Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,424 members, 7,812,248 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:39 AM

Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial (23791 Views)

Oshiomhole, PDP Trade Words Over Alleged APC 140,000 Voided Votes ( Vanguard ) / Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families / Azazi, Yakowa Die In Helicopter Crash? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by bukalino(m): 8:28am On Dec 31, 2012
Ogbebor, who is also a member of the state’s post-flood management committee headed by Azazi, noted that if the military is unable to protect its own, it will be difficult to believe that it can protect citizens.

He lamented that, before now there was dedication and professionalism in service. “But now, compromise and money have taken over,” he stated
[color=#006600][/color]

My thought!!!
Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by COOLDUN: 8:47am On Dec 31, 2012
tayuu: I love dis man of GOD for d truth,but GEj will always find sometin 2 say wc is offpoint,I don't realy blame him anyway,was it not dis GEj dat axed azazi for saying d truth abt BK!is now comin 2 say if only 50 percent of ninja can be like him,on wht ground pls...

My dear that is an African people for you, we only praise people when they are dead. Gen Andrew Owoye Azazi was sacked for saying the truth, he was nailed as a saboteur and an anti government officer, bundled out of office and sent home to a village without a good road link to the town, he crashed while going to the funeral of the dead politicians father. Today he is one of the best Nigerians. GEJ is a comedian; I thank God that he is boasting of a free and fair election as one of his administration’s achievements , I will freely and actively campaign for his failure in the next election as I campaigned for his election 2011, if he will shamelessly come out again in 2015. A man who promised to fight corruption during his campaign is today indirectly telling us that corruption does not exist, but our conducts. How will A.O.Azazi hear this praise from the GEJ? Other countries honor their gallant officers and men alive, but ours is at their funeral orations. GEJ, I have heard you point and clear, but first of all change your attitude of lies and corruption first as the first and number 1 citizen of Nigeria so that others can follow suits .

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by COOLDUN: 8:53am On Dec 31, 2012
awodman: [img][/img]

Out of point and baseless, go straight to the news and not this trash comment
Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by johnsonadex: 9:09am On Dec 31, 2012
jaymdee:
You have said it all. Other mushroom churches are so scared of they existence that speaking up could mean their outright termination. Even the threat that the guest offering and donation would be cut after such truthful sermon would make them hush...hush puppies with mics...
Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by Nobody: 9:13am On Dec 31, 2012
hisson3: On his part, Governor Dickson expressed dismay over Archbishop Ogbebor’s remark, pointing out that he did not complain about developmental backwardness in Bayelsa in the five years that preceded his administration. Even dickson knows that his benefactor jonathan was a joke wen he was governor of bayelsa,smh.
very intelligient deduction. dickson was literally indicting Jonathan.
Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by Renew2: 9:49am On Dec 31, 2012
berem: Why im no go complain? If the road from bayelsa to portharcourt was not deplorable,would Azazi and others who died in the crash bother to use a military helicopter?
wat has religio go 2 do with this...Mr know it all
Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by 1025: 10:17am On Dec 31, 2012
this is what christianity is all about - telling ppl the truth face to face. men of God are not suppose to speak like orators - entertainers who tell ppl what they want to hear rather they are suppose to speak like oracles - saying the bitter/undiluted truths, telling ppl what they ought to hear. i thank God for this natural solutions coming into nigeria now. politicians fly planes and crash, loose ur brains or die, drive cars and crash, loose ur senses or die. water have no enemies apart from these politicians so they dare not try. as long as we have such men of God who know the truth and are ready to say them, my hopes are high and i feel great reading this article this morning and God will guide and protect this man and his ministry.
Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by Truckpusher(m): 10:17am On Dec 31, 2012
THAT MUMU ABOVE YOU IS A STAMPED ILLITERATE DON'T EVEN BOTHER TO JOIN ISSUES WITH HER SHE'S A PERFECT DEFINITION OF THE WORD 'BIT/CH' UNFORTUNATELY SHE HAS HER KIND ALL OVER THE PLACE AND THEY ARE WELL REPRESENTED IN BOTH GENDER....JUST WATCH HER AND HER KINDS REPLY ME NOW THEN YOU'LL UNDERSTAND.
alj harem:

So when the Sardauna and co complained what did he and his likes say ? They hurled insults on both the man and the muslim society as a whole. The double standards here and in Nigeria is too much.

Can Buhari complain with the mumu above me not call him boko haram ?
Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by zoedicus: 10:41am On Dec 31, 2012
berem: Why im no go complain? If the road from bayelsa to portharcourt was not deplorable,would Azazi and others who died in the crash bother to use a military helicopter?
silence is the best answer for a foOl. U shouldn't have replied that bigot.
Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by JoeMosco(m): 11:05am On Dec 31, 2012
DrugDoc: How many corrupt catholics or anglicans have been kicked out of the church for looting or maiming Africans? Is Maurice Iwu not a staunch catholic? Why do our people troop to these churches when they can't contribute to solving our fundamental problems? Let's keep blaming GEJ, he will perform brain surgery on each and every 150 million Nigerians to get them to think.
Nobody has the right to pursue anyone from the Church.
Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by naptu2: 11:13am On Dec 31, 2012
I'm sure he has been waiting a long time to deliver that speech.

I had the opportunity to hear the archbishop speak two years ago (he and his assistant) and we were all left in tears. I don't cry easily, but I must tell you, I was very close.

He described the poverty of his people. Imagine a mother bringing her child to you so that you'll bless him before he dies. That's something he experiences on a daily basis. Water everywhere, but none to drink. Pollution, poverty. He told us the exact amount that the church receives in offering (my memory is poor, so I can't remember now, but it was pitiful) and asked, "how many people can I help with that?"

He said, even though we might render financial assistance, but what's more important is pressure. "Many of you sitting here are in government or have relations in government. Talk to them. Let them heed the cry of the people. People are suffering in the Niger Delta. There is extreme poverty there."

I'll never forget that day.
Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by iykemyke: 11:24am On Dec 31, 2012
[quote author=DrugDoc]How many corrupt catholics or anglicans have been kicked out of the church for looting or maiming Africans? Is Maurice Iwu not a staunch catholic? Why do our people troop to these churches when they can't contribute to solving our fundamental problems? Let's keep blaming GEJ, he will perform brain surgery on each and every 150 million Nigerians to get them to think.[/quote

my friend no bishop or even the pope have the right to stop anyone from entering the church be u mad man. The church (cathollic church) belongs to God and not man or family.
Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by neneo(m): 11:37am On Dec 31, 2012
i love this man of God...at least he said his mind on the state of the nation...even though he might never own a private jet 4 his outburst!....God will reward him...only if our men of God who has access to the presidency can say 1/4 of this!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by ndidianthony247(m): 12:35pm On Dec 31, 2012
How can half of the populace b like azazi? Even GOD will nt do dat if we ask him.dis world is coming to an end,chaos everywere.note dat our leaders are tools in d hands of the devil,some ppl are possesd wit demons and dey don't knw.let's work towards makin heaven
Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by kelly72: 1:06pm On Dec 31, 2012
I will be surprised to find a Catholic priest who buckles and sings the praises of politicians in their presence. The Catholic Church is older and stronger than any president. Their priests and Bishops are not longing for political favours, large membership, recognition or even gifts of private jets or anything. I like the fire-brand, prosperity pastors though, but I prefer old generation priests and Bishops because they do not fear anyone, neither do they chase after material wealth the way we witness MOG's do it today. They are also able to separate the Gospel from motivational speaking. Indeed, if I were not a Catholic, I will certainly be a Methodist, Anglican or Apostolc.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by ypzilanti: 1:22pm On Dec 31, 2012
naptu2: I'm sure he has been waiting a long time to deliver that speech.

I had the opportunity to hear the archbishop speak two years ago (he and his assistant) and we were all left in tears. I don't cry easily, but I must tell you, I was very close.

He described the poverty of his people. Imagine a mother bringing her child to you so that you'll bless him before he dies. That's something he experiences on a daily basis. Water everywhere, but none to drink. Pollution, poverty. He told us the exact amount that the church receives in offering (my memory is poor, so I can't remember now, but it was pitiful) and asked, "how many people can I help with that?"

He said, even though we might render financial assistance, but what's more important is pressure. "Many of you sitting here are in government or have relations in government. Talk to them. Let them heed the cry of the people. People are suffering in the Niger Delta. There is extreme poverty there."

I'll never forget that day.

The irony is that if the preachers pressure the polticians to riase the living standards of the people, The pastors can solely concern themselves with preaching about repentance and eternity.

The real pastors, that is.
Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by ypzilanti: 1:29pm On Dec 31, 2012
When GEJ was campaigning for president, he should have informed Nigerians that we were the problem with Nigeria.

Imagine the insult.

No elected leader in USA or EU will look the people who voted for him in the face and tell them that they are the problem of the country.

Who exactly is he talking about? The majority of the citizens who are going about their everyday activities trying to make a living against all odds?

Are we the ones supposed to fix the roads and provide power?...that is what governance in Nigeria is reduced to: fix road and bring power. Even the road in his backyard, he cannot fix.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by Nobody: 5:29pm On Dec 31, 2012
Tears in my eyes...

May his soul RIP. Amen
Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by lastpage: 5:12pm On Jan 01, 2013
ypzilanti: When GEJ was campaigning for president, he should have informed Nigerians that we were the problem with Nigeria.

Imagine the insult.

No elected leader in USA or EU will look the people who voted for him in the face and tell them that they are the problem of the country.

Who exactly is he talking about? The majority of the citizens who are going about their everyday activities trying to make a living against all odds?

Are we the ones supposed to fix the roads and provide power?...that is what governance in Nigeria is reduced to: fix road and bring power. Even the road in his backyard, he cannot fix.

Thank you Brother.

When people insult this President and call him "Unprintable Names", one will tend to pity his "office of President" but just imagine how the clown is opening his mouth any-how?

Can Obama call Americans (even Republicans only), the problem of his country?
What "sane President" utters that kind of gibberish?
What manner of "Ogogoro" is he drinking?

I know his kinsmen will not see the stewpidity in his statement but would rush out to "defend him at all cost" .....

.....but hey, they are the same people whose families die on such bad roads, from lack of portable drinking water, ill-equipped Hospitals in that same Bayelsa (just to limit it).

In essence, we "the followers" MUST decide whether we want these incompetent fools to continue to take us for a ride or WE PUT A STOP TO THIS DESTRUCTION OF OUR COUNTRY!

I know those that "benefit from this rotten system" will try to keep this status-quo.... but they are just a very small minority.

Our personal Selfishness is what is allowing these clueless-cow-dungs called "Leaders" to take us for a ride.
Its another years now and "siddon look" will continue as usual!

WHEN WILL THIS DOWN-SPIRAL STOP? WHEN WILL WE PUT A STOP TO IT?
NOBODY will do it for us, NOT EVEN GOD, because HEAVEN HELPS ONLY THOSE WHO HELP THEMSELVES! (Says the Bible!)

Please note that and dont be deceived by what your Pimping-Pastor tells you.

I rest my vex! angry angry

Lastpage!
Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by nagoma(m): 9:12pm On Jan 01, 2013
ypzilanti:

The irony is that if the preachers pressure the polticians to riase the living standards of the people, The pastors can solely concern themselves with preaching about repentance and eternity.

The real pastors, that is.

That is the real work for the men of God. To point out the truth and to help in raising the standards of humanity.not to promise them wealth and miracles in exchange for tithe.
Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by chinakobo(m): 6:21am On Jan 02, 2013
What we need right now in Nigeria is a reformer not just a leader. Mr president is just running government exactly the same way other leaders ran it and we all expect something different. In my own understanding, a reformer has a radical character and Mr president doesn't fit into this in anyway. I am not a fan of Buhari, I wouldn't want someone who has a lot of sentiment on religion or ethnicity to be president. But Mr Buhari is the only contestant that fits into this picture.
The major reform we need is in the money spent to run the government. We really need to prune it down. Compared to highly developed countries we spend outrageous amount on running the government. I believe if a reformer who is sincere, comes in as president in 2015 and leads a very serious reform like the chinese did some 60 something years ago, Nigeria can achieve vision 2020. and for those asking for something different from this administration, u need to wait for the reformer if we can ever elect one.
Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by jpphilips(m): 11:47am On Jan 02, 2013
Osiris.211:
God Bless this clergy man for looking at these looters and putting straight his words to them. Every day people die on east-west road, yet we have squirrels populating this site with lies on how comparable the road is with that of Manhattan.

i will never quit churches with Archbishops and clergy men,
you see the diff. RCCG saw jonathan as chairman for cake cutting services while the Arch bishop saw him as a servant who is supposed to fix the east west road.

how come RCCG refused to remind him of corruption? has the MOG been compromised?

all hail the arch. bishop
Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by lastpage: 8:07am On Jan 06, 2013
jp philips:

i will never quit churches with Archbishops and clergy men,
you see the diff. RCCG saw jonathan as chairman for cake cutting services while the Arch bishop saw him as a servant who is supposed to fix the east west road.

how come RCCG refused to remind him of corruption? has the MOG been compromised?

all hail the arch. bishop
While l like and respect G.O. Adeboye, his "coziness" with very corrupt elements in Nigerian Government is a cause for worry!

I remember it was this same G.O. who made OBJ to be "Chief Thief Speaker" during one of the End of year "Holy" Ghost Festivals! ...... while the man was looting the nation blind!

It was this same G.O. who laid hands on Jonathan ..... and see what the President has become!

He appears to be like the "Proverbial Sheep that walks with Dogs" ...... It just a matter of time before that Sheep starts eating Shyte!

A Spiritual Leader owes both God and Man, A DUTY to speak truth to those in Authority!

Prophet Naman (spoke truth to David) was an example.
Cant remember that Other "Prophet" who conveyed TRUTH to Nebuchadnezzar.

The only things our own "prophets and MOG" preach is Money, Money... and Aeroplanes!

They better repent and behave..... or else wink
Wolves in Sheep-clothing!

Lastpage!
Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by tomande: 9:48am On Sep 15, 2013
Is the president trying to say he is already among the 50 good percent he is asking Nigerians to change attitudely? What a hypocrisy. Kudo Bishop....the truth is always bitter

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Saraki Repeated Atiku’s Mistake, Regrets Not Impeaching Buhari – Reno Omokri / Buratai Orders Immediate Crackdown On IPOB Over Elections Disruption Threat / How Kabiru Sokoto Plotted To Kidnap Shettima’s Children At Borno Lodge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.