Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,859 members, 7,821,002 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States (9493 Views)

Ndigbo Demand 2 More States In The South-East / More States Evacuate Indigenes From Maiduguri •as Mend Threatens To Resume / We Are Creating More States - Ekweremadu (Senate VP) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by vicenzo(m): 12:43pm On Jan 04, 2013
ow11:

You are the one with fecal matter for brains.

Did the Ikemba consult with UJ Esuene and Diete-Spiff before adding their territories to his new country? Or the chiefs of all the villages in four non-igbo states that Ikemba annexed?

Yes, we have been shafted by the north but today many Ijaw young men have benefited from GEJ's largesse. We have actually been recognised and the current 'presodent' is an Ijaw man. Would an Ijaw man ever had the opportunity to rule that fictitious Biafra?

How many Ijaw men were speakers in the Eastern Nigeria House of Reps? How many were permanent secretaries in Enugu Pre-1966?
You are being as ignorant as possible, ijaws were members of the eastern house that voted for secession,i guess you don't know the meaning of representative democracy. Wasn't the name biafra chosen by an ijaw house member,frank opugo?

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by vicenzo(m): 12:52pm On Jan 04, 2013
On whether ijaws would have ruled biafra,well,eyo ita was once a premier of the easter region,and he wasn't igbo. You boast about GEJ being the number one citizen today,but you have forgotten who gave him a strong base to build from,endorsed him even before he won the primaries,what made you think it would have been different in biafra? Wasn't adaka boro elected the SUG president in UNN,an igbo dominated university.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by Ngodigha1(m): 12:55pm On Jan 04, 2013
ijaw citizen: Having read through all the comments posted since my last visit, I don't know why certain people still want me to comment on this unintellectual discussion.

@Ngodigha &co.
I've some more important business to take care of rather that coming down here every minute to engage in some silly beer parlour talk with people who know nothing about Ijaws.

SOME HEADS UP ON WHY BAYELSA STATE & OTHER IJAW AREA ARE SPARSELY POPULATED- Of all the notable Ijaw people you know today, how many of them grew up and schooled in ijawland.

How many good schools were built in Ijawland since oil expoitation started in our lands not to talk of other infrastructures. Do all these factors encourage population growth?

For your Information, 90% of Bayelsans live outside Bayelsa state, not to mention Ijaws in other parts of Ijawland.
Yet you have not answered the question I asked you earlier on. Abagworo read somewhere that Ijaws are about 14 million. Nairalanders said no and that they are between 3-5 million. Which figure is accepted.
Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by vicenzo(m): 1:06pm On Jan 04, 2013
On the permanent secretaries issue,i don't really know much about that,perhaps dede or eziachi can come and throw light on that one. On the ijaw ever rulling biafra,i doubt that would have been a problem,biafra was structured such that each province controls it's resources,while paying a token to the centre,in such a scenario,i don't even think anybody would be much bordered about who is at the centre,people would rather hussle for regional appointments and posts. Biafra was eastern nigerian affair,any attempt to make it an igbo affair would always be built on dishonesty.

3 Likes

Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by Duru1(m): 1:08pm On Jan 04, 2013
ow11:

Did the Ikemba consult with UJ Esuene and Diete-Spiff before adding their territories to his new country? Or the chiefs of all the villages in four non-igbo states that Ikemba annexed?

Yes, we have been shafted by the north but today many Ijaw young men have benefited from GEJ's largesse. We have actually been recognised and the current 'presodent' is an Ijaw man. Would an Ijaw man ever had the opportunity to rule that fictitious Biafra?

How many Ijaw men were speakers in the Eastern Nigeria House of Reps? How many were permanent secretaries in Enugu Pre-1966?

Why must Ikemba consult with practically or politically nobodies such as UJ Esuene and Diete-Spiff before the declaration of Biafra? It is only malnourished lapper will think a territory in Nigeria ever belonged to UJ Esuene or Diete-Spiff. Where was UJ Esuene when Bakassi was ceded to Cameroon? I suggest you take very good look at Nigeria and ask yourself if you really want to reincarnate airheads such as UJ Esuene or Diete-Spiff?

These two moronic ninnies in UJ Esuene and Diete-Spiff proved that northerners are, after all, smart. UJ Esuene died of heart failure due to the toilet paper treatment Gowon and northern elites gave to him after civil war while Diete-Spiff is still clowning around in Nembe creek as inconsequential village head.

You actually represented the true color of moronic Ijo with respect to education. However, I know Ijo is better than your silly representation of them. Ijo was once a minister in eastern region. Speakers are not appointed but elected.

6 Likes

Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by Duru1(m): 1:12pm On Jan 04, 2013
ow11: Another thread about Ijaw with a lot more Igbo bigots commenting and venting their spleen about what they don't know. The civil war loss has spoilt some people's farm land grab (Cross River) and oil block grab (RV, BY and AK) plans. I am not surprised.

Nigeria needs states based upon ethnic groups simple. If the states are not viable, they can merge with like minded ethnic groups to form a super state. Of course, the Igbos would always be avoided by all and sundry.

The above post is an illogical crap from renowned drunken fisherman. What a loser.
Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by Ngodigha1(m): 1:14pm On Jan 04, 2013
@Abagworo, you created a thread for the ijaw plight. Nigerians not only Ndigbo contributed here negatively or positively, yet Ndigbo are the ones being insulted now by the ijaws.
Please let the ijaws handle their problems. I know you mean well for them but in actual fact, they hate you (us) not because we are neighbours but because they know we are more prosperous.
Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by ow11(m): 1:32pm On Jan 04, 2013
Ngodigha1: @Abagworo, you created a thread for the ijaw plight. Nigerians not only Ndigbo contributed here negatively or positively, yet Ndigbo are the ones being insulted now by the ijaws.
Please let the ijaws handle their problems. I know you mean well for them but in actual fact, they hate you (us) not because we are neighbours but because they know we are more prosperous.

Tripe!
Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by ow11(m): 1:46pm On Jan 04, 2013
vicenzo: You are being as ignorant as possible, ijaws were members of the eastern house that voted for secession,i guess you don't know the meaning of representative democracy. Wasn't the name biafra chosen by an ijaw house member,frank opugo?

Who were the members of the consultative assembly? Was the consultative assembly of men the same as the Eastern House? Who is Frank Opigo? abi na ''Opugo'' Why isn't he mentioned in any document besides Nairaland posts and online references written by Biafran sympathisers? I hope you are not talking about the late Angiama Monarch Chief Frank Opigo!!!

vicenzo: On whether ijaws would have ruled biafra,well,eyo ita was once a premier of the easter region,and he wasn't igbo. You boast about GEJ being the number one citizen today,but you have forgotten who gave him a strong base to build from,endorsed him even before he won the primaries,what made you think it would have been different in biafra? Wasn't adaka boro elected the SUG president in UNN,an igbo dominated university.

The same Eyo Ita that was the brains behind Calabar-Ogoja-Rivers state creation (COR) - a state in the Eastern Region with non-Igbos. I'm sure he enjoyed his tenure as head of Eastern Region. Which by the way is nothing since at the exact same time Azikiwe was premier in the West! When Zik came back nko?

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by ow11(m): 1:50pm On Jan 04, 2013
Duru1:

The above post is an illogical crap from renowned drunken fisherman. What a loser.

Ndo o

Biafra is gone. . . Your homeland is filled with kidnappers, jobbers and erosion. I'd rather live by the sea; fish and quaff my whiskey than live on palm kernels and corn in an erosion laden back water and b'itch about my failed attempt at grabbing free oil and land from my neighbours. Then assuage my over inflated ego with my perceived superiority and prosperity.

Look at PHC, the areas dominated by the drunken fishermen are crime free whilst all the kidnap hotspots and hideouts are in the domain of these chest beaters and rabble rousers.

5 Likes

Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by ijawcitizen(m): 2:53pm On Jan 04, 2013
afam4eva:
Dude, Ijaws are not majority in any state except in Bayelsa state. Even in rivers, they're third after Ogoni.

@AFAM FOREVER
JUST RECENTLY I READ ON THIS FORUM HOW UR APPOOINTMENT AS AN ADMIN WAS HIGHLY CRITICIZED, NOT BECAUSE PEOPLE DON'T LIKE YOU AS APERSON BUT BECAUSE OF YOUR MYOPIC AND YET UNREPENTANTLY IGNORANT VIEWS.

NOW HE IS POSTULATING THAT OGONIS ARE MORE THAN IJAWS IN RIVERS STATE. OK, LET DO THE ANALYSIS:

RIVERS STATE HAS 23 LGAS OF WHICH THE FOLLOWING BELONG TO IJAWS;
1.ASARI TORU
2.AKUKU TORU
3.ABUA/ODUA
4.ANDONNI
5.OKRIKA
6.OGU/BOLO
7.BONNY
8.OPOBO/NKORO
9.DEGEMA
Two other lgas are partly shared with Igboid groups, they are PORT HARCOURT AND AHOADA WEST LGAS ( HQS OF BOTH IN IJAW TERRITORIES, OLD GRA & AKINIMA)

THE FOLLOWING BELONG TO OGONI
*TAI
*ELEME
*KHANA
THE REMAINING 9 ARE IGBO LGAS.
SO, MR. IGNORAMUS AFAM, HOW COME OGONIS ARE MORE THAN IJAWS IN RIVERS STATE?

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by ijawcitizen(m): 3:19pm On Jan 04, 2013
Ngodigha1:
Yet you have not answered the question I asked you earlier on. Abagworo read somewhere that Ijaws are about 14 million. Nairalanders said no and that they are between 3-5 million. Which figure is accepted.

FOR THE SAKE OF THOSE WHO DIDN't READ THEIR ELEMENTARY ECONOMICS & GOVERNMENT IN SECONDARY SCHOOL (AT LEAST), LET ME POINT OUT THAT IN PREVIOUS CENSUSES CONDUCTED SOMETIMES IN THE 70'S, ETHNIC GROUPS WERE INDICATED AND 10 MILLION IJAWS WERE RECORDED NOT ONLY IN OLD RIVERS STATE, BUT NATIONWIDE NOT EVEN ACCOUNTING FOR THOSE OVERSEES, AND THOSE THAT WEREN'T COUNTED DUE TO THE DIFFICULT TERRAIN OF OUR ENVIRONMENT.

FOR MORE INFOMATION, STUDY THE PREVIOUS CENSUS FIGURES OF NIGERIA. THANK YOU
Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by Ngodigha1(m): 3:28pm On Jan 04, 2013
ijaw citizen:

FOR THE SAKE OF THOSE WHO DIDN't READ THEIR ELEMENTARY ECONOMICS & GOVERNMENT IN SECONDARY SCHOOL (AT LEAST), LET ME POINT OUT THAT IN PREVIOUS CENSUSES CONDUCTED SOMETIMES IN THE 70'S, ETHNIC GROUPS WERE INDICATED AND 10 MILLION IJAWS WERE RECORDED NOT ONLY IN OLD RIVERS STATE, BUT NATIONWIDE NOT EVEN ACCOUNTING FOR THOSE OVERSEES, AND THOSE THAT WEREN'T COUNTED DUE TO THE DIFFICULT TERRAIN OF OUR ENVIRONMENT.

FOR MORE INFOMATION, STUDY THE PREVIOUS CENSUS FIGURES OF NIGERIA. THANK YOU
There has never been any census figures that has claimed ijaws are up to 10 million. Stop spreading falsehood.
Nevertherless, you hardly find any ijaw outside Bayelsa, Rivers and delta states.
@Nairalanders, do you see any ijaw at your work place, business centre, classroom or in your neighbourhood. Me personally hardly see any or hear of any.
Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by vicenzo(m): 3:55pm On Jan 04, 2013
Yes,i meant the eastern region consultative assembly. It had 335 members,of which 166 were non-igbos and 169 were igbos,they voted for seccesion of the eastern region from nigeria. I don't know how else you want me to prove that frank opigo was the member that suggested the name biafra,since you have termed all articles containing that info as pro biafran, i wonder were else u expect to see such things concerning biafra.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by vicenzo(m): 4:08pm On Jan 04, 2013
Eyo ita ousting had no tribal undertone,it was more or less ideological differences between him and zik. After zik lost out in the western region elections,zik soughth for the reformation of the macpherson constitution,Zik wanted total independence. NCNC called it's central ministers to resign in other to actualize this goal, but some of the central ministers who were feeling good with their present position refused to resign,they were A.C nwapa(igbo), Eni njoku(igbo) and okoi arikpo(ogoja), only endeley(cameroun) agreed to resign,the former three were consequently dismissed from the party.
Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by vicenzo(m): 4:33pm On Jan 04, 2013
Eya ita was not happy with the dismissal of the three central ministers by the party,and he himself refused to resign,he was not alone,other eastern house members that refused to resign were E:I oli(igbo), S.J una(ogoja),R.I uzoma(igbo) S.W ubani. Those that complied with the party directive were Dr M.I Okpara(igbo),M.C Awgu(igbo) and S.T muna(bamenda). Eyo ita and his gang decided to sit tight,NCNC members decided to rubbish the house by voting to defer every bill before the house,the british Lt governor got fed up,and decided to pass the regional appropriation bill into law.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by vicenzo(m): 4:44pm On Jan 04, 2013
Eyo ita,the expelled ministers,a few other legislators and his supporters who had resigned from NCNC formed a new party called NIP. Zik got his wish,when the lyttleton constitution of 1954 which granted residual powers to the regions. The eastern house was dissolved,fresh elections conducted,eyo ita's NIP party was in opposition,they lost,NCNC won,and zik ascended the throne. It wasn't until 1959 that eyo ita rejoined NCNC. As you can see,eyo ita's ousting had no tribal undertone,as he equally had igbos who decamped from NCNC with him.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by Onlytruth(m): 5:34pm On Jan 04, 2013
@Ow11 @ Ijaw_citizen

I often wonder why some of you ogogoro drinking, fish brained folks like to talk about Biafra war loss as if it is your nirvana. A careful research would indicate that since the end of the war, your swamps have been the butt of the nation, producing nothing except what is underground, placed there by God, OWNED BY ALL NIGERIANS.
Please try to compare East central state (the 1967 Gowonian/Diete spiff Igbo state) to your parts of SS. It is self evident that Ndigbo have benefitted by FAR more from your "Igbo war loss" than you.lol. Now imagine what Ndigbo shall benefit from your loss in the future, which is certain because all it takes for that to happen is for Igbo to make good with other major tribes in Nigeria. Like I said before, you don't need us and we don't need you. We are fine, thank you!
It is in my interest to be a CORE Nigerian now.
BTW I will campaign to ensure that no Igbo supports Jonathan post 2015, because the tail does not wag the dog. wink cheesy
He can hand over to any person (except Ijaw of course, lol) in Nigeria. We Ndigbo have survived A WAR; we also survived some of the most anti-Igbo heads of state in Nigeria, and we still managed to dominate and rule over you virtually; so we shall survive. Imagine what we will do to you when we have FULLY EMBRACED YOUR MINDSET.
Be afraid my friend. wink cool

5 Likes

Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by Onlytruth(m): 5:37pm On Jan 04, 2013
@Vicenzo,

You are wasting your explanations bro. They don't need it. In any case, they cannot understand it. Mindset is inherent.
Think about how you want to benefit from the Nigerian nation.
We Ndigbo have MAJOR stake in it. We should embrace our stake and assume the role God assigned to us.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by DuduNegro: 6:03pm On Jan 04, 2013
please guys, lets stop this emotions from boiling over.

you know what, we need to get back on topic. so if ijaw because of their population need to add state, shouldnt we be creating separate states in north for fulani based on population and deman for pastoral grounds? conflicts between fulani and others is based on land encroachment disputes. if they have their own states there is no reason they should be going on other people land to fight for access to graze.

what do yall think?
Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by DuduNegro: 6:14pm On Jan 04, 2013
zamfara and sokoto and kebbi should be fulani states.

katsina, kano, jigawa and bauchi should be hausa states.

split kaduna and put the northern pasrt with hausa states

borno, yobe and gombe should be kanuri states

consolidate people back to their ethnic groupings and then return power to the regions.

in the scenario above you will have nw, nc, ne. each zone is an ethnic home and yet a political bloc.

these are issues we need to talk about instead distressing my loving ijaw family. ijaw, we love you. kiss
Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by Duru1(m): 6:47pm On Jan 04, 2013
ow11:

Ndo o

Biafra is gone. . . Your homeland is filled with kidnappers, jobbers and erosion. I'd rather live by the sea; fish and quaff my whiskey than live on palm kernels and corn in an erosion laden back water and b'itch about my failed attempt at grabbing free oil and land from my neighbours. Then assuage my over inflated ego with my perceived superiority and prosperity.

Look at PHC, the areas dominated by the drunken fishermen are crime free whilst all the kidnap hotspots and hideouts are in the domain of these chest beaters and rabble rousers.

I did not know you were a delusional daydreamer. It is a pure misguided illusion for any fisherman, drunk or sober, to insinuate that Igwe Ocha is dominated by Ijo.
Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by Duru1(m): 6:49pm On Jan 04, 2013
@vicenzo,

Sometimes, the malnourished jackasses who navigate to this forum to spew crap should be allowed to drool to death in their cherished ignorance.
Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by EzePromoe: 7:19pm On Jan 04, 2013
ow11:

Ndo o

I hope you didn't mean Port Harcourt City in the bolded. If it's what you meant then i'll advise you to start moving out from your mosquito dominated swampy area and start moving out. Ijaws dominate PH, yet your 'activists' are singing, [size=14pt]'Odili (IGBO), Omehia (IGBO), Amaechi (IGBO)'[/size] as anthem.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by manchy7531: 7:32pm On Jan 04, 2013
ow11: Another thread about Ijaw with a lot more Igbo bigots commenting and venting their spleen about what they don't know. The civil war loss has spoilt some people's farm land grab (Cross River) and oil block grab (RV, BY and AK) plans. I am not surprised.

Nigeria needs states based upon ethnic groups simple. If the states are not viable, they can merge with like minded ethnic groups to form a super state. Of course, the Igbos would always be avoided by all and sundry.

Lol, this dude is truly a drunken fisheman.For him the fear of the great igbos is the alpha and omega of wisdom.

Unfortunately it's not the fault of the igbos. They(igbo) were created to be your lord and to be aheaded of you in everything.

Note that there are only five ethnic groups in Nigeria, The great igbos of the east,the happy yorubas of the west,the brave hausa/fulani of the north, the hospitable efix/ibibio of the far east and finally the rest.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by ODUANEGRO: 7:43pm On Jan 04, 2013
'say what , what are you drinking you say there how many. ethnic groups..... hold on, im confused, can you repeat ?

Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by aljharem(m): 8:05pm On Jan 04, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin lmao !!!
Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by dayokanu(m): 8:06pm On Jan 04, 2013
ow11:

Well said
Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by aljharem(m): 8:12pm On Jan 04, 2013
ow11:

Good !!!
Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by ODUANEGRO: 8:23pm On Jan 04, 2013
manchy7531:

Lol, this dude is truly a drunken fisheman.For him the fear of the great igbos is the alpha and omega of wisdom.

Unfortunately it's not the fault of the igbos. They(igbo) were created to be your lord and to be aheaded of you in everything.

Note that there are only five ethnic groups in Nigeria, The great igbos of the east,the happy yorubas of the west,the brave hausa/fulani of the north, the hospitable efix/ibibio of the far east and finally the rest.

aji se bi oyo laari, oyo ee sebi baba eni kaan kaan!
everyone realizes and follows oyo premiership, oyo does not. tread in the dayam footsteps of anyone!

there are two people in nigeria....look at my finger, number 1, Yoruba, and then others!

Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by aljharem(m): 8:43pm On Jan 04, 2013
^^^^^^^^^ Craze man grin grin grin grin grin

Nah, we have different groups in Nigeria wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"Nigeria Is A Country Of Kidnappers & Corrupt Politicians” – David Hayward / FG Begins Process Of Appointing Ambassadors, Says Minister Of Foreign Affairs / Ebonyi Government Threatens To Punish Residents Who Will Obey Sit-At-Home Order

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.