Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,167 members, 7,821,956 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional - Religion (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional (29303 Views)

The Word For Today, 2015 - A Daily Devotional / The Word For Today, 2014 - A Daily Devotional / Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional by Odunharry(m): 2:16pm On Dec 18, 2013
Alwaystrue: @lateef4me,
Jehovah is faithful! Thanks to God for this great year, we started it are ended it better and stronger. We can continue this is my suggestion but whichever we decide is still ok.
we can continue or create a new thread...if we gona create a new 1,then we gona put 2014 in d title..

Pls o,i wud lyk 2 be d thread creator cos on d 1st day of january 2014 which is next 2wks wednesday is also my bday...

Im wishn u guys a merry xmas n a prosperous new year in advance...God grace n mercy will neva depart us the remaiming days of d year 2013 and other years 2 come,amen...

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional by Alwaystrue(f): 10:26am On Dec 19, 2013
Sparrows (3)

Thursday, 19 December 2013

'The sparrow has found a home...a place near your altar...' Psalm 84:3

A lost sparrow. The hit TV series Lost was about a plane crashing on a remote island and the survivors rebuilding their lives amidst the wreckage. The secret of the show's success was that we could all relate to it. We've lost marriages, businesses, homes, self-worth, security and a lot of other things. But Jesus came to '...seek and to save that which was lost.' (Luke 19:10) Unlike us, Jesus didn't see people as 'good' or 'bad', but as 'lost'. He knew they'd lost their way, lost their values, lost their relationships, lost their ability to cope, lost their faith, and in some cases lost their reason to live. And He sought them out: like the woman at the well with five divorces and a live-in boyfriend; like the man who lay at the Pool of Bethesda for 38 years, chronically ill, noticed by no one; like Mary who wept at the tomb of the One she loved most. If you're lost today, you can have a personal audience with the Lord. 'The sparrow has found a home...where she may lay her young - even Your altars, O Lord of Hosts... Blessed are those who dwell in Your house; they will still be praising You.' (Psalm 84:3-4) Today you can 'come home' to God! You can build your nest and raise your family in the shelter of His protection. You can feel safe with Him. As you bow in worship, He will lift you up and make you feel valuable again. He will deliver you from the fear of rejection and loneliness. You can't hide from God, but you can hide in Him.

SoulFood: Job 11-14, Luke 1:57-66, Ps 67, Ecc 7:19-22

smiley This is The Word for Today

@Odunharry, that is nice. Irrespective of if we create a new thread or not, you will post the Word on 01/01/14. Congrats in advance.
Thanks for the prayer. Amen.

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional by Alwaystrue(f): 6:42am On Dec 20, 2013
Sparrows (4)

Friday, 20 December 2013

'...Not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father's will.' Matthew 10:29

A fallen sparrow. Jesus said, 'Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father's will.' Great news: God knows when you fall, and His will is to lift you up again. Perhaps you were flying high, then you made a mistake. You were sabotaged by a secret struggle you couldn't share with anyone. Or your trust was devastated by someone you loved. As a result you are afraid to begin again; afraid you can't overcome your past and rise again to fulfil your destiny. Regardless of how many times you've failed, God still loves you. Have you been attacked in a specific area of your life and it's become an area of repeated failure? Have you asked yourself, 'What is this battle about?' Hear this: the battle is not over your past, it's over your future! That's why you are a target. And the God Who gave Peter and Jonah a second chance, will lift you from the ashes of failure and remake your life into something beautiful. God saw you when you fell, so there's no reason to try and hide from Him. Like the shepherd who went looking for his one lost sheep, God is looking for you today. Not to condemn you but to restore you. Self-exaltation leads to pride, which God hates. But self-loathing leads to paralysis. There's only one unpardonable sin (Mark 3:22-30, Matthew 12:31-32), so you can go to God with confidence knowing He will give you a fresh start. And this time He will empower you to be strong and succeed.

SoulFood: Job 15-17, Luke 1:67-80, Ps 12, Ecc 8:1-9:12

Re: The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional by Odunharry(m): 10:05am On Dec 20, 2013
tanx Alwaystrue 4 d msg

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional by Alwaystrue(f): 11:19am On Dec 21, 2013
Sparrows (5)

Saturday, 21 December 2013

'...Your heavenly Father feeds them...' Matthew 6:26

A sparrow. Jesus said: 'Look at the birds. They don't plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren't you far more valuable to Him than they are? Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? And why worry about your clothing? Look at the lilies of the field and how they grow. They don't work or make their clothing, yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are. And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, He will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith?...These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and He will give you everything you need.' (Matthew 6:26-33) If you need some more Scriptural promises to stand on, here they are: 'Fear the Lord, you His godly people, for those who fear Him will have all they need.' (Psalm 34:9) 'Blessed is the man who fears the Lord, who delights greatly in His commandments. His descendants will be mighty on the earth; the generation of the upright will be blessed. Wealth and riches will be in his house...He will not be afraid of evil tidings; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord.' (Psalm 112:1-7) God recorded these promises in His Word so that you could read them over and over, and in reading them, rise above worry and live your life with joy and confidence.

SoulFood: Job 18-20, Matt 1:1-17, Ps 47, Ecc 10:1-4

smiley This is the Word for Today
Re: The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional by Alwaystrue(f): 4:36pm On Dec 22, 2013
Always Do What's Right

Sunday, 22 December 2013

'...Hold fast what is good.' 1 Thessalonians 5:21

Someone wrote: 'Today we mourn the passing of an old friend - common sense. He devoted his service to schools, hospitals and churches; he got jobs done without fanfare and foolishness. For decades, silly rules and frivolous lawsuits didn't affect him. He cultivated practices like sharing with others, teaching kids spiritual values and living within your means. He survived the Industrial Revolution and the Great Depression. But he couldn't withstand the ravages of declining moral and spiritual values. He watched as leaders became corrupt and good people became apathetic. He saw the Ten Commandments outlawed in public buildings, prayer banned from the classroom and criminals enjoying more rights than their victims. He watched in despair as teachers who needed parental consent to administer an aspirin, couldn't tell a parent their child wanted an abortion. Common sense was predeceased by truth, trust and responsibility. His funeral wasn't well attended; few realised he had gone!'

In a recent Gallup Poll, 50% of those interviewed said they believe there are 'no absolutes' when it comes to good and evil. Look around you and you'll see the results of that kind of thinking! But God doesn't share their opinion. His Word says, 'Test all things; hold fast what is good. Abstain from every form of evil' (1 Thessalonians 5:21-22). God told Israel not to remove the ancient boundary markers. God establishes boundaries for our protection, blessing and guidance (Proverbs 22:28.).

So stand up for what's right and don't fear criticism. Darkness has never been a friend of light, or wrong a companion of right. Nevertheless, walk in the light and always do what's right.

SoulFood: John 14:6-11, Acts 4:8-12, Acts 16:22-34, Matt 1:18-21
Re: The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional by lateef4me(m): 9:36am On Dec 23, 2013
@Odunharry ,

Happy birthday in advance .we'll grant your wish of creating the thread for 2014 and doing the first update for the year in as much you do so before 12 noon .

@Alwaystrue ,

You omitted sunday's update and you did today's update since yesterday . Are you using their book noww ? I've not been able to get a copy since intercontinental bank had issues with CBN .....

Have a wonderful week ahead !
Re: The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional by Alwaystrue(f): 12:22pm On Dec 23, 2013
Wise Men Still Seek Him (1)

Monday, 23 December 2013

'...Wise men...came to Jerusalem, saying, Where is He who has been born King of the Jews?' Matthew 2:1-2

Why would someone leave the comfort of their home, travel thousands of kilometres by camel, brave blistering deserts fraught with robbers and hazards to follow a star to an unfamiliar destination? There's only one answer: wise men and women have always hungered for God. It’s said that the three most sought-out words on the internet today are ‘work’, ‘sex’ and ‘God’. Work addresses our need for security; sex addresses our need for companionship and intimacy; God addresses our need to be forgiven, to experience peace and joy, and understand our life’s purpose on earth. It's why primitive tribes who don't know God make gods out of mountains, trees and rocks. Deep down we all have a need to experience something bigger than ourselves; someone capable of loving us, protecting and directing us. When his life fell apart Job cried, 'Oh, that I knew where I might find Him, that I might come to His seat!' (Job 23:3) The ancient Greeks had an altar on Mars Hill with the inscription, 'To the unknown God'. Then Paul told them, '...What you worship as something unknown I am going to proclaim to you.' (Acts 17:23) The good news of Christmas is, you can seek God and find Him, by coming to know Jesus as your own personal Saviour. Hosea called Israel back to God with these words: 'Oh, that we might know the Lord! Let us press on to know Him. He will respond to us as surely as the arrival of dawn...' (Hosea 6:3)

SoulFood: Job 21-23, Luke 2:1-7, Ps 128, Ecc 10:5-9

Re: The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional by Alwaystrue(f): 12:35pm On Dec 23, 2013
lateef4me: @Odunharry ,
@Alwaystrue ,

You omitted sunday's update and you did today's update since yesterday . Are you using their book noww ? I've not been able to get a copy since intercontinental bank had issues with CBN .....

Have a wonderful week ahead !

Hello lateef4me,
There was a mix up which has now been fixed. Thanks.
Re: The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional by Odunharry(m): 3:26pm On Dec 23, 2013
tanx guys 4 updating..hope u guys r aving a nyc day?

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional by Nobody: 4:35pm On Dec 23, 2013
This is lovely. Now, i can read each day`s message on here, too.

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional by Alwaystrue(f): 9:13am On Dec 24, 2013
Wise Men Still Seek Him (2)

Tuesday, 24 December 2013

'You will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.' Jeremiah 29:13

Notice where the wise men can't find Christ: in the business world. Every motel in Bethlehem was sold out with a 'No vacancy' sign. Not much has changed, eh? Thirty percent of all retail sales in department stores take place over the Christmas-time holidays. Fifty percent of all parties are held during Christmas and New Year. One out of every ten litres of alcohol is sold then too. Clearly, Jesus is good for business. The trouble is, we prefer the myth to the Master. We want a Santa but not a Saviour. We want the fairy tale but not the fact. What fact? That Jesus Christ came into the world to save sinners (1 Timothy 1:15). The story's told of a child who was chosen to play the innkeeper in the Christmas nativity, telling Mary and Joseph that there was no room for them at the inn. But on the night of the big event, he stood onstage, looked into the faces of the audience, froze in fear, then smiled and announced, 'I'm not supposed to do this, but come on in anyway!' The hymnist wrote, 'Room for pleasure, room for business, but for Christ the crucified; not a place that He can enter, in the heart for which He died.' Instead of ending this Christmas exhausted, disappointed, and in debt, invite Jesus into your life. You may be looking back with regret on some bad decisions you've made this year, but making Jesus your Lord and Saviour this Christmas is the best decision you'll ever make.

SoulFood: Job 24-28, John 1:6-18, Ps 113, Ecc 10:10-14

Re: The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional by Odunharry(m): 10:03am On Dec 24, 2013
Herodion: This is lovely. Now, i can read each day`s message on here, too.
wlcme on board...d message is always ready daily..jus follow this thread..if we l be creatng a new thread,u wl knw
Re: The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional by Alwaystrue(f): 12:29am On Dec 25, 2013
Wise Men Still Seek Him (3)

Wednesday, 25 December 2013

'That they should seek the Lord, in the hope that they might...find Him, though He is not far from each one of us.' Acts 17:27

When Jesus was born, the biggest issue of the day was wanting lower taxes and a different government. Sound familiar? In Jerusalem, the capital, we read, 'When Herod the King heard [about Jesus], he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him.' (Matthew 2:3) As a result, he committed one of history's greatest atrocities by killing every Jewish baby boy under the age of two, in order to get at Jesus. And today Jesus still forces a reaction in the hearts of men and women! That's why some people want to take Him out of the classroom, the courtroom and government. The forces of darkness are set on a course of trying to remove His name, His influence and His authority from all public life. Why? Because when you do away with God, there's no higher power than yourself, so you get to play God! Lenin, the father of Russian Communism, reputedly said of Christ, 'His kingdom is invisible, His rule is in the hearts of men, so He can't be tolerated.' As a result, over 20 million people died during the Russian revolution in an attempt to build an atheistic state. But fighting God is futile; it's a battle you can't win, because ultimately '...every knee shall bow... and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.' (Philippians 2:10-11) Every prophecy concerning Christ's first coming was fulfilled to the letter, and every prophecy concerning His second coming will be too. So if you want to meet Him in peace, surrender your life to Him today and accept Him as your Saviour.

SoulFood Christmas Day: Isaiah 7:14, Isaiah 9:6-7, Matt 1:18-25, Micah 5:2-5a

smiley The Word for Today

Merry Christmas @Odunharry, @lateef4me, @Herodion. May the joy this season brings as we remember the Saviour's miraculous conception and notable birth make our faith stronger.

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional by Odunharry(m): 8:58am On Dec 25, 2013
I am dreaming of white Christmas,
with every christmas card i write,
May your days be merry and bright, and May all your christmases be white.

Merry Christmas 2 u all..
Re: The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional by Alwaystrue(f): 7:05am On Dec 27, 2013
Wise Men Still Seek Him (4)

Thursday, 26 December 2013

'Search the Scriptures, for...these are they which testify of Me.' John 5:39 NKJV

The birth of Jesus divides history into two parts: B.C. (before Christ) and A.D. (after Christ). History is - His story! Let's observe where else the wise men didn't find Christ: the church. Amazing, isn't it? Teachers and theologians pored over their dusty parchments as they had done for generations. They taught their congregations the Messiah was coming, but they failed to recognise or acknowledge Him when He arrived. Yet the Old Testament Scriptures they read were filled with it. They described His ancestry: God told Abraham, '...All peoples on earth will be blessed through you and your offspring.' (Genesis 28:14 NIV) They identified the tribe from which He would be born: 'The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh [the Prince of Peace] come; and to Him shall be the obedience of the people.' (Genesis 49:10 NKJV) They described His family of origin: 'A shoot will come up from the stump of Jesse [father of David]; from his roots a Branch will bear fruit. The Spirit of the Lord will rest on Him...' (Isaiah 11:1-2 NIV) They foretold His virgin birth: '...The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call Him Immanuel [which means God with us].' (Isaiah 7:14 NIV) The prophet Daniel actually declared the time of His birth (Daniel 9:25). And this God of precision and forethought has a plan for your life too - the only plan that can satisfy and bring you happine ss. And the good news is: He comes by invitation. So invite Him into your life today.

SoulFood: Job 29-31, Luke 2:8-20, Ps 117, Ecc 10:15-19

Re: The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional by Alwaystrue(f): 7:07am On Dec 27, 2013
Prepare for Attack (1)

Friday, 27 December 2013

'He...ran out of the house.' Genesis 39:12 NIV

Observe how some of God's champions dealt with Satan's attack, so you'll know how to handle it when it comes. Joseph ran. '...Now Joseph was well-built and handsome, and after a while his master's wife took notice of Joseph and said, "Come to bed with me!" But he refused..."How then could I do such a wicked thing and sin against God?" And though she spoke to Joseph day after day, he refused to go to bed with her or even be with her. One day he went into the house to attend to his duties, and none of the household servants was inside. She caught him by his cloak and said, "Come to bed with me!" But he left his cloak in her hand and ran out of the house.' (Genesis 39:6-12 NIV) Notice the setting for this attack: Joseph was young, single, lonely, and far from home. And Potiphar's wife tried to seduce him 'day after day'. Giving in to her may actually have helped his career, but Joseph had a very different value system. His character meant more to him than his career. God's approval meant more to him than the boss' favour. After his affair with Bathsheba David wrote, 'I will set nothing wicked before my eyes...' (Psalm 101:3 NKJV) Whether it's an affair or an online fantasy, pull your eyes away! Lust is like a tiger; once uncaged, it will prowl through your mind and prey on your thoughts. What it won't do, is willingly go back into its cage. So if you haven't looked, don't! If you have, pray for victory and get it out of your life.

SoulFood: Job 32-34, Matt 2:1-8, Ps 97, Ecc 10:20-11:3

smileyThis is The Word for Today
Re: The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional by lateef4me(m): 8:42am On Dec 27, 2013
Merry xmas Alwaystrue and Odunharry ! May the new year coming be our year of celebration in Jesus name ...
Re: The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional by Alwaystrue(f): 7:52am On Dec 29, 2013
28 Dec 2013

Prepare for Attack (2)

'...A brother is born for adversity.' Proverbs 17:17

Nehemiah discovered that not everybody will be happy about your success. 'Sanballat ...sent to me, saying, "Come, let us meet together"...But they thought to do me harm. So I sent messengers to them, saying, "I am doing a great work, so that I cannot come down. Why should the work cease while I leave it and go down to you"? But they sent me this message four times, and I answered them in the same manner' (Nehemiah 6:2-4 NKJV). Note the words, 'I am doing a great work, so that I cannot come down.' That could be classified as an Academy Award-winning response to attack! Any time you stop the work God has given you to do and step down to the level of your critics, you've sent the devil a signal that his strategy is working. So you can expect more of the same. Think: if God can deliver you in times of trouble, surely He can defend you in times of misunderstanding! So get back up on the wall He has called you to build and keep working. Don't get distracted. There are three kinds of people you will meet in life:
1) The critic. They're the first to point an accusing finger and the last to extend a helping hand.
2) The cautious. When you're in trouble they'll distance you lest they become tainted by your perceived liabilities. These people are not bad, they're just self-serving. Don't put your trust in them.
3) The committed. 'A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.' Recognise such people and build your life around them because they are a gift from God.

Bible in a Year: Job 32-34;  Mt 2:1-8;  Ps 97;  Ecc 10:20 - 11:3;

Re: The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional by Alwaystrue(f): 7:57am On Dec 29, 2013
Prepare for Attack (3)

Sunday, 29 December 2013

'But Paul shook the snake off...' Acts 28:5

Luke writes: 'The islanders showed us unusual kindness. They built a fire and welcomed us all because it was raining and cold. Paul gathered a pile of brushwood and, as he put it on the fire, a viper...fastened itself on his hand. When the islanders saw the snake hanging from his hand, they said to each other, "This man must be a murderer; though he escaped from the sea, Justice has not allowed him to live." But Paul shook the snake o ff into the fire and suffered no ill effects. The people expected him to swell up or su ddenly fall dead, but after waiting a long time and seeing nothing unusual happen to him, they changed their min ds and said he was a god.' (Acts 28:2-6 NIV) People's opinions are often fickle, so here's a response you need to adopt: 'Shake it off!' These people started out thinking Paul was an escaped criminal, and ended up thinking he was a god. Incredible! There is an important lesson here. Beware of those who change their mind about you when your circumstances change. Build your life on those who believe the best about you, and want to bring it out. Behind Paul's spectacular success in ministry you will find people who never stopped believing in him. He writes, 'Priscilla and Aquila...risked their lives for me...' (Romans 16:3-4 NIV) He called Epaphroditus '...my brother, fellow worker, and fellow soldier...who ministered to my need.' (Philippians 2:25 NKJV) He says that Onesiphorus '...often refreshed me and was not ashamed of my chains.' (2 Timothy 1:16 NIV) Look for such people; they'll bless you. And they're out there!

SoulFood: Matt 6:5-15, Matt 26:36-46, James 5:13-18, 1 Th 5:16-18

Re: The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional by Odunharry(m): 8:08pm On Dec 29, 2013
tanks be to God Almighty for keeping us till this moment..i pray year 2014 will be more fruitful,we wl recieve favour exceedingly both 4m God n men and d grace dat kept us thruout 2013 wl neva dpart us this coming year n oda years 2 come,amen.
Re: The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional by lateef4me(m): 5:19pm On Dec 30, 2013
30 DECEMBER 2013

TODAY'S WORD FOR TODAY

Prepare for Attack (4)

‘…What saith my Lord unto his servant?’

Joshua 5:14

30 December 2013

Some issues are so crucial that until you have resolved them you cannot move forward or enjoy God’s blessing in your life. Joshua faced such an issue when he stood before the towering walls of Jericho, the strongest city in the Promised Land and the first that had to be conquered. We read: ‘…When Joshua was by Jericho…he lifted up his eyes and looked, and behold, there stood a man…with his sword drawn in his hand: and Joshua…said unto him, “Art thou for us, or for our adversaries?” And he said, “Nay; but as captain of the host of the Lord am I now come.” And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, “What saith my lord unto his servant?” And the captain of the Lord’s host said unto Joshua, “Loose thy shoe from off thy foot; for the place whereon thou standest is holy.” And Joshua did so’ (vv. 13-15 KJV). So, what is your Jericho? What’s the one big battle you must win in order to fulfil what God has planned for your life? Some battles can only be won on your knees. Before His victory at the cross, Christ, Who is our example, spent His hardest night in Gethsemane praying, ‘…Not my will, but Thine, be done’ (Luke 22:42 KJV). Are you intimidated by the size of the challenge? Do you think you don’t have what it takes? Does it feel like you have been going round in circles and getting nowhere? Take time out. Get alone with God, and stay in His presence until He gives you His plan. Then say yes to it, and He will empower you.

Job 38-39, Mt 2:16-23, Ps 139:13-24 , Ecc 11:7-10

TODAY'S PRAYER - FROM PRAYER FOR TODAY MAGAZINE

RECOVERY OF SIGHT

Jesus was moved with compassion many times.  He healed those who were physically blind and those who were spiritually blind.  There is hope for all.  Gracious God, give us confidence to trust in Your power.  We ask that Your Church will recover the gift of praying for healing – spiritual, emotional and physical.  We ask that many people will find healing in the name of Jesus.  Bless the many prayer healing ministries working across our ..
Re: The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional by lateef4me(m): 5:34pm On Dec 30, 2013
Just a day to go in this year . It calls for sober reflection of actions we took during the year and how those actions affected our walk with Him . We need to drop some luggages that will affect our relationship with Him in the coming year and embrace a closer walk with Him ...........

Odunharry,

As agreed ,we'll expect you to create another thread for this devotion on Wednesday . The title can be like "THE WORD FOR TODAY ,2014 . A DAILY DEVOTION "

Please note that Alwaystrue or I will have no choice than to create the thread if we did not see anything by 12noon on that day . Happy birthday in advance once more ......May the year usher in beautiful and wonderful things for u in Jesus name !
Re: The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional by lateef4me(m): 7:53am On Dec 31, 2013
31 DECEMBER 2013

TODAY'S WORD FOR TODAY

Expect Great Things from God

‘…Hitherto hath the Lord helped us.’

1 Samuel 7:12

31 Dec 2013

The Bible says, ‘Then Samuel took a stone…and called the name of it Ebenezer, saying, “Hitherto hath the Lord helped us.’’’ As you end this year and look back, what do you see? Monuments to failure? Wasted opportunities? When it comes to your failures, God says, ‘I, even I, am He that blotteth out thy transgressions for Mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins’ (Isaiah 43:25 KJV). When it comes to your wasted opportunities, God says, ‘I will restore to you the years that the swarming locust has eaten…’ (Joel 2:25 NKJV). A wise man said, ‘If we do not learn from the past we are doomed to repeat it.’ It’s okay to look back and learn, but if you drive looking in the rearview mirror, you’ll end up in a ditch. Whether good or bad, don’t get stuck in the past. ‘Say not thou, “What is the cause that the former days were better than these?” for thou dost not inquire wisely concerning this’ (Ecclesiastes 7:10 KJV). One of the dangers of growing old is that you become more excited about the past than you are about the future. A lady wrote to a newspaper editor and said, ‘Your newspaper is not as good as it used to be.’ He wrote back and quipped, ‘It never has been.’ God says, ‘I know the plans I have for you…they are plans for good…’ (Jeremiah 29:11 TLB). God has a plan for you this coming year. So, ‘hats off to the past and coats off to the future!’ Roll up your sleeves, go to work, and expect great things from God.

Job 40-42, Mt 3:1-12, Ps 116 , Ecc 12:13-14

TODAY'S PRAYER - FROM PRAYER FOR TODAY MAGAZINE

NEW YEAR’S EVE

The dream of HOPE 2014 is to see our nation changed by the love of God.  What would happen if people were to see the Church as the Bible teaches it to be – reflecting the love and passion of God?  Thank God for the many HOPE prayer events this New Year.  Pray that God’s Spirit will inspire every believer and every church to be committed to looking outwards, meeting the needs of their communities.
Re: The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional by lateef4me(m): 7:55am On Dec 31, 2013
Today is the last day in this year .Let us spend it wisely by worshipping and appreciating Him for what God has done for us !
Re: The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional by Odunharry(m): 1:45pm On Dec 31, 2013
lateef4me: Just a day to go in this year . It calls for sober reflection of actions we took during the year and how those actions affected our walk with Him . We need to drop some luggages that will affect our relationship with Him in the coming year and embrace a closer walk with Him ...........

Odunharry,

As agreed ,we'll expect you to create another thread for this devotion on Wednesday . The title can be like "THE WORD FOR TODAY ,2014 . A DAILY DEVOTION "

Please note that Alwaystrue or I will have no choice than to create the thread if we did not see anything by 12noon on that day . Happy birthday in advance once more ......May the year usher in beautiful and wonderful things for u in Jesus name !

amen,tanx bro....i av no choice than 2 do that...more blessings,favour,grace,mercies n fulfilment will be our portion come 2014,amen.
Re: The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional by Odunharry(m): 3:57am On Jan 01, 2014
cheesy happy new year pals
Re: The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional by lateef4me(m): 1:42pm On Jan 01, 2014
Happy new year to you too . We've not seen Alwaystrue for a while nowww .....
Re: The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional by Alwaystrue(f): 5:51pm On Jan 01, 2014
cheesy Happy new year guys!
This is wishing you a very prosperous, wisdom-filled, favour-filled and joy-laden new year.
Thanks for all the posts. May we have more and more reasons to be truly thankful.

@Odunharry, happy happy birthday. May your life be a goodly vessel for thr use of God and may you stand faithful to His call without falling. Amen.

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional by Odunharry(m): 5:55pm On Jan 01, 2014
Alwaystrue: cheesy Happy new year guys!
This is wishing you a very prosperous, wisdom-filled, favour-filled and joy-laden new year.
Thanks for all the posts. May we have more and more reasons to be truly thankful.
Happy new year dear...tanx to God for making last year a success

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional by mhozzis(m): 7:43am On Jan 02, 2014
Re: The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional by Soldam(m): 10:40pm On Jul 19, 2015
how can I book "word for today"?

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 / 21 Prayer Points For Children, To Pray Always As A Parent / Obituary Of Reverend Father Cyriacus Onunkwo, To Be Buried With His Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.