Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,049 members, 7,821,603 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional (29301 Views)

The Word For Today, 2015 - A Daily Devotional / The Word For Today, 2014 - A Daily Devotional / Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional by lateef4me(m): 9:34am On Feb 19, 2013
19 FEB 2013

TODAY'S WORD FOR TODAY

PRAYER, NOT PRESSURE, CHANGES PEOPLE

‘But we all…are changed…by the Spirit of the Lord.’

2 Corinthians 3:18

2013-02-19.

Jesus asked the question, ‘Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?’ (Matthew 7:3 NIV). Expecting more out of people than they’re able to give will hurt your relationships, not help them. People need the freedom to be who they are. That doesn’t mean they don’t need or want to change. But nobody appreciates being given the message, even subtly, that they must change in order to be loved and accepted. We’re more likely to change for those who are willing to accept us with our shortcomings, than for those who demand we live by their rules. One thing is certain: God won’t change the people we’re trying to change until we adopt a ‘hands off’ policy. We must get out of His way and let Him work! Even when we think we’re hiding our disapproval, people still feel it. It’s in our voice and body language. Prayer is the greatest agent for change, not pressure. If we truly love people we’ll pray for them and allow God to work on them His way, on His schedule, and for His glory. Many of those who irritate us are simply being themselves; their personality just doesn’t mesh with ours. Sometimes we want them to change when we need to change. Often the things we require in other people are already available for us to enjoy, if we’ll just stop judging them. For change to be lasting, it must come from the inside out. And only the Spirit of God can bring that kind of change.

Hebrews 9:1 - 11:16, Matthew 15:15-28, Psalm 5 , Proverbs 5:1-2

TODAY'S PRAYER - FROM PRAYER FOR TODAY MAGAZINE

UNITED IN MISSION

Give thanks for the remarkable increase in ‘inter-church’ mission initiatives which have sprung up around the UK since Hope 08, and for the many who have come to faith in Jesus through those initiatives.  Pray for outreach activities in your local community which are supported by several different churches, that they will be founded on true unity –governed by the same heart and the same vision, even though participants come from different church ...
Re: The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional by Odunharry(m): 9:52am On Feb 19, 2013
PRAYER, NOT
PRESSURE,
CHANGES PEOPLE ‘
But we all…are changed…by the
Spirit of the Lord.’

2013-2-19

2 Corinthians 3:18 Jesus asked the question, ‘Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your
brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?’ (Matthew 7:3 NIV).
Expecting more out of people
than they’re able to give will hurt your relationships, not help them. People
need the freedom to be who they are.
That doesn’t mean they don’t need or
want to change. But nobody appreciates being given the message, even subtly, that they must change in order to be loved and accepted. We’re more likely to change for those who are willing to accept us with our shortcomings, than for those who demand we live by their rules. One thing is certain: God won’t
change the people we’re trying to change until we adopt a ‘hands off’ policy. We must get out of His way and let Him work! Even when we think we’re hiding
our disapproval, people still feel it. It’s
in our voice and body language. Prayer
is the greatest agent for change, not pressure. If we truly love people we’ll
pray for them and allow God to work on them His way, on His schedule, and for His glory. Many of those who irritate us are simply being themselves; their personality just doesn’t mesh with ours. Sometimes we want them to change when we need to change. Often the things we require in other people are already available for us to enjoy, if we’ll just stop judging them. For change to be
lasting, it must come from the inside out. And only the Spirit of God can
bring that kind of change. Hebrews 9:1-11:16 , Matthew 15:15-28 ,
increase in ‘inter-church’ mission
initiatives which have sprung up around
the UK since Hope 08, and for the
many who have come to faith in Jesus
through those initiatives. Pray for outreach activities in your local
community which are supported by
several different churches, that they
will be founded on true unity –governed
by the same heart and the same vision,
even though participants come from different church
Re: The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional by ganasy: 11:43am On Feb 19, 2013
what an eye opener
Re: The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional by lateef4me(m): 6:15am On Feb 20, 2013
20 FEB 2013

TODAY'S WORD FOR TODAY

KNOWING WHAT GOD’S CALLED YOU TO DO

‘…Who are you…?’

John 1:22

2013-02-20.

When asked, ‘Who are you?’ John the Baptist replied, ‘…The voice of one crying in the wilderness: Make straight the way of the Lord…’ (v. 23 NKJV). After listening to John for a while, his disciples left him to follow Christ. And that was okay with John, because he knew what he was called to do. Do you? You can only go on for so long ‘trying things.’ At some point you’ve got to discover what God’s called you to do and give yourself fully to it. Apparently Paul wasn’t a particularly great speaker: ‘I came to you…timid and trembling…my message and my preaching were very plain…’ (1Corinthians 2:3-4 NLT). But what Paul lacked as a speaker, he more than compensated for as a writer. He wrote the inspired word that enabled others to preach! Something so powerful was released through Paul’s writings that even when they threw him in jail he didn’t ask for a lawyer or a gourmet meal because he was tired of prison food. No, he wanted paper so that he could keep writing. In fact, Paul wrote all the way to the end of his life. And because he did, lives are still being changed today. What a legacy! And all because one man discovered his calling and devoted himself to it. So the question is: Have you discovered your calling and devoted yourself to it? George Bernard Shaw wrote: ‘Life is no brief candle to me. It is a sort of splendid torch which I get to hold for a moment, and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before turning it over to future generations.’ 

Hebrews 11:17 - 13:25, Matthew 15:29-39, Psalm 28 , Proverbs 5:3-6

COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT

Jesus, the Light of the World, also calls us to be lights shining in the places where He has planted us.  Pray that the Church in your local community will want to get involved in community events.  Pray that God will put in place ‘bridge’ people, who will help the Church find ways of blessing and serving things which are already happening in the local area.  Pray for good relationships between Church and local council.

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional by Nobody: 11:59am On Feb 20, 2013

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional by Flawlessdiva1(f): 6:12am On Feb 21, 2013
He Understands (1)

Thursday, 21 February 2013 00:11 '
...He faced all of the same testings we do...'
Hebrews 4:15 NLT The Lord understands what you are going
through today because He has been where you
are. The Bible says: 'This High Priest of ours
understands our weaknesses, for he faced all of
the same testings we do...So let us come boldly to
the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive mercy, and we will find grace to help us
when we need it most.' (Hebrews 4:15-16 NLT)
That means: (1) Jesus understands your family
problems He had a family of His own. And on one
occasion they said, '...He's out of His mind...' (Mark
3:21 NLT) (2) Jesus understands when you feel overwhelmed 'Then Jesus said, "Let's go off by
ourselves to a quiet place and rest awhile." He
said this because there were so many people
coming and going that Jesus and His apostles
didn't even have time to eat.' (Mark 6:31 NLT)
Jesus not only dealt with onthejob pressures, He had to organise, train and correct His own
followers, including a group of uneducated
fishermen, a bigot, and a despised tax collector.
(3) Jesus understands when you feel rejected The
town He grew up in had no use for Him: 'He
came to His own, and His own did not receive Him.' (John 1:11 NKJV) When Philip said, 'We have
found the one whom Moses wrote about... He is
Jesus...from Nazareth,' Nathaniel replied, 'Can
anything good come from Nazareth?'(John 1:45
GNT) And Jesus' family tree was nothing to write
home about either. Rahab was a prostitute, Jacob was a crook, David was an adulterer - to name
just a few. Yes, Jesus understands. He knows
where you're at today and He's able to help you.
So talk to Him!

SoulFood: 1 Ki 1-2, Matt 16:1-12, Ps 33:1-12, Pr
5:7-14
Re: The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional by Flawlessdiva1(f): 6:16am On Feb 21, 2013
TODAY'S PRAYER - FROM PRAYER FOR TODAY MAGAZINE KNOWING THE NEEDS God has plans for your community which He
longs to share with the church. Hearing His heart
often starts with discovering the needs of those
who live there. Pray that He will call and equip
researchers with the skills to survey your local
community and discover where the real needs are, so that the Church can adapt its programmes
and activities to address those issues, and
become an agent for hope and change.

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional by lateef4me(m): 7:04am On Feb 21, 2013
Flawless~diva,

You beat me to it this morning . Thanks for the update and may God enrich your life with wonderful testimonies !
Re: The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional by weezii(m): 9:27am On Feb 21, 2013
thank you dearies for all tis post. I have been following this thread for a while now and i just wish i should commend u guys. Ur doing a great job over here. Thanks for blessing my life dis morning!!!
Re: The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional by Odunharry(m): 10:00am On Feb 21, 2013
Flawless~diva:
TODAY'S PRAYER - FROM PRAYER FOR TODAY MAGAZINE KNOWING THE NEEDS God has plans for your community which He
longs to share with the church. Hearing His heart
often starts with discovering the needs of those
who live there. Pray that He will call and equip
researchers with the skills to survey your local
community and discover where the real needs are, so that the Church can adapt its programmes
and activities to address those issues, and
become an agent for hope and change.
nyc post diva....i pray God grant us the grace and strenght to continue with this,amen.
Re: The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional by VirginFinder: 11:47am On Feb 21, 2013
Flawless~diva:
He Understands (1)

Thursday, 21 February 2013 00:11 '
...He faced all of the same testings we do...'
Hebrews 4:15 NLT The Lord understands what you are going
through today because He has been where you
are. The Bible says: 'This High Priest of ours
understands our weaknesses, for he faced all of
the same testings we do...So let us come boldly to
the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive mercy, and we will find grace to help us
when we need it most.' (Hebrews 4:15-16 NLT)
That means: (1) Jesus understands your family
problems He had a family of His own. And on one
occasion they said, '...He's out of His mind...' (Mark
3:21 NLT) (2) Jesus understands when you feel overwhelmed 'Then Jesus said, "Let's go off by
ourselves to a quiet place and rest awhile." He
said this because there were so many people
coming and going that Jesus and His apostles
didn't even have time to eat.' (Mark 6:31 NLT)
Jesus not only dealt with onthejob pressures, He had to organise, train and correct His own
followers, including a group of uneducated
fishermen, a bigot, and a despised tax collector.
(3) Jesus understands when you feel rejected The
town He grew up in had no use for Him: 'He
came to His own, and His own did not receive Him.' (John 1:11 NKJV) When Philip said, 'We have
found the one whom Moses wrote about... He is
Jesus...from Nazareth,' Nathaniel replied, 'Can
anything good come from Nazareth?'(John 1:45
GNT) And Jesus' family tree was nothing to write
home about either. Rahab was a prostitute, Jacob was a crook, David was an adulterer - to name
just a few. Yes, Jesus understands. He knows
where you're at today and He's able to help you.
So talk to Him!

SoulFood: 1 Ki 1-2, Matt 16:1-12, Ps 33:1-12, Pr
5:7-14

Please type the opening scripture at the beginning of the day's passage first!

The whole chapter is what I read from my bible daily.

Thanks.
Re: The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional by lateef4me(m): 6:32am On Feb 22, 2013
22 FEB 2013

TODAY'S WORD FOR TODAY

HE UNDERSTANDS (2)

‘…He faced all of the same testings we do...’

2013-02-22 

Are you disappointed in people? Jesus understands, because in the final analysis, those He loved and counted on let Him down. Judas, His treasurer, sold Him out, and then sealed the deal with a kiss. Even in His darkest hour, Gethsemane, His closest disciples, Peter, James and John, couldn’t stay awake and pray with Him for an hour (Matthew 26:40). Are you tired of all the demands? Jesus understands. ‘A vast crowd brought to him people who were lame, blind, crippled, those who couldn’t speak, and many others. They laid them before Jesus, and He healed them all’ (Matthew 15:30 NLT). You say, ‘But if Jesus was God how could He get tired?’ Because He was both God and man. He had to be God in order to save us, and man in order to die for us. ‘…Jesus, tired from the long walk, sat wearily beside the well about noontime’ (John 4:6 NLT). Have you been falsely accused? Jesus understands. They accused Him of being ‘…a lush, a friend of the riff-raff’ (Matthew 11:19 TM). Up until the time of His death they were still trying ‘…to find something false…so they could kill him’ (Matthew 26:59 NCV). And Jesus said, ‘…The servant is not greater than his lord…’ (John 15:20 KJV). When you decide to follow Jesus, you’re signing up for a life of advancement—and adversity! So why did Jesus go through these things? ‘Since he himself has gone through suffering…he is able to help us…’ (Hebrews 2:18 NLT). He walked the path you’re on today so that you could go to Him knowing He understands, and that He is able to help.

I Kings 3-5, Matthew 16:13-28, Psalm 33:13-22 , Proverbs 5:15-20

NEIGHBOUR FRIDAY

Lord, help me to be a generous neighbour to those living in the houses near me.  Help me to see my street through Your eyes, and keep me alert to neighbours who are in particular need – struggling financially, with illness, with the death of a family member, or simply alone because no-one visits them. Show me ways I can help.  Could you invite a neighbour round for a meal this weekend?
Re: The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional by lateef4me(m): 5:03am On Feb 23, 2013
23 FEB 2013

TODAY'S WORD FOR TODAY

GOD WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU

‘Give all your worries…to God, for he cares about you.’

1Peter 5:7

2013-02-23 

Think about the things you worried about last year, or even last week. How many came to pass? Statistically, 10 percent at most! And did all your worrying make them better or worse? And what about the physical and emotional toll that worry is taking on you? Dr. Charles Mayo, founder of the famous Mayo Clinic, said, ‘Worry negatively affects the circulation, the heart, the glands, and the whole nervous system. It profoundly affects your health. I have never known a person who died from overwork, but many who died from worry.’ So when are you going to face up to the fact that you worry too much, and do something about it? ‘What can I do?’ you ask. The Bible says, ‘Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.’ By committing each day to the Lord, you are trusting Him to go before you and work things out for the best. It’s the only way to live! Worry doesn’t work. It’s like a rocking chair; it will give you something to do and keep you going, but it won’t get you anywhere! Life is too big for any of us to handle alone. So when worry comes to prey on your mind, attack it with the promises of God. Go ahead, bring your fears to God and watch them shrivel and die: ‘…It’s wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the centre of your life’ (Philippians 4:7 TM). George Muller said, ‘The beginning of anxiety is the end of faith, and the beginning of true faith is the end of anxiety.’

I Kings 6-7, Matthew 17:1-13, Psalm 36 , Proverbs 5:21-23

PRAYING FOR UCB

Pray for UCB’s Prison ministry which connects with prison Chaplains and distributes many copies of ‘The Word for Today’ to inmates.  It also links prisoners seeking pen pals with the Prison Fellowship.  Lord, bless this ministry and use it to open doors into prisons, reaching prisoners with Your love.  Encourage our Prison Ministry staff with the privilege of hearing stories of the difference their work has made, both to chaplains and ...
Re: The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional by Odunharry(m): 8:16am On Feb 23, 2013
lateef4me: 23 FEB 2013

TODAY'S WORD FOR TODAY

GOD WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU

‘Give all your worries…to God, for he cares about you.’

1Peter 5:7

2013-02-23

Think about the things you worried about last year, or even last week. How many came to pass? Statistically, 10 percent at most! And did all your worrying make them better or worse? And what about the physical and emotional toll that worry is taking on you? Dr. Charles Mayo, founder of the famous Mayo Clinic, said, ‘Worry negatively affects the circulation, the heart, the glands, and the whole nervous system. It profoundly affects your health. I have never known a person who died from overwork, but many who died from worry.’ So when are you going to face up to the fact that you worry too much, and do something about it? ‘What can I do?’ you ask. The Bible says, ‘Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.’ By committing each day to the Lord, you are trusting Him to go before you and work things out for the best. It’s the only way to live! Worry doesn’t work. It’s like a rocking chair; it will give you something to do and keep you going, but it won’t get you anywhere! Life is too big for any of us to handle alone. So when worry comes to prey on your mind, attack it with the promises of God. Go ahead, bring your fears to God and watch them shrivel and die: ‘…It’s wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the centre of your life’ (Philippians 4:7 TM). George Muller said, ‘The beginning of anxiety is the end of faith, and the beginning of true faith is the end of anxiety.’

I Kings 6-7, Matthew 17:1-13, Psalm 36 , Proverbs 5:21-23

PRAYING FOR UCB

Pray for UCB’s Prison ministry which connects with prison Chaplains and distributes many copies of ‘The Word for Today’ to inmates. It also links prisoners seeking pen pals with the Prison Fellowship. Lord, bless this ministry and use it to open doors into prisons, reaching prisoners with Your love. Encourage our Prison Ministry staff with the privilege of hearing stories of the difference their work has made, both to chaplains and ...
i love today's message...God bless ucb
Re: The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional by Odunharry(m): 7:54am On Feb 24, 2013
24-2-2013

TODAY'S WORD FOR TODAY
'LET US PRAY'

Pray in the Spirit at all times and on
every occasion

Ephesians 6:18

In August, 1806, five Williams College students met in a field for one of their twice-weekly prayer meetings when a thunderstorm drove them to take refuge in a nearby haystack. Continuing in prayer, Samuel John Mills shared his burden that Christianity should be sent
abroad, and the group prayed that
American missions would spread
Christianity through the east. The
haystack prayer meeting held in
Williamstown, Massachusetts, is viewed by many scholars as the spark that ignited American support for world missions. In 1808, the haystack prayer group and other Williams students formed ‘The Brethren,’ a society organised to effect, through its members, a mission to the unsaved.
Within a few years they inspired the
founding of the American Board of
Commissioners for Foreign Missions
(ABCFM). Several of the students,
including Adoniram Judson, went to Asia as missionaries (the first foreign
missioners sent from America in 1812).
Samuel John Mills stayed stateside to
recruit others, and helped organise the
American Bible Society and the United
Foreign Missionary Society. In its fifty years, ABCFM sent out over 1,250
missionaries. In 1961, the American
Board merged to form the United
Church Board for World Missions
(UCBWM). After 150 years, the
American Board had sent out nearly 5,000 missionaries to 34 different
fields. And it all began with five young men praying in a haystack! Nothing can take the place of prayer—not
money, not programmes. The truth is,
we can do great things after we pray, but we cannot do great things until we
pray. So the word for you today is, ‘Let
us pray.’ Exodus 20:15 , Joshua 7:1-26, Malachi 3:8-11 , Ephesians 4:28

TODAY'S PRAYER - FROM PRAYER FOR TODAY MAGAZINE PRAYER & ME Is there anything you’re involved in
which you’ve never really prayed for?
As believers we end up with ‘blind spots’– areas of our lives which we simply forget to bring before God in prayer, perhaps because they seem trivial, because we think God wouldn’t approve, or simply because other things burden us more.
Today, make a conscious effort
to bring to God those things which you

2 Likes

Re: The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional by lateef4me(m): 9:16pm On Feb 24, 2013
Thanks Odunharry for today's update !
Re: The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional by Odunharry(m): 9:45pm On Feb 24, 2013
welcome bro..
Re: The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional by Flawlessdiva1(f): 4:29am On Feb 25, 2013
25 FEB 2013
TODAY'S WORD FOR TODAY

MOVING FROM DOUBT TO FAITH
‘Lord, “Increase our faith.’’’ Luke 17:5 2013-02-25.
Why do we experience so much doubt? 1)
Because doubt satisfies our need for self-
protection. We don’t like to be wrong, to get
hurt, or to fail, so our subconscious reasoning
says, ‘It’s easier not to trust, to lower my
expectations so I won’t be disappointed.’ But you are disappointed, aren’t you? Why? Because
of your doubt. 2) Because doubting comes easily.
We don’t wake up in the morning and say to
ourselves, ‘Today I’m going to doubt God.’ No,
doubt moves into a vacuum; it takes over when
we don’t do the right things. ‘…Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of
God’ (Romans 10:17). If you don’t keep your
mind filled with God’s Word; you’ll be constantly
assailed by doubts. 3) Because doubters are easy
to find. Sometimes the people around us dwell on
all the obstacles and difficulties, opening the door to doubt. And once that stream starts flowing,
you get carried along with it.
4) Because
doubting is contagious. Doubt is easier to catch
than the common cold, and its carriers are words.
The Bible says, ‘You are trapped by your own
words’ (Proverbs 6:2 CEV). The words you speak (and listen to) will either build you up or tear you
down, increase your faith or decrease it. For
example, ‘What will I do?’ versus, ‘In God’s
strength I can handle it.’ Or, ‘It’s awful’ versus,
‘It’s a learning experience.’ Or, ‘I see no way out’
versus ‘It’s not too big for God.’ Words are powerful things. They determine your outlook
and approach to life. So in order to move from
doubt to faith you must start eliminating
unscriptural words from your life!
I Kings 8-9, Matthew 17:14-27, Psalm 40:1-8 , Proverbs 6:1-5
SALVATION
Give thanks to God for those who have recently
given their lives to Jesus for the first time. The
numbers across the nation are still small, but the
progress is encouraging. Pray that the Spirit of
Salvation will move across Wales again, as it did
so powerfully at the start of the 20th century, and that millions will find new life in Jesus Christ.
Pray for new evangelists to be raised up
throughout Wales.
Re: The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional by lateef4me(m): 6:00am On Feb 25, 2013
Without faith,it's impossible to please God ......

Thanks Flawless-diva for this morning update !
Re: The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional by Odunharry(m): 7:32am On Feb 25, 2013
thanx diva
Re: The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional by mhozzis(m): 7:57am On Feb 25, 2013
Thank God and thank you guyz
Re: The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional by Ykwtd: 8:27am On Feb 25, 2013
Thank God for you guys
Re: The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional by lateef4me(m): 8:47am On Feb 25, 2013
"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase"

2 Likes

Re: The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional by lateef4me(m): 5:12am On Feb 26, 2013
26 FEB 2013

TODAY'S WORD FOR TODAY

WHY GOD ACCEPTS YOU (1)

‘…Approved and acceptable and in right relationship with Him….’

2 Corinthians 5:21

2013-02-26. 

God loves and accepts you as much on your bad days as He does on your good ones. In a performance-based society, that’s easy to forget. But you mustn’t! God’s acceptance is based on your standing in Christ, not the state of your life at a given time. ‘For our sake He made Christ [virtually] to be sin Who knew no sin, so that in and through Him we might become [endued with, viewed as being in, and examples of] the righteousness of God [what we ought to be, approved and acceptable and in right relationship with Him, by His (not our) goodness].’ Think of the cross as a trading post. There God took every sin you’d ever commit and laid it upon Jesus. And the moment you place your trust in Christ, God takes all of Christ’s righteousness and wraps you up in it. From that point on, He sees you only one way—in Christ. How liberating! Liberating, because now you realise that your worth isn’t based on what you do but on who you are in relationship to Christ. God actually assigned value to you by allowing Jesus to die for you. ‘But I can’t believe that God doesn’t care about what I do.’ You’re right! And your rewards in heaven will be based on your stewardship here on earth. God wants you to do good works, but He doesn’t want you to depend on them; He wants you to do them out of love for Him. Once you understand your position, who you are in Christ, you begin doing the right things for the right reasons.

1 Kings 10-11, Matthew 18:1-9, Psalm 40:9-17 , Proverbs 6:6-8

HEALING

Give thanks to God for the many healings and miracles taking place around Wales in these days - at Ffald y Brenin Retreat Centre, but also in many other places too.  Pray that God’s healing power will begin to touch more and more people outside of the Church, so that they will know His love and experience His grace.  Pray that Christians will be bold in praying with their non-Christian friends for healing and miracles.
Re: The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional by Odunharry(m): 7:49pm On Feb 26, 2013
tanx bro
Re: The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional by Odunharry(m): 7:53am On Feb 27, 2013
chaii..today's message have not been uploaded in their site
Re: The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional by ganasy: 9:05am On Feb 27, 2013
we are waiting. morning
Re: The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional by lateef4me(m): 9:06am On Feb 27, 2013
I also checked their site around 6am .Today's own has not been uploaded....
Re: The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional by Odunharry(m): 6:32pm On Feb 27, 2013
TODAY WORD'S FOR TODAY.

WHY GOD CHOOSE YOU(2).

…Approved and acceptable and in
right relationship with Him…’ 2 Corinthians 5:21

27-2-2013.

The world tells us that our value is
connected to our ‘doing.’ Growing up,
we’re constantly compared. When asked why we were not doing as well as our brother or sister, we felt we were doing our best and we had no answer. So we resolved to try harder, but no matter how hard we tried, someone still wasn’t satisfied. We were still getting the message, ‘Something’s wrong with you.’
This leaves us burned out, confused and turned off. It drives many of us into counselling, when all we need is the
assurance of God’s unconditional love!
Your wrong behaviours won’t be
changed until you know you’re loved by God apart from what you do. And that’s what Jesus made possible through the cross. Why is this important to believe?
Because until you know who you are in
Christ, you’ll stumble along believing
that your acceptance with God is
performance-based. Your acceptance
with God is based on performance, but not yours—Christ’s! Jesus loves you
unconditionally and is committed to
working with you. And the best part is,
He doesn’t condemn you while He’s
doing it! He understands your
temperament, your struggles, and even the faulty foundation upon which
you’ve based your self-worth. He not
only understands—He cares. Once you
enter into a personal relationship with
Christ He begins a process of relieving
your pain, revealing your true value, and releasing your gifts. Bit by bit, He
restores everything satan has stolen
from you. And while all this is
happening, you are positioned securely
‘in Christ.’ Therefore you’re always
acceptable to Him.

1 Kings 12-13 , Matthew 18:10-20 , Psalm 53 , Proverbs 6:9-11

TODAY'S PRAYER - FROM PRAYER FOR TODAY MAGAZINE CHURCH Attendance at Chapel congregations
and denominational churches across
Wales has plummeted in recent
decades. Pray for those ministering in
these churches, that God will encourage
them and help them find new vision. Pray that ‘new wineskins’ will spring up– new ways of doing and being church, so that the people of 21st-century Wales will be able to see past the familiar religious traditions, into the vibrant life.
Re: The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional by Odunharry(m): 6:46pm On Feb 27, 2013
this is coming late...just came back 4m school,had a rily busy day..
Hope you all are doing grt?
Re: The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional by lateef4me(m): 8:51pm On Feb 27, 2013
I love the line below :

"Your acceptance with God is based on performance, but not yours—Christ’s! Jesus loves you unconditionally and is committed to working with you "

Thanks for the update Odunharry,I'm doing great !
Re: The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional by ganasy: 8:53pm On Feb 27, 2013
thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

21 Prayer Points For Children, To Pray Always As A Parent / First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 / Obituary Of Reverend Father Cyriacus Onunkwo, To Be Buried With His Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.