Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,738 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States (9494 Views)

Ndigbo Demand 2 More States In The South-East / More States Evacuate Indigenes From Maiduguri •as Mend Threatens To Resume / We Are Creating More States - Ekweremadu (Senate VP) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by DuduNegro: 1:51am On Jan 04, 2013
afam4eva:
First you said you didn't throw any insults and when i proved to you on your request that you did, you're telling me to mind my business. Your business on this section is my business. If it's a normal thing between you and Ngodiga to exchange insults then send it through his mail and he will reciprocate. There are rules that are meant to followed. Failure to follow them religiously will get you banned.

you want to have a bad start as a mod. i need a definition of what you term "insults". you want to create a plastic envinronment, totally formal and stiff. that's counter to the demands of human interaction for fluidity and expression.

who in here is offended by that quoted statement, beside afam?

you want trouble? angry
Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by deekseen(m): 2:34am On Jan 04, 2013
afam4eva: Where's the population coming from? Are Ijaws up to 3million in population?

Guy, if you don't have anything meaningful to contribute just read on abeg. What is the population of Bayelsa state? 3000?

I don't even know why these tribalists keep meddling in the affairs of Ijaw. We know how to fight our own war, when we have one to fight. Your individual tribes are not one yet, you guys should use your propaganda and postulations to unite your tribes. Leave good old Ijaw alone, stop the segregation. If Ijaws came with a different skin colour you guys would have turned racists.
Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by Onlytruth(m): 5:51am On Jan 04, 2013
Abagworo:

I am only a Nigerianist and if you also observe, I am a defender of Igbo when we are attacked by anybody. I am pro-Igbo and pro-Nigeria. I love justice and equity. Igbo, Yoruba, Ijaw or whatever we call them are not one people in any way. We all existed as different people bearing the names of our different groups until recent years started by the coming of the white men. The Ijaw I wrote about existed as different groups too. Same with Yoruba and Igbo.

I ignored that "Ijawcitizen" of a guy because he's not Ijaw. There's ow11, Ibime and Kiwi that I know.

My friend stop this inane line of trying to change the issue. I can almost bet you that you are not more pro-Nigeria than myself. In my hometown, I bet you that you will struggle to find anything other than hardcore Nigerians there because Nigeria favors us a whole lot. We can spread our wings to all the nooks of Nigeria and make hay FULLY; so stop this self deceiving habit of trying to paint yourself more Nigerian than even those with arguably bigger stake in it. lol
I am only incensed of the fact that you find more time to muddle into Ijaw Nigerian problems more than the Ijaw themselves. It brings shame to the rest of us who share "Igbo" with you. I'm saying all these to at least let the Ijaw know that most of us Igbo don't give a flying fk about their problems in Nigeria. They should solve them by themselves. They don't need us, and we don't need them either. lol.
After Jonathan, (whose actions have been more Igbo than Ijaw), we shall all return to our natural habitats. cool

3 Likes

Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by musiwa11: 6:07am On Jan 04, 2013
ijaw people have no population to have another state.
Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by Abagworo(m): 7:27am On Jan 04, 2013
Onlytruth:

I'm saying all these to at least let the Ijaw know that most of us Igbo don't give a flying fk about their problems in Nigeria. They should solve them by themselves. They don't need us, and we don't need them either. lol.
After Jonathan, (whose actions have been more Igbo than Ijaw), we shall all return to our natural habitats. cool

I do give a fvck about us all. It is my individual view and not Igbo view. Anybody calling my view an "igbo view" is only trying to make me a mouthpiece of the entire Igbos which I'm not. Nigerians are generally insane in my understanding because they seem to attach tribe to everything including when an individual makes a personal observation. For example when I condemned Peter Obi's decision of refusing to borrow and work, some people from Anambra started attacking Imo State. I did not condemn Peter Obi as a man nor Anambra but Peter Obi's action and I am not the mouthpiece of Imo State either.

In essence Abagworo's statements is no way near a representation of a consensus reached by the entire Igbo ethnic group or any other organization.
Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by DuduNegro: 7:33am On Jan 04, 2013
onlytruth,

what a shame! you are very insensitive to the ijaw cause. you cant talk about minorities like that, please be sensitive and show some empathy. the oil produced in igbo states is not the major revenue generator for the nation , your oil is piped for internal consumption. the coastal oil fields is where we get exports and those fields are in their lands. we must treat ijaw with glove hands. i suggest you and dede both go for sensitivity training and learn to be humble on minority issues.
Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by DuduNegro: 7:52am On Jan 04, 2013
abagworo,

nairaland was created for the various ethnic groups to come together online and accomplish a virtual unity that in reality could not be achieved through nysc or wazobia and many other civic programmes envisioned to erase our differences but as we have seen, even online we remain disunited. nothing can dissolve the distinctly hardcore nature of our beings and the desire to remain passionately attached to them. nigeria is a mirage in the sandy desert......we continually thirst for a refreshing relief that is both illusive and elusive. my brother, camp your tent with ya people. onlytruth has allowed his mind to be corrupted by dede the madman, they lack tolerance for personal views outside biafran cause.
Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by Sealeddeal(m): 7:54am On Jan 04, 2013
Equality in states creation is based on geopolitical zones and not tribes.The only zone that need a state now is South East zone.Every nigerian should be more interested on how a new state will be created in SE zone.
Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by Onlytruth(m): 8:15am On Jan 04, 2013
Abagworo:

I do give a fvck about us all. It is my individual view and not Igbo view. Anybody calling my view an "igbo view" is only trying to make me a mouthpiece of the entire Igbos which I'm not. Nigerians are generally insane in my understanding because they seem to attach tribe to everything including when an individual makes a personal observation. For example when I condemned Peter Obi's decision of refusing to borrow and work, some people from Anambra started attacking Imo State. I did not condemn Peter Obi as a man nor Anambra but Peter Obi's action and I am not the mouthpiece of Imo State either.

In essence Abagworo's statements is no way near a representation of a consensus reached by the entire Igbo ethnic group or any other organization.

Nobody said you were speaking for Ndigbo. Duh! undecided
You are speaking for yourself, but the people you are speaking about (Ijaw) see you as another Igbo trying to tell them how to solve their own problems. Your argument is very hollow my friend, and we have seen it before.
We saw it in January 1966 when some deluded young Igbo officers thought they had to come to the rescue of another tribe, and in the process only attracted mass murder to the rest of their own brothers Ndigbo.
I bet you that when they were planning that coup, they were thinking exactly like you. They thought they were acting for themselves as Nigerians, but the rest of us died (and are still being suspected by other Nigerians) because of it.
So, I have every right as an individual Igbo son to call you to order.
I speak for MYSELF. I am no longer Eze, remember. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by Onlytruth(m): 8:20am On Jan 04, 2013
Dudu_Negro: onlytruth,

what a shame! you are very insensitive to the ijaw cause. you cant talk about minorities like that, please be sensitive and show some empathy. the oil produced in igbo states is not the major revenue generator for the nation , your oil is piped for internal consumption. the coastal oil fields is where we get exports and those fields are in their lands. we must treat ijaw with glove hands. i suggest you and dede both go for sensitivity training and learn to be humble on minority issues.

My friend what are you yapping about? I am saying my mind as ordinary Nigerian citizen. You can treat Ijaw any way you like, afterall you are the parasite, not Moi. cool
I don't depend on any oil from anywhere. I am determined to knock it into any concerned Ijaw ear that everyone is for himself in Nigeria, and I love it that way. cool
Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by DuduNegro: 8:33am On Jan 04, 2013
onlytruth,

there is no parasite in nigeria. look at what happened to bakassi people.....they kept hollering that they were marginalised and wanted autonomy, well when they were let go then they lamented that nigeria did not protect them. so we must protect ijaw. if you recall, this whole shenanigan called nigeria started with a different kind of protection treaty . its been over 100yrs but nothing has changed. so ijaw has to be protected and not treated harshly.

yeah, i agree this country need to kick the bucket so everyone face home.
Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by DuduNegro: 8:39am On Jan 04, 2013
Onlytruth:

Nobody said you were speaking for Ndigbo. Duh! undecided
You are speaking for yourself, but the people you are speaking about (Ijaw) see you as another Igbo trying to tell them how to solve their own problems. Your argument is very hollow my friend, and we have seen it before.
We saw it in January 1966 when some deluded insane young Igbo officers thought they had to come to the rescue of another tribe, and in the process only attracted mass murder to the rest of their own brothers Ndigbo.
I bet you that when they were planning that coup, they were thinking exactly like you. They thought they were acting for themselves as Nigerians, but the rest of us died (and are still being suspected by other Nigerians) because of it.
So, I have every right as an individual Igbo son to call you to order.
I speak for MYSELF. I am no longer Eze, remember. undecided

you see, fear suck your tongue you no fit call the "y" word. coward!
Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by Onlytruth(m): 8:45am On Jan 04, 2013
Dudu_Negro: onlytruth,

there is no parasite in nigeria. look at what happened to bakassi people.....they kept hollering that they were marginalised and wanted autonomy, well when they were let go then they lamented that nigeria did not protect them. so we must protect ijaw. if you recall, this whole shenanigan called nigeria started with a different kind of protection treaty . its been over 100yrs but nothing has changed. so ijaw has to be protected and not treated harshly.

yeah, i agree this country need to kick the bucket so everyone face home.

Ijaw does not need protection from anybody. I believe that Nigeria needs protection, but the way it happens is what is debatable. I no longer support ( I have since stopped anyway) the disintegration of Nigeria. I believe that Nigeria can do BIG things if a guy with balls show up at Aso rock.

Let me just say this. I don't know why it has not happened yet, but I personally believe that Nigeria needs a true visionary revolutionary who would rule by decree and forcefully conquer and assimilate (one country after the other) the whole of the African continent, or at least the whole of west Africa.
Call me a mad man, but I am entitled to my hubris, afterall is it not in Nairaland that a minority tribe of about 4 million, became a tribe of 14 million, thanks to Abagworo's statistics. lol cheesy
Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by Onlytruth(m): 8:50am On Jan 04, 2013
Dudu_Negro:

you see, fear suck your tongue you no fit call the "y" word. coward!

I don't want to be tied down to an assinine location that achieves nothing. You want to start another nonsense exchange; dude this is 2013.
I am angry that those boys did not conquer Yorubaland, and then move to the North and also conquer it, and then continue till they conquered west Africa, defeating any foreign force that intervenes in the process.
Nigeria needs men like me. cool
Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by DuduNegro: 8:55am On Jan 04, 2013
we shall see how pro nigerian you are in 2015.

first and foremost, you will need ijaw so treat them kindly, they are your neighbors. besides, you need an alliance with them for access to sea. ijaw is endangered so we need to empathize with them.
Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by DuduNegro: 8:57am On Jan 04, 2013
Onlytruth:

I don't want to be tied down to an assinine location that achieves nothing. You want to start another nonsense exchange; dude this is 2013.
I am angry that those boys did not conquer Yorubaland, and then move to the North and also conquer it, and then continue till they conquered west Africa, defeating any foreign force that intervenes in the process.
Nigeria needs men like me. cool

which boys, your insane brothers plotting coup or ojukwu boys planting foreign flag in peoples land?
Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by Onlytruth(m): 9:02am On Jan 04, 2013
Dudu_Negro: we shall see how pro nigerian you are in 2015.

first and foremost, you will need ijaw so treat them kindly, they are your neighbors. besides, you need an alliance with them for access to sea. ijaw is endangered so we need to empathize with them.

Let me tell you the groups I need in Nigeria to do what I want.
I need Anioma Igbo, Urhobo, Edo/Ishan, Igala, Benue state, Plateau state, and parts of Taraba state. Then I would add the core North afterwards (much later).
The rest of Nigerians will follow whereever we head in the conquest quest.
Nigeria needs an identity. There is none yet.
I don't see why we should be carrying the military burden of west Africa, yet we don't rule them. undecided
Anyway, this is just an illustration for you. As you can see, Ijaw is my least concern.
Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by Onlytruth(m): 9:06am On Jan 04, 2013
Dudu_Negro:

which boys, your insane brothers plotting coup or ojukwu boys planting foreign flag in peoples land?

In my book, they were only insane because they did not completely conquer and forcefully unite west Africa. They didn't even complete a local coup. lol
Nna I don't have time for insane fixation on ONE issue.
You can stay there and wait for who is interested to argue with you on your favorite Igbo/Yoruba chicken fights. It ain't me bro. wink
Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by DuduNegro: 9:12am On Jan 04, 2013
lmao@onlytruth. grin

why are you fantasizing about overruning the land? anioma is the weakest in that group and they have been weakened even further by demanding to have a state. you are uncollaborative, so how would you succeed in convincing distant plateau and taraba to join you when you cannlt win hearts in nearby ijawland?
Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by Onlytruth(m): 9:21am On Jan 04, 2013
Dudu_Negro: lmao@onlytruth. grin

why are you fantasizing about overruning the land? anioma is the weakest in that group and they have been weakened even further by demanding to have a state. you are uncollaborative, so how would you succeed in convincing distant plateau and taraba to join you when you cannlt win hearts in nearby ijawland?

You have exhibited the highest level of ignorance of Nigerian internal groupings. Anyway, the main reason I chose them is because they are uniquely positioned as Igbo with special links and understanding with Edo/Ishan/Urhobo ( I particularly like those groups). As for the second bolded, it has happened before. I personally believe that someone from these groups other than Anioma (for being Igbo) should lead such revolution, and then use the smartest military mind around to create a nation out of west Africa.
It is possible over a period of time. The idea is not tribalist; so stop thinking about Igbo this, Yoruba that.
Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by Onlytruth(m): 9:24am On Jan 04, 2013
@Negro, I believe I have made my point about Ijaw being my least concern.
So, I'm moving on. cool
Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by ow11(m): 9:35am On Jan 04, 2013
Another thread about Ijaw with a lot more Igbo bigots commenting and venting their spleen about what they don't know. The civil war loss has spoilt some people's farm land grab (Cross River) and oil block grab (RV, BY and AK) plans. I am not surprised.

Nigeria needs states based upon ethnic groups simple. If the states are not viable, they can merge with like minded ethnic groups to form a super state. Of course, the Igbos would always be avoided by all and sundry.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by Omen100(m): 9:46am On Jan 04, 2013
Prof Corruption: The former Eastern Region has been balkanised to nine states: Abia, Anambra, Imo, Enugu, Ebonyi, Rivers, Akwa-Ibom, Cross Rivers and Bayelsa.
The then Western Region including federal capital territory is divided into eight states: Edo, Delta, Lagos, Ogun, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti and Ondo .
Justice demands a state be created from the Western Front to balance the equation. There is nothing wrong in having an[b] Itsekri State[/b] carve out of present day Delta State. Or we go back to regionalism with six geo-political zones running as federating units.

corrupt, i won't join issues with you based on the bolded & the fact that, i don't want the poster to achieve the aim of his post.
Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by ijawcitizen(m): 11:26am On Jan 04, 2013
Having read through all the comments posted since my last visit, I don't know why certain people still want me to comment on this unintellectual discussion.

@Ngodigha &co.
I've some more important business to take care of rather that coming down here every minute to engage in some silly beer parlour talk with people who know nothing about Ijaws.

SOME HEADS UP ON WHY BAYELSA STATE & OTHER IJAW AREA ARE SPARSELY POPULATED- Of all the notable Ijaw people you know today, how many of them grew up and schooled in ijawland.

How many good schools were built in Ijawland since oil expoitation started in our lands not to talk of other infrastructures. Do all these factors encourage population growth?

For your Information, 90% of Bayelsans live outside Bayelsa state, not to mention Ijaws in other parts of Ijawland.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by aljharem(m): 11:31am On Jan 04, 2013
^^^
Don't mind them jare. God bless ijawland
Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by vicenzo(m): 11:39am On Jan 04, 2013
ow11: Another thread about Ijaw with a lot more Igbo bigots commenting and venting their spleen about what they don't know. The civil war loss has spoilt some people's farm land grab (Cross River) and oil block grab (RV, BY and AK) plans. I am not surprised.

Nigeria needs states based upon ethnic groups simple. If the states are not viable, they can merge with like minded ethnic groups to form a super state. Of course, the Igbos would always be avoided by all and sundry.

Stop thinking with your anus, can you give me one instance where ndiigbo as a group, tried to annex non-igbo lands. I'm waiting.
Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by vicenzo(m): 11:50am On Jan 04, 2013
ow11: Another thread about Ijaw with a lot more Igbo bigots commenting and venting their spleen about what they don't know. The civil war loss has spoilt some people's farm land grab (Cross River) and oil block grab (RV, BY and AK) plans. I am not surprised.

"Igbos would always be avoided by all and sundry". Well,i don't think so,not long ago,igalla people were begging for igbos to come and invest in their land. You ijaws have to chill,it wasn't the igboman that poluted your lands while siphoning the wealth from there to their lands(lagos and abuja). Blame adaka boro for that,he gave it to them freely. Hahaha!

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by vicenzo(m): 11:52am On Jan 04, 2013
Bia,abagworo,don't open this kind of thread next time,which kain level be this one kwanu,taking panadol for someone else headache,haba! Ozoemena o!
Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by ow11(m): 12:22pm On Jan 04, 2013
vicenzo: Stop thinking with your anus, can you give me one instance where ndiigbo as a group, tried to annex non-igbo lands. I'm waiting.

You are the one with fecal matter for brains.

Did the Ikemba consult with UJ Esuene and Diete-Spiff before adding their territories to his new country? Or the chiefs of all the villages in four non-igbo states that Ikemba annexed?

vicenzo: "Igbos would always be avoided by all and sundry". Well,i don't think so,not long ago,igalla people were begging for igbos to come and invest in their land. You ijaws have to chill,it wasn't the igboman that poluted your lands while siphoning the wealth from there to their lands(lagos and abuja). Blame adaka boro for that,he gave it to them freely. Hahaha!

Yes, we have been shafted by the north but today many Ijaw young men have benefited from GEJ's largesse. We have actually been recognised and the current 'presodent' is an Ijaw man. Would an Ijaw man ever had the opportunity to rule that fictitious Biafra?

How many Ijaw men were speakers in the Eastern Nigeria House of Reps? How many were permanent secretaries in Enugu Pre-1966?

4 Likes

Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by Abagworo(m): 12:33pm On Jan 04, 2013
vicenzo: Bia,abagworo,don't open this kind of thread next time,which kain level be this one kwanu,taking panadol for someone else headache,haba! Ozoemena o!

It isn't someone else headache and I'm not taking no panadol. Until Nigeria disintegrates, when a part of Nigeria is marginalized, it affects us all. I only opened this thread because I read somewhere that Ijaw is the fourth largest group and is 14million. Isn't it wrong for them to have just a State? They are minority in several States while in actual fact they are majority.
Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by Afam4eva(m): 12:36pm On Jan 04, 2013
Abagworo:

It isn't someone else headache and I'm not taking no panadol. Until Nigeria disintegrates, when a part of Nigeria is marginalized, it affects us all. I only opened this thread because I read somewhere that Ijaw is the fourth largest group and is 14million. Isn't it wrong for them to have just a State? They are minority in several States while in actual fact they are majority.
Dude, Ijaws are not majority in any state except in Bayelsa state. Even in rivers, they're third after Ogoni.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Suicide Bomber Attacks Garkida, Adamawa, Killing 9, Injuring Many More / Breaking News: Manhunt For Gov Akpabio Begins / Mafia Groups Frustrating Anti-corruption War –ICPC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.