Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,811 members, 7,817,353 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

Ubuntu Linux - Computers (171) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Ubuntu Linux (464194 Views)

Using Fedora Or Ubuntu Linux / Using Mtn Modem On Ubuntu Linux / Using Ubuntu Linux As Internet Gateway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ubuntu Linux by peculiarandodd: 4:09am On Dec 10, 2021
What is the Windows Registry?
The Windows registry is a storage database of files and configurations that are used to run all software and hardware on your system. In many ways it is the “lifeblood” of your computer, since nothing can run without first accessing data within the registry. Over time, the registry will become bloated with errors and require maintenance in order to improve PC performance.

How Can I Fix the Registry?
Unfortunately the registry is an extremely complicated section of your system. Attempting to fix it manually is only recommended for folks who are computer experts. If you remove or uninstall the wrong registry entry or value, the entire system can collapse. This is why it is highly recommended to use a registry cleaner.

If you are encountering a slow PC, computer freezes and other computer errors or want to do a blue screen of death fix, instead of trying to manually fix your registry, download Advanced System Repair to automatically scan your system and repair registry problems in minutes. It will be able to diagnose and its optimization feature lets you pinpoint exactly how to boost system performance in no time.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by purplekayc(m): 2:05am On Dec 12, 2021
Guys anytime I try booting my system which runs Linux mint I get this error. Does anyone have any idea what's the issue?
I can only now boot the system through recovery mode.

Re: Ubuntu Linux by Deicide: 5:40am On Dec 12, 2021
purplekayc:
Guys anytime I try booting my system which runs Linux mint I get this error. Does anyone have any idea what's the issue?
I can only now boot the system through recovery mode.
You have messed up with your grub. Now confess what did you do cheesy
Re: Ubuntu Linux by purplekayc(m): 7:28am On Dec 12, 2021
Deicide:
. Am not sure. Reinstalling grub can fix it?
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Deicide: 10:48am On Dec 12, 2021
purplekayc:
. Am not sure. Reinstalling grub can fix it?
yes

1 Like

Re: Ubuntu Linux by Hotspotbro(m): 8:49am On Dec 13, 2021
Hullo, I have issues with my Ubuntu on Virtual box 6.1.28.VM fails to start over a "failed to load VMMR0.r0" error.I've installed the extension packs and the guest additions and it's still the same thing.its the only option of using the Ubuntu I can think of RN because I dunno how to make it a live boot...
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Busch: 7:19pm On Dec 16, 2021
Deicide:
Do you want to be a Linux system admin?
Yes... Sorry for my late reply. What would be required of me to be one.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Gargoylesmiles(m): 3:00am On Dec 18, 2021
Hotspotbro:
Hullo, I have issues with my Ubuntu on Virtual box 6.1.28.VM fails to start over a "failed to load VMMR0.r0" error.I've installed the extension packs and the guest additions and it's still the same thing.its the only option of using the Ubuntu I can think of RN because I dunno how to make it a live boot...

It seems this is a VBox issue and you need to delete extension files and reinstall Virtual box

1) sudo rm -rf /Library/Extensions/VBox*
2) re-install VirtualBox
Re: Ubuntu Linux by purplekayc(m): 8:03am On Dec 18, 2021
Deicide:
grin
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Hotspotbro(m): 8:47am On Dec 18, 2021
Gargoylesmiles:

It seems this is a VBox issue and you need to delete extension files and reinstall Virtual box

1) sudo rm -rf /Library/Extensions/VBox*
2) re-install VirtualBox
I'm using VMware now and the issue is that they always say disk space for partition is not enough..
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Gargoylesmiles(m): 8:18pm On Dec 18, 2021
Hotspotbro:
I'm using VMware now and the issue is that they always say disk space for partition is not enough..
I am assuming you have uninstalled Virtual Box and deleted all its associated files and VM to give you room to install VMWare and create new VMs. Can you post a screenshot of the error message?
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Deicide: 9:17pm On Dec 21, 2021
Are there any female Linux users here Abi na only guys day use Linux?
Re: Ubuntu Linux by oyekanwahab(m): 8:16am On Dec 22, 2021
Has any tried installing tinycore

It super light weight, planning on creating a cluster of it for an experimental projects with Xen
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Mysz: 10:26am On Dec 23, 2021
Pls i want Ubuntu linux to chart me or call me 07036201113 pls i really want us to talk.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by qtguru(m): 11:29am On Dec 31, 2021
Deicide:
Are there any female Linux users here Abi na only guys day use Linux?

Yapa but not for this group, most of my colleagues use Linux because of docker and ease of things
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Deicide: 1:05pm On Dec 31, 2021
qtguru:

Yapa but not for this group, most of my colleagues use Linux because of docker and ease of things
Docker doesn't work on windows?
Re: Ubuntu Linux by qtguru(m): 1:08pm On Dec 31, 2021
Deicide:
Docker doesn't work on windows?

It does but when Docker came out, Linux had native support, we jumped on it before it was implemented in windows, plus alot of us don't use Windows for dev because the servers are linux anyway
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Gargoylesmiles(m): 9:28pm On Jan 02, 2022
Mysz:
Pls i want Ubuntu linux to chart me or call me 07036201113 pls i really want us to talk.
What kind of help do you need? You can join Nigeria Linux User Group on telelgram where members can help you talk about Linux.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by purplekayc(m): 9:21am On Jan 05, 2022
Deicide:
yes
bro the issue has now even worsened. Na black screen I dey see now anytime I boot the system.

Re: Ubuntu Linux by Hotspotbro(m): 5:49pm On Jan 09, 2022
Gargoylesmiles:

I am assuming you have uninstalled Virtual Box and deleted all its associated files and VM to give you room to install VMWare and create new VMs. Can you post a screenshot of the error message?
Update.
I've given up on the Ubuntu, since if I try it again, it's a serious hanging issue.So I got lubuntu 20.04, loaded pretty quickly and doesn't freeze that much..Now my next issue is that it can't detect the Qualcomm Atheros I use.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Gargoylesmiles(m): 12:35am On Jan 16, 2022
Hotspotbro:

Update.
I've given up on the Ubuntu, since if I try it again, it's a serious hanging issue.So I got lubuntu 20.04, loaded pretty quickly and doesn't freeze that much..Now my next issue is that it can't detect the Qualcomm Atheros I use.

Is the Atheros for your wifi card? Find a way to get internet via wired network and see if you find proprietary software for the card in Additional hardware part of the OS.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Hotspotbro(m): 12:41pm On Jan 16, 2022
Gargoylesmiles:

Is the Atheros for your wifi card? Find a way to get internet via wired network and see if you find proprietary software for the card in Additional hardware part of the OS.
I think it has already started utilizing the At her os..I was able to use Facebook on Firefox and download git from phone hotspot..

1 Like

Re: Ubuntu Linux by UbahTheBuilder(m): 10:17am On Jan 18, 2022
Hi everyone.

I am looking for a way to purchase a lapel or lavalier USB microphone. I am based in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State.

Can anyone help me with any tips?
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Wapgod(m): 8:33pm On Jan 25, 2022
UbahTheBuilder:
Hi everyone.

I am looking for a way to purchase a lapel or lavalier USB microphone. I am based in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State.

Can anyone help me with any tips?
Buy it on Jumia.
I bought mine on Jumia.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by The5DME(m): 7:05pm On Jan 30, 2022
My PC is not showing "wireless" Option.

How do I fix it?
NB I have Ubuntu installed.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Gargoylesmiles(m): 6:01am On Jan 31, 2022
The5DME:
My PC is not showing "wireless" Option.

How do I fix it?
NB I have Ubuntu installed.

Check additional hardware settings to see if your wifi card requires proprietary driver. You might need internet from another source (wired) if your system needs to download it.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by The5DME(m): 8:08am On Jan 31, 2022
Gargoylesmiles:

Check additional hardware settings to see if your wifi card requires proprietary driver. You might need internet from another source (wired) if your system needs to download it.

I tired applying the first option, but it showed me "error".

Re: Ubuntu Linux by Gargoylesmiles(m): 3:19am On Feb 01, 2022
The5DME:

I tired applying the first option, but it showed me "error".

What was the error? Please send a screenshot. You are in the right place.
Also by just seeing a part of your wall paper your wallpaper, I am guessing that is an older Ubuntu version. Can you install 20.04 LTS version (link below) of Ubuntu and see if this problem persists?

https://ubuntu.com/download/desktop/thank-you?version=20.04.3&architecture=amd64
Re: Ubuntu Linux by The5DME(m): 11:33am On Feb 01, 2022
Gargoylesmiles:

What was the error? Please send a screenshot. You are in the right place.
Also by just seeing a part of your wall paper your wallpaper, I am guessing that is an older Ubuntu version. Can you install 20.04 LTS version (link below) of Ubuntu and see if this problem persists?

https://ubuntu.com/download/desktop/thank-you?version=20.04.3&architecture=amd64

I have the version 20.04LTS installed. The problem is; I'm not seeing the wireless connection option in my settings. I researched about it, and was told it was the driver that wasn't installed. I'll have to install the driver myself.
This Linux is really stressing my life angry almost everything I want to do, I have to Google it. To install app sef na Wahala. I need my Windows back abeg

1 Share

Re: Ubuntu Linux by Deicide: 12:10pm On Feb 01, 2022
Good luck on the window side. I don't think you are ready for Linux yet.
The5DME:

I have the version 20.04LTS installed. The problem is; I'm not seeing the wireless connection option in my settings. I researched about it, and was told it was the driver that wasn't installed. I'll have to install the driver myself.
This Linux is really stressing my life angry almost everything I want to do, I have to Google it. To install app sef na Wahala. I need my Windows back abeg
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Gargoylesmiles(m): 1:39am On Feb 02, 2022
The5DME:

Ok, do you have access to a wired network with internet connection? Then come back to this Additional device area. Scan and install the Broadcom driver. That should resolve the issue.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Ayrastarr(f): 5:47pm On Feb 06, 2022
Gargoylesmiles:

Ok, do you have access to a wired network with internet connection? Then come back to this Additional device area. Scan and install the Broadcom driver. That should resolve the issue.

Hi Gargoylesmiles

I was gifted a laptop BUT it didn't come with any OS.
Please, how do I install Linux on it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (Reply)

Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience / How To Hack Any Wifi Network Password Using Cmd / Huawei USB Modem Unlocker - Download Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.