Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:04 AM

How Many Christians Can Boldly Say This..? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Many Christians Can Boldly Say This..? (5888 Views)

Why Many Christians Will Miss The Rapture! / Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? / Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Christians Can Boldly Say This..? by redcliff: 10:47am On Dec 27, 2012
[size=14pt]I would not want to get to that point but after everything, its you and you alone that would answer for yourself on the last day.[/size]
Re: How Many Christians Can Boldly Say This..? by Olastep1(m): 10:48am On Dec 27, 2012
Brb

i love My JESUS
Re: How Many Christians Can Boldly Say This..? by searay(m): 10:48am On Dec 27, 2012
This question is acidic. Highly corossive. Let me think.....
Thinking... Loading...0.01%
Re: How Many Christians Can Boldly Say This..? by honeric01(m): 11:06am On Dec 27, 2012
When i get to the bridge, i will decide.
Re: How Many Christians Can Boldly Say This..? by Nobody: 11:10am On Dec 27, 2012
am writing a book with the title 'Nigerian mentality & Religion' LMFAO!!
Re: How Many Christians Can Boldly Say This..? by raynold17(m): 11:11am On Dec 27, 2012
funny how when Christianity is being insulted you'll never see one hidden post and every insult is being posted, but when it's Islam 20 in a page.. like all the moderators are Muslims... seun get your act right...
Re: How Many Christians Can Boldly Say This..? by Nobody: 11:26am On Dec 27, 2012
This Nigerian atheist are the most gullible being on earth, no prove for any of there statement,

All they blab is there is no GOD, there is no heaven, there is no this there is no that without proving otherwise.

At least Darwin tried to prove otherwise, but this Nigerian atheist are just so blank, they claim to believe in science more while non of them can carry out simple experiment to prove the age of a common stone using fossil records
Re: How Many Christians Can Boldly Say This..? by drnoel: 11:37am On Dec 27, 2012
Logicboy03: Take everything away from me but not Jesus?

You would sacrifice your family for belief in Jesus?

Wow.....a whole new level in s.tupidity.

I wouldnt want to be your family member when you are having faith issues
Jesus is lord but not of sacrifice. Am sure he won't want u doing such stupid thing, so stop playing the fool.
Re: How Many Christians Can Boldly Say This..? by PosCaricature: 11:40am On Dec 27, 2012
If what Jesus Christ said in Luke 14:26 is anything to go by then, it means all christians are still just romancing christianity as a religion.
Re: How Many Christians Can Boldly Say This..? by PosCaricature: 11:46am On Dec 27, 2012
Jesus Christ had already sacrifice himself for us on the cross of calvary. So, we have no further sacrifice to offer other than to worship the living God in truth & in spirit through him (Christ).
Re: How Many Christians Can Boldly Say This..? by advocate666: 11:49am On Dec 27, 2012
PosCaricature :
Jesus Christ had already sacrifice himself for us on the cross of calvary. So, we have no further sacrifice to offer other than to worship the living God in truth & in spirit through him (Christ).

Did you come up with this all by yourself or is someone else pulling your strings?
Re: How Many Christians Can Boldly Say This..? by Born2beRich1(m): 12:00pm On Dec 27, 2012
Delafruita: which god?the one that created hell for his creation?the one that sends his crazy children to murder entire towns and cities?i dont love him

Delafruita please calm down....i know something bad must have happened to you and maybe you are blaming God...just remember that He will continue to love you no matter what..just try and give Him a chance...there is always hope..

2 Likes

Re: How Many Christians Can Boldly Say This..? by Born2beRich1(m): 12:03pm On Dec 27, 2012
Delafruita:
have you ever seen an angel?according to your bible,the earth should be aabout 6000years old,thats frigging impossible considering as trhe earth is almost 5billion years old.the only thing your god created is enmity,discord and wars

You will be surprised but i have seen one...If you can believe in witches why dont you believe in the one who created everyone

1 Like

Re: How Many Christians Can Boldly Say This..? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Dec 27, 2012
I don't think I can. My faith is strong but not not strong enough
Re: How Many Christians Can Boldly Say This..? by Djtm(m): 12:29pm On Dec 27, 2012
Delafruita:
have you ever seen an angel?according to your bible,the earth should be aabout 6000years old,thats frigging impossible considering as trhe earth is almost 5billion years old.the only thing your god created is enmity,discord and wars
6k yrs since the creation of man and not the creation of the earth. The bible never said anything about the earth being created at the same time man was created.

1 Like

Re: How Many Christians Can Boldly Say This..? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Dec 27, 2012
Djtm:
6k yrs since the creation of man and not the creation of the earth. The bible never said anything about the earth being created at the same time man was created.
on point!
Re: How Many Christians Can Boldly Say This..? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Dec 27, 2012
Let me speak from a Christian perspective first from an ideological perspective and second from a "gun point" perspective.

I say Christian perspective because radical Christianity as posited by the poster does not teach the doing away of family members even if ideological differences exists particularly as it has to do with Christian morals. Family is Family and nothing can change that.

Let's take a case of abortion for instance which is a very sensitive issue today. A girl is essentially saying "give me Jesus and take my family away" if she refuses to give in to the pressure of having an abortion in obedience to the Christian categorical imperative of "Thou Shall not kill." despite her "radical" stands on the issue, she has not in the true sense of the word sacrificed her family for Jesus. She still loves them even in the presence of apparent hate on her part or that of her family. That she is willing to endure isolation doesnt mean she has cut ties with her family. Lets say God provides a way when there seems to be no way as I strongly believe He does and eventually she sailed through that crisis, she knows deep in her heart that family remains family. She forgives them of the wrong they did to her because of her decision to uphold her Christian morals (after she previously failed by getting pregnant outside wedlock in the first place).

Practical Christianity is not without a price! If a person who bears the name of Christian myself inclusive,cannot for a specific moment bear pain because of his or faith, that person is not a Christian. Some other religion's name will do. If Christians keep to their faith, the world will be a better place even the so called Utopian world will be a reality.

My submission: denial of loved ones is inevitable espeially ideologially. At gun point, save their lives. It doesn't mean God will condemn you for doing so. NO HE WON'T. Those who say he will has a distorted notion of Him.
Re: How Many Christians Can Boldly Say This..? by AVmonster: 1:00pm On Dec 27, 2012
Djtm:
*MASSIVE FACE PALM* When I see ignorance like this I weep... lipsrsealed embarassed There are entire cities discovered that date to 7000BC... Not to mention cave drawings done by cave men that lived as far back as 25000BC
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cave_painting
Re: How Many Christians Can Boldly Say This..? by claremont(m): 1:04pm On Dec 27, 2012
Any man who is willing to murder his own family because a voice told him to do it is no different from the terrorists who flew planes into the world trade centre.

1 Like

Re: How Many Christians Can Boldly Say This..? by ignis: 1:09pm On Dec 27, 2012
The world is empty, pale, and poor compared to having Jesus.
I can boldly say that.
Re: How Many Christians Can Boldly Say This..? by Troll: 1:18pm On Dec 27, 2012
Djtm:

True talk. The earth was before the creation of man and other earthly creation. Seems some of these self-proclaimed atheists don't do research before they spew rubbish in this thread.

If anyone don't believe in the living God since he's never seen Him, I guess they should never believe spiritual forces do exist whether good (Angelic) or evil (Demonic).
My theory is that if you don't believe in spirits or anything spiritual, I challenge you to come to my village and tell one of our native doctors to go to hell with his beliefs. I promise you this "He will show you the evil side of spirituality" I can't guarantee if you'll ever remain thesame though.

The fact is that not believing in anything does not stop the fact these spiritual forces exists. It's either you choose the Good one (God) or you choose the evil one (devil). Claiming atheism only represents that you are the indecisive one that would still be consumed by the deceits of the Devil.

@Topic, God will not lead His Children into a temptation that is greater than them. But remember we are all but visitors in this life. Nothing here should be compared to what awaits us in the after life. My God is my all in all. He's the reason for my existence and I'll continue to serve Him wherever, however.

2 Likes

Re: How Many Christians Can Boldly Say This..? by Sweetgurl2(f): 1:43pm On Dec 27, 2012
Please redefine "sacrifice". That word can not be used loosely nor carelessly.
Re: How Many Christians Can Boldly Say This..? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Dec 27, 2012
Great responses.... we are learning.
Re: How Many Christians Can Boldly Say This..? by Sweetgurl2(f): 1:58pm On Dec 27, 2012
Re: How Many Christians Can Boldly Say This..? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Dec 27, 2012
I can't sacrifice my wife and children for Jesus. Call me what you will, but I'm a realist.
Re: How Many Christians Can Boldly Say This..? by hahkma: 2:09pm On Dec 27, 2012
Logicboy03: Take everything away from me but not Jesus?

You would sacrifice your family for belief in Jesus?

Wow.....a whole new level in s.tupidity.

I wouldnt want to be your family member when you are having faith issues

please Mydear the things of God are spiritual and cannot be understood by a canal mind.
Re: How Many Christians Can Boldly Say This..? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Dec 27, 2012
hahk'ma:

please Mydear the things of God are spiritual and cannot be understood by a canal mind.

Yet, God in his infinite wisdom created carnal minds.

You people reduce your God to a confused being
Re: How Many Christians Can Boldly Say This..? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Dec 27, 2012
Sighs*

Some previous posters mistook the objective of this question

Sacrifice doesn't mean KILL.. The disciples sacrificed their family by leaving behind all they had to follow Jesus.. They didn't kill anyone..
Re: How Many Christians Can Boldly Say This..? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Dec 27, 2012
Sweet.gurl:
Please redefine "sacrifice". That word not be used loosely nor carelessly.
I've done that
Re: How Many Christians Can Boldly Say This..? by hahkma: 2:22pm On Dec 27, 2012
Logicboy03:

Yet, God in his infinite wisdom created carnal minds.

You people reduce your God to a confused being

God gave the power of volition. we are responsible for our actions. its either we embrace good or evil which we choose its our decision and we are responsible for it. God will not compel you and from my studies devil wi neither too. so, whatever we decide to do is all our decision.
God bless you.
Re: How Many Christians Can Boldly Say This..? by advocate666: 2:24pm On Dec 27, 2012
hahk'ma:

God gave the power of volition. we are responsible for our actions. its either we embrace good or evil which we choose its our decision and we are responsible for it. God will not compel you and from my studies devil wi neither too. so, whatever we decide to do is all our decision.
God bless you.

How silly statements like this make sense to christians beats me.
Re: How Many Christians Can Boldly Say This..? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Dec 27, 2012
hahk'ma:

God bless you.

Yes, we are responsible for our actions, so then, what is the use of God if has has no responsibility?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Muslims, Is This True? / Children's Day: Are Children Always Blessing From God? / Can This Be True (pic) Fish Rain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.