Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,641 members, 7,809,403 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:59 AM

20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget - TV/Movies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget (165399 Views)

9 Epic Nigerian Movies We Can't Forget In A Hurry. / Top 10 Nollywood Movies You Watched In 2014 / 20 Nollywood Stars That’ll Rock 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by ijebabe: 1:35pm On Jan 06, 2013
deviduff: Where is 'Rattlesnake' starring okey igwe,nkem owoh,francis duru...? C'mon,that movie should even enter top 10
Onome, mortal inheritance, true confessions, flesh and blood,...

I have edited my post. Yes, Rattlesnake should be on the list smiley
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by ijebabe: 1:40pm On Jan 06, 2013
rubi96: Love without language sandra achums nd tarila thompson wonder where that guy is now.
I read sometime ago he took a break from Nollywood and is now making documentaries. I don't know if he plans on returning.
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by ijebabe: 1:41pm On Jan 06, 2013
Chuksgeo: @ op I think 9, 11, 13, 14 and 19 shouldnt be in the list
What is your list? smiley
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by Parnassuss(m): 3:32am On Jan 10, 2013
Highway to Heaven...this is easily the scariest film ever made in Nigeria. Its only limitation is that it was made in Igbo.
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by Josydaky(f): 3:14pm On Jan 13, 2013
Add power of love, baracuda. Silent night, and one horror film where the school bus stop near a beach and spirit started hunting the people in the bus, i cant remember the name.

2 Likes

Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by deviduff(m): 3:20pm On Jan 13, 2013
Parnassuss: Highway to Heaven...this is easily the scariest film ever made in Nigeria. Its only limitation is that it was made in Igbo.

D one dat de died via accident and went 2 d house of a certain Pa guru? If it's that,den it was effing scary then.

2 Likes

Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by kokoA(m): 7:07pm On Jan 13, 2013
Josydaky: Add power of love, baracuda. Silent night, and one horror film where the school bus stop near a beach and spirit started hunting the people in the bus, i cant remember the name.
The movie you can't remember is called "Just a night".. ***singing*** the sun that rise in the morning is the sign and hope for a brighter day!........ In good times, in bad times, we praise the lord... grin I could sing that song then.. grin

1 Like

Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jan 15, 2013
Look at me smiling like an idiot while scrolling through this thread. This brings alot of memories. Those days when I used to watch Nigerian films. Glamour Girls really caught my attention, was never alloweds to see that movie cos I was a kid then.
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by Ishilove: 11:45pm On Jan 15, 2013
Yemi my Lover
Agbara nla
Owo Blow
Diamond Ring
Ti Oluwa Nile
Silent Night
Mortal Inheritance
Onome
Abinu Eleha
After School hours
Just a Night
Glamour Girls 1&2
Sunday Dagboru
Thunderbolt
Conspiracy

My all time favourite is Igodo (1999), starring
Chidi Mokeme, Nobert Young, Sam Dede, Bob Manuel Udoku and the rest. I wept like a baby when Izu didn't make it to the oracle (or wherever the heck the men were heading to.)

There is another movie that featured KOK. He was a cultist and his daughter found out. Can't remember the name. Love the movie
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by Ishilove: 11:49pm On Jan 15, 2013
redcliff:

FaWK ther shi.t Igodo i think was sam dede or so. Then Izaga was Liz benson. Men those two movies were Epic of all times
IGODO is the best epic movie that has ever come out of Nollywood.
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by Ishilove: 11:55pm On Jan 15, 2013
Goldenheart: uh i remember this "WITCHES"; eku ku le ku" "FINAL BURIAL N LAST BURIAL"
Hahahahahhahahaha!!

*Singing*

" eku le ku, le ku, le ku,

We need blood

Fresh sweet blood."

grin
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by ijebabe: 11:58pm On Jan 15, 2013
Well done o!
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by ijebabe: 11:59pm On Jan 15, 2013
Ishilove:
Hahahahahhahahaha!!

*Singing*

" eku le ku, le ku, le ku,

We need blood

Fresh sweet blood."

grin
That song scared the hell out of me. Always ran home at nights and stayed away from tress. Nollywood is wicked angry
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by Ishilove: 12:11am On Jan 16, 2013
jmaine: [size=11pt]
Abiku cheesy. . . . .

O...my...gosh!!! How could I have forgotten this film?? This film was in the early 90's. That very pretty half-caste girl played the role of the Abiku. The Abiku fell in love with her mother and refused to go back, which brought about severe oppression from her mates. Bimbo Manuel was the father who got killed by the vehicle. The abiku knew her dad was going to die, so she said in her American accent, "please dad, don't go to work today".

I remember the song the little emeres were singing.

"Abiku,abiku
Ogbanje ogbanje!"

Thanks jmaine, this took me down memory lane smiley

2 Likes

Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by Ishilove: 12:15am On Jan 16, 2013
ijebabe: Well done o!
Wetin I do na... undecided
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by naptu2: 3:16am On Jan 16, 2013
Ishilove:
O...my...gosh!!! How could I have forgotten this film?? This film was in the early 90's. That very pretty half-caste girl played the role of the Abiku. The Abiku fell in love with her mother and refused to go back, which brought about severe oppression from her mates. Bimbo Manuel was the father who got killed by the vehicle. The abiku knew her dad was going to die, so she said in her American accent, "please dad, don't go to work today".

I remember the song the little emeres were singing.

"Abiku,abiku
Ogbanje ogbanje!"

Thanks jmaine, this took me down memory lane smiley

It was actually done in the late '80s. It was NTA Channel 10s entry to NIFETEP (Nigerian Television Festival organised by the NTA). It won an award (I think that was the first time that channel ten won an award at NIFETEP).

It seems the best tele-movies of that era were horror movies. There was Jimi Odumosu's NATAS (for LTV cool that scared the living daylights out of me and there was LYNX, an NTA tele-movie that starred Gladys Dadzie as a woman who was killed by her husband (Mat Dadzie). Her ghost appeared to people in the form of a lynx cat.

Mat and Gladys Dadzie were my favourite tv couple at that time, until they divorced in real life.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by Ishilove: 1:39pm On Jan 16, 2013
naptu2:

It was actually done in the late '80s. It was NTA Channel 10s entry to NIFETEP (Nigerian Television Festival organised by the NTA). It won an award (I think that was the first time that channel ten won an award at NIFETEP).

It seems the best tele-movies of that era were horror movies. There was Jimi Odumosu's NATAS (for LTV cool that scared the living daylights out of me and there was LYNX, an NTA tele-movie that starred Gladys Dadzie as a woman who was killed by her husband (Mat Dadzie). Her ghost appeared to people in the form of a lynx cat.

Mat and Gladys Dadzie were my favourite tv couple at that time, until they divorced in real life.
Never heard of these productions. undecided
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by semid4lyfe(m): 3:29pm On Jan 16, 2013
NA wa o. . .and all of una dey claim 20, 21, 22 for una interviews undecided

Breeze don blow, fowl yansh don open

grin grin grin tongue
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by ijebabe: 3:52pm On Jan 16, 2013
Lol! Who are they, my gossip thread needs updating tongue
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by kokoA(m): 9:05pm On Jan 16, 2013
If you watched any of these movies as a kid they you can't be less than 25. grin
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by ijebabe: 10:51pm On Jan 16, 2013
So what's wrong with being 25 or over? Abeg I need names please grin
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by naptu2: 3:58am On Jan 17, 2013
Lynx was done in 1989.

I still can't get a pic of either Matt or Gladys Dadzie (Fortune's mom in Behind the Clouds).

I didn't even realise that Matt acted in Mr Johnson (the hollywood movie, starring Pierce Brosnan, that was set in Nigeria).

From IMDB

Matt Dadzie was born in Lagos Nigeria to George and Victoria Dadzie. He spent his early years in Lagos where did his primary and secondary education. He later got admission to University of Ibadan to study Theater arts. He worked with NTA Jos, is famous for writing and directing TV series in the early 80s and 90s in Nigeria: Cock Crow at Dawn (1985), Behind the Clouds(1989), Lynx (1989), Riddles and Hopes (1991), Supple blues 1990. He lived with his wife and children in Jos Nigeria until his death in 2005.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by Ishilove: 6:45am On Jan 17, 2013
naptu2: Cock Crow at Dawn (1985),
grin
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by Ishilove: 6:47am On Jan 17, 2013
semid4lyfe: NA wa o. . .and all of una dey claim 20, 21, 22 for una interviews undecided

Breeze don blow, fowl yansh don open

grin grin grin tongue
grin
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by dollydolly(f): 6:13pm On Jan 19, 2013
donigspain: *OGANIGWE
*BATTLE OF MUZANGA
Guy u nid an award 4 mentioning dis movie Battle of muzanga featuring Eucharia Anunobi n odas. Anoda movie like dat is Arusi iyi feat Kenneth Okonkwo,Pete Eneh n Patience Ozokwor. N also The Oracle feat Pete Edochie, Charles Okafor, Saint Obi n Ejike Asiegbu.
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by naptu2: 6:20pm On Jan 19, 2013
dolly dolly: Guy u nid an award 4 mentioning dis movie Battle of muzanga featuring Eucharia Anunobi n odas. Anoda movie like dat is Arusi iyi feat Kenneth Okonkwo,Pete Eneh n Patience Ozokwor. N also The Oracle feat Pete Edochie, Charles Okafor, Saint Obi n Ejike Asiegbu.

That's the only nollywood movie I know in which the actresses were half naked.
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by dollydolly(f): 6:24pm On Jan 19, 2013
akereconfi: IJELE,
SCOUT,
ORACLE,
DIAMOND RING,
LAST BURIAL,
ECHOES,
SECRET EVIL,
A CRY FOR HELP,
EXECUTIVE CRIME
WANTED ALIVE
STATE OF EMERGENCY
Boys Scout ws anoda movie dat made me stay glued 2 my seat. Scout wii! woo!
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by dollydolly(f): 7:00pm On Jan 19, 2013
kokoA: If you watched any of these movies as a kid they you can't be less than 25. grin
U are quite wrong. I watched dis movies as a kid bt am vry much less dan 25.
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by kokoA(m): 7:41pm On Jan 19, 2013
dolly dolly: U are quite wrong. I watched dis movies as a kid bt am vry much less dan 25.
you probably saw them later some years after there release.
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by Michael5922: 4:36am On Mar 08, 2013
These are my movies back then
1silent night :joke sylva ramsy Kate emeka segun Victoria
2nightmare: Sandra Pete dady shoky
3sympathy: Liz geneviev nkiru etc
4vuga.Regina gentle segun john okafor Mr ibu
5ekulu:charles awurum etc
6peacemaker:emeka nkiru fabian emeka rita
7formidable force:hands genevieve
8full moon:Regina
9glamour gals
9Satan goes to church
over my dead body
not with my daughter
iva
royal palace
diamond ring
the flute
12 apostles
festival of fire
hypocrites
karichika
sandra
witches
upkaka
snake kingdom
evil men
40 days and 40 nyts
sisters on the run
izaga
blood money
muzanga
casandra
valentino
omeneme
eyeme
chioma
red machet
odum
katanga
evil forest
test of manhood
igodo
last sacrifice
Christ in me
tears in heaven
power of love
real love
true love
when love dies
games women play
games men play
ebube
dracula
domitila
conspiracy
one family
love boat
king jaja of opobo
state of emergency
escape from Congo
deep blue sea
brave heart
bold heart
egg of life
believe
water boy
ejima the twins
onward December
and lots more i can still remember more

2 Likes

Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by Vansnickers: 7:13am On Mar 09, 2013
State of emergency! Saint Obi- Nigerian Jack Bauer.

1 Like

Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by ijebabe: 8:50am On Mar 09, 2013
Awwww, Nollywood has tried.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Best Seasonal Movies Ever Produced In America. What Do You Say? / One Piece (anime/manga) / Breaking News: See What ‘killed’ Ramsey Noah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.