Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,869 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

Your Thoughts On Cyber Bullies And Suicide. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Your Thoughts On Cyber Bullies And Suicide. (11131 Views)

Do You Believe In Karma? Share Your Thoughts And Experiences. / 'My Thoughts On Child Marriage' - Peregrino Brimah (Dr) / iPod, iPad & iPaid - Parents Your Thoughts? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Go Down)

Re: Your Thoughts On Cyber Bullies And Suicide. by EfemenaXY: 3:06pm On Jan 31, 2013
jennykadry:

I have so much on my plate right now hence my not having time to post as much as I normally do. When I get some free time, trust me to represent. Truth is some of us have lives, but it's good to see that you follow me well enough to know what etiquette is display on threads. That been said, are you done? cool

Moving on

Shouldn't you be sorting out your val surprise, madam? tongue cool
Re: Your Thoughts On Cyber Bullies And Suicide. by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jan 31, 2013
debrief08: Jenny, Open a seperate thread jor, let's not scatter this one.
Stop bullying people with your "wealthy husband", us wey never get Range Rover from our Managing Husbands make we hug transformer abi?
Jenny infact stop Bullying me.
Seriously though open a seperate thread, some will avoid this one because of the title and don't want to get dragged in.
I just got back from a trip, have a day or half a day to play

hahahahahahaha . . . cheesy grin grin
Re: Your Thoughts On Cyber Bullies And Suicide. by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jan 31, 2013
@ Jide, you post is tooooooooooo long, I don't have the time to read all that. I just saw 'Uju' somewhere there and the only reply I have to that is that you should bite the bullet and learn from you past mistakes, it'll help you.
All this grammar you are speaking just speaks volumes of your personality . . . Mrs I can NEVER be wrong. If you are wise, you'll know when to accept your wrong and repent of them1 Please note the word 'if'! cool cool
Re: Your Thoughts On Cyber Bullies And Suicide. by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jan 31, 2013
Abeg you people will not kill me cheesy cheesy grin .Who said nairaland is not a joke?
Re: Your Thoughts On Cyber Bullies And Suicide. by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jan 31, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Shouldn't you be sorting out your val surprise, madam? tongue cool

Efe. I can't buy the man shoes, if I do there will be no place to put mine angry

I can't buy him a shirt, he has too many already

I can't buy him perfumes, we fight for perfume space in the bathroom.

I can't buy him a jean, he buys better jean than I do, I always go for the cheap ones don't ask me why, jean na jean, cheap or expensive its all the same thing grin

I can't take him on vacation here cos he has been to almost everywhere, i can't take him overseas cos it will be like me copying what he did for me on my birthday.

I can't buy him a watch, his taste is too high I am not rich and cannot afford it. As for me, any watch that exceeds $20 can go to hell grin

I can't buy him a house cheesy

Make una heleep me ooooo cry cry
Re: Your Thoughts On Cyber Bullies And Suicide. by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jan 31, 2013
jennykadry:

Efe. I can't buy the man shoes, if I do there will be no place to put mine angry

I can't buy him a shirt, he has too many already

I can't buy him perfumes, we fight for perfume space in the bathroom.

I can't buy him a jean, he buys better jean than I do, I always go for the cheap ones don't ask me why, jean na jean, cheap or expensive its all the same thing grin

I can't take him on vacation here cos he has been to almost everywhere, i can't take him overseas cos it will be like me copying what he did for me on my birthday.

I can't buy him a watch, his taste is too high I am not rich and cannot afford it. As for me, any watch that exceeds $20 can go to hell grin

I can't buy him a house cheesy

Make una heleep me ooooo cry cry

Awwww . . . love nwa nti nti . . .
Jenny spend your money jor . . . who are you saving it for.
Check into the most romantic hotel and have a lil valentine get-away weekend. (that's what I plan to do cool cool )
Doesn't matter if he's been there, the thought from you will warm his heart!
But don't come back pregnant oh, my hand no dey. . . .
Re: Your Thoughts On Cyber Bullies And Suicide. by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jan 31, 2013
Ujujoan:

Awwww . . . love nwa nti nti . . .
Jenny spend your money jor . . . who are you saving it for.
Check into the most romantic hotel and have a lil valentine get-away weekend. (that's what I plan to do cool cool )
Doesn't matter if he's been there, the thought from you will warm his heart!
But don't come back pregnant oh, my hand no dey. . . .

Pregnancy is the best Val gift to give to that man trust me. But I no gree cool

I thought about travelling to another city and staying in one to die-for hotel only because it is across the street from the biggest shopping mall in that city. It won't be a getaway vacation, the man will end up going back home broke and ATM card-less by the time I am done with him. cheesy
Re: Your Thoughts On Cyber Bullies And Suicide. by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jan 31, 2013
Lmao. Jenny you be real case I swear. U can leave the ATMs behind nah. cheesy
Re: Your Thoughts On Cyber Bullies And Suicide. by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jan 31, 2013
In NL, this is just a case of fragile egos clashing.
I don't even know how two people cursing themselves and tearing each other apart on NL; and one of the fighters would deem it fit to call the other person a bully?
So with all the braggadocio throughout the squabble, somebody was able to bully you? lmao. Now that is funny! Ehen? grin

I would think say na people like us wey no dey like fight go dey feel threatened or bullied. Lmao.

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Cyber Bullies And Suicide. by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jan 31, 2013
stillwater: In NL, this is just a case of fragile egos clashing.
I don't even know how two people cursing themselves and tearing each other apart on NL; and one of the fighters would deem it fit to call the other person a bully?
So with all the braggadocio throughout the squabble, somebody was able to bully you? lmao. Now that is funny! Ehen? grin

I would think say na people like us wey no dey like fight go dey feel threatened or bullied. Lmao.

that's why I talked about insecurity.
Seriously, bullying on NLd
I still can't understand that! undecided undecided
Re: Your Thoughts On Cyber Bullies And Suicide. by Pharoh: 4:35pm On Jan 31, 2013
People with low self esteem and depend on nairaland to air their views will surely be bullied. It happens to young people and we should not substitute our adult position with these people because they are just too young and don't really know how to navigate the online world yet.

As for suicide, i doubt if it is prevalent in our part of the world and such kind of things can be found easily in the western world. When you are bullied both in real life and in the virtual life then harming yourself might be the next option for these teenagers.
Re: Your Thoughts On Cyber Bullies And Suicide. by Tgirl4real(f): 4:37pm On Jan 31, 2013
Sincerely,

U guys are just not facing reality. It's not every one that can handle harsh words when it's being handed down.
Re: Your Thoughts On Cyber Bullies And Suicide. by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jan 31, 2013
Tee the other day someone said to me 'Uju you this man, I pity your wife . . . ' cheesy. My point is that we don't know each other, why should I care what a faceless lunatic says about me
Re: Your Thoughts On Cyber Bullies And Suicide. by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jan 31, 2013
lipsrsealed cheesy
Re: Your Thoughts On Cyber Bullies And Suicide. by Tgirl4real(f): 4:56pm On Jan 31, 2013
Ujujoan: Tee the other day someone said to me 'Uju you this man, I pity your wife . . . ' cheesy. My point is that we don't know each other, why should I care what a faceless lunatic says about me

With ur user name someone still thinks you are a man grin grin grin

Back to topic, it's faceless but some of us are soft and more emotional than others. And truthfully, some people take things wayyyyyy beyond NL.

Anyhow, whether on or offline, we should be mindful of the way we attack people. Not everyone can handle it.
Re: Your Thoughts On Cyber Bullies And Suicide. by coogar: 4:58pm On Jan 31, 2013
Tgirl4real: Sincerely,
U guys are just not facing reality. It's not every one that can handle harsh words when it's being handed down.

cry babies should not be on nairaland!

Tgirl4real:
With ur user name someone still thinks you are a man grin grin grin
Back to topic, it's faceless but some of us are soft and more emotional than others. And truthfully, some people take things wayyyyyy beyond NL.
Anyhow, whether on or offline, we should be mindful of the way we attack people. Not everyone can handle it.

with the number of insulting words one gets to hear on lagos roads, i think it's kind of soft when anyone whines about the insults they got from poster x or poster y. all nigerians should be immuned to yabs and stuff. better still, ignore the comment and move on. ujujoan has attempted to cyberbully me several times - i just put her in my prayers each time for her creator to touch her heart!
Re: Your Thoughts On Cyber Bullies And Suicide. by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jan 31, 2013
coogar:
i just put her in my prayers each time for her creator to touch her heart!

Do you also have a bridge to Alaska to sell to me? grin
Re: Your Thoughts On Cyber Bullies And Suicide. by Tgirl4real(f): 5:22pm On Jan 31, 2013
Lol @ Coogar.

But u don't expect one that comes here with a troubling issue to find the insults funny. The person is already weak emotionally.
Re: Your Thoughts On Cyber Bullies And Suicide. by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jan 31, 2013
Lmao cheesy Coogar abeg waka pass jor. No be you and Ile dey bully una self for the other thread cheesy
Go and participate in Tee's debate oh. Time to show some skills, not just to be blowing grammar tongue cheesy

T Girl the thing tire me oh. Most people don't really pay attention here I tell you.
Re: Your Thoughts On Cyber Bullies And Suicide. by coogar: 5:27pm On Jan 31, 2013
Tgirl4real: Lol @ Coogar.
But u don't expect one that comes here with a troubling issue to find the insults funny. The person is already weak emotionally.

hmmmm, good point then!
then let's start the no-insult policy in this section. i am in for it. let everyone leave their madness at the entrance of the family section.

ileobatojo:
Do you also have a bridge to Alaska to sell to me? grin

you are my favourite witchdoctor - no one can take your position. instead of getting a bridge to alaska, i would send you to the evil forest near okija to cook more herbs!
Re: Your Thoughts On Cyber Bullies And Suicide. by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jan 31, 2013
Ujujoan: Lmao cheesy Coogar abeg waka pass jor. No be you and Ile dey bully una self for the other thread cheesy

Don't mind that grade 1 bully. Imagine being subjected to 3 straight days of his terrible bullying! Me I'm innocent o!

coogar:

you are my favourite witchdoctor - no one can take your position. instead of getting a bridge to alaska, i would send you to the evil forest near okija to cook more herbs!

Lies! Lies! It's all lies!
Re: Your Thoughts On Cyber Bullies And Suicide. by EfemenaXY: 5:42pm On Jan 31, 2013
Tgirl4real: Sincerely,

True that.

And words do hurt if used carelessly. People should be careful how they wield them. But having said that, an online forum is as anonymous as you want it to be, unless of course that bridge is gapped and the anonymity is turned to reality.

@Jenny: Seriously, you don kolo finish! grin grin
Re: Your Thoughts On Cyber Bullies And Suicide. by Tgirl4real(f): 6:07pm On Jan 31, 2013
coogar:

hmmmm, good point then!
then let's start the no-insult policy in this section. i am in for it. let everyone leave their madness at the entrance of the family section.

It will be a tough one, but it can be enforced. We could have our rules and regulations. All discussions in the family board must be civil and we must respect everyone's opinion even when d person sounds stupid. grin

Sincerely, I will look into this and come up with something.

Thanks.
Re: Your Thoughts On Cyber Bullies And Suicide. by Tgirl4real(f): 6:10pm On Jan 31, 2013
Efemena_xy:

True that.

And words do hurt if used carelessly. People should be careful how they wield them. But having said that, an online forum is as anonymous as you want it to be, unless of course that bridge is gapped and the anonymity is turned to reality.

@Jenny: Seriously, you don kolo finish! grin grin

Efe, some people actually recommend NL to people for advice. U won't believe it. And NL is gradually becoming an authority on some issues and people make reference to it regularly.
Re: Your Thoughts On Cyber Bullies And Suicide. by coogar: 6:21pm On Jan 31, 2013
Tgirl4real:

It will be a tough one, but it can be enforced. We could have our rules and regulations. All discussions in the family board must be civil and we must respect everyone's opinion even when d person sounds stupid. grin

Sincerely, I will look into this and come up with something.

Thanks.

this will be a dream to ileobatojo. finally, i won't have to call her a tool publicly ever again............on this section!
Re: Your Thoughts On Cyber Bullies And Suicide. by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jan 31, 2013
coogar:

this will be a dream to ileobatojo. finally, i won't have to call her a tool publicly ever again............on this section!

Hey it's okay to say you're sorry. You know you want to! Dont try to hide behind Tgirl to say it. Come on, out with it! Don't worry, I'll forgive you!! grin
Re: Your Thoughts On Cyber Bullies And Suicide. by EfemenaXY: 6:29pm On Jan 31, 2013
ileobatojo:

Hey it's okay to say you're sorry. You know you want to! Dont try to hide behind Tgirl to say it. Come on, out with it! Don't worry, I'll forgive you!! grin

Now this should be interesting... grin

@Richy: I see you peeping from around the corner. Tell us, what's your take on cyber bullying?? lipsrsealed
Re: Your Thoughts On Cyber Bullies And Suicide. by coogar: 6:33pm On Jan 31, 2013
ileobatojo:

my witchdoctor, no vex now.......
remember we have come a long way....from the alternative to biology days and so on and forth cheesy grin if you stop being my friend, suicide is the only option i have left.
Re: Your Thoughts On Cyber Bullies And Suicide. by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jan 31, 2013
coogar:

my witchdoctor, no vex now.......
remember we have come a long way....from the alternative to biology days and so on and forth cheesy grin if you stop being my friend, suicide is the only option i have left.

Okay people, shut the front door! Shut the back door! Shout it loud on the streets!! It's an apology!! Oya give me an award now!! I have reformed the biggest baddest bully ever known to NL!! grin grin

Good job girlfriend! Bff's for life! grin grin
Re: Your Thoughts On Cyber Bullies And Suicide. by coogar: 6:45pm On Jan 31, 2013
ileobatojo:

Okay people, shut the front door! Shut the back door! Shout it loud on the streets!! It's an apology!! Oya give me an award now!! I have reformed the biggest baddest bully ever known to NL!! grin grin

Good job girlfriend! Bff's for life! grin grin

i refuse to be tempted. no more insults in this section for me.
you didn't reform me, i reformed myself and i won't let you drag me back to the old me.......lemme catch your crustyarsë in another section, i go show you pepper!
Re: Your Thoughts On Cyber Bullies And Suicide. by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jan 31, 2013
coogar:

i refuse to be tempted. no more insults in this section for me.
you didn't reform me, i reformed myself and i won't let you drag me back to the old me.......lemme catch your crustyarsë in another section, i go show you pepper!

tongue tongue
Re: Your Thoughts On Cyber Bullies And Suicide. by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jan 31, 2013
Ile and Coogar get a room jor . . . . angry tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14)

My Friend Consistently Beats Up Her Mum! / The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman / She was Intimate With Her Uncle. Should I Still Marry Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.