Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,398 members, 7,812,171 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial (23790 Views)

Oshiomhole, PDP Trade Words Over Alleged APC 140,000 Voided Votes ( Vanguard ) / Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families / Azazi, Yakowa Die In Helicopter Crash? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by Nobody: 9:47pm On Dec 30, 2012
It is intellectual laziness to heap the blame of all of Nigeria's problem on corruption. Even if we manage to eradicate corruption today, 80% of Nigeria's problem will still remain. Nigerian's problem include dysfunctional federal structure, dis-unity, bad attitudes(including corruption and other criminalities), lack of capacity, incompetence everywhere you turn, quota system,ethnic and religious bigotry,etc
For instance, the federal system we run means that Abuja tries to feed and provide for all of the 160million Nigerians. Under such arrangement, even without corruption, Abuja cannot and can NEVER provide for 160million people. This is unlike some other countries that are structured in such away that all of the people contribute their quota, such that when it is gathered at the centre, there's so much funds for national development. The works ministry for instance requires about N500billion annually to fix the federal roads. Unfortunately due to paucity of funds, the ministry can only get about N90billion annually. Therefore no amount of magic can make N90billion do the work of N500billion, even if a prophet is brought to manage the funds. Also the east-west roads requires total of N360 to complete it in 4yrs but the ministry that supervises the road gets about N60 to N70billion annually. To further buttress my point, the CPC is currently the govt in charge of Nasarawa state. But what has the party achieved in almost 2yrs? Almost nothing. Is it because of corruption? I think it is most likely due to insufficient funds. I once heard the governor lament that after payment of salaries from the regular feederal monthly allocation, only about N300million will be remaining. ACN has been in power in lagos for about 13yrs but today about 50% of state and LGA roads in Lagos are dilapidated. The metro rail line, started by Jakande in the 80's, is still uncompleted. While corruption may have contributed to the state of Lagos, it will be unfair to blame it all on corruption.
In conclusion, it is easy and now envogue to blame every problem in Nigeria on corruption, but I dare to say that while corruption is part of the problem, there are far deeper issues that we have to tackle as a nation if we want to make progress

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by vanbonattel: 9:51pm On Dec 30, 2012
nagoma:

Only the Catholics can do this for the country. The Pentacostal Pastors are Queueing up for their jets.

The catholics can do this ........ and other despicable acts too.
Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by bunmayo123: 10:27pm On Dec 30, 2012
PointB: I wonder why FG dillu-dally on such critical infrastructure such as East-West Road, and of course the Second Niger bridge, especially in view of the fact that critical support base use this road.
i thought the 40 man laptops rate this govt the best?lmaoooooo!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by Chudiking(m): 10:29pm On Dec 30, 2012
alj harem:

it shows you are not a Muslim or have never been to any Islamic gathering. Moreover is it sensible to be complaining at someone's burial ?
he uses it as a beautiful opportunity to express hs self feelings towards hs eye saw, iman n other's should learn 4rm d clergy man.
Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by YoursGEJ(m): 10:37pm On Dec 30, 2012
Na so dis archbishop take lose him private jet? Chei! i always thank God that I have such people to talk to me at mass every Sunday. Don't know where I would be without their counsel. They will tell you things the way they are point blank. Proud to be a catholic.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by Nobody: 10:43pm On Dec 30, 2012
fix the damn road . You are here wondering what people will say. what a stvpid comment.
taharqa: I wonda what sm people will keep saying when dis East-West Road construction completes next year?..... Anyways, Good sermon @Lord Bishop
Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by Memphis357(m): 10:47pm On Dec 30, 2012
helpmeohgod: Its only catholic and Anglican priests that can stand up and look at the president's eye and tell him the truth. This is what other daddies and pastors of other churches cannot do. Ride on pastor, the voice of the people is the voice of God
Well said,my brother...... Well said!!
Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by vanbonattel: 10:47pm On Dec 30, 2012
patttcom: fix the damn road . You are here wondering what people will say. what a stvpid comment.

We 'll say, what took the fuuls so long?
Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by ABUGEORGE(m): 10:51pm On Dec 30, 2012
MR PRESIDENT MY QUESTION IS IF U WANT 50% OF NIGERIANS TO LIVE LIKE LATE AZAZI THEN WHY DID U SACK HIM WHEN HE TOLD U THAT PDP IS BOKO HARAM AND BOKO HARAM IS PDP. MR PRESIDENT PLS CHANGE UR WAYS BECOS PEOPLE ARE WATCHIN U

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by tomiwiyu: 11:05pm On Dec 30, 2012
R.I.P general Azazi. May almighty Allah condole ur Families.Haba Nigeria with corruption sha

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by jimino(m): 11:09pm On Dec 30, 2012
It is oblvious Gej is nt ready 2 fight corruption. He wil kip giving us excuses til he leaves d office. Wat a shame!!!
Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by phabouluz(m): 11:10pm On Dec 30, 2012
I tink GEJ is havin serious personality disorder, suprised he opened his mouth to eulogise Azazi & wished 50% of Nigerians to be like him after he sacked Azazi for being forth right & unwaivering in his patroitism to his fatherland.

Somebody needs to talk to GEJ, his loosing it on daily basis, I hope he is not fixated.
Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by aurenflani: 11:15pm On Dec 30, 2012
van bonattel:

Does he really need to see the koran, to learn how to throw bombs?

And you that have eyes how are you alive because if your lies are anything you should have died from bomb before you learn A, B, C.
Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by aurenflani: 11:29pm On Dec 30, 2012
remmyz:
May God 4give u

Allah Will never forgive him. Because Allah will never forgive Ibliss, Fir'aun and abu jahl. May Allah curse him to oblivion because we do not need him in our fold. You caanot be able to feel confortable with a piece of raw shiit in your pocket.
Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by Ninilowo(m): 11:36pm On Dec 30, 2012
helpmeohgod: Its only catholic and Anglican priests that can stand up and look at the president's eye and tell him the truth. This is what other daddies and pastors of other churches cannot do. Ride on pastor, the voice of the people is the voice of God

Oga, you no go include baptist? I am a baptist member and baptist churches are not owned by individuals just as catholic and anglican
Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by logica(m): 11:36pm On Dec 30, 2012
lanre_front: Ijaw Heroes Memorial Park, along Sani Abacha Expressway, Yenagoa in Bayelsa State.
The IRONY! Did you ever notice that the phrase "Iro ni!" in Yoruba is similar to the English word "Irony"? grin
Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by Nobody: 11:54pm On Dec 30, 2012
We need more of the fearless preachers,he reminds me of rev fr mbaka
Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by obongtunji: 12:13am On Dec 31, 2012
“If we do things properly, if we change our attitudes as Nigerians, most of these issues we are blaming on corruption, we will know that it is not corruption”. Can you imagine gej saying this, are the masses suppose to construct the road themselves? Gej should please tell us what Nigerians are not doing properly, or who are the "we" he is referring to??lop
Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by LADEMINUS: 12:17am On Dec 31, 2012
DrugDoc: How many corrupt catholics or anglicans have been kicked out of the church for looting or maiming Africans? Is Maurice Iwu not a staunch catholic? Why do our people troop to these churches when they can't contribute to solving our fundamental problems? Let's keep blaming GEJ, he will perform brain surgery on each and every 150 million Nigerians to get them to think.

This is d problem with nigeria, fickle minded ppl like the citizen above. Does kicking someone out of the church help in any way to change the person? The reason a priest or pastor stands above all in church is to represent the good news and tell the truth! And the man (ogbebor) did just that! At least sensible nigerians will agree with me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photo Of Nigeria's Leaders: Past And Present. / Burial Of Hosea Ibi Who Was Kidnapped & Murdered In Taraba (Photos) / Saraki Repeated Atiku’s Mistake, Regrets Not Impeaching Buhari – Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.