Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,194 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:23 AM

Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? (35471 Views)

40 Unwanted Mistakes Men Make While Having Fun With Women / Why Do Ladies Dump Guys Who Refuse To Have Sex With Them ? / I Have Been Dumped By 3 Girls Cos I Refuse To Have Sex With Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by OCTAVO: 7:14am On Dec 27, 2012
@ men, if you refuse to eat just because you are afraid of food poisoning, then you simply married the wrong wife!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by Uniquexty(f): 7:22am On Dec 27, 2012
okpara ugo: If you will agree with me, it's because the price of garry is going up.
poverty
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by whitefairy(f): 7:38am On Dec 27, 2012
Gabriel_sylar: because they are afraid of oshoronga
lmfao
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by Cornel88(m): 7:40am On Dec 27, 2012
A stubborn woman would feel less-concern about this. To me it is an opportunity for a woman to show love, respect or how romantic she is to the man. A calm woman would go to the husband and pamper him, while apologizing, give him a kiss that will make him forget about the quarrel, even offer to feed him like a baby, his love for you will increase drastically. While a stubborn woman would not mind. She would say words like, "wether you eat or not is not my concern, if hungry hold you for throat you go come chop, nonsense.", thereby kill her husband's love for her. Ladies... Be carefull. A peaceful home depence so much on you people. We may be te head of the family, but you are the neck. The head moves only if the neck wants it to.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by omatss: 7:48am On Dec 27, 2012
I personally do it to my wife most especially when I try to correct her with words and she is not taken the correction. I refuse her food knowing fully that its pain her when she took her time to cook. She will now think very well what exactly is the matter and appologised and we move on.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by stacomaster(m): 7:52am On Dec 27, 2012
Black_Oyinbo: The answer is simple. Its because men do not pretend when they are hurt. When a true man is angry with someone he cares about, he must show it. Unlike some women. A woman may eat and smile with u while plotting evil against U.

I believe not eating a woman's food is a mild way of showing his annoyance...abi would u prefer if he gave her some slaps.

Though I'm unmarried i knw Married men love pampering even more than women. Just pamper him a little and see miracles.
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by stantob(m): 7:54am On Dec 27, 2012
Black_Oyinbo: The answer is simple. Its because men do not pretend when they are hurt. When a true man is angry with someone he cares about, he must show it. Unlike some women. A woman may eat and smile with u while plotting evil against U.

I believe not eating a woman's food is a mild way of showing his annoyance...abi would u prefer if he gave her some slaps.

Though I'm unmarried i knw Married men love pampering even more than women. Just pamper him a little and see miracles.
You said it all. When a man refuses food, it's a sign of calling for reconciliation.It's just a hidden or open truth.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by lagcity(m): 8:01am On Dec 27, 2012
IZUKWU: My father is an expert on that,i use to be angry with him over that, i know it hurts my mother when he does that but he began to over do it now sometimes even refusing to eat the ones cooked by my sisters.

grin very funny. So wetin your sisters come do?
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by chessguru1(m): 8:40am On Dec 27, 2012
Where this thing makes sense d most is when the man is a bad a*ss cook

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by NRIPRIEST(m): 8:49am On Dec 27, 2012
OCTAVO: I see it as a silly attitude when men refuse to eat just because they have a little misunderstaning with their wives. They purnish their stomach because of unnecessary pride.
Some starve themselves even for days. I just laugh whenever this happens. Will I have to beg you to eat again? Lailai!
Men are just too egocentric and always expect to be treated like some lord!
As for me, it‘s when he refuses to eat that i even scatter the house more with nice aroma.
I torment his stomach more but pride won‘t let him request for food.
Men, what is it with this your delibrate starvation?
Even if you eat outside, you still have to come to momma someday.
*Winks*

So,you can't make up with your husband after a quarell and beg him to come eat...which kin wife you be?? Abeg loosen up,jare.
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by Nobody: 9:02am On Dec 27, 2012
The problem is that most women are 'deaf' when they have misunderstandings with their men. Never mind them talking rubbish (afterwards) about 'why not correct me instead', or why are you so 'immature'? Their definition of 'mature' is a man that tolerates and accepts their bullshye unconditionally. Sorry, I'd rather die 'immature'.

They don't take corrections simply because they don't 'hear' corrections. They prefer to wallow in their self-absorbed mental/emotional cocoon; all external voices that don't agree with them are ignored.

This IS the NUMBER 1 reason why some men resort to battering their wives. Their attempts at talking sense into her always fails, so out of frustration, they have to inflict physical 'sense' on their wives. Other men prefer less violent methods such as refusing to eat/touch/talk to their wives.

in my case, I tend to be an extremist of sorts when my efforts at maintaining sanity prove futile. If the woman is so unreasonable and stubborn to the extent that I decide not to eat her food, I might keep rejecting her food (and her body) for months, until she loses her voice while pleading. If she is the proud type that refuses to acknowledge her mistake and plead, then the marriage is effectively over cos' I shall NOT back down. Backing down means that you have conceded authority to her in that marriage and granted her licence - and so she will keep doing her bullshyte and expecting you to live with it until the end. God forbid.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by IYANGBALI: 9:03am On Dec 27, 2012
Table Leg :

What is Oshoronga
its ladies pants
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by otipoju(m): 9:10am On Dec 27, 2012
olumaxi: D federal ministry of health warns dat For a man to eat athome when avin som mis-understandins wit his wyf is d easiest way to heavenly places.
it is people like you that has made nairaland my favourite place to be. You go laugh tire. Heavenly places..via Otapiapia.
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by otipoju(m): 9:14am On Dec 27, 2012
pro01: The problem is that most women are 'deaf' when they have misunderstandings with their men. Never mind them talking rubbish (afterwards) about 'why not correct me instead', or why are you so 'immature'? Their definition of 'mature' is a man that tolerates and accepts their bullshye unconditionally. Sorry, I'd rather die 'immature'.

They don't take corrections simply because they don't 'hear' corrections. They prefer to wallow in their self-absorbed mental/emotional cocoon; all external voices that don't agree with them are ignored.

This IS the NUMBER 1 reason why some men resort to battering their wives. Their attempts at talking sense into her always fails, so out of frustration, they have to inflict physical 'sense' on their wives. Other men prefer less violent methods such as refusing to eat/touch/talk to their wives.

in my case, I tend to be an extremist of sorts when my efforts at maintaining sanity prove futile. If the woman is so unreasonable and stubborn to the extent that I decide not to eat her food, I might keep rejecting her food (and her body) for months, until she loses her voice while pleading. If she is the proud type that refuses to acknowledge her mistake and plead, then the marriage is effectively over cos' I shall NOT back down. Backing down means that you have conceded authority to her in that marriage and granted her licence - and so she will keep doing her bullshyte and expecting you to live with it until the end. God forbid.
You sure make a lot of sense.Had to exit a relatoinship cause I don't want to die young putting out fires every time. Its emotionally draining.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by imotondo(m): 9:16am On Dec 27, 2012
[quote author=olumaxi]D federal ministry of health warns dat For a man to eat athome when avin som mis-understandins wit his wyf is d easiest way to heavenly places.

Lol. i love nairaland! grin
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by Sabretooth1(m): 9:17am On Dec 27, 2012
Isnt it clear? Food isnt the way to a man's heart. If he doesnt eat your food, he would not die. A woman would hardly ever listen to reason when misunderstanding arises, refusing to eat her food is a mild way of saying you can do without her.
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 27, 2012
A man refusing to eat his wife's food is like a woman refusing to take "chop" money from her husband because they had a disagreement. It never gets to the man if his wife refuses taking money from him after a quarel, then why should a wife bother her head when her husband refuses to eat her food?

The moral of the lesson is: u only end up hurting ursef if u refuse eating (in the case of the man) or taking money (in the case of the woman). Time to grow up people!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by Sabretooth1(m): 9:28am On Dec 27, 2012
bettymafy: A man refusing to eat his wife's food is like a woman refusing to take "chop" money from her husband because they had a disagreement. It never gets to the man if his wife refuses taking money from him after a quarel, then why should a wife bother her head when her husband refuses to eat her food?

The moral of the lesson is: u only end up hurting ursef if u refuse eating (in the case of the man) or taking money (in the case of the woman). Time to grow up people!
Women and self deception. Admit it, it hurts the women, that's why they make a fuss about it. Why else did the op mention it?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by tolukatey(f): 9:33am On Dec 27, 2012
Ebi ni o pa oooooooo

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by tintingz(m): 9:36am On Dec 27, 2012
If the wife didnt make the first move by apologising the hubby then she should be expecting a second wife grin

Cuz you have make the man eat another woman's food out side...dont think you are starving the man grin
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by skulanja: 9:44am On Dec 27, 2012
You lack ''HUMILITY'' in you. if you have a quarrel with your husband , you should be an ''AGENT'' of peace by settling whatever misunderstanding you have with your husband. Do not allow him to go to bed being ''ANGRY''. One problem with some of you ladies is ''PRIDE''. Why will i beg him, even when he was the one that offended me. My sisters , it doesn't matter who offended who first, what matters is that you guys live in peace and harmony , and for that to be possible one person will have to always play the role of ''GOOD SAMARITAN''.If you say , it doesn't matter to you , if he eats outside; Bet me one day it will. One secret i have to reveal to you ladies about ''MEN'' is that, you girls are emotionally stronger than us and secondly Men always going to the place / person that they find love and avoid that place/person that troubles them. So if your husband spends more time outside than he spends with you, then know that their is terrible fire on the mountain. likewise those that are into relationship. if you do not give love to you partner, he/she will start avoiding you. i have fired...

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by nacotic(m): 9:44am On Dec 27, 2012
larrymoore: Men are fake, next time, they should nt only abandon d food bt also go on sex strike.
Well I dnt tink a man dat refuses ur food wld stoop so low n ask 4 sex, I mean it doesn't mk sense, wen I'm on strike m on strike everytn shuts DOWN, I dnt even wana sit on d couch she sat on! lol

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by savanto: 10:22am On Dec 27, 2012
Redmosquito: If it is me, I will sniff the food, shake my head and push the plate aside. angry

That is why you will remain a RED MOSQUITO undecided undecided undecided
No need to sniff. Just don't notice the food.
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by savanto: 10:34am On Dec 27, 2012
babyosisi:

I wonder?i don't fall for that type of intimidation lai lai
Thank God for a battalion of kids
I won't even know who ate and who didn't eat

This shows that you have lost your first love a long time ago in your marriage. What is still holding the centre is RESPONSIBILITIES which you both now share as parents. Too bad.
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by savanto: 10:42am On Dec 27, 2012
veracool247: Such men that refuse to eat are childish. Eating together can bring about unity. Not eating increases chances of separation.

So what if "Not eating increases chances of separation" ? If a woman wants the marriage to still hold, it will. If she wants it to scatter, it doesn't take her anything to pull down the house she had struggled to build over time.
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by Wahala90: 11:06am On Dec 27, 2012
A man you claim to love refuses to eat your food because he is hurt and all you could do is to hurt him more by tormenting him with the aroma of more delicious meals. This is why marital violence will always exist. When attempts through non-violent ways never succeed, battering is inevitable. Thank God we still have some sensible women around in spite of this "modernism" madness so there will always be peaceful marriages.
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by bibigirl07: 11:07am On Dec 27, 2012
And if the wife is not the cooking type? He will deny her of se.x, abi? With al dis boys lurking around to savour married women? Smh.
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by Les: 11:16am On Dec 27, 2012
bettymafy: A man refusing to eat his wife's food is like a woman refusing to take "chop" money from her husband because they had a disagreement. It never gets to the man if his wife refuses taking money from him after a quarel, then why should a wife bother her head when her husband refuses to eat her food?

wrong, dat's not d moral. Read d men's comments here and dat would generally deduce d moral, owk??

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by plendil: 11:36am On Dec 27, 2012

LOL @ bolded. The wife refusing to collect chop money because of disagreement will upset the man?? over himself with elation you mean! The man probably looking for ways to dodge that responsibility and the wife has given the perfect opportunity.
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by whiteeyes: 11:38am On Dec 27, 2012
why wouldn't they? If only d men could think of d sacrifice, energy n time a woman devotes in d kitchen to ensure a good meal for him!but no!he'll rather put up such childish act! Can't u men lovingly talk to ur women? U choose to humilliate n frustrate her efforts¿ [color=#990000][/color]RUBBISH, I don't giva damn!
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by drnoel: 11:57am On Dec 27, 2012
Flyboy Zee: Me, I do it a lot & I've been doing it a long time.

1. Refuses my mom's food for days. Lived off the Mango, cashew, guava, orange & pawpaw trees in our backyard. It worked magic. After the fourth day she called me, we discussed & resolved the issue. My mom no dey send person o, but this time, she really felt it. Each them I'm really upset with her I did it & she never take it for granted. Just with me o & not with the other sibblings.

2. I did it with my guardian's wife back then when she insulted me over food related issues & after about 3 days, she came begging and apologising with the husband and never ever insulted me again until I left their house.

3. Now that I'm married, I've done it like a couple of times. My wife will initially form "NO SENDING", but as soon as she realizes that I'm willing to go on for ever like that, she gets of her high horse & begin to look for a common grounds for us to settle. Mind you, I was properly brought up by my mom, so I cook very well and am also well grounded on the execution of household chores.

For me, its actually like an #occuppy... kinda thing. I'll protest by refusing food until you come to terms that there is a very serious problem to be sorted first. I've also realised that each time I solve problems like this, they never ever repeat themselves again.
Spoken like a true man, brother. We protest silent,..."occupy our spouses" grin
Re: Why Do Men Refuse To Eat During Misunderstanding With Women? by drnoel: 11:58am On Dec 27, 2012
timisnup: A true gentlemen will make the first move and tell you how he feels about what the lady did without hesitating. Instead of rejecting food. Grow up guys.....
Na wah 2 u.. angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Na Dem Dey Rush Us: Girls Rushing Wizkid On Stage / A Nairalander Marries His Girlfriend Of 8 Years In Kwara / Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.