVERSITY FOR YOU

https://www.nairaland.com/805270/scam-center-called-madonna-university

https://www.nairaland.com/156750/madonna-university-truth

https://www.nairaland.com/982301/operating-licenses-madonna-university-akin
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by NnamdiN: 7:28am On Dec 27, 2012
What really is the aim, when majority are "moral" in the school and "immoral"outside My boo na Babcock student gaan and she the baddest boo grin

School Gives Goat As Prize For First Position In A Primary School / Unilag Student Sold His Kidney To Graduate / Isreal Galadima The JAMB Guru: Throwback Pictures Of 2018 UTME Highest Scorer