Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,390 members, 7,812,151 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:06 AM

Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial (23789 Views)

Oshiomhole, PDP Trade Words Over Alleged APC 140,000 Voided Votes ( Vanguard ) / Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families / Azazi, Yakowa Die In Helicopter Crash? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by deandavid(m): 12:22am On Dec 31, 2012
DrugDoc: How many corrupt catholics or anglicans have been kicked out of the church for looting or maiming Africans? Is Maurice Iwu not a staunch catholic? Why do our people troop to these churches when they can't contribute to solving our fundamental problems? Let's keep blaming GEJ, he will perform brain surgery on each and every 150 million Nigerians to get them to think.
why should they kick iwu out of the house of God? Everybody is welcome, both thieves and the rightous, whether you like it or not, they have told you the obvious truth.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by awodman: 12:23am On Dec 31, 2012
[img][/img]

Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by Abagworo(m): 12:27am On Dec 31, 2012
Ninilowo:
Oga, you no go include baptist? I am a baptist member and baptist churches are not owned by individuals just as catholic and anglican

Yes you are right. Even methodists, Jehova's witnesses and all orthodox churches seem to preach morality instead of the more popular prosperity. That explains why they are losing a lot of their members who go seeking for greener pasture in prosperity churches.
Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by LADEMINUS: 12:27am On Dec 31, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: It is intellectual laziness to heap the blame of all of Nigeria's problem on corruption. Even if we manage to eradicate corruption today, 80% of Nigeria's problem will still remain. Nigerian's problem include dysfunctional federal structure, dis-unity, bad attitudes(including corruption and other criminalities), lack of capacity, incompetence everywhere you turn, quota system,ethnic and religious bigotry,etc
For instance, the federal system we run means that Abuja tries to feed and provide for all of the 160million Nigerians. Under such arrangement, even without corruption, Abuja cannot and can NEVER provide for 160million people. This is unlike some other countries that are structured in such away that all of the people contribute their quota, such that when it is gathered at the centre, there's so much funds for national development. The works ministry for instance requires about N500billion annually to fix the federal roads. Unfortunately due to paucity of funds, the ministry can only get about N90billion annually. Therefore no amount of magic can make N90billion do the work of N500billion, even if a prophet is brought to manage the funds. Also the east-west roads requires total of N360 to complete it in 4yrs but the ministry that supervises the road gets about N60 to N70billion annually. To further buttress my point, the CPC is currently the govt in charge of Nasarawa state. But what has the party achieved in almost 2yrs? Almost nothing. Is it because of corruption? I think it is most likely due to insufficient funds. I once heard the governor lament that after payment of salaries from the regular feederal monthly allocation, only about N300million will be remaining. ACN has been in power in lagos for about 13yrs but today about 50% of state and LGA roads in Lagos are dilapidated. The metro rail line, started by Jakande in the 80's, is still uncompleted. While corruption may have contributed to the state of Lagos, it will be unfair to blame it all on corruption.
In conclusion, it is easy and now envogue to blame every problem in Nigeria on corruption, but I dare to say that while corruption is part of the problem, there are far deeper issues that we have to tackle as a nation if we want to make progress

When someone comes to u with an issue, u have to look at all d facets, and decide the root cause of the problem. Once this key cause is fixed, the rest will fall in place.u talk of ethnic bias; is that not corruption?
We talk of boko boys terrorism; are they not being funded? Is that not corruption?
You talk of unemployment, nepotism, bigotry e.t.c.; pls go to the parastatals that should control job creation, u will see corruption written boldly dere. I recently wanted to help a friend acquire the FG civil service form that was advertised as free, when I got to the ministry... Dem say make I pay 7k for the form.... I leave u to ur conclusion.
And please ur figures for those projects are grossly wrong, if the ministry didn't get the money the needed however, they should not have promised the road-that too is a form of corruption.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by Nobody: 12:28am On Dec 31, 2012
donroxy:
@Op,
GEJ should change his attitude towards corruption and Governance and Nigerians shall change too!!!!!

moderator,
I posted more than what am seeing here ooo......... Why una edit ma post Na ?
Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by deandavid(m): 12:48am On Dec 31, 2012
sincere9gerian, if u say the money alloted to the ministries aint enough, why not our leader sacrifice their pay? They already have too much. Imagine other countries are trying to do human capacity development,NOI, SLS and GEJ are just making money, and doing nothing with it. While the people are suffering.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by Nobody: 1:06am On Dec 31, 2012
I find it ironic that Mr Jonathan choose to eulogise General Azazi in death and even admonised Nigerians to imbibe the ideal qualities in the life of the deceased.
Apparently Mr Jonathan conveniently forgot that he relieved General Azazi of his portfolio as National security adviser and sacked him without looking back because Azazi told the truth that PDP and Boko Haram are two sides of the same coin.
RIP. General Azazi.
Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by omenka(m): 1:07am On Dec 31, 2012
I have no doubt the Archbishop must either be a sore looser, a disgruntled element, a paid agent of the oposition or an ACN member!

Hear the president: “If we do things properly, if we change our attitudes as Nigerians, most of these issues we are blaming on corruption, we will know that it is not corruption”.
I don't know what this man drinks but there's somthing about the way he talks that makes me think some portion of eaither his tongue or his brain has been fried by it. He keeps sounding more and more like a kindergart, with no depth or structure in whatever he says. Haba! And to think he has a PhD...
What the Archbishop did is what Oristejafor anc co should be doing but they've effectively turned themselve to the drunken sailor's erand boys executing their master's charge to the letter. Smh.. God bless the Archbishop and God bless Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by MOBBDEEP: 1:17am On Dec 31, 2012
DrugDoc: How many corrupt catholics or anglicans have been kicked out of the church for looting or maiming Africans? Is Maurice Iwu not a staunch catholic?........

My brother, blessed art thou among the earth dwellers!

This same Iwu, with his wife, built an ultra-modern cathedral in 2010/2011 said to have worthed 500 mil in Imo-State & donated it to the Catholics.

On the day of dedication of the edifice, he mass-produced a local 'Ankara' fabric with picture showing him & his wife on it, which he distributed to the congregation that launched the church.
Come see people, the priests & high-prelate officials that day.
Na the chops we want talk about that we won't hang our neck in surprise?

Yet, nobody talk sense to this guy. Rather, he was being 'gingered'.
Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by slimfit1(m): 1:35am On Dec 31, 2012
Jonathan is right let call a spade a spade if half of Nigerians are not corrupt Nigeria would not be the way she is now. If you all are standing against corruption even the president will seat up.
Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by Nobody: 1:48am On Dec 31, 2012
On his part, Governor Dickson expressed dismay over Archbishop Ogbebor’s remark, pointing out that he did not complain about developmental backwardness in Bayelsa in the five years that preceded his administration. Even dickson knows that his benefactor jonathan was a joke wen he was governor of bayelsa,smh.
Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by manofguts: 1:55am On Dec 31, 2012
Given the antecedents of Azazi's recent comments and altercations with the powers that be, many people
believe that it was this sort of utterance that sent the general to the grave beyond, and that repeating
such thing would be courting with troubles.
I doff my hat for Ogbefor for speaking the truth, especially to the face of Mr President.

While many of our religious leaders today prefer taking solace in comfort, preaching vastly prosperity,
and purchasing private jets, yet others wouldn't mind taking the bull by the horn. Some of the corrupt
elites within the societies sit in front of some churches and the members they govern groan under their
leadership- haplessly, helplessly, and hopelessly. Still, the preachers remain economical about the truth.

Otherwise, what difference does it make with some armed robbers who seek spiritual counsel before engaging
in their dastardly act? There is a spiritual obligation on the part of those on the pulpit to preach the
truth as it is to the more influential rulership as well as to the followership irrespective of denomination
or tribe.

If 50% have to be like Azazi b4 GEJ can rule successfully, then i wonder why we need leaders...
Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by lastpage: 3:26am On Dec 31, 2012
lanre_front:
President Jonathan, while paying tribute to Azazi, reminded Archbishop Ogbebor that lack of attitudinal change was responsible for most of the problems plaguing the nation.

Jonathan said the emphasis on corruption most of the time was also misplaced as some of the cases that are brought under the purview of corruption do not belong there, stressing that until Nigerians behave rightly and properly, the country cannot move forward the way it should move.

He remarked that if 50 percent of Nigerians behave uprightly like Azazi, then the country would experience a change.

Jonathan said: “If all of us or if only 50 percent of Nigerians, and I mean it, if 50 percent of Nigerians that have privileges to certain offices or by virtue of their own struggle, have gotten to some level in society like General Azazi, this country will change.

“If we do things properly, if we change our attitudes as Nigerians, most of these issues we are blaming on corruption, we will know that it is not corruption”!
You see, this is how to POSITIVELY IDENTIFY FAILED LEADERSHIP: When you point out his errors and failings to him, instead of accepting and correcting them, HE POINTS HIS FINGERS AT OTHERS! grin grin grin

So, until 80Million Nigerians become like Azazi, this man cannot do anything in Government? You then wonder why HE IS A PRESIDENT .... and why he even sacked the same Azazi, when he said PDP is Bokoharam?

lanre_front: On his part, Governor Dickson expressed dismay over Archbishop Ogbebor’s remark, pointing out that he did not complain about developmental backwardness in Bayelsa in the five years that preceded his administration.

can anyone see the SAME PATTERN being REPEATED here?
So, the Clergy cannot and must not point out his failure, because they did not point it out BEFORE NOW?
I mean, these clowns do everything criminal to get Power ...and then dont know what to do with it....EXCEPT LOOT! shocked shocked

I pity this NATION of OURS.

Lastpage!
[/quote]
Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by oraclefemi(m): 3:36am On Dec 31, 2012
If Japan that was hit by earth quake and disaster could rebuild their country so fast then i see no reason Nigerian cant fix common roads, if any natural disaster should happen in Nigeria, roads and bridges will take millions of years to return even to the current state they are now..failure!
Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by Hardfact: 4:45am On Dec 31, 2012
I salute the courage of the priest for spitting it in their face. Who says we still dont have some genuinely concerned men of God? Pray it continually rings in their subconcious minds.
Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by miiraaj: 4:45am On Dec 31, 2012
Must GEJ respond to any criticism? Shit head
Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by jaymdee(m): 5:33am On Dec 31, 2012
taharqa: I wonda what sm people will keep saying when dis East-West Road construction completes next year?..... Anyways, Good sermon @Lord Bishop
Are you the project manager Next year ko, Next year ni...
Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by jaymdee(m): 5:37am On Dec 31, 2012
helpmeohgod: Its only catholic and Anglican priests that can stand up and look at the president's eye and tell him the truth. This is what other daddies and pastors of other churches cannot do. Ride on pastor, the voice of the people is the voice of God
You have said it all. Other mushroom churches are so scared of they existence that speaking up could mean their outright termination. Even the threat that the guest offering and donation would be cut after such truthful sermon would make them hush...hush puppies with mics...
Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by Gbenge77(m): 6:06am On Dec 31, 2012
OBJ should get all the blame for foisting such an incompetent man on Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by miiraaj: 6:13am On Dec 31, 2012
lastpage:
You see, this is how to POSITIVELY IDENTIFY FAILED LEADERSHIP: When you point out his errors and failings to him, instead of accepting and correcting them, HE POINTS HIS FINGERS AT OTHERS! grin grin grin

So, until 80Million Nigerians become like Azazi, this man cannot do anything in Government? You then wonder why HE IS A PRESIDENT .... and why he even sacked the same Azazi, when he said PDP is Bokoharam?

can anyone see the SAME PATTERN being REPEATED here?
So, the Clergy cannot and must not point out his failure, because they did not point it out BEFORE NOW?
I mean, these clowns do everything criminal to get Power ...and then dont know what to do with it....EXCEPT LOOT! shocked shocked

I pity this NATION of OURS.

Lastpage!
From the comments and attitudes of GEJ nd DICKson,I begin to wonder: Is Stupidity a GEJ thing or a Bayelsan thing?
Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by blocker: 6:25am On Dec 31, 2012
tongue And people thought I was crazy for voting Buhari
Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by stantob(m): 6:58am On Dec 31, 2012
This man G.E.J needs brain examination.Infact he will soon take off,but there is a good chain which will be imported from Colombia to use and chain him if he eventually takes off.He will be kept at the Egale square Abuja.50 percent rubbish, that is all a president has to say about road repairs when countries are talking of enhancing their technology and building the fastest trains in the world.Rubbish response.
Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by Nobody: 6:58am On Dec 31, 2012
tayuu: I love dis man of GOD for d truth,but GEj will always find sometin 2 say wc is offpoint,I don't realy blame him anyway,was it not dis GEj dat axed azazi for saying d truth abt BK!is now comin 2 say if only 50 percent of ninja can be like him,on wht ground pls...
simply means "change ur attitude,say the truth always and get SACKED||||"
Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by ninja4life(m): 7:14am On Dec 31, 2012
God bless dis clergy,hopes others will learn
Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by Blain(m): 7:29am On Dec 31, 2012
berem: Why im no go complain? If the road from bayelsa to portharcourt was not deplorable,would Azazi and others who died in the crash bother to use a military helicopter?
[color=#000099][/color]must he be a muslm?it was a beta oprtnty de clergy man had 2 make his point directly 2 de pot belly men.
Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by DanielNoble(m): 7:37am On Dec 31, 2012
alj harem:

So when the Sardauna and co complained what did he and his likes say ? They hurled insults on both the man and the muslim society as a whole. The double standards here and in Nigeria is too much.

Can Buhari complain with the mumu above me not call him boko haram ?
if pastor talk true na wahala,if e no talk na wahala. Saddists!
Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by Ribaman(m): 7:39am On Dec 31, 2012
Hycinth is a soft-spoken, intensely spiritual and gentle person. Takes a lot to ruffle his feathers. First met him in the 1990s, he is also a great classroom teacher!
Go for it HY!

lanre_front: The remains of former National Security Adviser, late Andrew Azazi, who died in a helicopter crash, were buried on Saturday at the Ijaw Heroes Memorial Park, along Sani Abacha Expressway, Yenagoa in Bayelsa State.

Among dignitaries at the commendation service included wife of the President; Patience Jonathan; Finance Minister, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala; members of the National Assembly; service chiefs; former governor of Bayelsa State, Chief Alamieyeseigha; former governor of Cross Rivers State, Donald Duke; and his wife, Onari; among others.

Although it was supposed to be a solemn funeral service for the departed soul, Bishop of Bomadi Catholic Vicariate, Archbishop Hyacinth Ogbebor, exercised his apostolic liberty and expressed his profound disappointment over poor governance and deplorable condition of infrastructure in Bayelsa State in particular and Nigeria in general.

Ogbebor took a swipe at President Goodluck Jonathan and the Federal Government for their inability to fix the dilapidated East-West Road.

He also bemoaned the developmental retrogression in Bayelsa, describing the situation as worrisome.

He condemned the conduct of public officers whom, he noted, are deliberately impoverishing Nigerians through acts of corruption and lip-service to issues of development and campaign against corrupt practices in the country.

Ogbebor, who was delivering a homily at the funeral service for the former Chief of Defence Staff, pointedly told the audience which included President Goodluck Jonathan to put the East-West Road in good shape and save hapless Nigerians from their untimely deaths resulting from pothole-ridden roads crisis-crossing the country.

He said, “Mr. President, repair the East-West Road. Tankers fall on that road every day. Spare the lives of Nigerians. Work the road. The potholes should be covered. I almost got killed on the East-West Road because I shuttle between Bomadi (in Delta State) and Bayelsa.”

He also admonished Dickson to translate his words on development into action because, according to him, the people of Bayelsa would not fly in the sky to get to their houses.

Describing Azazi’s death as tragic and devastating, the clergyman said the frequent occurrence of air mishaps in Nigeria was frightening and unbecoming.

“His death is tragic. It is a devastating blow to Bayelsa and Nigeria, more than the flood disaster.”

Ogbebor, who is also a member of the state’s post-flood management committee headed by Azazi, noted that if the military is unable to protect its own, it will be difficult to believe that it can protect citizens.

He lamented that, before now there was dedication and professionalism in service. “But now, compromise and money have taken over,” he stated.

Ogbebor, however, said he was aware Jonathan was trying his best in the task of nation building and that the Church was praying for him and his administration to succeed.

President Jonathan, while paying tribute to Azazi, reminded Archbishop Ogbebor that lack of attitudinal change was responsible for most of the problems plaguing the nation.

Jonathan said the emphasis on corruption most of the time was also misplaced as some of the cases that are brought under the purview of corruption do not belong there, stressing that until Nigerians behave rightly and properly, the country cannot move forward the way it should move.

He remarked that if 50 percent of Nigerians behave uprightly like Azazi, then the country would experience a change.

Jonathan said: “If all of us or if only 50 percent of Nigerians, and I mean it, if 50 percent of Nigerians that have privileges to certain offices or by virtue of their own struggle, have gotten to some level in society like General Azazi, this country will change.

“If we do things properly, if we change our attitudes as Nigerians, most of these issues we are blaming on corruption, we will know that it is not corruption”

On his part, Governor Dickson expressed dismay over Archbishop Ogbebor’s remark, pointing out that he did not complain about developmental backwardness in Bayelsa in the five years that preceded his administration.

While highlighting some of the contracts that his administration had awarded so far, Dickson cried that Azazi’s family, Bayelsa and Nigeria had lost a rare gem and icon, who was not only a father, but a loving husband, grandfather and an accomplished soldier.

During the church service for the late General Azazi, his first daughter, Akpolade, read the first lesson at the funeral service while her younger brother, Pelede, read the second lesson and his first son, Owoye Azazi Jr, gave a tribute of their late father.

Among those who paid glowing tributes to Azazi, besides Jonathan, Dickson and Pelede, were the President, Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, and former Chief of Defence Staff, Lt. Gen Alexander Ogomudia.

Others were: Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Azubuike Ihejirika; Petroleum Minister, Diezani Allison-Madueke; and Governor of Rivers State and Chairman, Nigerian Governors’ Forum, Chibuike Amaechi.

Amaechi named a street under construction in Elekahia area of Port Harcourt, the capital of Rivers State, after Azazi.

Azazi’s remains were lowered into a concrete grave at the Ijaw Heroes Memorial Park at about 2:55pm after a parade by a military guard of honours.

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2012/12/azazis-burial-jonathan-dickson-archbishop-trade-words/
Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by Nobody: 7:59am On Dec 31, 2012
Yungwizzzy: Watching who wants 2 be a millionare
watching others become millionaires. hehehe
Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by armadeo(m): 8:09am On Dec 31, 2012
Sensationalism. Do these journalist know the meaning of trade words.
Brb after reading other comments.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial by uarikibe: 8:17am On Dec 31, 2012
thumbs up for the priest,fearless people dont die,the holy book said it,he who preserves his life losses it,i know GEJ will respond just because he is conscious of the enormous power he has.Leaders just do what is right,otherwise that which you greatly fear will come upon you.
i just cant imagine our youths running out of their blessed nation in search of greener pastures in foreign land,and when they get there it is complete depression and rejection,what of the businessmen and women who losses their hard earned money just because their truck feel into a ditch as it was avoiding potholes,what about our educational system were my brothers work bare footed to school and no roof to cover them from the blazing sun during teaching,how much do they pay my teacher who taught me how to read and write.so many to mention.i boil when i see people in hardship.then some persons has 50billion in his account,my question is were are you taking that money to.
peace to my nation,peace to the whole world

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Eid-El-Fitr: Osinbajo Hosts Yusuf Buhari And Others / Abdulmumin Jibrin And Femi Falana At The Court Of Appeal (Photos) / Femi Falana's Wife, Funmi Becomes A SAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.