Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,186 members, 7,829,250 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) (85853 Views)

Industrialisation Of Akwa Ibom Is Our Next Phase Of Uncommon Transformation / Stella Oduah Recieves Aviation Stakeholders Award For Uncommon Transformation / Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by Wisdytech(m): 3:49pm On Jan 04, 2013
AM TÖO Proud! To be an Akwabomite, as wel as UYO MAN!

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jan 04, 2013
jmaine: Godswill Akpabio no dey shout . . You visit his state and his works ministers to your soul grin. . .

P:S . . . .The only downside I see in him is the brutal Godfather he is stealthily becoming
he does'nt shouts! he brags!

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by ask4double(m): 3:51pm On Jan 04, 2013
Eko Ile: This is it? Is this what's in that state? Is this what you people make noise about all the time? This is very shameful and disappointing coming from a state with so much cash and resources with little responsibilities.

smh...
What if he does nothing with the much cash and resources he gets just like some of his counterparts, of-course he won't be answerable to u or anyone.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by Agwoden(m): 3:51pm On Jan 04, 2013
Curious_city:

Guy, this is not Ikot Ekpene - Abak road!!! It must be Afaha-Obong Etim Ekpo road. Ikot Ekpene Abak road is dualized with street light. Last I went home, it took 20mins to locate my grandparents compound along the road.
Curious_city:

Guy, this is not Ikot Ekpene - Abak road!!! It must be Afaha-Obong Etim Ekpo road. Ikot Ekpene Abak road is dualized with street light. Last I went home, it took 20mins to locate my grandparents compound along the road.
Curious_city:

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by EkoIle1: 3:52pm On Jan 04, 2013
Patdedon:

Sharap mista man. Take a trip to AKS and see things 4 yourself. People like you can't appreciate anything good.

You mean I need to go to akwa to see more than the images you people are switching over and reposting in this thread? i don't think so.

That man is fleecing that state astronomically it's unbelievable.

Let me teach you a little something about simple math in proportion to service deliver..

Lagos N497 billion/20 million with huge responsibilities and infrastructures to build and maintain.

Akwa Ibom N459 billion/3 million low responsibilities and infrastructures to build and maintain.

So do the math against what's in Akwa and the images in this thread.

smh...

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by ehispapa(m): 3:53pm On Jan 04, 2013
Sunny_bobo: .
i remember being at this very place when i visited for a month
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by Agwoden(m): 3:55pm On Jan 04, 2013
Akwa ibom ade ok. Even ma area Abak/Ukanafun axis is experiencing d uncommon xfomation.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by ehispapa(m): 3:57pm On Jan 04, 2013
aribisala0: IBB did a lot more in Abuja why do Nigerians hate him??
that is on a federal level
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by romanlaw(m): 3:59pm On Jan 04, 2013
Packing my bag, Leaving this dirty and over hyped LAGOS and entering the next Ekene DiriChukwu to AKWA IBOM.............A.I on my mind.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by romanlaw(m): 4:02pm On Jan 04, 2013
Eko Ile: This is it? Is this what's in that state? Is this what you people make noise about all the time? This is very shameful and disappointing coming from a state with so much cash and resources with little responsibilities.

smh...

am very disappointed at your statement. WHAT HAS LAGOS STATE DONE WITH ALL THEIR REVENUES WHICH IS RATED THE HIGHEST EVEN MORE THAN GHANA AS A COUNTRY.

5 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by ehispapa(m): 4:02pm On Jan 04, 2013
aribisala0: Akpabio has no choice but to do well with every one eyeing his monthly allocation like a hawk grin
The question is is does his performance match his revenue? So far no one seems to be complaining.....,.
i have been to that state and was marvel with what the guy did. the good thing is that the development cut across the whole state. Another governor doing exceedingly well is gov. oshiomhole of edo state. on the general terms the SS states are developing far ahead of other states. only lagos is able to meet up with the trend.i am saying this having visited about 27 states in Nigeria and i think the north is seriously lagging behind.

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by romanlaw(m): 4:04pm On Jan 04, 2013
Eko Ile:

You mean I need to go to akwa to see more than the images you people are switching over and reposting in this thread? i don't think so.

Let me teach you a little something about simple math in proportion to service deliver..

Lagos N497 billion/20 million with huge responsibilities and infrastructures to build and maintain.

Akwa Ibom N459 billion/3 million low responsibilities and infrastructures to build and maintain.

smh...

NOW WE CONFIRM THAT YOU ARE A CORE TRIBALIST. YOU DONT LIKE ANYTHING GOOD THAT COMES OUT FROM OTHER TRIBE.YOU KEEP OVER HYPING FASHOLA...BUT NOW U CANT APPRECIATE WHAT THIS MAN HAS DONE. I FEAR FOR THIS OFE MMANU PEOPLE.

6 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by sarutobie(m): 4:04pm On Jan 04, 2013
romanlaw: Packing my bag, Leaving this dirty and over hyped LAGOS and entering the next Ekene DiriChukwu to AKWA IBOM.............A.I on my mind.
You won't regret your decision..lol..people are moving in droves to that land,like moths drawn to a light..who no like better life?

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by EkoIle1: 4:07pm On Jan 04, 2013
romanlaw:

NOW WE CONFIRM THAT YOU ARE A CORE TRIBALIST. YOU DONT LIKE ANYTHING GOOD THAT COMES OUT FROM OTHER TRIBE.YOU KEEP OVER HYPING FASHOLA...BUT NOW U CANT APPRECIATE WHAT THIS MAN HAS DONE. I FEAR FOR THIS OFE MMANU PEOPLE.

Ode, everything is tribalism to you illiterates.
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by omonuhabi(m): 4:08pm On Jan 04, 2013
It is good that he did all these, at least when you use 20% to deceive the peaple and keep the 80% its a good way of playing the politics.

We should all know that Akpabio is only performing his responsibility and not doing us a favour, and he should please stop braging about for we are all not deceived.

All money must be duly accounted for..no beafing.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by EkoIle1: 4:12pm On Jan 04, 2013
romanlaw:

am very disappointed at your statement. WHAT HAS LAGOS STATE DONE WITH ALL THEIR REVENUES WHICH IS RATED THE HIGHEST EVEN MORE THAN GHANA AS A COUNTRY.

My new year resolution is never to educate or supply info to olodo folks on NL.

Google is your friend...
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by aribisala0(m): 4:14pm On Jan 04, 2013
ehispapa:
i have been to that state and was marvel with what the guy did. the good thing is that the development cut across the whole state. Another governor doing exceedingly well is gov. oshiomhole of edo state. on the general terms the SS states are developing far ahead of other states. only lagos is able to meet up with the trend.i am saying this having visited about 27 states in Nigeria and i think the north is seriously lagging behind.

I don't think it is fair to make comparisons.Akwa Ibom is one of the least contRoversial states and its people are easy to govern. Judging by completed "projects" is not the way to compare DIFFERENT states. Some states NEED projects more than others because they are starting from ZERO and even with all this Uyo still has a lot of catching up to do compare to Calabar or PH.

In some states what is needed is maintenance of existing projects or job creation etc. Housing is a major national problem on which most governors seem to fail

. To say he is doing better than northern governors is not fair. They do not have the same problems or revenue. Providing education is more of a challenge than "shiny projects" and you cannot show that with photos so let us not get carried away. We may say he is doing well but to say he is better than others is like comparing cassava and yam.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by tawa89(f): 4:18pm On Jan 04, 2013

smh...
u are turning into a nuisance on NL . There is nothing u can say or do here that will make enlightened folks like us compare ur governor with Akpabio. He is miles ahead.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by tawa89(f): 4:19pm On Jan 04, 2013
sarutobie:
This tout..I was hoping you will turn a new leaf this 2013..
better Oshodi tout
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by uzoexcel(m): 4:21pm On Jan 04, 2013
When I was in naija as at last year,my work made me travel round southeast and south south states also including remote areas of this states and I ll tell u that my favourite place to work in was akwa ibom especially in terms of d road network...the good road network cuts across every nook and cranny of the state..also itz very clean and well organised..I thought calabar had d best roads till I worked in akwaibom for a month..also very good infrastructures in that state..thnz r cheaper here compared to calabar also...d hotel I stayed in called mandela queens which was worth 6k will be worth 14k in calabar..I aint kiddn u....kudos to the governor
And for that nitwit who said 'na oil money', there s a saying that goes thus 'u can only play d cards u are dealt with'....ciao!!
~Bluetooth:

All these are probably within the state capital.can we get pictures from other local governments ?

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by tawa89(f): 4:22pm On Jan 04, 2013
Eko Ile:

smh...

Lagos state former Capital.....Akwa ibom former village. Go figure.

6 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by EkoIle1: 4:24pm On Jan 04, 2013
tawa89: u are turning into a nuisance on NL . There is nothing u can say or do here that will make enlightened folks like us compare ur governor with Akpabio. He is miles ahead.

I guess you people are not nuisance when you run around starting threads and asking what other states are doing with this and that money, what developments are in this and that state.

You people are like babies. You love to ask, but never want to be asked any question. Get a life and get over yourself..
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by ypzilanti: 4:27pm On Jan 04, 2013
Eko Ile:

smh...

I was in Akwa Ibom state some 2 years ago, and i was shocked. If like me, you had visited Uyo in the early 2000s, you will not be able to recognize the town. The place is different and awesome.

If you think the guy is not trying, then visit delta and bayelsa states to confirm that Oil money allocation does not guarantee development. The guy is development oriented...corrupt, but development oriented. All Nigerian governors are corrupt. Corruption is not the problem. The problem is greed and wickedness. Obong Victor Attah ruled the same state, and did zilch with his oil money allocation. He is walking free in Nigeria and no one has prosecuted him for corruption.

Learn to appreciate good works when you see it. The guy turned the state around from zero. Once the power plant is fully operational and the Ibaka port is completed, Akwa Ibom state will be on the path to becoming a huge migration center in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by EkoIle1: 4:30pm On Jan 04, 2013
Akwa= Same budget like Lagos state

Akwa with only 3 million people and this is all the man has done? Where is the rest of the money?
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by ehispapa(m): 4:31pm On Jan 04, 2013
aribisala0:

I don't think it is fair to make comparisons.Akwa Ibom is one of the least contRoversial states and its people are easy to govern. Judging by completed "projects" is not the way to compare DIFFERENT states. Some states NEED projects more than others because they are starting from ZERO and even with all this Uyo still has a lot of catching up to do compare to Calabar or PH.

In some states what is needed is maintenance of existing projects or job creation etc. Housing is a major national problem on which most governors seem to fail

. To say he is doing better than northern governors is not fair. They do not have the same problems or revenue. Providing education is more of a challenge than "shiny projects" and you cannot show that with photos so let us not get carried away. We may say he is doing well but to say he is better than others is like comparing cassava and yam.
i didnt just sit and write and i am not praising the guy. i am not even from Akwa state, so i am not being biased here. if you remember that akwa ibom was among the states created by abacha and that aside i dont think you have been to that state to say they are least controversial. its still a very controversial place, i tell you cos i have been there and i have family there also. my comparism is base on infrastructural development and human capacity development. though they have a high allocation, thats why i included edo state which have a similar sllocation with any average nigerian states. go to any state in the north apart from sokoto and probably kano, nothing seems to be happening in any form. most northern gov. cannot renovate classrooms not to mention building
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by uzoexcel(m): 4:32pm On Jan 04, 2013
Lol...I spent a month there and when my work had finished I kept finding excuses to stay behind..lol...can't really blame lagos though..there s serious pressure on infrastructure there...no governor has to suffer d problems fashola suffers...seriously...and d amount of people in lagos is an indictment on all d other states...if other states had good infrastructure,attract industrial growth so as to provide jobs for graduates and others,most of us wouldn't be there in d first place...
Smooyis: I was in Uyo exactly a year ago and was stunned at d level of development. The Governor is doing a great job. I hated Lagos when I got here because I spent like a week there and really had a great time, and would love to be there aagain. All d best. Keep it up.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by bongila(f): 4:34pm On Jan 04, 2013
ask4double: u are trying so hard to gain relevance here, or don't u think so?

Trying?You think?? I guess I did since you are here spouting poo. "Praise singer"
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by ypzilanti: 4:35pm On Jan 04, 2013
uzoexcel: When I was in naija as at last year,my work made me travel round southeast and south south states also including remote areas of this states and I ll tell u that my favourite place to work in was akwa ibom especially in terms of d road network...the good road network cuts across every nook and cranny of the state..also itz very clean and well organised..I thought calabar had d best roads till I worked in akwaibom for a month..also very good infrastructures in that state..thnz r cheaper here compared to calabar also...d hotel I stayed in called mandela queens which was worth 6k will be worth 14k in calabar..I aint kiddn u....kudos to the governor
And for that nitwit who said 'na oil money', there s a saying that goes thus 'u can only play d cards u are dealt with'....ciao!!

Thank you very much. The guy turned a virtual village into a lovely city with the same oil money his predecessor squandered.

Mind you, he still has enough money to dash people 1 million naira as if he is dashing ten thousand naira. He purchased private jet with state money. But his works speaks for itself. Even wikileaks spoke of US government mention of akwa ibom as a center of development in Nigeria in their leaked cables.

All these pictures you are seeing was done in less than 6 years of governance. A performer does not give excuses like Uduaghan, TA Orji and GEJ.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by EkoIle1: 4:35pm On Jan 04, 2013
ypzilanti:

I was in Akwa Ibom state some 2 years ago, and i was shocked. If like me, you had visited Uyo in the early 2000s, you will not be able to recognize the town. The place is different and awesome.

If you think the guy is not trying, then visit delta and bayelsa states to confirm that Oil money allocation does not guarantee development. The guy is development oriented...corrupt, but development oriented. All Nigerian governors are corrupt. Corruption is not the problem. The problem is greed and wickedness. Obong Victor Attah ruled the same state, and did zilch with his oil money allocation. He is walking free in Nigeria and no one has prosecuted him for corruption.

Learn to appreciate good works when you see it. The guy turned the state around from zero. Once the power plant is fully operational and the Ibaka port is completed, Akwa Ibom state will be on the path to becoming a huge migration center in Nigeria.

The fact that you appreciate and label roads and 2 bridges that doesn't represent or reflect enormous budgets after budgets development doesn't mean others have to.

There's a huge gap between the states yearly budget and the little or nothing on the ground in Akwa. It's called gross mismanagement.
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by aribisala0(m): 4:37pm On Jan 04, 2013
ehispapa:
i didnt just sit and write and i am not praising the guy. i am not even from Akwa state, so i am not being biased here. if you remember that akwa ibom was among the states created by abacha and that aside i dont dont you have been to that state to say they are least controversial. its still a very controversial place, i tell you cos i have been their and i have family there also. my comparism is base on infrastructural development and human capacity development. though they have a high allocation, thats why i included edo state which have a similar sllocation with any average nigerian states. go to any state in the north apart from sokoto and probably kano, nothing seems to be happening in any form.

Your comparison remains SUBJECTIVE.It is your opinion and there is no way to distinguish that from another opinion that states the opposite and claims Governor Modu Sheriff is better There are states that are 8 times the size of Akwa Ibom receiving a fraction of what he receives . How can you compare them
There is no effective tool to reliably compare performance between governors that fairly corrects for different variables like revenue,baseline infrastructure,population,literacy,etc. No two states face the same challenges so comparing governors is an exercise in futility you can only compare him,to some reasonable extent,with his predecessor and sucessor. How does one compare Obama with Mandela?

Just for the record he has a higher revenue than his predecessor and some projects were completed by his predecessor. Akwa Ibom started receiving higher revenues due to off shore production that has come online recently

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by sarutobie(m): 4:38pm On Jan 04, 2013
Eko Ile:

I guess you people are not nuisance when you run around starting threads and asking what other states are doing with this and that money, what developments are in this and that state.

You people are like babies. You love to ask, but never want to be asked any question. Get a life and get over yourself..
Bla bla bla...nobody falls for your antics on NL anymore..
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by phantom(m): 4:42pm On Jan 04, 2013
Eko Ile:

The fact that you appreciate and label roads and 2 bridges that doesn't represent or reflect enormous budgets after budgets development doesn't mean others have to.

There's a huge gap between the states yearly budget and the little or nothing on the ground in Akwa. It's called gross mismanagement.

grin grin grin grin grin grin...i have told you before that your tin-god in lagos is overhyped you wouldnt listen.FASHOLA IS HIGHLY OVERRATED.get it into your head. i was in lagos a month ago and i just kept on laughing as i moved through that city.your man is all hype.i was soo soo disappointed.
lagos has 20 million.does fashola feed all 20millionno make me vex this new year o!! grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Pictures Of Osinbajo Dripping That Got People Talking / Seyi Makinde Dressed In Amotekun Outfit To Sign Bill Into Law (photos) / #PHOTO Boko Haram Fights With Snakes.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.