Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,379 members, 7,822,787 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

Meet A Dentist - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Meet A Dentist (71661 Views)

How To Whiten Teeth Without Seeing A Dentist. / A Dentist Help Needed!! / Visiting A Dentist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet A Dentist by esperiense(m): 3:40pm On Jan 09, 2013
Darey_00: Pls whch toothpaste do you recommend for bad breath?
toothpaste don't cure bad breadth, u likely need scaling and polishing
Re: Meet A Dentist by Yeske: 5:24pm On Jan 09, 2013
Please, what can I use to whiten my teeth? My teeth are not white enough.
Re: Meet A Dentist by euwajeh(m): 5:40pm On Jan 09, 2013
Please help . I always have gum pain almost every 3 months. What could cause it?
Re: Meet A Dentist by dangerzone: 5:44pm On Jan 09, 2013
Is teeth withening a good idea?
Re: Meet A Dentist by Ceekay(m): 5:46pm On Jan 09, 2013
Pls how do i remove tartar on my teeth
I mean as a result of extended neglect it has formed all over my inner upper and lower teeth
And i am talking from the perspective of someone living in naija
do i meet a dentist (i have never met one before)
how much does it cost to remove tartar
I have gum bleeds every single day for the past two years i just try to brush softly
Pls help

1 Like

Re: Meet A Dentist by AroOkigbo(m): 5:56pm On Jan 09, 2013
esperiense: tooth replacement options include from best to least
1)Implant - N200,000 and above
2)Bridge - N 40,000 and above
3)Denture- N5,000 and above
This is an estimate, the exact price varies from govt to private clinics. And additional tooth requires extra payment
I'm interested in replacing a lost tooth. What do these (implant, bridge, denture) imply and what are the pros and cons?
Re: Meet A Dentist by Tonniey(m): 5:57pm On Jan 09, 2013
Wen i was born, my dad told me dat my teeth was white, bt wen i was growing up, it turned brown nd upon asking my parents, dey said its as a result of tretracyclin i was been given 2 stop me from running stomach, pls, wot can i do 2 make it whlte again?
Re: Meet A Dentist by Hotdiamond(m): 6:01pm On Jan 09, 2013
to avoid complications in the health of your tooth. It is advisable to visit your dentist at least every three months for check up. in naija most people visit the dentist only When they have problem with their tooth. Sad But true
Re: Meet A Dentist by Deedee49(f): 6:03pm On Jan 09, 2013
Hi. The last of my tooth is about to shoot out, and its so painful. Hinders my chewing. What can i use to relieve myself?
Re: Meet A Dentist by Ignatio(m): 6:03pm On Jan 09, 2013
Best Thread so far in NL.

I've heard about washing of teeth, pls can you elaborate on it and how much it costs.

1 Like

Re: Meet A Dentist by occam(m): 6:04pm On Jan 09, 2013
esperiense: Refilling is always better all times except in cases where its not possible to be done, this will be known by yo dentist.

Also root canal treatment. People really dread this operation but it ensures you keep your teeth instead of removal.
Re: Meet A Dentist by Redmosquito(m): 6:09pm On Jan 09, 2013
Oga dokitor, thank Sango say I jam u today.
I am moving to dentistry from general medicine. Thinking of specializing in O and M surgery.
Dedication and book na small thing to me.
I just want to know, do I have a future in naija or do I have to go abroad.
Naija doctors, my own lecturers, always dey complain about naija.
I have a cousin dentist in training abroad, UK, just dentist not surgeon, he's still in medical school like me and he says there's greener pastures there and I no wan chop dry grass and bitter leaf for naija.
I wan chop big succulent and juicy elephant grass.
So please tell me about my future in dentistry. Love
Re: Meet A Dentist by Redmosquito(m): 6:10pm On Jan 09, 2013
Double post!
Best frontpage thread btw!
Mods please keep this on the fp.
Peace
Re: Meet A Dentist by domack99(m): 6:16pm On Jan 09, 2013
esperiense: No matter how much antiseptic u use, your mouth become colonised with bacteria again immediately after few mins, its fluoride that offers the neccessary resistance a tooth need against dis bacteria. Since u can't acheive a bacteria free mouth, we need a strong healthy teeth with fluoride to combat d relativelY constant bacterial environment in mouth. Antiseptic pastes r only reccomended as addition in some conditions not as substitutes

I have issue with this, i once have bleeding gum, apart from visiting the dentist every two months, i also brush my teeth atleast three times a day with close-up, sensodyne just name it. After several research on the internet i started using Forever gel tooth paste and OraMD. Those two contains no flouride content. I also found out that some countries, have actually stop the addition of flouride to tooth paste and also water supply.
Re: Meet A Dentist by yomide: 6:22pm On Jan 09, 2013
Pls what do u do to a tooth that's becoming horizontal thanks. I mean especially the front tooth that's always shooting out.
Re: Meet A Dentist by extension: 6:23pm On Jan 09, 2013
Pls I need to come and see you on friday at police hospital ikoyi.Pls send details to zinabinter@yahoo.com
Re: Meet A Dentist by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jan 09, 2013
Please how do ℓ̊ make my teeth white again,ℓ̊ reside in Ibadan.
Re: Meet A Dentist by 299: 6:39pm On Jan 09, 2013
Dr.., i've had many dental problems over the past few years ,and last year, i was told by a doctor that i've got sinusitis. Please is it possible for the sinuses to have been blocked as a result of the many dental problems i've had
Re: Meet A Dentist by crabsoyst: 6:42pm On Jan 09, 2013
Pls doc...can you advise ow people with colored teeth can get it whitened, especially those related to using tetracycline during pregnancy by the mother, den resulting in the child having colored teeth. advise pls, thanks.
Re: Meet A Dentist by soniainchristy(f): 6:43pm On Jan 09, 2013
pls dentist,i want to know d difference btw bleaching of teeth and teeth polishing and what is their cost cos i have a brown teeth which i want to be white.i dont know if u work on saturday.thanks.
Re: Meet A Dentist by Touchforfree(m): 6:52pm On Jan 09, 2013
My teeth are coloured at the base and one or two flipped partly over the other one. Is it the corection for this that you called polishing and setting ?. Polishing and Setting is #10,000 che ?.
Re: Meet A Dentist by MevsU(m): 6:56pm On Jan 09, 2013
Pls doc one of my front teeth is not properly aligned wat can be done about it and how much does it cost
Re: Meet A Dentist by freecocoa(f): 6:58pm On Jan 09, 2013
OP my teeth is 29 in number, is it a must that it reaches 32?

I experienced so much pains sometime last year when I was growing what the dentist called "a wisdom tooth".

I don't ever want to feel such pains again, that's why am asking.
Re: Meet A Dentist by emekatimsu(m): 7:16pm On Jan 09, 2013
I really love this topic.
Doc,i have remove 3teeths within 3years while another teeth is seriously giving me sleepless night.
I removed the 1st two in a State government dental clinic and the dentist did nt even suggest filling up the teeth,she rather went ahead and removed it.
Pls i need serious advise so that all my teeths won'nt be removed b4 i reach 30years.

N/B...I make sure i rinse my mouth properly after each meal and i keep away from sugary substance.
Re: Meet A Dentist by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jan 09, 2013
@OP I want to bleach my teeth pls can yu giv ṁ̭̥̈̅̄e any home made recipe 4dat? Tanks

1 Like

Re: Meet A Dentist by fowowe411: 7:25pm On Jan 09, 2013
Pls elp me my gum is soft that a slight mishap usualy leads to bleedin and am nt usin a hard tooth-brush
Re: Meet A Dentist by benz33(m): 7:28pm On Jan 09, 2013
at esperience. I love the way u give answers to all the questions asked. The good Lord will continue to strengthen u and increase ur knowledge on this profession of yours. Please kindly call me i have a Project i think we can both work on together on the Mainland about Tooth Problems. 08051744119,017484424. Thanks
Re: Meet A Dentist by zoomzu(f): 7:31pm On Jan 09, 2013
Please what could be the cause and remedy to my 1yr4months old daughter's bad breath?
Re: Meet A Dentist by frankobaba(m): 7:39pm On Jan 09, 2013
irpheezy: @OP I want to bleach my teeth pls can yu giv ṁ̭̥̈̅̄e any home made recipe 4dat? Tanks

here is my little recpie dear..= my homemade teeth whitening recipe is to prepare a mixture of ½ tsp of baking soda and 1-2 drops of hydrogen peroxide. Apply this mixture on your teeth just twice a week. It will bleach the teeth. You may feel some irritation on your gums but it won’t harm your teeth and gum.

Source= http://www.pinkvilla.com/beauty/skin-care/homemade-white-teeth-recipes
Re: Meet A Dentist by lepasharon(f): 7:42pm On Jan 09, 2013
how do i go about getting a gold tooth?
Re: Meet A Dentist by tellwsdom: 7:54pm On Jan 09, 2013
esperiense: more effective in treating what?
euthymol is very ok and has strong mint like it was mixed with tcp
Re: Meet A Dentist by rofemiguwa(f): 7:55pm On Jan 09, 2013
Me my own tooth wahala plenty,ikoyi is far pls hw do I get a closer dental clinic in mainland ikeja precisely,I have holes inbetween my teeth,food always get stuck dere wenever I eat.pls I have calculus too cry.at d last tooth.
N.B I haf already had two extractions

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) / 74 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Kano Confirmed By Governor Ganduje / Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.