Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) (77724 Views)

Aregbesola New Road Construction In Osogbo (pictures) / Pictures Of Ongoing Night Construction In Aba And Other Road Projects / S’south Got Lion’s Share Of PTF Projects Under Buhari - Figures Don't Lie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jan 04, 2013
angry dat! bayero center 4 kano?? u sure say Boko boyz go live dat place aLone
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by abdulkayus(m): 2:58pm On Jan 04, 2013
The Ado Bayero MAll is still on in Kano,its along the court road/zoo road. bt i doubt if it will be open at d second quater of dis year, xcept miracle cos d space of d work is slow and dey havent even reach half.
nice one OP
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by abdulkayus(m): 2:59pm On Jan 04, 2013
Nate overlord: angry dat! bayero center 4 kano?? u sure say Boko boyz go live dat place aLone

u ppl never lyk d developmemt of North, eddiot. oloshi

1 Like

Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by 2Legit2Qui: 3:00pm On Jan 04, 2013
NoContract: [size=18pt]We shall see... (Optimistic)

In the meantime, light no dey our area. Na 50 Naira I take go charge my phone take browse Nairaland.

and lest I forget, How does these edifices affect the life of the common Lacasera or Gala seller on the pot-holled streets of Nigeria. Shey na after all the days sweat he go carry his money go watch movies for cinema (with dirt), or he go go do shopping for mall or he go airport go fly?

Wealth circulating within the wealthy.

Nigerians really know how to flenjo (the rich ones, tho') and decieve the others. ITS INBORN.

This is a far cry from what the average Nigerian (89% of the populace) wants!!!
[/size]

Abi. they want high speed trains like in China, correct?
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jan 04, 2013
Lower Usuma Dam Water Treatment Plant, Abuja

The water treatment plant at Lower Usuma Dam will supply 20 million litres to water per hour to the Federal Capital Territory when completed by December this year.

At the moment the project is at 95 percent completion stage. Conducting the media and civil society organisations round the project, FCT Minister Senator Bala Mohammed said the project was conceived to supply water for industrial and human consumption in the capital.

He announced that the FCT administration had paid all the contract sum and charged the contractors to keep to their promise of delivering the project by December this year. Senator Bala Mohammed also disclosed that the FCT would soon embark on the Greater Abuja Water Project through Public Private Partnership with a Chinese company and the World Bank to supply adequate potable water to the entire FCT and the satellite towns.

The Lower Usuma Dam Water Treatment Plant is the single largest project of its kind in Africa. The National Good Governance Tour Team also inspected Tanks 1 and 6 of the Abuja Water Supply Scheme. Tank 1 has attained 95 percent completion level.

The project, which is billed for completion by December next year, would provide additional 80 million cubic litres of water to the FCT. The Minister, Senator Bala Mohammed said the completion of the project would ensure adequate water supply to the mass housing units and the northern and southern parts of the FCT.

The Tank 1 and 6 project was awarded at a cost of N22 Billion. In his remarks, Minister of Information Mr. Labaran Maku said the project is key to the welfare of residents of the FCT. He said the project is designed to avoid water scarcity that usually characterise major cities in the country.

The Minister charged the media to embark on constant monitoring to ensure that the project is delivered as promised. Mr. Maku said though the projects were inherited by the present administration, the President, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan has mandated them to ensure the completion of ongoing projects, which would be put to use for the benefit of Nigerians.

National Library, Abuja

Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jan 04, 2013
Ulo Retail/Entertainment Plaza Abuja (status-completed)

Pinnacle Retail Plaza Abuja (status-completed)

Abuja Airport Expressway Expansion (Ten Lanes)

Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jan 04, 2013
Outer Northern Expressway, Abuja

Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by Wuse2(m): 3:08pm On Jan 04, 2013
Abandon projects
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jan 04, 2013
Kanti Towers (Retail and Office) Lagos

Ikoyi-Lekki Bridge Lagos (status-completed)

Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by Okijajuju1(m): 3:11pm On Jan 04, 2013
[b]I am wowed to say the least.. Like I once said to someone, corruption in this democracy may be high, but its definitely better than any military rule...

To the fellow that asked how these projects affect the common man, look at it like this.. These projects are being built by human beings.. Not just university graduates, but also technicians. These projects will take years to finish. These projects will put money in the hands of alot of Nigerians, and if they are prudent with their finances can actually save enough to build a source of income for themselves after these projects are finished..

On the quality of the works, I have to agree that some of these projects are not well built. For example, the Port-Harcourt Rainbow City housing project.. The first set of semi-detached and fully detached houses went on sale about two years ago. First of all, the fully detached houses were sold via backyrad deals because by the time the thing got to my table, the lady told me those units were fully sold out. Then the detached ones.. When I went to vist the buildings for an on the spot asessment, it was very heartbreaking. Poor quality materials, poor finishings and even one of the apartments I inspected had major leakages in the roof.. Then the price was going at 50 million Naira a piece.. The Penthouse suites of the high riser would be selling for 65 million to 80 million a piece.. This project is definitely not for the civil servants or middle class.. its for the rich..

In summary, I am impressed and highly optimistic.. Still waiting for the Greater Port Harcourt city lands to go on sale.. [/b]
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by luluosas(m): 3:12pm On Jan 04, 2013
How much data volume will one use to view all these images. Thank God I was in the office when I opened this thread.
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jan 04, 2013
Central Bank of Nigeria, Lagos Branch Office (status: nearing completion)

Oriental Hotel Extension, Lagos (status: nearing completion)

Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jan 04, 2013
All impressive! In some 10years time if the progress is sustained, Nigeria will have some really cool places to visit.

1 Like

Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by trix1: 3:25pm On Jan 04, 2013
Nigeria is gradually moving forward, many more Nigerians can now afford to buy brand new cars, People are building their personal houses, see all these constructions, we are not there, BUT we are surely not where we were 4 yrs ago.

I haven't even seen any pictures from Jigawa State. there are also massive constructions going on there.

and all those posters who still see nothing good, even with all these pictures, the problem is with your family and people around you!! everybody is moving forward oh, na only una remain for back. na una own bad pass!! even Seun sef don step up! a few days ago he was even looking for a driver to employ. una for apply oh

1 Like

Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by zibe(m): 3:32pm On Jan 04, 2013
Still don't see any meaningful project being done in the east though undecided undecided
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by ForNow: 3:33pm On Jan 04, 2013
Tusky44: Not inspired. Low quality that would mean most of these projects will be re-awarded and commissioned again. Just the same old rubbish with local champions moving around and posing for the camera like a bunch of excited wild beasts.

And how did you ascertain these projects are of low quality, by merely looking at them here? It is clear from your statements that you are a born GEJ hater and even if he turns Nigeria to paradise on earth, you will still never appreciate what he is doing.

Though much is still being expected of his administration of which he is aware of and has promised to deliver. Its only wise to pray for him that God will give him the political will to implement all he has promised Nigerians despite the challenges confronting him.

God Bless GEJ,
God Bless Nigeria.
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by rodeo0070(m): 3:34pm On Jan 04, 2013
@ Rossike. 150 Likes for you.
Keep it coming...
Aside Lagos, I beg post other states in S/West (Ibadan, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun, Osun).
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jan 04, 2013
Gerrard Towers, Ikoyi Lagos

Intercontinental, Lagos (status: completed)

Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by Okijajuju1(m): 3:41pm On Jan 04, 2013
rodeo0070: @ Rossike. 150 Likes for you.
Keep it coming...
Aside Lagos, I beg post other states in S/West (Ibadan, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun, Osun).

These is nothing to report in any of these states... All their state allocation has been spent on Owambe party, bribing NURTW and Aso-ebi..
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by RedReact: 3:46pm On Jan 04, 2013
Truthfully speaking, there is hope for the Giant of Africa. The nation will surely rise again.
How I wish FG does something concerning our steel rolling mills to deliver to full capacity. These projects may not be exorbitant in implementing if the steel rolling mills can be put to work.
I see many more coming from every region of the country.

2 Likes

Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by Smooyis(m): 3:47pm On Jan 04, 2013
Anyway, if these projects are a totality of what the states and d federal governments can offer, there is no cause for alarm. The federal govt and states should just ensure they build enough power stations and enhance distribution network so we can have constant power supply. Anything short of this is no achievement. Nigeria should be tarrgetting not less than 30,000 megawatts to start with instead of d celebrated and ridiculous 4,500MGW we are currently generating.
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by ballabriggs: 3:48pm On Jan 04, 2013
*Yawns*

Even since Gowon we have been building. We built structures in Abuja under Abacha, IBB & Abdulsalam. We built FESTAC and the Lagos stadium under Gowon. But the question is to what extent? Enough to raise our competitiveness beyond the mediocre stage we find ourselves? Commensurate with our population growth rate?

Development is also about competitiveness and sadly Nigeria still ranks agonizingly low in the global competitiveness rating. Time to work and not empty chest beating when many die avoidably due to a poor health system. Time to build our schools, time embed a research culture. These are the things that truly boost competitiveness. They are intangible but they impact the highest and they are not cheap! How do you gain competitiveness when you depend on foreigners to construct roads? How do you have an oil industry dominated by foreigners? Where is the domestic technology?

In all how do you do these things when Jona and Ngozi done carry N5 trillion run

2 Likes

Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by rodeo0070(m): 3:51pm On Jan 04, 2013
Okija_juju:

These is nothing to report in any of these states... All their state allocation has been spent on Owambe party, bribing NURTW and Aso-ebi..
Chai!!! You harsh o! You are right but not entirely.
I'm sure Rossike will have contrary pictures...LOL
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jan 04, 2013
The Dome, Akure (Cultural and Event Center)

Lakowe Lakes Golf and Country Estate, Lagos

Construction work

Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by dulphines: 3:56pm On Jan 04, 2013
I hope most of these cartoon pictures i see here will come to reality. Eko city looks more like Newyork for the modeled picture. PH rainbow city dream picture (This one i don't believe, i know that place too well to look like what was drawn. I believe we can achieve all this with our resources if and only if our leaders do what they ought to do. We'll also learn not to vandalize them and imbibe MAINTENANCE culture. Goodluck Nigeria!
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by frankcimc(m): 3:57pm On Jan 04, 2013
@OP Just two words for you "Thank you"

God Bless Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jan 04, 2013
The laying of the rail track on the ongoing construction of the Lagos Mono Rail Blue line starting from Alafia Bus Stop along Orile-Mile 2 Expressway, yesterday.
Pic by Udo Ogbonna, Businessday Newspaper Nigeria.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-_eQgL2UDeFI/UM4qSs6ognI/AAAAAAAAAnk/QdAKIuw_5X8/s1600/DSC_0224.jpg[/img]
[img]http://2.bp..com/-eSmUmE51XdM/UM4qOdkHekI/AAAAAAAAAnM/xlz7FA6BWHU/s1600/DSC_0216.jpg[/img]

IKOYI Lagos | LAKE POINT TOWERS | TWIN | 11F | OFFICE | U/C

Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jan 04, 2013
Okija_juju:

Bros, na indomie dey ur head!

1 Like

Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by killuminati(m): 4:10pm On Jan 04, 2013
Okija_juju:

grin

1 Like

Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jan 04, 2013
dulphines: [color=#006600]I hope most of these cartoon pictures i see here will come to reality.

Those are known as architectural renders, not ''cartoon pictures'', and as has been shown throughout the thread, they are ALREADY 'coming to reality'. Nothing posted here is merely on paper, but is either under construction or recently completed. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jan 04, 2013
Eko Towers, Lagos (Office) (Status-completed)

Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by NoContract(m): 4:31pm On Jan 04, 2013
Okija_juju: I am wowed to say the least.. Like I once said to someone, corruption in this democracy may be high, but its definitely better than any military rule...

To the fellow that asked how these projects affect the common man, look at it like this.. These projects are being built by human beings.. Not just university graduates, but also technicians. These projects will take years to finish. These projects will put money in the hands of alot of Nigerians, and if they are prudent with their finances can actually save enough to build a source of income for themselves after these projects are finished..

Уσυ have not yet answered my question, Mr Analyst?

How does these projects affect the life of a Lacasera Hawker?

How does it affect the lives of the average danfo driver?

How does it brings food to the table of the average moin moin seller?

How does this reduce the number of yahoo yahoo boiz in the street?

How does these buildings reduce the cost of petrol?

And lastly, how does it help the average secondary school student from smoking indian hemp?

Answer now.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) / EndSARS Protesters Raise Funds To Buy A Protester Prosthetic Leg (photo). / 5G: Dino Melaye Says They Are Threatening Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.