Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,636 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

Igbo President Will Refine And Rebrand Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo President Will Refine And Rebrand Nigeria (5983 Views)

It’s Cheaper To Import Petrol Than Refine Locally — Kachikwu / Igbo President Will Help Heal Civil War Wounds – Gowon / Rebrand Nigeria With A Logo And A Slogan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo President Will Refine And Rebrand Nigeria by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jan 05, 2013
OkparaIgbo:
We voted for GEJ 100% because we believe in "Equity and Fairness". And unless we get it too, Nigeria will keep moving round aimlessly in circles of cause Obviously until we get our Sovereign Republic of Biafra.

You sound really "smart". Now, dont get mad that nobody trusts you, ok?
Re: Igbo President Will Refine And Rebrand Nigeria by lagcity(m): 8:37pm On Jan 05, 2013
The only people capable of leading Nigeria are the Yoruba. We combine the best qualities of Hausa and Igbos, but possess none of their shortcomings. Yoruba elders say that through wisdom you can tell that a child is going to be great right from childhood. The West Region was far ahead of every other before some ppl (you know yourselves) conspired to imprison Awo. Yoruba will rise again, it is natural and inevitable. Odua, let us get rid of fake Awoists among us. Nobody shld use Awo's name to win votes without performing.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo President Will Refine And Rebrand Nigeria by vanstanzy(m): 8:47pm On Jan 05, 2013
Aigbofa:

If this is all you have to support your quest for the presidency, let me inform you now that you have failed, woefully. You need a better strategy. This is an advice from a guy who doesn't care if an ibo never become the president of Nigeria till the end of time.

I refuse to be locked in a debate with u or anyother. The question i have for u is; Why are u so scared of positive change? grin grin grin At least that's what the country needs.
Re: Igbo President Will Refine And Rebrand Nigeria by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jan 05, 2013
lagcity: The only people capable of leading Nigeria are the Yoruba. We combine the best qualities of Hausa and Igbos, but possess none of their shortcomings.

God, another one!

Like, what the hell do they feed you guys?!?!

1 Like

Re: Igbo President Will Refine And Rebrand Nigeria by OsunOriginal: 9:02pm On Jan 05, 2013
Stop deceiving yourself. Apart from the fact that Igbos can never and will never rule the country called Nigeria, what have Igbos done in the state they rule? Anambra, imo, Abia, etc...

1 Like

Re: Igbo President Will Refine And Rebrand Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 10:08pm On Jan 05, 2013
lagcity: The only people capable of leading Nigeria are the Yoruba. We combine the best qualities of Hausa and Igbos, but possess none of their shortcomings. Yoruba elders say that through wisdom you can tell that a child is going to be great right from childhood. The West Region was far ahead of every other before some ppl (you know yourselves) conspired to imprison Awo. Yoruba will rise again, it is natural and inevitable. Odua, let us get rid of fake Awoists among us. Nobody shld use Awo's name to win votes without performing.

The problem with Nigeria is that there is simply too much dishonesty. When I came newly to Nairaland I chose the moniker ONLYTRUTH because I believe that without truth Nigeria is not going anywhere forward.
The bolded is not really true because I can tell that by "Western region" you meant Lagos; but Lagos was NOT part of Western region. It was a neutral FEDERAL CAPITAL.
Even before Nigeria was formed, Lagos was not part of western region. It was more like a slave returnee location which mingled with Europeans for years before the rest of the country. Calabar would have been a perfect match for Lagos had the capital continued to stay there. Anyway I digress.
The point is that apart from Lagos, no other western state beats ANY Eastern state in development. None did it before 1960, and none is doing it today.
Remove Lagos from the equation and any fair observer would agree that the East is making Nigeria proud in many ways that the west can only envy, both in development, human and natural resources.
Please let's not digress too far from the topic.

Tell me who can match Charles Chukwuma Soludo in the west. Abeg no vex.
Re: Igbo President Will Refine And Rebrand Nigeria by Rhino5dm: 10:35pm On Jan 05, 2013
Soludo? The man that looked the other way when Ibru, Erastus and co were looting the shareholders funds blindly? Really?

A man that can't even win a mere state governorship election? meaning his people can't even trust him to be their governor. Abeg make I laugh small.

Onlytruth:

The problem with Nigeria is that there is simply too much dishonesty. When I came newly to Nairaland I chose the moniker ONLYTRUTH because I believe that without truth Nigeria is not going anywhere forward.
The bolded is not really true because I can tell that by "Western region" you meant Lagos; but Lagos was NOT part of Western region. It was a neutral FEDERAL CAPITAL.
Even before Nigeria was formed, Lagos was not part of western region. It was more like a slave returnee location which mingled with Europeans for years before the rest of the country. Calabar would have been a perfect match for Lagos had the capital continued to stay there. Anyway I digress.
The point is that apart from Lagos, no other western state beats ANY Eastern state in development. None did it before 1960, and none is doing it today.
Remove Lagos from the equation and any fair observer would agree that the East is making Nigeria proud in many ways that the west can only envy, both in development, human and natural resources.

1 Like

Re: Igbo President Will Refine And Rebrand Nigeria by Rhino5dm: 10:35pm On Jan 05, 2013
Re: Igbo President Will Refine And Rebrand Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 10:43pm On Jan 05, 2013
Rhino.5dm:
Soludo? The man that looked the other way when Ibru, Erastus and co were looting the shareholders funds blindly? Really?

A man that can't even win a mere state governorship election? meaning his people can't even trust him to be their governor. Abeg make I laugh small.

Soludo did not win Anambra because he went against the tide of LOCAL POLITICS. He lost for the same reason Obasanjo lost locally in Ogun state.

If he had run under APGA he would have won LOCALLY but he may not win NATIONALLY.
I know you know these things. You are smarter than you are presenting yourself, just because you cannot help being tribalistic.

Soludo remains BY FAR the best CBN governor in Nigeria's history. Under him, Nigeria was almost about to dominate African finance.
He was limited by lack of presidential power. The best genuis on earth will fail without presidential powers in Nigeria; but Soludo's ingenuity still didn't escape notice.

I'll be back later.
Re: Igbo President Will Refine And Rebrand Nigeria by lagcity(m): 10:54pm On Jan 05, 2013
Onlytruth:

When all regions were free to go at their own pace, which of the three regions blew all others away in development? Forget about Lagos, we are talking about western region under Awo. Other regions tried their best but with Awo in the west, it simply wasn't a fair competition. I have never met any serious historian who denies this fact.
Re: Igbo President Will Refine And Rebrand Nigeria by Rhino5dm: 11:01pm On Jan 05, 2013
I know what? lemme help you out. The only man I foresee becoming a president from south east presently is Owelle Anayo Rochas Okorocha and don't ask me why.

Dude, there is a clear cut between a politician and a technocrat, as such Soludo can't win election in present day Nigeria cos he lacks the political know-how to achieve that.

If you really want a president, then Rochas is the way. Finito. cool

Onlytruth:

Soludo did not win Anambra because he went against the tide of LOCAL POLITICS. He lost for the same reason Obasanjo lost locally in Ogun state.

If he had run under APGA he would have won LOCALLY but he may not win NATIONALLY.
I know you know these things. You are smarter than you are presenting yourself, just because you cannot help being tribalistic.

Soludo remains BY FAR the best CBN governor in Nigeria's history. Under him, Nigeria was almost about to dominate African finance.
He was limited by lack of presidential power. The best genuis on earth will fail without presidential powers in Nigeria; but Soludo's ingenuity still didn't escape notice.

I'll be back later.

1 Like

Re: Igbo President Will Refine And Rebrand Nigeria by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jan 05, 2013
hahahahahaha...I didn't even bother reading the body of the write up

I don tire for una.....Igbo President will refine Nigeria my a*ss...What do Igbos have that other tribes don't have in terms of becoming a good leader?? Good leaders are not born of a specific tribe but "destiny", character training, determination, educational and mental qualifications.

The fact that tribalism is included in the same sentence as "refine and re brand Nigeria" shows that no re-branding will be going on, just d same bullsh1t mentality that has let us to no where from the get go. When are we going to start upholding individualism and pushing forth one Nigeria??

"I haff tired"
Re: Igbo President Will Refine And Rebrand Nigeria by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jan 05, 2013
Onlytruth:

And you wonder why most of us on here have concluded that you got mental issues.
Re: Igbo President Will Refine And Rebrand Nigeria by AndreUweh(m): 12:06am On Jan 06, 2013
kingoflag:

And you wonder why most of us on here have concluded that you got mental issues.
Dude why?.
Re: Igbo President Will Refine And Rebrand Nigeria by hakanai(m): 12:07am On Jan 06, 2013
MegaMan2020:

Igboland is easily the most underdeveloped part of Nigeria. That's why Igbos run away from the place. It's also why Igbos that run to the North and SW don't want to develop their place. They know it's a lost cause. Imagine Igbos talking how great they would make Nigeria when they can't even make Igboland great lol.

^^^^^
*CLAPPING* standing ovation!!! You nailed it so well,that buffoon who got the respond.if any brains with him would realize he is actually sitting on SE shit while insulting other zones.That said i don't think with the Igbo hate being exhibited everyday and night against Nigeria,SW and Northern people.Doubt they should be accorded the respect and honor of ruling Nigeria at this time.I am better off with the SS people.Considering there problem na resource control.While most Igbos have problems with other nationals of Nigeria based on tribalism.They speak of the past as if they want a rematch.If they can't even bury the hatchet,Why should i feel free to empower them with my affairs.They even work/hate the nation Nigeria!!!

2 Likes

Re: Igbo President Will Refine And Rebrand Nigeria by CyberG: 12:36am On Jan 06, 2013
demmy: We would probably descend into civil war again with an ibo president. The egocentric attitude of ibos make them unqualified to lead a multi-ethnic nation like Nigeria.

Very true! Only this time, there will be no Gowon or Awo to help them with money, food or no victor, no vanquished policy.
Re: Igbo President Will Refine And Rebrand Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 12:42am On Jan 06, 2013
haka_nai:

^^^^^
*CLAPPING* standing ovation!!! You nailed it so well,that buffoon who got the respond.if any brains with him would realize he is actually sitting on SE shit while insulting other zones.That said i don't think with the Igbo hate being exhibited everyday and night against Nigeria,SW and Northern people.Doubt they should be accorded the respect and honor of ruling Nigeria at this time.I am better off with the SS people.Considering there problem na resource control.While most Igbos have problems with other nationals of Nigeria based on tribalism.They speak of the past as if they want a rematch.If they can't even bury the hatchet,Why should i feel free to empower them with my affairs.They even work/hate the nation Nigeria!!!

If you lie for long enough you will start to believe the lie, but it doesn't change anything though. Honestly I don't think you have a choice about making an Igbo person Nigeria's president. From my assessment of Nigeria, there is something very positively unique in Igbo basic mindset; please note the "basic" I used there.
By that I mean that of all groups in Nigeria, Igbo has the STRONGEST cultural and traditional pull towards justice for all. We call it "egbe belu, ugo belu" --> let the kite perch and let the eagle perch too (translated: live and let live). It is a product of egalitarianism which is unique (considering the population) with Igbo, and it did not start with the advent of Nigeria. It is OLD in Igboland. So, it is trite that an Igbo president would first seek justice and fairness to ALL before trying other strategies. This opinion is not made to change anyone's mind about anything concerning Igbo. Left to me, I am comfortable with internally dominating Nigeria using every devious method (per your and most Nigerian mindset).
If we unleash our political rogues unto Nigeria (having been denied our fair shot at Nigerian leadership), wallahi you would wish you never reasoned like you are doing now.
RIght now in Igboland, we have the good guys (the Soludos, Nnajis, Okorochas, Ngiges etc), we also have the rogues (the Maduekwes, the Andy Ubas, the Arthur Ezes, etc). No matter what happens in the future, one of the two types of Igbo MUST dominate things at the center. It is given to us by God to excel.
Nigeria can choose from either group and we would be just fine. But Nigeria MUST choose; she has NO CHOICE.
Re: Igbo President Will Refine And Rebrand Nigeria by MegaMan2020: 12:44am On Jan 06, 2013
MegaMan2020: I'm yet to see an Igbo governer "Refine and Rebrand" an Igbo state let alone Nigeria.

I think Igbos that actually live Igboland need to look at this statement and accept the truth. There's a reason igbos don't want to live in Igboland. Do you see Yorubas and Northerners rushing to live in the East?Lol of course not. But you see Igbos rushing to live in the SW and the North. I see Northerners living in the SW and I see Yorubas living in the North. But I see very few of either living in the East. ASK yourselves why...
Re: Igbo President Will Refine And Rebrand Nigeria by Nobody: 12:47am On Jan 06, 2013
oyb: yaaawn . . .the chest beaters are back for more in 2013

imagine endorsing soludo - master of the coverup - as presidential material

What the fùck is this nigga talking about? Who doesn't cover up, Sanusi or your master Buhari?
Re: Igbo President Will Refine And Rebrand Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 12:48am On Jan 06, 2013
Rhino.5dm:
I know what? lemme help you out. The only man I foresee becoming a president from south east presently is Owelle Anayo Rochas Okorocha and don't ask me why.

Dude, there is a clear cut between a politician and a technocrat, as such Soludo can't win election in present day Nigeria cos he lacks the political know-how to achieve that.

If you really want a president, then Rochas is the way. Finito. cool

If your assessment of Soludo's political sagacity begins and ends with his loss of Anambra State gubernatorial elections, then you are being naive and almost banal.
The man left the CBN and ran for the elections against a very popular incumbent and the most loved Igbo man (Ojukwu), and even an ex governor Ngige who was (still is) very loved in Anambra state. A genius will lose the same elections. Go and read about Lincoln.

As for Rochas, I know he would also make a great Nigerian president; so nothing to add there.
Re: Igbo President Will Refine And Rebrand Nigeria by Nobody: 12:52am On Jan 06, 2013
Onlytruth:

The point is that apart from Lagos, no other western state beats ANY Eastern state in development.

Huh? Are you kidding me?
Re: Igbo President Will Refine And Rebrand Nigeria by MegaMan2020: 12:52am On Jan 06, 2013
haka_nai:

^^^^^

They can't bury the hatchet but they RUN out of Igboland everyday. They need to ask themselves. Why do they keep on returning to the North after massacres if the East is so great? Wouldn't you stay in the great "Biafraland" after a religious massacre? Why would you go back to the "killing grounds" if the East is such a paradise?

If Yorubas are tribalistic, why would you move into Yorubaland by the millions? It's not just Lagos anymore. Igbos have spread to Ibadan, Ogun and many more Yoruba states. Fortunatly for them, Yorubas have accepted them and don't kill them at sigfn of disrespect. Not that they appreciate it though. Igbos have to be honest with themselves. Igboland just isn't a place worth living. Erosian and filth eats away at that place. Not to mention kidnapping.

An Igbo president can turn Nigeria around? Please turn Igboland around first and then I'll believe!
Re: Igbo President Will Refine And Rebrand Nigeria by MegaMan2020: 12:54am On Jan 06, 2013
J12:

Huh? Are you kidding me?

I agree. I'll live in any part of Yorubaland..Even the worst part of Ibadan before I live in Aba.
Re: Igbo President Will Refine And Rebrand Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 12:54am On Jan 06, 2013
MegaMan2020:

I think Igbos that actually live Igboland need to look at this statement and accept the truth. There's a reason igbos don't want to live in Igboland. Do you see Yorubas and Northerners rushing to live in the East?Lol of course not. But you see Igbos rushing to live in the SW and the North. I see Northerners living in the SW and I see Yorubas living in the North. But I see very few of either living in the East. ASK yourselves why...

Throw in a former Federal Capital and you will see them rush there.
Even Port Harcourt has a high number of Yoruba there; but having said that, Yoruba only go to places they would survive. That is why they are more in London (the capital of the worlds 15th economy) than in Tokyo (the capital of the worlds third largest economy). So, economic development is not all that Yoruba or Hausa may be looking for. Go figure that first.
Re: Igbo President Will Refine And Rebrand Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 12:56am On Jan 06, 2013
MegaMan2020:

I agree. I'll live in any part of Yorubaland..Even the worst part of Ibadan before I live in Aba.

I rest my case.
Yoruba land may be the worst on earth and you would still see Yoruba staying there.
To expect the Igbo to behave like Yoruba is a form of self deceit.
Re: Igbo President Will Refine And Rebrand Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 1:00am On Jan 06, 2013
J12:

Huh? Are you kidding me?

Do you want us to conduct a picture contest between Ibadan, Abeokuta; and Enugu, Owerri?

Ask yourself, which western capital city beats Enugu or Owerri? (apart from Lagos that is)

This is a contest I would love to have.
Re: Igbo President Will Refine And Rebrand Nigeria by MegaMan2020: 1:03am On Jan 06, 2013
Onlytruth:

Throw in a former Federal Capital and you will see them rush there.
Even Port Harcourt has a high number of Yoruba there; but having said that, Yoruba only go to places they would survive. That is why they are more in London (the capital of the worlds 15th economy) than in Tokyo (the capital of the worlds third largest economy). So, economic development is not all that Yoruba or Hausa may be looking for. Go figure that first.

What are you talking about? Yorubas go where it makes sense to go. In Nigeria it makes sense to either stay in Yorubaland or (occasionally) go to the North. It makes no sense to go to Igboland. That's not an insult, that's the truth. There are Yorubas and Northerners in the East but is the number of Yoruba/northers in the East comparable to the number of Igbos in the SW and north? Of course not!

Igboland just isn't desirable to Yorubas (and to most Ibos that ran away from the place). Am I being tribalistic or honest? You tell me...
Re: Igbo President Will Refine And Rebrand Nigeria by MegaMan2020: 1:05am On Jan 06, 2013
Onlytruth:

I rest my case.
Yoruba land may be the worst on earth and you would still see Yoruba staying there.
To expect the Igbo to behave like Yoruba is a form of self deceit.

Yet so many igbos live in Ibadan nowadays lol.

The fact is the worst part of Ibadan is still better than Aba.
Re: Igbo President Will Refine And Rebrand Nigeria by MegaMan2020: 1:07am On Jan 06, 2013
Onlytruth:

Do you want us to conduct a picture contest between Ibadan, Abeokuta; and Enugu, Owerri?

Ask yourself, which western capital city beats Enugu or Owerri? (apart from Lagos that is)

Why won't your Igbo brothers relocate to these places then? Why risk their lives in the North where death is always around the corner if Enugu is so great? Why stay in Yorubaland where Tribalism is the order of the day (according to you people) if Enugu and Owerri are so great? You people make no sense to me.
Re: Igbo President Will Refine And Rebrand Nigeria by Nobody: 1:11am On Jan 06, 2013
Onlytruth:

What you said is "no other western state beats any eastern state in development" which is an untruth. Oyo and Ogun beats Ebonyi and Abia in development.
Re: Igbo President Will Refine And Rebrand Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 1:11am On Jan 06, 2013
MegaMan2020:

Yet so many igbos live in Ibadan nowadays lol.

The fact is the worst part of Ibadan is still better than Aba.

You expect two different tribes nations to behave the same way? lol
That is the dishonesty I'm talking about.
A german and a greek don't behave the same way. A Jew and an Arab behave differently.
If you want to take economic/developmental survey, go and conduct a scientific one, not some "who lives more in the other's land" type of survey; which BTW no one has actually done in Nigeria.
I am comfortable with the speed of development in Igboland. Igbo travel even to Afghanistan. It doesn't mean they would not return to build the best house in Nigeria right inside their villages. cheesy
So, stop trying to yoke us as the same when we are different. We are all just Nigerians by name, nothing more.
Re: Igbo President Will Refine And Rebrand Nigeria by manny4life(m): 1:12am On Jan 06, 2013
MegaMan2020:

Why won't your Igbo brothers relocate to these places then? Why risk their lives in the North where death is always around the corner if Enugu is so great? Why stay in Yorubaland where Tribalism is the order of the day (according to you people) if Enugu and Owerri are so great? You people make no sense to me.

For the same reason why you can't let them g their own ways is same reason why they leave other places.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Akpabio's World Class Water Works. Pics.. / Response To Ango Abdullahi By Reno Omokri / Omeyele Sowore Is Not Yoruba But Ijaw From Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.