Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? (4584 Views)

Bokoharam‬ Leader Shekau Alive And Well Did The Military Deceive Us? (pics) / Obasanjo Who Is He ? How Well Did He Perform? / Jarus' Exclusive Interview With Nuhu Ribadu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jan 03, 2013
ypzilanti: Thanks, @Jmaine and @texazzpete.

The same @desola person began a tribal war over a thread concerning Xmas decorations in Lagos State. I think it was Naptu2 that started a thread about Christmas decorations in Lagos, and @desola's contribution was to immediately imply that Igbo's were in some way unhappy about the Xmas decorations. Of course some Igbo's took the bait, and the thread was immediately destroyed: it became over 7 pages of abuses and curses. The original poster, naptu, kept struggling to redirect the thread to it's original purpose.

I'm happy the site owner is finally clamping down on the tribal warlords. You cannot be too complacent in business. Especially in e-business. There is always some young geek somewhere that may have his sights on creating a better website. If the site becomes offensive to the majority members who are normal peaceloving people, you may begin to slowly lose patronage. The bigots that started the problems will casually move on too.

In the short term, the tribal wars generate traffic, but it is disastrous in the long term. You cannot run a business where the majority of your customers are dissatisfied with your services, but only come to you because you are the best on offer at the moment. If you do so, it means that as soon as a better alternative is produced, you will face a huge loss of customers.

It was getting to a point where I dreaded clicking on some certain headlines, because i knew i would immediately be assaulted with tribal bickering. That is definitely not what I come to the politics section for. I want to engage with people who do not share the same political beliefs as i do like @sincerenigerian. I want learn something new from @naptu2, or agree or disagree with @gbawe on some political points. Imagine that at a time we had a frontpage thread asking 'what tribe do you like best and why' what good can such a question serve? To promote stereotypes?

The bigots can have a section where they can go and abuse each other to feel better about themselves. I certainly dont want to be assaulted with their rubbish talk when socializing on Nairaland.

+1000000000000...this is the type of people that can help ban bigots to oblivion...well said

1 Like

Re: Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by texazzpete(m): 3:39pm On Jan 03, 2013
ilugunboy: Some of us take this forum way too serious for my rational understanding..

This is the 'Politics' section...and you're surprised serious discourse sometimes pops up here?

There's the Romance and Jokes section too, you know cheesy
Re: Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jan 03, 2013
texazzpete:

This is the 'Politics' section...and you're surprised serious discourse sometimes pops up here?

There's the Romance and Jokes section too, you know cheesy

Tex..what am saying in essence is how some are not ready to agree to disagree.
In real life, politics entail lot of compromise here and there. But here, guys are ready straight away to abuse anyone that don't agree with their opinion and thinking.

We all come from different backgrounds and exposure...which essentially shape our outlook towards life...appreciating that and accommodating other people opinion even when we don't share the same in essence is the ultimate ideal way to live a long and fulfilling life.
Re: Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jan 03, 2013
Dr. Wise:

Wonders shall never cease! See who is talking about bigotry. As a neutral myself, I'm appalled at the level a female would degenerate all because of ethnic chauvinism. If you are married, your husband must really be contending with a lot.

Bros, even me tire for the Desola girl ooo
Re: Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jan 03, 2013
lipsrsealed
Re: Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jan 03, 2013
babapupa:

Stop getting defensive with your warped analogy.

This is politics section on an online forum, not some pointless and irrelevant stock exchange.

You are acting like a needless speed bump, you are messing with the flow if discussion, you are derailing threads all over the place with your unwanted and unwarranted attention. Right now, you are a thread and topic killer.

You are an attention seeker, not every topic is or should be about you.

@Afam4ever: Now, youve been banned for 45days.
Re: Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by keishik: 5:06pm On Jan 03, 2013
Desola:

Contrary to popular belief, I actually do not take Nairaland seriously at all and in as much as I would defend my Yoruba culture and heritage both on-line and off it, I would not discriminate against anyone on a mater of race or gender. I long for equity and fairness even though that side of me might not come afore on this forum. However, I want you to be rest assured that my perceived dislike for your people is not all that I am about - hard as it might be to believe.
Wonders they say shall never cease, seems its going to be a good year.

1 Like

Re: Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by wesley80(m): 5:12pm On Jan 03, 2013
^ Just the scourge of our time feeling a pang of guilt. Anyway just walkering pass.
Re: Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by phantom(m): 6:15pm On Jan 03, 2013
Desola:

I have said all that needed to be said.

For your own good and that of others who might have reasonable contributions to make to your disguised cursing exercise, I would advise you not to make any further reference to me either by quote or the mention of my moniker. Otherwise, I would not be so kind. A word is enough...
o please make i hear word.if you were my sister i for don meet your husband return your bride price plus pay am on top for the obvious inconveniences.
undecided

3 Likes

Re: Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jan 03, 2013
Zero tolerance to ethnic jabs must be enforced
From all quarters,squash the perpetrator(s)
You could be the Lolo of your village and the kola nut server at your state shrine ,good for you
Your pride in your ethnicity and stupidity are at two opposite poles
You couldn't get a prouder Igbowoman than yours truly but since the moderators agree that people should make their posts centered on a subject,let us all tow that line
That is my preference
Infact I have a thread advocating that
NL like it Was in 2006 and 2007
But once a loose cannon is left unchecked,it doesn't take time for those who have vowed to let the sleeping dogs lie to take off the gloves for a slugfest and the place degenerates into an agboro convention.The place should rise and stay above that.
So far the section has been free of ethnic jabs save one occasional angry woman and her anti Igbo rhetorics
Zero tolerance I say.

MOderators please make that happen.
Happy New year again
Re: Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jan 03, 2013
Desola:

I have said all that needed to be said.

For your own good and that of others who might have reasonable contributions to make to your disguised cursing exercise, I would advise you not to make any further reference to me either by quote or the mention of my moniker. Otherwise, I would not be so kind. A word is enough...

Why have you chosen to lead a sad life?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2015: SE,SS, MB, South Kaduna, All N Christians, Igbos In SW Versus NW, SW & NE / Christian Association Of Nigeria Political Agenda That Must Not Fly / Ebonyi state, on its way to extinction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.