Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,417 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? (8495 Views)

The Scary Thing A Couple Received As Wedding Gift (photo) / ‘love-making With My Husband No Longer Turns Me On’ / Incredible! Read The Best Divorce Letter I Have Seen Exchanged By A Couple (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jan 02, 2013
coogar:

nah.....i am a faithful husband
besides, my spouse is an expert with her hands and tongue.

grin grin grin

Now thats what am talking about! but wait o, sometims the hand and mouth dont really acheive much like that o. Did u try the other h.ole? lipsrsealed
Re: When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jan 02, 2013
^^^ vikin you're hilarious grin

OP clinically it's 6 weeks but that 6th week doctor's visit happened to be be when those stitches are removed from my incisions..... hence part 2 of my misery embarassed..... it depends on individual and their strengths .....

I'd say 3 months then the baby would start sleeping thru the night wink and the body will be back in shape .....

cooger's just bluffing ! what new mom will give you a BJ when she'll be busy siphoning mucus out of the baby's nose cheesy
Re: When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? by overdrive(m): 9:38pm On Jan 02, 2013
@ileobatojo pls what is lochia? @ileobatojo pls what is lochia?
Re: When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jan 02, 2013
overdrive: @ileobatojo pls what is lochia? @ileobatojo pls what is lochia?

It means the integral part of the vege vege.

Next question!
Re: When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jan 02, 2013
overdrive: @ileobatojo pls what is lochia? @ileobatojo pls what is lochia?

Lochia is just expelled material from the uterus after birth. Just the body cleaning out all the yama yama remaining in the womb from the childbirth process. So it comes out through the vagina. It starts out as bright red blood for a few days or weeks, then turns brown and turns to white discharge before it disappears. All women who have had a baby will have lochia. It's usually all gone by 6 weeks after delivery.
Re: When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? by smartmom(f): 11:29pm On Jan 02, 2013
Vikin:

It means the integral part of the vege vege.

Next question!

Hey u dis gal, u have my sides aching kai!
ileobatojo:

Lochia is just expelled material from the uterus after birth. Just the body cleaning out all the yama yama remaining in the womb from the childbirth process. So it comes out through the vagina. It starts out as bright red blood for a few days or weeks, then turns brown and turns to white discharge before it disappears. All women who have had a baby will have lochia. It's usually all gone by 6 weeks after delivery.

Eoowww yucky undecided still hate that phase but thanks for educating the ignorant ones. It can linger longer at times sha
Re: When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? by smartmom(f): 11:39pm On Jan 02, 2013
jidegirl12: ^^^ vikin you're hilarious grin

OP clinically it's 6 weeks but that 6th week doctor's visit happened to be be when those stitches are removed from my incisions..... hence part 2 of my misery embarassed..... it depends on individual and their strengths .....

I'd say 3 months then the baby would start sleeping thru the night wink and the body will be back in shape .....

cooger's just bluffing ! what new mom will give you a BJ when she'll be busy siphoning mucus out of the baby's nose cheesy

Yes O I feel ur pain too. I had stitches for all 4 kids and it was worse for me than the labour itself I tell u. But like in the article I mentioned above suggested, lovemaking it not only the actual act, TLC is an integral part needed and if a man can smooch his wife she may oblige him and go d extra mile winkas in 'outercourse' as mentioned grin
Re: When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jan 02, 2013
smartmom:

Hey u dis gal, u have my sides aching kai!

Eoowww yucky undecided still hate that phase but thanks for educating the ignorant ones. It can linger longer at times sha

Lol @ the phrase. Just tried to use words everyone understands. cheesy

And you are right, it can last longer in some people but the usual time frame is what I mentioned.
Re: When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jan 02, 2013
smartmom:

Yes O I feel ur pain too. I had stitches for all 4 kids and it was worse for me than the labour itself I tell u. But like in the article I mentioned above suggested, lovemaking it not only the actual act, TLC is an integral part needed and if a man can smooch his wife she may oblige him and go d extra mile winkas in 'outercourse' as mentioned grin

embarassed

You guys are making me scared o, just to think that i have passed a phase, more difficult ones keep coming.

I miss my single life o. Chai!
Re: When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? by seasonedmom: 11:50pm On Jan 02, 2013
Vikin:

embarassed

You guys are making me scared o, just to think that i have passed a phase, more difficult ones keep coming.

Come on gal, u are more than able to cope. Chin up, u come fully equipped to cope. You will see, u will soon be advising d younger generations and be nodding ya head with d wisdom of experience. I shall pm u someday soon with some vital 1st birth advice.
Re: When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? by smartmom(f): 11:55pm On Jan 02, 2013
Vikin:

embarassed

No worry me dear. My deliveries were virtually painless and pretty short and not drug assisted. I shall share with u some of the experiences.
Re: When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? by Nobody: 12:09am On Jan 03, 2013
i will try.

Lord, pls in next world, let the Men carry the weight of child birth while we women be the bread winners and also make our hubby to work and support us. Amen!

1 Like

Re: When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? by dayokanu(m): 12:13am On Jan 03, 2013
Hmmm Na wa ooooo

1 Like

Re: When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? by Nobody: 12:34am On Jan 03, 2013
na wah for some men - don't people know that each woman is different.

I know women who have had serious tears and 6 months they have still not done anything.

as for CS - its took me 5 months to recover so what is with this 6 week figure people are banding around here.

some people are ready after 6 weeks some after 9 months - this is not really something people should be having e-fights over.

na wah - i wonder when people say "in sickness and in health" they really mean it
Re: When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? by ik121: 3:26am On Jan 03, 2013
I hd it wif my wife two days after my son's delivry, tho wit cd shaa... And nfana ibaga
Re: When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? by Nobody: 7:24am On Jan 03, 2013
some men cant even wait for 6weeks, dey wil start frowning, causing troubles, nagging n snapping @ every little thing
Re: When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? by RoyalRoy(m): 7:40am On Jan 03, 2013
Yuk-yuk-yuk.

To think of "hammering" a woman after child birth sounds "somehow" to me. I guess it will take me almost a year or some serious persuasion from her to start the horse ride.

Having all sort of "mental stress" thinking of it sef. I trust my "johnny" he won't even come for the party.....proud and corky thing.....norrin do u!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? by Nobody: 7:45am On Jan 03, 2013
coogar:

6 weeks?
why not carry a chainsaw and hack the woman to death? a woman is not ready 6 weeks after delivery unless you are insinuating women are domestic animals. anything between 9-12 months is the standard! the state of the sushi sef won't appeal to any man unless he's a räpist!
if she's the one dat want the se.x, will u reject it?
Re: When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:33am On Jan 03, 2013
smartmom:

No worry me dear. My deliveries were virtually painless and pretty short and not drug assisted. I shall share with u some of the experiences.

Smartmom,

Please do take time to share your childbirth experiences; I'm quite interested. Thanks!
Re: When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jan 03, 2013
Vikin:

Pls give us hint on what you where doing during this one full yr. Na hand job abi blow.jo.b.

We are here to learn and am interested! smiley

grin grin grin
Re: When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? by smartmom(f): 1:48pm On Jan 03, 2013
ferhyntorlah:

Smartmom,

Please do take time to share your childbirth experiences; I'm quite interested. Thanks!

I shall oblige asap. Its a bit lengthy read sha. It centres on faith and strenght of mind over body.
Re: When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? by pyyxxaro: 8:55am On Jan 04, 2013
Vikin:

Pls give us hint on what you where doing during this one full yr. Na hand job abi blow.jo.b.

We are here to learn and am interested! smiley

ALL THE SOAP FOR DAT HOUSE GO DON FINISH grin !!! PLS DONT TRY TETMOSOL or SODA grin
Re: When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? by Nobody: 9:46am On Jan 04, 2013
Once the lochia thing is gone,Am ready to resume intimacy.As for the stiches,I basically bleep them off.Painful yes,but not so bad.The stitches that won't be bleeped off will have to be loosened manually by hubby.We no fit wait unecessarily abeg but we dey take am small small.

Though I have heard of pelvic bone dislocation due to pressure.A friend of mine had to use crutches 2weeks after birth because she continued her usual household chores a day after delivery.I limped for a while after my second baby,probably because of his high birth weight.Maybe early resumption of intimacy can still cause a pelvic dislocation.

I ll advice new moms to wait for a minimum of three months and maximum of 3months +,the rest of the waiting is at your own risk.I don't suscribe to long waiting except in cases of complications after birth.Some women mischeviously indulge in this long waiting in a bid to punish their husbands for previous grievances not knowing that the easiest way to introduce the devil into your marriage is to intentionally starve him of his conjugal right.Resume as soon as your body resumes.

1 Like

Re: When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? by Nobody: 9:51am On Jan 04, 2013
Vikin: i will try.

Lord, pls in next world, let the Men carry the weight of child birth while we women be the bread winners and also make our hubby to work and support us. Amen!

Am really looking forward to this amazing new world.

1 Like

Re: When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? by Nobody: 10:59am On Jan 04, 2013
I choose to wait for good 2months before I go near her(my wife) again.
Re: When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? by slimyem: 11:06am On Jan 04, 2013
ik121: I hd it wif my wife two days after my son's delivry, tho wit cd shaa... And nfana ibaga
This is a joke...right?
Re: When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? by Nobody: 11:11am On Jan 04, 2013
slimyem: This is a joke...right?
It must be
Re: When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? by somebody(f): 11:16am On Jan 04, 2013
This shouldn't be a topic of debate. It should be when the Doctor advises it is safe. When I was leaving the hospital, it was among the do's and don'ts after discharge. Wait 6 weeks and if it doesn't feel right, come back to the hospital. It seems like in Nigeria, it is guess work - I see no reason why a doctor would not advise the couple as it seems a lot of people use guesswork to determine when to resume their sex life.

1 Like

Re: When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? by Bawss1(m): 9:19pm On Jan 05, 2013
Goodness.

Lochia?! Thank heavens I'm a man.

All the stuff women have to go through. Yuck!
Re: When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? by smartmom(f): 10:35pm On Jan 05, 2013
Bawss1: Goodness.

Lochia?! Thank heavens I'm a man.

All the stuff women have to go through. Yuck!
Yeah yeah its ok for u to say yuck to lochia, no worry u hear angry

1 Like

Re: When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? by smartmom(f): 10:40pm On Jan 05, 2013
byvan: Once the lochia thing is gone,Am ready to resume intimacy.As for the stiches,I basically bleep them off.Painful yes,but not so bad.The stitches that won't be bleeped off will have to be loosened manually by hubby.We no fit wait unecessarily abeg but we dey take am small small.

Though I have heard of pelvic bone dislocation due to pressure.A friend of mine had to use crutches 2weeks after birth because she continued her usual household chores a day after delivery.I limped for a while after my second baby,probably because of his high birth weight.Maybe early resumption of intimacy can still cause a pelvic dislocation.

I ll advice new moms to wait for a minimum of three months and maximum of 3months +,the rest of the waiting is at your own risk.I don't suscribe to long waiting except in cases of complications after birth.Some women mischeviously indulge in this long waiting in a bid to punish their husbands for previous grievances not knowing that the easiest way to introduce the devil into your marriage is to intentionally starve him of his conjugal right.Resume as soon as your body resumes.
Read th article here in childbirth :http://www.nigerianparentsforum.com/index.php/board,10.0.html
Its enlighting and insightful

1 Like

Re: When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? by enaye1(f): 1:07pm On Jan 09, 2013
Yeah sensible women (and sensible hubbies too wink) should be patient and grrraaaaadualy ease in to the love act for future sake pls.

Listen to our body, it will dictate the date to you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Legal Pistol In Nigeria / Women And Heavy Luggage! / 'I Am A White American That Married A Nigerian.' - Crystal Owonubi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.