Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,452 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? (4582 Views)

Bokoharam‬ Leader Shekau Alive And Well Did The Military Deceive Us? (pics) / Obasanjo Who Is He ? How Well Did He Perform? / Jarus' Exclusive Interview With Nuhu Ribadu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by babymama3: 10:21pm On Jan 02, 2013
But seriously Afam,you don't need to announce a ban on a thread and you don't need to explain anything further to the individuals on the thread
Anyone banned can see the reason attached,that would be it
Just ban the person and leave it at that
It is kinda embarrassing and infuriating to have one's ban announced

1 Like

Re: Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by Afam4eva(m): 10:22pm On Jan 02, 2013
babapupa:

Maybe what's trouble to you is not trouble to other people. Looks like you are getting to arbitrary and pointless with this banning thing. You are acting like s lil kid with a new toy.

I don't like the op and his usual rubbish including this thread, but that's his opinion. We don't need you waking around labeling people's opinion anyway you want and keep banning at will like a damn prosecutor, jury, judge and executioner.

If you don't slow your roll, you will kill this forum in no time.
Now, i see why those at the stock exchange were against Oteh and while the PHCN staff were against Nnaji.

I will continue banning trolls and tribalist because that's what the rule says. Nothing will change that.

It's people like you that are killing this forum.
Re: Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by Afam4eva(m): 10:24pm On Jan 02, 2013
baby_mama: But seriously Afam,you don't need to announce a ban on a thread
Just ban the person and leave it at that
It is kinda embarrassing and infuriating to have one's ban announced
That's the point. I want everyone on that thread to know who's been banned so that next time they'll desist from misbehaving.
Re: Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by babymama3: 10:25pm On Jan 02, 2013
afam4eva:
That's the point. I want everyone on that thread to know who's been banned so that next time they'll desist from misbehaving.

The day I decide to go Kung fu on somebody please don't announce that i have been caged so that my enemies won't rejoice over me angry

3 Likes

Re: Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jan 02, 2013
baby_mama:

The day I decide to go Kung fu on somebody please don't announce that i have been caged so that my enemies won't rejoice over me angry

I can't wait for that day...I will slaughter cow and cook rice to celebrate... grin

Where is my dinner?
Re: Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by jmaine: 10:27pm On Jan 02, 2013
baby_mama:

Afam indulges in Public caning . . . . .That's his own style . . .Spare the ban and spoil the board . . . .
Re: Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jan 02, 2013
afam4eva:
Now, i see why those at the stock exchange were against Oteh and while the PHCN staff were against Nnaji.

I will continue banning trolls and tribalist because that's what the rule says. Nothing will change that.

Agbara n'gun ee..! cheesy
Re: Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by jmaine: 10:29pm On Jan 02, 2013
Now let's get back to the thread . . . . . Jarus and Aisha2 . .all former hard core and ardent BB crew are gone . . . . Now that says a lot . . . .Life goes on . . . .
Re: Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by wesley80(m): 10:32pm On Jan 02, 2013
afam4eva:
Bros, do you mind? like seriously, you're ruining my thread. I'm sure you can do your JOB without being the ISSUE, can you? thanks.
Re: Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by Osiris211: 10:32pm On Jan 02, 2013
The so-called trouble makers are the real thing here.
Did you by any chance received ten commandments filled with "thou shall not sleep at night because am now a mod" ?

How de thing dey do you sef?

@ Topic

Every coward is now coming out to say what the " Scary Lillian" inside him wouldn't have allowed him to say.

What a pathetic cheap way to score a point by feasting on dead carcass. Smh!

afam4eva:
At times i wonder what some of you want. You can never be satisfied. Why should banning trouble makers be a problem to anyone? Our mentality in Nigeria has to change.
Re: Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by wesley80(m): 10:40pm On Jan 02, 2013
babapupa:
I don't like the op and his usual rubbish including this thread, but that's his opinion.
I didn't post this to please you, if you think its rubbish I'd love to hear your better retort. Please don't excuse your inability to string a coherent thought with a pathetic excuse.
Re: Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by babapupa: 10:40pm On Jan 02, 2013
afam4eva:

Stop getting defensive with your warped analogy.

This is politics section on an online forum, not some pointless and irrelevant stock exchange.

You are acting like a needless speed bump, you are messing with the flow if discussion, you are derailing threads all over the place with your unwanted and unwarranted attention. Right now, you are a thread and topic killer.

You are an attention seeker, not every topic is or should be about you.

1 Like

Re: Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by jmaine: 10:41pm On Jan 02, 2013
wesley80:
Bros, do you mind? like seriously, you're ruining my thread. I'm sure you can do your JOB without being the ISSUE, can you? thanks.

Exactly . .Sorry i joined in the party

Meanwhile bros Afam . .No dey do like Kenny Ogungbe wey dey like appear for every of him artist music video tongue . .( na the last joke be that 000)
Re: Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jan 02, 2013
Osiris.211:
The so-called trouble makers are the real thing here.
Did you by any chance received ten commandments filled with "thou shall not sleep at night because am now a mod" ?

How de thing dey do you sef?

BROS MI, abeg no kill me with laugh dis nite. Hehehehegrin
Re: Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by free13: 10:45pm On Jan 02, 2013
[/quote]I'd always felt you were biased against both the PDP govt. and Igbos and your conduct somewhat fueled my impression. I placed you somewhere between a shackled rabid bigot (shackled of course by your Modship) and a closet bigot content to let others do the open hating while you gloated from behind the curtains, what with the tacit endorsement you seemingly gave unrepentant bigots and no more than slaps on the wrist - when u bothered - you gave some notorious flouters of forum rules? Your stewardship appeared terribly skewed in favour of a section of forumites from a section of the country.[quote]

Well said.
one bigot down, how many more to go?
grin tongue grin
Re: Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by wesley80(m): 10:46pm On Jan 02, 2013
Osiris.211:

@ Topic

Every coward is now coming out to say what the " Scary Lillian" inside him wouldn't have allowed him to say.

You really are a "major league arssehole aren't you? Not that I take any glory in it, but take a look back at my posts and see I used to be one of the harshest critics of JARUS even though I must admit I pre-judgeed him in those early days. Get informed dude or die an eediot.
Re: Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by babymama3: 10:47pm On Jan 02, 2013
wesley80: Hehehe, I guess its time to examine the examiners LOL

Dear Jarus, first I'd love to specially thank you for not doing an "Aishatu" and saying goodbye to this forum, that no doubt would've robbed us of one of our best brains and "better persons" and no doubt denied us the depth of knowledge you bring to the table not just here in the Politics section but in other sections as well where I've personally benefitted immensely from your contributions, I hope you keep your word - thanks in advance.
Seeing however that the die is cast and the deed is done and all that's left is for us all to reflect on what was and what might have been, I wonder if your reaction to @PointB's criticisms in your farewell thread is a pointer to your disposition to having a huge ego trip where folks line up to "dobale" and tell you how wonderful your "tenure" was (inevitably I should add) rather than a time to do all that and as well entertain some useful and constructive criticisms in your interest and ours ( Nairalands and her users)? I believe you'd go for the latter, No? Well here are mine anyway drawing from your initial 5 point agenda on your farewell thread.
I'd always felt you were biased against both the PDP govt. and Igbos and your conduct somewhat fueled my impression. I placed you somewhere between a shackled rabid bigot (shackled of course by your Modship) and a closet bigot content to let others do the open hating while you gloated from behind the curtains, what with the tacit endorsement you seemingly gave unrepentant bigots and no more than slaps on the wrist - when u bothered - you gave some notorious flouters of forum rules? Your stewardship appeared terribly skewed in favour of a section of forumites from a section of the country.
As time went by and I read more and more about your thoughts, most of my views about you relaxed and I learnt to excuse some of your perceived failures as mere "human" rather than personal but somehow, I couldn't totally shake off the idea that there had to be a semblance of bigotry locked in somewhere within you, you basked so much in the noxious glory of bigots not to have some yourself and Nairaland as a forum paid for it during your stewardship. Maybe there was a time the battle against ethnic bashing was a success - a distant memory now - but like the proverbial masquerade that did the near perfect dance but landed on his left foot, he had to be jeered! Moral of the story - Finish Well. No sir, your battle with ethnic hatred and bigotry was a failure - sorry.

As concerning your Hall of Fame / Hall of Shame initiative that turned into a fiasco, I thought it was a noble idea but very very poorly managed. Its mode of operation allowed it inevitably to become a tool in the hands of a section of people on this forum - a weakness that should've been foreseen from the outset but ignored even in the light of its derailment simply because it played into the hands of a "section of people" and you had to gloat! A system that throws up Achebe as a candidate for Hall of Shame REGARDLESS of any controversy he might have generated had to be fundamentally flawed, how you of all people couldn't see that fuels my "semblance of bigotry" theory. An impartial Mod would've picked a panel of respected forumites (which we aren't lacking BTW) to come up with a shortlist of candidates from nominated people to be voted for or some other remedy since the original system had proven to be corrupt - You didn't. Hall of Shame / Hall of Fame, Thumbs down Jarus.

Next to the Grand Debates, wow! they've been awesome! Really really awesome, I guess - I've never followed any (my loss I know) I've always felt it could be more, I mean much more. Here's an extract from a review of the just ended Chinese year from the BBC:

m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-20765530

I wasn't expecting Chinese-sized scandals but I expected an effort from you - and us. I thought the FOI bill was a goldmine and I thought with you at the helm we could harvest it but slowly and surely, the euphoria tapered off and docility and vapid cyber chants have once again taken root. Where are the NL organized information demands and thousands - signed petitions? Of course I know you don't run NL on your own but I can't help but think we've lost a huge opportunity with you stepping down. With due respect to OAMJ4 (Bros abeg find name wey u go answer) and Afam, I do not see either with your "clout". OAMJ seems too detached from the Nigerian reality and Afam, I'm yet to be convinced he can transform being seemingly overzealous to being a great Mod, I don't know how he manages being an active poster in over 10 NL sections without losing some essence, Not even Kobojunkie at her height could manage it! You see Jarus, as a Mod you weren't a "Ghost" like others you were a real person we could relate with and you could get others to listen because of your great personality. All that seems lost now.
While Afams ascension to the throne of "power" seems great in various ways - at least now the other set of bigots can feel the paranoia the other set have felt all these while, I hope he learns from you and does a tad better but meanwhile, I can't help but feel Jarus has left without truly realizing his and helping NL realize her potential, and that's just erm well, sad!

I enjoyed reading this piece
I was equally disappointed how he handled the Achebe stuff knowing fully well that the only people who would vote on such a divisive poll were his tribesmen
He also hurriedly deleted the posts of anyone that expressed disgust in that process
His tribesmen ,the bigots amongst them had a field day on that thread
Was that not enough for a fair minded person which he claims to be to see that the motives were not right?
If Awolowo was on that ballot,I am certain,Yorubas would feel exactly the way we felt
There was nothing democratic in that,it was all ethnically based and motivated
As a moderator he shouldn't have sat to moderate a clearly divisive ballot without regards to the sensitivity of a large number in the forum,hiding under the cover of democracy which it clearly wasn't.
He didn't handle that well and I am glad the site administrator stepped in to squash that nonsense
Soldier go,soldier come,barrack go still remain

4 Likes

Re: Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by Osiris211: 10:49pm On Jan 02, 2013
Damn! Man you are so cold shocked shocked shocked

jmaine:

Exactly . .Sorry i joined in the party

Meanwhile bros Afam . .No dey do like Kenny Ogungbe wey dey like appear for every of him artist music video tongue . .( na the last joke be that 000)

Abeg allow the "jambito" to feel at home with his JJC things. Pikin way talk say im mama no go sleep, na for where in own sleep go come?
Re: Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jan 02, 2013
See how some Jarus haters dey gloat and gallivanting all over here...

#SMH
Re: Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by wesley80(m): 10:50pm On Jan 02, 2013
Osiris.211:

@ Topic

You really are a "major league arssehole aren't you? Not that I take any glory in it, but take a look back at my posts and see I used to be one of the harshest critics of JARUS even though I must admit I pre-judgeed him in those early days. Get informed dude or die an eediot.
Re: Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by free13: 10:51pm On Jan 02, 2013
baby_mama:

I enjoyed reading this piece
I was equally disappointed how he handled the Achebe stuff knowing fully well that the only people who would vote on such a divisive poll were his tribesmen
If Awolowo was on that ballot,I am certain,Yorubas would feel exactly the way we felt
There was nothing democratic in that,it was all ethnically based and motivated
As a moderator he shouldn't have sat to moderate a clearly divisive ballot without regards to the sensitivity of a large number in the forum,hiding under the banner of democracy which it clearly wasn't.
He didn't handle that well and I am glad the site administrator stepped in to squash that nonsense
Soldier go,soldier one,barrack go still remain

He will not be missed.
He was closet bigot.
Re: Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jan 02, 2013
Am I the only who thinks blyss4life free13 needs to get a freaking life?? undecided undecided
Re: Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by Osiris211: 10:59pm On Jan 02, 2013
I must have cut a raw nerves here.

Abeg, make I comot from this "Tinuke and friends" wimpy pants wearing cry babies. smh!

wesley80:

2 Likes

Re: Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by wesley80(m): 11:04pm On Jan 02, 2013
Osiris.211:
I must have cut a raw nerves here.

Abeg, make I comot from this "Tinuke and friends" wimpy pants wearing cry babies. smh!

Remind me please, who mentioned "cowards" tongue ?
Re: Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by Osiris211: 11:05pm On Jan 02, 2013
Nah, I can only kill you with that long long 14 inches snake cool

berem: BROS MI, abeg no kill me with laugh dis nite. Hehehehegrin
Re: Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jan 02, 2013
My regular username has been uncaged
To God be the glory
grin
I feel like my regular self now
Re: Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jan 02, 2013
Osiris.211:
Nah, I can only kill you with that long long 14 inches snake cool

lol! You too much! cheesy
Re: Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jan 02, 2013
Berem why are there men all around you on every thread
You do them " boys follow me"
Re: Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by babapupa: 11:12pm On Jan 02, 2013
wesley80: I didn't post this to please you, if you think its rubbish I'd love to hear your better retort. Please don't excuse your inability to string a coherent thought with a pathetic excuse.

The fact that you are entitled to your rubbish doesn't mean I have to like your rubbish. Please get over yourself and pay attention to your topic before it gets derailed.
Re: Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by Osiris211: 11:12pm On Jan 02, 2013
. . .and you lost the other font colour? embarassed Why?? ?

That colour reminds me of the colour of something I like licking with the tip of my tonque between the two laps shocked shocked shocked

babyosisi: My regular username has been uncaged
To God be the glory
grin
I feel like my regular self now
Re: Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by Jarus(m): 11:12pm On Jan 02, 2013
wesley80: Hehehe, I guess its time to examine the examiners LOL

Dear Jarus, first I'd love to specially thank you for not doing an "Aishatu" and saying goodbye to this forum, that no doubt would've robbed us of one of our best brains and "better persons" and no doubt denied us the depth of knowledge you bring to the table not just here in the Politics section but in other sections as well where I've personally benefitted immensely from your contributions, I hope you keep your word - thanks in advance.
Seeing however that the die is cast and the deed is done and all that's left is for us all to reflect on what was and what might have been, I wonder if your reaction to @PointB's criticisms in your farewell thread is a pointer to your disposition to having a huge ego trip where folks line up to "dobale" and tell you how wonderful your "tenure" was (inevitably I should add) rather than a time to do all that and as well entertain some useful and constructive criticisms in your interest and ours ( Nairalands and her users)? I believe you'd go for the latter, No? Well here are mine anyway drawing from your initial 5 point agenda on your farewell thread.
I'd always felt you were biased against both the PDP govt. and Igbos and your conduct somewhat fueled my impression. I placed you somewhere between a shackled rabid bigot (shackled of course by your Modship) and a closet bigot content to let others do the open hating while you gloated from behind the curtains, what with the tacit endorsement you seemingly gave unrepentant bigots and no more than slaps on the wrist - when u bothered - you gave some notorious flouters of forum rules? Your stewardship appeared terribly skewed in favour of a section of forumites from a section of the country.
As time went by and I read more and more about your thoughts, most of my views about you relaxed and I learnt to excuse some of your perceived failures as mere "human" rather than personal but somehow, I couldn't totally shake off the idea that there had to be a semblance of bigotry locked in somewhere within you, you basked so much in the noxious glory of bigots not to have some yourself and Nairaland as a forum paid for it during your stewardship. Maybe there was a time the battle against ethnic bashing was a success - a distant memory now - but like the proverbial masquerade that did the near perfect dance but landed on his left foot, he had to be jeered! Moral of the story - Finish Well. No sir, your battle with ethnic hatred and bigotry was a failure - sorry.

As concerning your Hall of Fame / Hall of Shame initiative that turned into a fiasco, I thought it was a noble idea but very very poorly managed. Its mode of operation allowed it inevitably to become a tool in the hands of a section of people on this forum - a weakness that should've been foreseen from the outset but ignored even in the light of its derailment simply because it played into the hands of a "section of people" and you had to gloat! A system that throws up Achebe as a candidate for Hall of Shame REGARDLESS of any controversy he might have generated had to be fundamentally flawed, how you of all people couldn't see that fuels my "semblance of bigotry" theory. An impartial Mod would've picked a panel of respected forumites (which we aren't lacking BTW) to come up with a shortlist of candidates from nominated people to be voted for or some other remedy since the original system had proven to be corrupt - You didn't. Hall of Shame / Hall of Fame, Thumbs down Jarus.

Next to the Grand Debates, wow! they've been awesome! Really really awesome, I guess - I've never followed any (my loss I know) I've always felt it could be more, I mean much more. Here's an extract from a review of the just ended Chinese year from the BBC:

m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-20765530

I wasn't expecting Chinese-sized scandals but I expected an effort from you - and us. I thought the FOI bill was a goldmine and I thought with you at the helm we could harvest it but slowly and surely, the euphoria tapered off and docility and vapid cyber chants have once again taken root. Where are the NL organized information demands and thousands - signed petitions? Of course I know you don't run NL on your own but I can't help but think we've lost a huge opportunity with you stepping down. With due respect to OAMJ4 (Bros abeg find name wey u go answer) and Afam, I do not see either with your "clout". OAMJ seems too detached from the Nigerian reality and Afam, I'm yet to be convinced he can transform being seemingly overzealous to being a great Mod, I don't know how he manages being an active poster in over 10 NL sections without losing some essence, Not even Kobojunkie at her height could manage it! You see Jarus, as a Mod you weren't a "Ghost" like others you were a real person we could relate with and you could get others to listen because of your great personality. All that seems lost now.
While Afams ascension to the throne of "power" seems great in various ways - at least now the other set of bigots can feel the paranoia the other set have felt all these while, I hope he learns from you and does a tad better but meanwhile, I can't help but feel Jarus has left without truly realizing his and helping NL realize her potential, and that's just erm well, sad!

Thanks for the kind words and the knocks. I have just one to react to and it's simply thus:

If I ever used my position to the disadvantage of any tribe, may God's curse be upon me!

I actually don't reply this ethnic bigotry thing because it is very petty to me, and by my upbringing, if I have a clear conscience about something, no weight of accusation can move me. That was my moving spirit. Imagine when the poster of the year election was about to be rounded up and my attention was called to the fact that one of the top 3 nominees, who happened to be Igbo only by co-incidence, had been banned in the year, I laboured assidiously underground with other NL authorities to get a waiver for him. I can post the emails I sent here, asking that we waive the rule for him, but I was convinced that we should uphold the rule for posterity sake. Imagine the same people I worked assidiously to get waiver for underground, coming to say I was behind the person's plight because he was igbo. How petty! How ignorant! Ikm mentioning this for the first time in the open forum. I just decided to ignore because I have avery thick skin against false allegations - on Nairaland and beyond!

I'm privy to other info, including how some people sent mail to Seun begging for moderator quota etc. I just feel the environment is becoming too dirty for me to work, although I had thrown in the towel at least twice in the past for other reasons.

But ultimately, I believe we should let this go. It is a matter of soldier go, soldier come, barrack go remain. It is not possible for anyone to be here forever. Just not possible. In fact, I gave to Nairaland for free perhaps what is more than what I gave to my employers that pay me more than half a million per month. Call that anything you want to call it, but definitely when I'm convinced about something, I don't look back.

3 Likes

Re: Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by theripper: 11:14pm On Jan 02, 2013
See all dem tribalists on Afam's dickkkkkk, choi, democracy make sense, when their broda dey there, dem b dey run mouth like say dem get diarrhoea, now Afam don show, some MuMU dey complain pass pregnant woman.

The last rule still stand sha, if u no like politics section because of afam, go meet sexkillz, justwise or siena and other wonderful mods, na by force to dey here.

Afam, no need to dey warn any bagger, whoever mess up, send am ban, if I mess up sef, ban me. Though I no consider here as workshop like some Jobless Mumu for here sha. Kachi fo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Private Sector Takes Over Power Sector, As PHCN Ceases To Exist / Iraq/syria ISIS ISLAMISTS - Islamic State Of Maghreb Will Include NIGERIA! / Finally Revealed!! Jonathan Is Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.