Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,218 members, 7,836,059 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

40 Years And Not Married?! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 40 Years And Not Married?! (3870 Views)

Couple Married For 10 Years And Never Had Sex (PHOTO) / 8 Things You Should Never Do For A Lover You’ve Not Married / Help! I’ve Been Married For Three Years And I’m Still A Virgin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

40 Years And Not Married?! by Kirinwa: 2:12pm On Dec 25, 2012
Well it's the Celebration time again.These are times when events like Marriage ceremonies,House,Car,Child dedications are on the increase.Even these are times when men are on the lookout for their potential partners-I wish to explore this option.NOW I know there are ladies who are 40 years plus and not yet married,not because they don't want to but because men don't find them attractive.How or What do you feel they should do to increase their chances?Please advise them if you are concerned.Those Big Aunties as they are called can also advise their younger counterparts here perhaps in the area of excessive shakara or other things to boost their chances.Let me use this opportunity to wish all eligible bachelors like myself a fruitful search for their partners.
Re: 40 Years And Not Married?! by lipsyliscious: 2:30pm On Dec 25, 2012
@ 40,marraige should nt b ur priority,mind u marraige is nt d peak of every1s lyf. @ dis stage u should focus on finding fulfilment in ur job n being a single mum,bt if u're still desperate,go ahead, by all means, its a free world

5 Likes

Re: 40 Years And Not Married?! by Kirinwa: 2:30pm On Dec 25, 2012
My own advise is that they should turn on their feminine charms by being friendly,accomodating and hospitable.Being BOSSY is a turn off.They shouldn't allow their situation to affect their countenance.BE CHEERFUL AND PRAYERFUL.

1 Like

Re: 40 Years And Not Married?! by Kirinwa: 2:41pm On Dec 25, 2012
lipsyliscious: @ 40,marraige should nt b ur priority,mind u marraige is nt d peak of every1s lyf. @ dis stage u should focus on finding fulfilment in ur job n being a single mum,bt if u're still desperate,go ahead, by all means, its a free world
NAWA OH.

2 Likes

Re: 40 Years And Not Married?! by k2039: 3:04pm On Dec 25, 2012
Marriage is not for everyone.

2 Likes

Re: 40 Years And Not Married?! by clemz85(m): 3:12pm On Dec 25, 2012
[quote
author=Kirinwa]My own advise is that they should turn on their feminine
charms by being friendly,accomodating and hospitable.Being BOSSY is a
turn off.They shouldn't allow their situation to affect their
countenance.BE CHEERFUL AND PRAYERFUL. this is from a positiv mind
Re: 40 Years And Not Married?! by Kirinwa: 3:43pm On Dec 25, 2012
k2039: Marriage is not for everyone.
Advise those who want marrige while those who don't need it should kindly proceed to menopause.
Re: 40 Years And Not Married?! by Nobody: 4:55pm On Dec 25, 2012
lipsyliscious: @ 40,marraige should nt b ur priority,mind u marraige is nt d peak of every1s lyf. @ dis stage u should focus on finding fulfilment in ur job n being a single mum,bt if u're still desperate,go ahead, by all means, its a free world
What is the peak @ 40? Remember, it is a God's institution why are encouraging fragmented or lonely life
Re: 40 Years And Not Married?! by Kirinwa: 6:48pm On Dec 25, 2012
Let's not deviate from the context of the subject matter.I still believe we're still good in English comprehension,it comes to play here.I am talking of giving advise and tips to ladies 40 years and above who still want to get married not for you to tell us that marriage is not one's PRioty at 40years?!Haba let's be reasonable nah,Abeg.
Re: 40 Years And Not Married?! by omiobo: 8:55am On Dec 26, 2012
Some of these posters are jokers. How can you tell a 40yrs old lady not to worry when her younger ones are married with kids. Don't mind them. All you need to do is to cut yourself off anything that makes you single at this moment,be it your past,things you do men don't like. In the course of keeping yourself for the right man,when you least expect he will come your way and add meaning to your life.
Marriage is necessary. Pray and believe in God for a right partner.
Re: 40 Years And Not Married?! by Nobody: 9:59am On Dec 26, 2012
With the type of monkeys I see on NL it's better if some of these women die single than die from hypertension all in the name of marriage

3 Likes

Re: 40 Years And Not Married?! by shizzle11(m): 11:08am On Dec 26, 2012
mondi_cheeks: With the type of monkeys I see on NL it's better if some of these women die single than die from hypertension all in the name of marriage

Mondi_sweets, Nawa for Ɣ☺ΰ'o. If †ђξ type of men Ɣ☺ΰ see on NL are monkeys, then †ђξ ladies are gorillas. Whatever gives Ɣ☺ΰ †ђξ impression that every guy on NL is †ђξ same.
Pls like †ђξ Op pleaded, u're expected to give those ladies who are willing to get married some hope/tips on how to improve their chances and not to plunge them into more despair with your biased impression.

1 Like

Re: 40 Years And Not Married?! by shizzle11(m): 11:19am On Dec 26, 2012

Wtf! Marriage no doubt is not for everyone, but to say marriage should shouldn't be a priority for those desirous of getting married(even @40), then u got to be kidding me.

Ok, now I ask Ɣ☺ΰ, what if she's not a career woman, doesn't have a good job or even non at all? And mind Ɣ☺ΰ, its not every woman thaÞ likes †ђξ idea of being a single mom
Re: 40 Years And Not Married?! by Agrika: 11:25am On Dec 26, 2012
I dont know what to say,am still below 25, but from past conversations with some unmarried "big aunties", they usually blamed thier present status on too much shakara they did in the past, heartbreaks and most of all lack of intrest in the whole marriage thing
Re: 40 Years And Not Married?! by Tedpgrass: 5:42pm On Dec 26, 2012
Tis the season to be joyful
As its the end of the year, its reasonable to take stock of achievements and shortcomings

So commend the Op at creating this thread.

There are pple, male n female in the 40's "box".
Desiring marriage for different reasons:
increasing interaction in anonymity is a proven successful method.
No airs, no "boss or family pedigree" role play.......
Simply being oneself.

For those arguing for or against......
If you don't fall into the category of 40's,
Na beg I beg....
Siddon for corner.

Let the thespians start,
May Favour shine upon us..
"Break a leg"......
Pls not literally..

Gbam!!!
Re: 40 Years And Not Married?! by KINGwax(m): 6:28pm On Dec 26, 2012
mondi_cheeks: With the type of monkeys I see on NL it's better if some of these women die single than die from hypertension all in the name of marriage
bitterness
Re: 40 Years And Not Married?! by olumaxi(m): 8:02pm On Dec 26, 2012
To knw d advise to giv..we mst knw d reason y d person involvd has remain unmaried 4 so long..cos mosttins aint jst as we c am.
Re: 40 Years And Not Married?! by lipsyliscious: 8:18pm On Dec 26, 2012
Take am easy! I said if u're still desperate go ahead! If a woman is very com4table @ 40 n cn still have children,I tink she should focus on makin herself happy! Havin a child I tink wiLl do d magic! Dis is my honest opinion,don't u tink wen she focuses on positive tinz in her lyf,happiness comes n I'm sure men will b attracted 2 a happy woman! Evry1s lyf z nt programed 2 go d same way
shizzle11:

Wtf! Marriage no doubt is not for everyone, but to say marriage should shouldn't be a priority for those desirous of getting married(even @40), then u got to be kidding me.

Ok, now I ask Ɣ☺ΰ, what if she's not a career woman, doesn't have a good job or even non at all? And mind Ɣ☺ΰ, its not every woman thaÞ likes †ђξ idea of being a single mom
Re: 40 Years And Not Married?! by Nobody: 8:37pm On Dec 26, 2012
KINGwax: bitterness
its not bitterness...like oscar wilde said...the truth is rarely pure and never simple grin

1 Like

Re: 40 Years And Not Married?! by chikeorji123(m): 8:46pm On Dec 26, 2012
At 40 a lady can still get married,sometimes they are the one who put themself at that situation while some are dumped by their guys at 11hr by the time they recovered is already late, but Is there anything too hard for GOD?.
Re: 40 Years And Not Married?! by Tedpgrass: 8:56pm On Dec 26, 2012
Peeps,
I said....... the thread is for the 40's.....

No one is asking for your opinions as to why they are 40 n seeking the significant other ..

Keep ur poorly researched largely biased opinions with shaky foundations to yourselves!!!!!

Let the thespians commence!!!!!!

Re: 40 Years And Not Married?! by lipsyliscious: 9:17pm On Dec 26, 2012
undecidedare u d poster or are u a learner? Go n find 40yr olds 2 post! Mtcheww
Tedpgrass:

Peeps,
I said....... the thread is for the 40's.....

No one is asking for your opinions as to why they are 40 n seeking the significant other ..

Keep ur poorly researched largely biased opinions with shaky foundations to yourselves!!!!!

Let the thespians commence!!!!!!

Re: 40 Years And Not Married?! by Kirinwa: 5:17am On Dec 27, 2012
lipsyliscious: undecidedare u d poster or are u a learner? Go n find 40yr olds 2 post! Mtcheww
grin Lipsybabe take am easy nah.lolz.
grin grin grin

I said give them 40s Big Aunties advice to boost their chances.Telling them to become single mums is BAD advice knowing that means getting a child out of wedlock .
Re: 40 Years And Not Married?! by giftmurphy(f): 2:31pm On Dec 27, 2012
be urself,if u av an unpleasant character,change it..what else do u need?
Re: 40 Years And Not Married?! by Kirinwa: 3:56pm On Dec 29, 2012
giftmurphy: be urself,if u av an unpleasant character,change it..what else do u need?
What if being yourself means having an Unpleasant Character?
Re: 40 Years And Not Married?! by Nobody: 12:57pm On Dec 31, 2012
Get pregnant and have kids or adopt kids.

1 Like

Re: 40 Years And Not Married?! by giftmurphy(f): 10:34am On Jan 11, 2013
Kirinwa: What if being yourself means having an Unpleasant Character?
as written above,change any unpleasant character cool
Re: 40 Years And Not Married?! by ifyeky(m): 11:23am On Jan 11, 2013
[quote][/quote][email][/email][img][/img]
Re: 40 Years And Not Married?! by jobaskia(m): 11:35am On Jan 11, 2013
@math -diva. will she get pregnant thru the use of IVF and not a contact with any any man! just asking
Re: 40 Years And Not Married?! by Kirinwa: 10:09am On Mar 15, 2013
Re: 40 Years And Not Married?! by Nobody: 10:34am On Mar 15, 2013
Dis message is 4rm d pit of hell!! Folks, flee 4rm it pls cos is not 4rm a positive mind.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Guys Checkout This Photo. / She Took Away All My Self Confidence, I Am Devastated :/ / Obvious Signs Your Man Is In-love With You!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.