Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,499 members, 7,819,813 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Your Thoughts On Cyber Bullies And Suicide. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Your Thoughts On Cyber Bullies And Suicide. (11129 Views)

Do You Believe In Karma? Share Your Thoughts And Experiences. / 'My Thoughts On Child Marriage' - Peregrino Brimah (Dr) / iPod, iPad & iPaid - Parents Your Thoughts? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Go Down)

Re: Your Thoughts On Cyber Bullies And Suicide. by Odunnu: 6:23pm On Jan 26, 2013
O boy!
Since I was born, now i'm getting old I have never seen any woman like this - Gambrosia. Too much strenght to fight! Wow.
I wish I had a quarter of her strenght.
Worse thing to happen to any thread is for her to post grin she go must turn am into war grin

Abeg take am easy o before person commit suicide sake of your bulling. tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Cyber Bullies And Suicide. by ade2008(m): 8:21pm On Jan 26, 2013
this gambosia is a virus .she has already infected this thread .pls moderator kindly scan this section with a good anti virus ,inorder to eliminate further damage to this section .
Re: Your Thoughts On Cyber Bullies And Suicide. by Nobody: 2:41am On Jan 27, 2013
Odunnu: O boy!
Since I was born, now i'm getting old I have never seen any woman like this - Gambrosia. Too much strenght to fight! Wow.
I wish I had a quarter of her strenght.
Worse thing to happen to any thread is for her to post grin she go must turn am into war grin

Abeg take am easy o before person commit suicide sake of your bulling. tongue tongue
Trust me, she's the second biggest bully on Nairaland, right next to Seun then PY Guru comes next. grin

Shior to whor-e whor-e STD ridden filty baby momas!!!
Re: Your Thoughts On Cyber Bullies And Suicide. by ifyalways(f): 3:15am On Jan 27, 2013
A to the J repping. Took down the whole thread in her fiery who-send-you style. kiss

@topic, sometimes its best to ignore the bullies. They're most probably having and living horrible lives somewhere.

Na for nld/internet you'll see a baby momma with 2 kids from different fathers oppressing a legally married wife.
Obese, short, ugly ducklings boldly call a good looking woman "ugly"

Omo,just laugh at 'em cyber bullies Cos they are mere pathetic low lives offline.
Re: Your Thoughts On Cyber Bullies And Suicide. by Nobody: 5:12am On Jan 27, 2013
Cyber Bullies eh? I've experienced since I signed up on NL.... Just fight them back and give it to bullies Verry HOT cool..... Eerretiiipoootooo Altogether cool

I tell my kids.... Bullies are jealous of you ... Fight back with a straight face, look straight into bullies face with little space, no need to yell and don't give in... they probably don't have it right like you do... Don't talk to me like that I do not appreciate it.

... yeah y'all go to good schools and they drive Mercedes yo school everyday but who knows what goes on behind closed doors in their homes( I don't tell her that lipsrsealed)

Bullies are messed up souls simplllleeeees kiss
Re: Your Thoughts On Cyber Bullies And Suicide. by EfemenaXY: 3:05pm On Jan 27, 2013
ifyalways: A to the J repping. Took down the whole thread in her fiery who-send-you style. kiss

@topic, sometimes its best to ignore the bullies. They're most probably having and living horrible lives somewhere.

Na for nld/internet you'll see a baby momma with 2 kids from different fathers oppressing a legally married wife.
Obese, short, ugly ducklings boldly call a good looking woman "ugly"

Omo,just laugh at 'em cyber bullies Cos they are mere pathetic low lives offline.

Love your response Ify, you head dey dia wella! cheesy

@Poster, in addition to what Ify's posted, here's my take on this issue:

Lesson Number 1: NEVER EVER share your personal details with people online no matter how friendly they might seem. Let whatever happens online remain online. You'll find that the "ammunition" of these so-called cyber bullies is their perception that they've got something over you, which they feel they can use for blackmailing purposes.

Lesson Number 2: Trust no-one. Lots of people come online claiming to be what they aren't. If you really knew what and how they live their lives for real, you'll weep for them.

Lesson Number 3: Be smart. Never use your real name nor link your real email address to your online forum account. A simple search on google / facebook would reveal everything about you to those unscrupulous characters that are best avoided.

Now, armed with these lessons / words of advice, how do you deal with cyber bullies?

Simple.

(a). If the person is an old timer (you can tell from the number of posts they've got), chances are that they would be willing to slug out their gripe with you maturely and aren't afraid to tell you like it really is.

(b). If on the other hand, the person bully opens up a new handle/account to harass you with, chances are he/she is a two-faced coward unable to take you on. In that case, don't even bother dignifying them with a response. Simply report their offensive posts to the moderator so their post(s) get erased / hidden and the poster bully gets banned. Dem go post, dem go ban them, so tey dem go tire.

Now that's my two cents worth of advice. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Cyber Bullies And Suicide. by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jan 27, 2013
All your 'lessons' are not different from what Ify already said... However a different twist ... so all 'keeping up with the Nlders' casts are at risk of cyber/ direct bullying? Oh that's a new one..
And I thot this is a serious place to share advice until recently I found out actually people lie ... so all these I have 4 kids should be taken with a pinch of salt ko? Jide smell the coffee! cheesy

Efemena_xy:

Now, armed with these lessons / words of advice, how do you deal with cyber bullies?

Simple.

(a). If the person is an old timer (you can tell from the number of posts they've got), chances are that they would be willing to slug out their gripe with you maturely and aren't afraid to tell you like it really is.

(b). If on the other hand, the person bully opens up a new handle/account to harass you with, chances are he/she is a two-faced coward unable to take you on. In that case, don't even bother dignifying them with a response. Simply report their offensive posts to the moderator so their post(s) get erased / hidden and the poster bully gets banned. Dem go post, dem go ban them, so tey dem go tire.

Your words of 'advice' crack me up.... Like really?!!

Even before I started posting constantly on this section (cos I started with Auto section) .... I shake my head at your so called matured 'old timer' posts and the way they bully newcomers here on family section....

OP don't be surprised that claimed married folks are renowned first class BULLIES on this section... that's supposedly to be a family section o cheesy, they come in shapes and sizes , however you want them in multiple handles... they burst their own balls sometimes whenever they come in different handles sef and laugh it off right? It's all good ... who wan take them? NOBODY undecided so much for multiple two face cowards!

Report them eh? Even person wey you wan report them to sef nko? grin

OP my 1dime... Fight bully back and don't give in... they find so much comfort seeing their recipient down .... If it's face to face fight them back with your firm words and walk away.
Re: Your Thoughts On Cyber Bullies And Suicide. by EfemenaXY: 6:16pm On Jan 27, 2013
Jide, Are you high on cheap crack or something? undecided

For your information, my post was not directed at you, so why do you take what I've written here personally?

Or is there something you wanna get off your chest (now) Jide??

If yes, then shoot. I'm all ears and you've got my full attention - so better make the best use of this opportunity.

jidegirl12: All your 'lessons' are not different from what Ify already said... However a different twist ... so all 'keeping up with the Nlders' casts are at risk of cyber/ direct bullying? Oh that's a new one..

Okay. And your point is??

jidegirl12: And I thot this is a serious place to share advice until recently I found out actually people lie ... so all these I have 4 kids should be taken with a pinch of salt ko? Jide smell the coffee! cheesy

Sorry, you've lost me there.

Or is there something specific you wanna ask me? Out with it jor! If it's any consolation to you, I promise I don't bite...

jidegirl12: Your words of 'advice' crack me up.... Like really?!!

Even before I started posting constantly on this section (cos I started with Auto section) .... I shake my head at your so called matured 'old timer' posts and the way they bully newcomers here on family section....

Why the personalization?

What makes you think my post is about you? (second time I ask you this question)

Do you really think I give a monkey's what you do or don't do online?? Or is there some reason why I should be concerned about your activities??

Re: The bolded bit in blue...kindly point out to me, where in my post I mentioned anything about newcomers being bullied?

You know something? This just goes to prove that your comprehensive abilities leave a lot to be desired - and I mean this in a nice way, Jide. Don't take it personally.

jidegirl12: OP don't be surprised that claimed married folks are renowned first class BULLIES on this section... that's supposedly to be a family section o cheesy, they come in shapes and sizes , however you want them in multiple handles... they burst their own balls sometimes whenever they come in different handles sef and laugh it off right? It's all good ... who wan take them? NOBODY undecided

Well, I wouldn't know about that, but it seems this is an area you've got expert knowledge of. So please, do us the honours and share your pearls of wisdom with the rest of us.

jidegirl12: so much for multiple two face cowards!

Seems like I've struck a raw nerve somewhere. You sure you haven't got something you wanna get off your chest Jide?

jidegirl12: Report them eh? Even person wey you wan report them to sef nko? grin

Oh? Tell us more.

jidegirl12: OP my 1dime... Fight bully back and don't give in... they find so much comfort seeing their recipient down .... If it's face to face fight them back with your firm words and walk away.

Thanks for sharing your opinion. Everyone's entitled to theirs!

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Cyber Bullies And Suicide. by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jan 27, 2013
grin grin grin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Your Thoughts On Cyber Bullies And Suicide. by EfemenaXY: 6:57pm On Jan 27, 2013
ileobatojo: grin grin grin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Madam, glad you find my post entertaining.

But that asides, you're a smart one and I think you know what angle I'm coming from.

@Jide: How much longer am I gonna have to wait for your response? I see you on the thread you know.

Or are you waiting for me to turn my back before you make your move? If that be the case, it's called backstabbing!
Re: Your Thoughts On Cyber Bullies And Suicide. by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jan 27, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Madam, glad you find my post entertaining.

But that asides, you're a smart one and I think you know what angle I'm coming from.

@Jide: How much longer am I gonna have to wait for your response? I see you on the thread you know.

Or are you waiting for me to turn my back before you make your move? If that be the case, it's called backstabbing!

Oh I know all right. That's precisely why your post is so entertaining and why the 'my lips are sealed' smileys in my previous post.

Ok, I've said enough. Back to lipsrsealed lipsrsealed.
Re: Your Thoughts On Cyber Bullies And Suicide. by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jan 27, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Lol.... Efe I'm driving .... Trust me I'm coming back for you tongue
Re: Your Thoughts On Cyber Bullies And Suicide. by EfemenaXY: 7:10pm On Jan 27, 2013
ileobatojo:

Oh I know all right. That's precisely why your post is so entertaining and why the 'my lips are sealed smileys' in my previous post.

Ok, I've said enough. Back to lipsrsealed lipsrsealed.

Exactly!

jidegirl12:

Lol.... Efe I'm driving .... Trust me I'm coming back for you tongue

Yeah, of course you are.
Re: Your Thoughts On Cyber Bullies And Suicide. by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jan 27, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Yeah, of course you are.

And what's that^^ supposed to mean ?
Re: Your Thoughts On Cyber Bullies And Suicide. by EfemenaXY: 7:21pm On Jan 27, 2013
jidegirl12:

And what's that^^ supposed to mean ?

What do you think it means? angry
Re: Your Thoughts On Cyber Bullies And Suicide. by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jan 27, 2013
Efe, this is not going to end well. The shystie people have already been served notice. Consider letting it go.
Re: Your Thoughts On Cyber Bullies And Suicide. by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jan 27, 2013
Efemena_xy:

What do you think it means? angry

I dunno ...you care to share?

And besides what response do you expect from me to your epistle you typed up there that reeks your frustration bout me?

First of all .. I don't do cracks ... and never will... and why're you so bent on knowing if there's something I need to trash out with you orrrr you just want to?

I quoted and dished my opinion contrary to your post and you started barking at me for what?

There's nothing I can say now ( and not willing to anyways ) that'll change y'all feelings bout my handle will there?
Re: Your Thoughts On Cyber Bullies And Suicide. by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jan 27, 2013
I've shared my own point.... Never give in to Bullies shikena!
Re: Your Thoughts On Cyber Bullies And Suicide. by EfemenaXY: 7:38pm On Jan 27, 2013
ileobatojo: Efe, this is not going to end well. The shystie people have already been served notice. Consider letting it go.

I know that.

But I sooooo wanna slap the freaking hell outta someone this evening! angry angry

jidegirl12:

I dunno ...you care to share?

And besides what response do you expect from me to your epistle you typed up there that reeks your frustration bout me?

First of all .. I don't do cracks ... and never will... and why're you so bent on knowing if there's something I need to trash out with you orrrr you just want to?

I quoted and dished my opinion contrary to your post and you starred barking at me for what?

There's nothing I can say now ( and not willing to anyways ) that'll change y'all feelings bout my handle will there?

Dear Lord, pls help me not to loose my cool this evening.

Jide. I'm trying soooo hard to be civil with you right now. So pls don't mess around with me.

You and I know that you've got a bone to pick with me. (Don't insult my intelligence by asking me how I know that!)

So, now you've got my full attention, I repeat: OUT WITH IT!!
Re: Your Thoughts On Cyber Bullies And Suicide. by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jan 27, 2013
Efemena_xy:

I know that.

But I sooooo wanna slap the freaking hell outta someone this evening! angry angry

Dear Lord, pls help me not to loose my cool this evening.

Jide. I'm trying soooo hard to be civil with you right now. So pls don't mess around with me.

You and I know that you've got a bone to pick with me. (Don't insult my intelligence by asking me how I know that!)

So, now you've got my full attention, I repeat: OUT WITH IT!!

Ohhh I'm shaking in my boots cool... shooo shior at your civility ... as you were Efe I don't need your full attention...I'm very relaxed here... how bout you OUT WITH IT ms. two faced!

... I've got 2 set of jollof rice to make( spicy & non-spicy one)... In other words I've got my hands FULL!
Re: Your Thoughts On Cyber Bullies And Suicide. by EfemenaXY: 7:47pm On Jan 27, 2013
jidegirl12:

Ohhh I'm shaking in my boots cool... shooo shior at your civility ... as you were Efe I don't need your full attention...I'm very relaxed here... how bout you OUT WITH IT ms. two faced!

... I've got 2 set of jollof rice to make( spicy & non-spicy one)... In other words I've got my hands FULL!

Now we're getting somewhere.

Go on.

Keep talking.
Re: Your Thoughts On Cyber Bullies And Suicide. by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jan 27, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Go on.

Keep talking.

I don't have anything to say to you I repeat Efe ..^^ that all you'll get from moi... you out with it or forever hold your peace cool even better that way!

Ironically I learnt how to deal with characters like you and others from someone ( here) I didn't expect will reach out to me ...... you learn everyday right?

Tats see you around cool
Re: Your Thoughts On Cyber Bullies And Suicide. by EfemenaXY: 8:04pm On Jan 27, 2013
jidegirl12:

I don't have anything to say to you I repeat Efe ..^^ that all you'll get from moi... you out with it or forever hold your peace cool even better that way!

Ironically I learnt how to deal with characters like you and others from someone ( here) I didn't expect will reach out to me ...... you learn everyday right?

Tats see you around cool

I knew it!

Head on, you ain't got the balls to face me. You'd rather do it in hiding.

Warra coward! Mtcheew!
Re: Your Thoughts On Cyber Bullies And Suicide. by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jan 27, 2013
Efemena_xy:

I knew it!

Head on, you ain't got the balls to face me. You'd rather do it in hiding.

Warra coward! Mtcheew!

cheesy cheesy cheesy more lol @ hiding .... on display cheesy cheesy shior!!!

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs35/i/2008/309/4/1/Bully_ICON_by_raptor02.jpg
Re: Your Thoughts On Cyber Bullies And Suicide. by Nobody: 1:32am On Jan 28, 2013
@ topic.

Personally, I like the multiple ID cyber bullies that are not smart enough to keep their real identity secret. While committing utterly despicable acts of cyber bullying, they stupidly give themselves away within their first few posts as an alternate ID. They truly give new meaning to the word stu*pid. Anyway, I like them because we can all easily identify who the real two faced, cowardly bullies among us are.

Nice topic..
Re: Your Thoughts On Cyber Bullies And Suicide. by EfemenaXY: 6:29am On Jan 28, 2013
ileobatojo: @ topic.

Personally, I like the multiple ID cyber bullies that are not smart enough to keep their real identity secret. While committing utterly despicable acts of cyber bullying, they stupidly give themselves away within their first few posts as an alternate ID. They truly give new meaning to the word stu*pid. Anyway, I like them because we can all easily identify who the real two faced, cowardly bullies among us are.

Nice topic..

You this woman!

I don tell you say you're just too much grin

Your post is on-point (again), as usual cheesy cool
Re: Your Thoughts On Cyber Bullies And Suicide. by Nobody: 7:26am On Jan 28, 2013
Efemena_xy:

You this woman!

I don tell you say you're just too much grin

Your post is on-point (again), as usual cheesy cool

kiss
Re: Your Thoughts On Cyber Bullies And Suicide. by Nobody: 8:31am On Jan 28, 2013
jidegirl12: Cyber Bullies eh? I've experienced since I signed up on NL.... Just fight them back and give it to bullies Verry HOT cool..... Eerretiiipoootooo Altogether cool

I tell my kids.... Bullies are jealous of you ... Fight back with a straight face, look straight into bullies face with little space, no need to yell and don't give in... they probably don't have it right like you do... Don't talk to me like that I do not appreciate it.

... yeah y'all go to good schools and they drive Mercedes yo school everyday but who knows what goes on behind closed doors in their homes( I don't tell her that lipsrsealed)

Bullies are messed up souls simplllleeeees kiss

Your own be say if person look your side you go shout 'bully'! cheesy cheesy

@ Topic
I think there's something to be said for someone who thinks s/he is being cyber-bullied. What does that even mean undecided
Insecure much undecided

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Cyber Bullies And Suicide. by Tgirl4real(f): 2:01pm On Jan 28, 2013
jidegirl12:

Report them eh? Even person wey you wan report them to sef nko? grin

Jide,

I bet if I ask you what this is about, you will claim you are joking right?

@ Post,

Like this is a typical example of cyber bullying. People accusing you of what you know nothing of. If you hear I resigned 2mrw, this post/poster is responsible.
Re: Your Thoughts On Cyber Bullies And Suicide. by EfemenaXY: 2:03pm On Jan 28, 2013
Tgirl4real:

Jide,

I bet if I ask you what this is about, you will claim you are joking right?

@ Post,

Like this is a typical example of cyber bullying. People accusing you of what you know nothing of. If you hear I resigned 2mrw, this post/poster is responsible.

Resign?? embarassed

Don't you dare! angry

Tgirl, the number of people here who appreciate your works far outweigh those who don't!

(I'm trying hard not to use foul language here o!)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14)

My Friend Consistently Beats Up Her Mum! / She was Intimate With Her Uncle. Should I Still Marry Her? / The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.