Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,029 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:01 AM

Sickness Is Not An Act Of God - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sickness Is Not An Act Of God (7774 Views)

Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? / The Act Of 'giving To God' As Explained By Pastor E. A. Adeboye / Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jan 07, 2013
Obinoscopy:

My dear you'll need spiritual wisdom from the Holy Spirit to decipher what is an apple in the context of the bible. Philosophy or logic won't suffice wink

say it if it is not sex you are talking about. which spiritual wisdom ko?
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by tpia5: 8:48pm On Jan 07, 2013
Has joagbaje answered cold's questions yet?

Scanned the thread, didnt see his response.
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by gbrookes02: 2:51pm On Jan 08, 2013
bokohalal: True. There is no God so he cannot bring sickness.

How do you know that there is no God?
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by gbrookes02: 2:52pm On Jan 08, 2013
Atheist:-D:

He wept because he knew there was no God or heaven. tongue

How do you know that there is no God?
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by gbrookes02: 3:40pm On Jan 08, 2013
emmanjo: We really need to understand the difference between when man was under the old covenant and the new covenant; before Jesus came and after he came. We need to really understand the Scriptures. We need not just look for a Scripture that points at sickness and diseases and then attribute it to God out of context. The authority we have now in Christ Jesus was not there then. The life we now have was not there then. You can even say God afflicted Egyptians with plagues and diseases. But what does the new covenant (after Jesus' ressurection teach)? Well whether u take it or not, evil is not from God and we are not supposed tonallow the devil.

It is whatever u allow on earth that is allowed in heaven and it is whatever u disallow on earth that is disallowed in heaven...so the Scriptures teach. So if u eant keep allowing the devil (even though God doesnt) want it so, and blaming it on God.
Every good and perffect gift is from the father...the father of light. James 1:17.

Hallelujah!

Malachi 3:6 "For I the LORD do not change..." English Standard Version (©2001).

Hebrews 13:8 "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever" New International Version (©1984).

The Jesus of the new covenant is the same God of the old covenant and He doesn't change. Jesus sent sicknesses in the old covenant and He stills sends sicknesses in the new covenant.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 "All Scripture (both the old and new testaments) is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work" (English Standard Version).

1 Corinthians 11:27-32 "Whoever, therefore, eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty concerning the body and blood of the Lord. 28 Let a person examine himself, then, and so eat of the bread and drink of the cup. 29 For anyone who eats and drinks without discerning the body eats and drinks judgment on himself. 30 That is why many of you are weak and ill, and some have died. 31 But if we judged ourselves truly, we would not be judged. 32 But when we are judged by the Lord, we are disciplined so that we may not be condemned along with the world." (English Standard Version).

Romans 11:36 "For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen" (English Standard Version).

Ephesians 1:11 "In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will" (English Standard Version).

1 Corinthians 8:6 "yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist" (English Standard Version).

Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things" (King James Version).

From the above passages of scripture we see that God is in absolute sovereign control of all things, and sovereignly causes everything, be it good or evil, light or darkness.

The book of Revelation tells us that the Lord will be sending plagues (among other things) on the earth to destroy the earth in the last days because of man's evil and wickedness. And that all these thing will be happening before He comes back.

Read the article "Sickness, Disease, Healing" at this link: http://www.acts17-11.com/dialogs_sickness.html
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jan 08, 2013
cold: But erm..Sir Agbaje,you left out these verses;

Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

Exodus 4:11 And the LORD said unto him, Who has made man's mouth? or who makes the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?

Exodus 15:26 And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the Lord thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee....
Numbers 11:33 And while the meat was yet between their teeth,ere it was chewed,the wrath of the Lord was kindled against the people,and the Lord smote the people with a very great plague
Exodus 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation....

Deutronomy 28:22 The LORD shall smite thee with a consumption, and with a fever, and with an inflammation, and with an extreme burning, and with the sword, and with blasting, and with mildew; and they shall pursue thee until thou perish

stop reading the bible out of context...what IS the definition of SIN? IT is just the law of cause and effect...free will my friend...some folks believe, well, wateva is GOD'S will. HE'LL just do it. if it is GOD'S WILL to heal me, HE'LL do it. If He doesn't heal me, it must not be HIS Will to heal..but you see, God can't do anymore in your life than you permit Him to do. Man is free moral agent; he has the ability and right to make his own choices in life. he can open the door of his heart and choose to accept JESUS CHRIST as saviour and lord and be born again, or he can choose to reject JESUS.
Even after you are born again, you don't lose your will or your right to choose...from the scriptures you quoted the children of isreal have the free will to choose what they wanted...if you continue reading down to Deuteronomy 30:19 you will see GOD even giving them a candid advice...our GOD DOES NOT WISH ANY MAN TO PERISH. HE IS NOT A WICKED GOD.
Deuteronomy 30:19 ►

New International Version (©1984)
This day I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live

New Living Translation (©2007)
"Today I have given you the choice between life and death, between blessings and curses. Now I call on heaven and earth to witness the choice you make. Oh, that you would choose life, so that you and your descendants might live!

English Standard Version (©2001)
I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore[b] choose life, that you and your offspring may live,
[/b]

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
"I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. So choose life in order that you may live, you and your descendants,

Holman Christian Standard Bible (©2009)
I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you today that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Choose life so that you and your descendants may live,

International Standard Version (©2012)
I call heaven and earth to testify against you today! I've set life and death before you today: both blessings and curses. Choose life, that it may be well with you—you and your children.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by julietjuks: 10:10pm On Jan 08, 2013
for many of u who are not sure whether sickness is an act of God along with other tradegies labelled to be acts of God,first we should ask what is an act of God. it is an premediatated, preconcieved and determined expression of God.in other words,God expresses himself through this so-called acts. but this cannot be true.sickness or any such disaster could never be an act of God. how can one seek to destroy his object of love. GOD LOVES MAN.so if it is not God who has the world in a mess then who is to blame. u must realise that God gave man authority to rule the world as u would find in genesis but he handed that authority to the devil who is a wicked spirit. the devil has worked through to bring about what u see around.Jesus came and died that he might put to end the disaster man is in.he has done it already but man has not accepted what he did. thats why we have to tell the world about thr love.
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by gbrookes02: 4:31pm On Jan 09, 2013
julietjuks: for many of u who are not sure whether sickness is an act of God along with other tradegies labelled to be acts of God,first we should ask what is an act of God. it is an premediatated, preconcieved and determined expression of God.in other words,God expresses himself through this so-called acts. but this cannot be true.sickness or any such disaster could never be an act of God. how can one seek to destroy his object of love. GOD LOVES MAN.so if it is not God who has the world in a mess then who is to blame. u must realise that God gave man authority to rule the world as u would find in genesis but he handed that authority to the devil who is a wicked spirit. the devil has worked through to bring about what u see around.Jesus came and died that he might put to end the disaster man is in.he has done it already but man has not accepted what he did. thats why we have to tell the world about thr love.

Hebrews 13:8 "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever" New International Version (©1984).

The Jesus of the new covenant is the same God of the old covenant and He doesn't change. Jesus sent sicknesses in the old covenant and He stills sends sicknesses in the new covenant.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 "All Scripture (both the old and new testaments) is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work" (English Standard Version).

1 Corinthians 11:27-32 "Whoever, therefore, eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty concerning the body and blood of the Lord. 28 Let a person examine himself, then, and so eat of the bread and drink of the cup. 29 For anyone who eats and drinks without discerning the body eats and drinks judgment on himself. 30 That is why many of you are weak and ill, and some have died. 31 But if we judged ourselves truly, we would not be judged. 32 But when we are judged by the Lord, we are disciplined so that we may not be condemned along with the world." (English Standard Version).

Romans 11:36 "For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen" (English Standard Version).

Ephesians 1:11 "In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will" (English Standard Version).

1 Corinthians 8:6 "yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist" (English Standard Version).

Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things" (King James Version).

From the above passages of scripture we see that God is in absolute sovereign control of all things, and sovereignly causes everything, be it good or evil, light or darkness.

The book of Revelation tells us that the Lord will be sending plagues (among other things) on the earth to destroy the earth in the last days because of man's evil and wickedness. And that all these thing will be happening before He comes back.

Read the article "Sickness, Disease, Healing" at this link: http://www.acts17-11.com/dialogs_sickness.html

On the hatred of God.

Romans 9:10-13, 18, 21-23 "And not only this; but when Rebecca also had conceived by one, even by our father Isaac;

11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that callethwink

12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.

13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,"

(King James Version)

Psalm 5:6 "Thou shalt destroy them that speak leasing: the Lord will abhor the bloody and deceitful man." (King James Version)

Psalm 11:5 "The Lord trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth." (King James Version)

Hebrews 12:5-8 "And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:

6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons."

(King James Version)

From the above scriptures we clearly see that God hates and is wrathful against some people, and others He loves. In other words God don't love everybody.
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by julietjuks: 10:07pm On Jan 09, 2013
gbrookes02:

On the hatred of God.

Romans 9:10-13, 18, 21-23 "And not only this; but when Rebecca also had conceived by one, even by our father Isaac;

11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that callethwink

18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,"

(King James Version)

Psalm 5:6 "Thou shalt destroy them that speak leasing: the Lord will abhor the bloody and deceitful man." (King James Version)

Psalm 11:5 "The Lord trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth." (King James Version)

Hebrews 12:5-8 "And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:

6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons."

(King James Version)

From the above scriptures we clearly see that God hates and is wrathful against some people, and others He loves. In other words God don't love everybody.

i dont understand why u have to employ all this scripture to prove a point. if Jesus is the author of sickness as u say it then why did he die. have u asked urself was his death,burial and resurrection a political arrangement among the dieties to fool man or did he die to resue man from sin and sickness.by his death he took mans place, i mean ur place in death,sickness and the judgement of God so that u do not ever have to go through any of them.God is love and does care about how we enjoy our lifes cos thats his desire for his children.
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by Nobody: 12:18am On Jan 10, 2013
HIV1: ...If Jesus can save why did'nt he save himself. The shortest verse in the bible is: Jesus wept! cool

very good point about Jesus not being able to save himself.
In the same bible jesus apparently told his followers not to worship him
because as he said, "I AM THE SON". Yet some folks claim he is God and thus to be worshipped.
smh.

They use the following line to justify this: "he who has seen me has seen god"....
It goes back to using common sense and logic..mind you this man already said he is a mortal. He is not God. That line in other words means he is the child of God, the Creation and reflection of God.

But yet some fanatics don't want to hear reasoning and still worship this Man.
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by Nobody: 5:39am On Jan 10, 2013
*Kails*:

very good point about Jesus not being able to save himself.
In the same bible jesus apparently told his followers not to worship him
because as he said, "[b]I AM THE SON
". Yet some folks claim he is God and thus to be worshipped.
smh.
[/b]
They use the following line to justify this: "he who has seen me has seen god"....
It goes back to using common sense and logic..mind you this man already said he is a mortal. He is not God. That line in other words means he is the child of God, the Creation and reflection of God.

But yet some fanatics don't want to hear reasoning and still worship this Man.
OGA NO VEX SAY WE ARE CRAZY ABOUT JESUS grin grin grin ...lets look @ the following verse of scripture to see weda na u correct or na we correct...

Isaiah 9:6 says, "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." For many, this is a puzzling verse. Most people have no problem thinking of Jesus Christ as a child and a son. Some also realize that when He returns to Earth, He will also be King in control of all government. But many do not see how Jesus Christ could also be called "The mighty God, The everlasting Father".

Jesus Christ told His disciples in John 14:6-7, "... I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him." Then in verse 8 Philip said, "... Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us." But Jesus Christ replied in verse 9-10, "... Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? ...."

John 1:1 says, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." A few verses later, John 1:14 says, "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth." Therefore, we know that Jesus Christ is "the Word" to whom John referred in John 1:1. Even in the very beginning, there was Jesus Christ, and Jesus Christ was God.

John's first epistle refers to Jesus Christ in the same way, "That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life ..." (1 John 1:1). Later in this same epistle, 1 John 5:20 says, "And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life."

When Thomas, who doubted that Jesus Christ had risen from the dead, reached his hand into the wounds in the hands and in the side of Jesus Christ, John 20:28 says, "And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God." Notice that Jesus Christ does not correct Thomas for calling Him "my God", because Thomas was correct. Instead, Jesus Christ says in verse 29, "... because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed ...."

Paul also confirms that Jesus Christ is God. He wrote in Colossians 2:9, "For in him (Christ) dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily." Then in Titus 2:13, "Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ ...."

In 2 Corinthians 4:4 we read, "In whom the god of this world (Satan) hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them."

Paul also writes in 1 Timothy 3:16, "And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory." Then in 2 Corinthians 5:19, "... God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself ...." So Jesus Christ was God manifesting Himself in the flesh, reconciling the world to Himself.

The very name "Emmanuel" implies that Jesus Christ is God. Matthew 1:23 says, "Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us."

so sir..we don't apply logic when we study the word of GOD...we allow the HOLY SPIRIT to teach us comparing scriptures with scriptures..the whole bible is shouting it out LOUD..THAT JESUS IS GOD ALMIGHTY..SORRY THAT YOU NO SEE AM.. grin grin grin grin
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by Nobody: 5:56am On Jan 10, 2013
Jesus Is Almighty God!

[color=#990000][/color]

If you recognize Jesus as God Almighty, then you have SEEN the true Son. I don't want you to believe on a fake Jesus, for there are many. This is why I tell you that Jesus is God Almighty. The Bible plainly teaches that Jesus is the manifestation of the Godhead to humanity...

1st Timothy 3:16 says, “...God was manifest in the flesh...”

I once yelled out the window of our church bus, “Jesus is God” to a Jehovah's Witness walking down the street. One of the bus kids at the back of the bus shouted up front... “Brother Dave, he told you to go to Hell!” That's odd, I thought Jehovah's Witness didn't believe in Hell. Does it OFFEND you my friend to hear that Jesus is God?

Jesus is the sweetest name I know,
And He’s just the same as His lovely Name,
And that’s the reason why I love Him so;
Oh, Jesus is the sweetest name I know.

There is no name in earth or Heav’n above,
That we should give such honor and such love
As the blessèd Name, let us all acclaim,
That wondrous, glorious Name of Jesus.

JESUS IS GOD... ALMIGHTY GOD!!! The deity of Jesus Christ is the most denied doctrine in this world by unbelievers. They vehemently hate the very idea that Jesus was born upon the earth as God incarnate (in the flesh). Literally, the Godhead became incarnate and dwelt among us...

John 1:1-2 and 14, “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God.

...And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.”

The word “Godhead” is found in Acts 17:29, Romans 1:20 and Colossians 2:9 in the King James Bible. All modern corrupt Bible versions completely remove this critical word, “Godhead.” Satan wants to deceive you concerning the Godhead. The word “Trinity” may not be in the Bible, but the word “Godhead” most certainly is. Why would anyone remove this word from the Bible? It's because the Devil wants to deceive you.

Colossians 2:9 says, “...For in him [Jesus] dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.”

Only God Is Entitled To Receive WORSHIP, and Jesus Received Worship

Only Jesus accepted the worship of others (Matthew 8:2). Only God Almighty is entitled to receive worship. The Bible teaches that God will NOT share His glory with another (Isaiah 42:cool. If Jesus weren't Almighty God, then He couldn't have received the worship of so many people (Matthew 9:18;14:33;15:25;18:26;20:20;28:9). Jesus gladly received worship from people, as God Almighty is entitled to.

Jesus is Almighty God!

Notice once again that all modern corrupt Bible versions remove every mention of the word “worship” concerning the Lord Jesus Christ, changing the word “worship” to a mere “knelt.” It is deception of the worst kind. Satan tried to take away our Bibles, but failed. Then Satan tried to cause us to doubt the Bible, as he did Eve; but failed again. Now Satan is changing our Bibles, trying to deceive us again. Sadly, most people have been woefully deceived. The New International Version is dangerous, as are all the other modern perversions of the Scriptures. Only the King James Bible is trustworthy.

Jehovah's Witnesses errantly claim that Jesus is “a god,” but not God Almighty. Well, you show a Jehovah's Witness Revelation 1:8 that says Jesus is THE ALMIGHTY. . .

“I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty” (Revelation 1:cool

Jesus received WORSHIP that only God is entitled to, because He is God...

Matthew 8:2, “And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.”

If Jesus were less than almighty God, it would be idolatry to worship Him as people did, and I do. The Bible warns that God will NOT share His glory nor praise with another...

Isaiah 42:8 says, “I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.”

Jesus readily accepted praise because He is God. Please note that the evil men behind modern perversions of the Bible have replaced every mention of the proper word WORSHIP with the ambiguous word KNELT. You can kneel before a king without worshipping him. Do you see how the Devil has deceived people out of their Bibles, and instead given them a fake manuscript that diminishes and weakens the glory due to Jesus Christ as GOD IN THE FLESH? ...

1st Timothy 3:16 says, “...God was manifest in the flesh...”

Anyone who denies the deity of Jesus Christ is NOT saved and does not know the true God of the Bible. There is no other God besides the God of Israel. Please note that I'm not talking about the Zionist/Marxist criminals who've hijacked the nation of Israel and the United States. I'm talking about the God of true Israel. Only born-again Jews and Gentiles are God's chosen people.

Only God Can FORGIVE Sin, and Jesus Forgave Sin

Jesus forgave sin as only God can do. Wicked Catholic priests and evil Lutheran ministers sinfully claim the power to forgive people's sins. You'll burn in Hell if you trust men to forgive your sins. You'd better seek forgiveness from the God-man, Christ Jesus, Who has the nail-scared hands and feet. Only in Jesus' name can anyone's sins be forgiven, for it was Christ Who died for OUR SINS. Even the wicked Pharisees who sought to kill Jesus weren't so wicked as to think that they could forgive men's sins...

Mark 2:7, “Why doth this man thus speak blasphemies? who can forgive sins but God only?”

As the Bible says, only God can forgive sins, and Jesus is God!!! In Matthew 9:2-3 we read that Jesus mercifully forgave a man's sins and healed him of a horrible disability...

Matthew 9:2-3, “And, behold, they brought to him a man sick of the palsy, lying on a bed: and Jesus seeing their faith said unto the sick of the palsy; Son, be of good cheer; thy sins be forgiven thee. And, behold, certain of the scribes said within themselves, This man blasphemeth.”

Notice that the unbelieving Scribes accused the Lord of blasphemy for claiming the power to forgive men's sins. Ah, but Jesus was God in the flesh and did indeed have all the power of Heaven to forgive sin as only God can. Jesus did NOT give up His deity when He came to the earth; but rather, He humbled Himself as a suffering and obedient servant (Hebrews 5:8; Philippians 2:cool.

Only Jesus forgave sin in the Bible (Matthew 9:2). Only God Almighty can forgive sin.

Jesus Is The I AM (God almighty)

Jesus is the I AM of Exodus 3:14...

Exodus 3:14, “And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.”

The Jews picked up stones to kill Jesus when He made the following claim...

John 8:58, “Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.”

As you just read, Jesus directly claimed to be the I AM... God almighty!!! Amen and amen!!!

Jesus is God Almighty, which He claimed to be in Revelation 1:8...

Revelation 1:8, “I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.”

Jesus claimed to be God...

John 10:33 says, “The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, Makest Thyself God.”

“Makest Thyself God...”
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by Ojaycom(m): 4:30pm On Jan 10, 2013
Here's the simple answers:
-as some people mentioned earlier God is capable of inflicting anyone&anything with sickness but this happens in few cases.
-the devil can also give u sickness by oppression&so on WHEN God permits e.g the testimony of Job,satan had to ask God to remove His hedge of fire around job so that he(satan)can afflict him with different kinds of issues.dis is also nt our ideal case as d devil can't just give u malaria,u take some drugs&injections&u're fine..no see hw he dealt with Job,if not for God we no for hear of d guy
-now u ask hw come a good child of God can fall sick(pls oppression&persecution don't mean d same thing)or even die of sickness? God created man to die of old age not of sickness.
Ladies&gentlemen d major thing dat has been killing people up&down & we're busy blaming God&satan is simply with us bt few realise it. Remember my people perish for lack of KNOWLEDGE!! Gal 6:7 watsoeva u sow dat u mst reap,in every sense of d Word.Ps 139:14 "I am fearfully&wonderfully made" how can something dats fearfully&wonderfully made suffer from sickness? Simple the person caused it for his/herself.
Apart 4rm d 1st 2 instances which don't happen often we cause our own problems,how can a child of God(someone dats nt living in sin pass tru/die of sickness inflicted by satan& God will jst b watching)it doesn't make sense&i'll proove it.

Wat causes sickness in MOST cases is simply bad lifestyle especially wat u put in your MOUTH!!
If u need proof,lemme know,I don't want2type much
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by gbrookes02: 10:08pm On Jan 10, 2013
julietjuks:

i dont understand why u have to employ all this scripture to prove a point. if Jesus is the author of sickness as u say it then why did he die. have u asked urself was his death,burial and resurrection a political arrangement among the dieties to fool man or did he die to resue man from sin and sickness.by his death he took mans place, i mean ur place in death,sickness and the judgement of God so that u do not ever have to go through any of them.God is love and does care about how we enjoy our lifes cos thats his desire for his children.

Jesus died to save His own, His church, see Ephesians 5:25; Acts 20:28; Revelation 5:9-10 "And they sang a new song, saying:

“You are worthy to take the scroll
and to open its seals,
because you were slain,
and with your blood you purchased for God
persons from every tribe and language and people and nation.
10 You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to serve our God,
and they will reign on the earth.”"

(New International Version)

This is the world that Jesus died for in John 3:16, the world of His church, the world of His elect or chosen ones, only. His death and His resurection means eternal salvation for His church from His wrath in the eternal Hell fire, to be with Him in his eternal Kingdom of Heaven. It also means at our resurrection at His second coming His saints will get perfect eternal bodies, all assured and gotten by His death and resurrection.
In the bible we are told of saints who were sick and nothing about them been healed, see Philippians 2:25-30, 1 Timothy 5:23 (Timothy was told to drink wine instead); 2 Timothy 4:20.
Romans 11: 36 "For from him and through him and for him are all things.
To him be the glory forever! Amen."

Read the article "The Charismatic Movement 35 Doctrinal Issues" for further information at: http://www.middletownbiblechurch.org/doctrine/charis06.htm
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by gbrookes02: 10:08pm On Jan 10, 2013
julietjuks:

Jesus died to save His own, His church, see Ephesians 5:25; Acts 20:28; Revelation 5:9-10 "And they sang a new song, saying:

and to open its seals,
because you were slain,

This is the world that Jesus died for in John 3:16, the world of His church, the world of His elect or chosen ones, only. His death and His resurection means eternal salvation for His church from His wrath in the eternal Hell fire, to be with Him in his eternal Kingdom of Heaven. It also means at our resurrection at His second coming His saints will get perfect eternal bodies, all assured and gotten by His death and resurrection.
In the bible we are told of saints who were sick and nothing about them been healed, see Philippians 2:25-30, 1 Timothy 5:23 (Timothy was told to drink wine instead); 2 Timothy 4:20.

Read the article "The Charismatic Movement 35 Doctrinal Issues" for further information at: http://www.middletownbiblechurch.org/doctrine/charis06.htm
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by julietjuks: 11:14pm On Jan 10, 2013
gbrookes02:

and to open its seals,
because you were slain,

i am thrilled at ur employment of scriptures but i must say that they are inappropriately. where was the church before he died or even came. u speak as though the church was reserved somewhere then he came to die for them. he came to die for the world it was after his resurrection that the church existence was possible.i appreciate ur zeal but u need guidance. i say this without meaning any offence.

1 Like

Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by julietjuks: 11:23pm On Jan 10, 2013
IT IS ONLY A FOOL THAT SAYS THERE IS NO GOD BECAUSE HE IS WITHOUT EXCUSE EVEN NATURE ITSELF CAN NOT DENY THE EXISTENCE OF GOD.DO U THINK O SIMPLE THAT ALL U SEE WAS A MERE ACCIDENT. THINK AGAIN. GOD LOVES U.
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by AtheistD(m): 8:29am On Jan 12, 2013
julietjuks: IT IS ONLY A FOOL THAT SAYS THERE IS NO GOD BECAUSE HE IS WITHOUT EXCUSE EVEN NATURE ITSELF CAN NOT DENY THE EXISTENCE OF GOD.DO U THINK O SIMPLE THAT ALL U SEE WAS A MERE ACCIDENT. THINK AGAIN. GOD LOVES U.

undecided

You guys love calling ppl fools. I hope you can accept as good as you can give.
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by cold(m): 9:21pm On Jan 12, 2013
Bidam: stop reading the bible out of context...what IS the definition of SIN? IT is just the law of cause and effect...free will my friend...some folks believe, well, wateva is GOD'S will. HE'LL just do it. if it is GOD'S WILL to heal me, HE'LL do it. If He doesn't heal me, it must not be HIS Will to heal..but you see, God can't do anymore in your life than you permit Him to do. Man is free moral agent; he has the ability and right to make his own choices in life. he can open the door of his heart and choose to accept JESUS CHRIST as saviour and lord and be born again, or he can choose to reject JESUS.
Even after you are born again, you don't lose your will or your right to choose...from the scriptures you quoted the children of isreal have the free will to choose what they wanted...if you continue reading down to Deuteronomy 30:19 you will see GOD even giving them a candid advice...our GOD DOES NOT WISH ANY MAN TO PERISH. HE IS NOT A WICKED GOD.
Deuteronomy 30:19 ►

New International Version (©1984)
This day I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live

New Living Translation (©2007)
"Today I have given you the choice between life and death, between blessings and curses. Now I call on heaven and earth to witness the choice you make. Oh, that you would choose life, so that you and your descendants might live!

English Standard Version (©2001)
I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore[b] choose life, that you and your offspring may live,
[/b]

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
"I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. So choose life in order that you may live, you and your descendants,

Holman Christian Standard Bible (©2009)
I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you today that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Choose life so that you and your descendants may live,

International Standard Version (©2012)
I call heaven and earth to testify against you today! I've set life and death before you today: both blessings and curses. Choose life, that it may be well with you—you and your children.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

Please stop regurgitating the old stand by phrase reserved for all tricky questions. God's ways are not our ways or God works in mysterious ways. It's getting tiring. Did God not say those things or not? Simple as
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jan 12, 2013
cold:
Please stop regurgitating the old stand by phrase reserved for all tricky questions. God's ways are not our ways or God works in mysterious ways. It's getting tiring. Did God not say those things or not? Simple as
YEAh..too bad you don't know HIS ways..but we are privileged to know it..i can show you HIS ways.
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by wordthots: 5:18pm On Jan 13, 2013
gbrookes02:

On the hatred of God.

(King James Version)

(King James Version)

This had always been a big question for me, but a while back I did a little study:
I hope this helps

The Old Testament is the New Testament concealed and the Old Testament revealed. I believe revelation knowledge is progressive and the highest revelations of God are revealed in the New Testament and not the Old Testament. That's why when Jesus called God father the Jews picked up stones to stone him.
Looking at the Old Testament and the New Testament, it looks as though there are quite a number of contradictions. Good and evil are attributed to God in the Old Testament. Obviously most of us don’t have a problem with the former, but we have a big problem with the latter because it seems to contradict the New Testament. Now, before I go into seeming contradictions between the Old and New let me talk about some in the Old.

The killings of the first born in Egypt seem to be done by God, but if you look closely at Exodus 12:23 there is a little distinction.

23. The LORD will go throughout Egypt to kill the Egyptians. When he sees the blood on the top and sides of the doorframe, he will pass over that doorway, and he will not let the destroyer come into your home to kill you (GW trans.)

It first says God will kill then it says God won't allow the destroyer. In 2Samuel 24:1 we are told David was tempted by God and then 1chronicles 21:1 narrates same thing and attributes it to the Devil. Also, guess we all know the story of Job who though he was robbed by the devil of all he had attributed it to God (this was based on his level of revelation). These seeming contradictions (except Job) are good pointers to something, which I will explain in the last paragraph.

Seeming contradictions between OT and NT are:

Isaiah 45:7 and 1 john 1:5 (God is light and there’s no darkness in Him), Amos 3:5 and James 1:13 and 17 (God does not do evil), Exodus 12:23a and 1cor. 15:26 (Death is Gods enemy), Exodus 12:23a and John 10:10 (the thief .... steal, kill and destroy) etc.

Most things seem concealed in the Old Testament. For example in Genesis the serpent isn’t called the devil, till the NT (Revelation 12:9).
Like I said the revelation in the bible is progressive, if not for the Epistles we won’t understand the Gospels fully and what Jesus came to accomplish. Our inheritance, identity and all as believers are found in the Epistles.

The New Testament gives us a clearer picture of who God is. The ministry of Jesus and the Epistles give a clear picture of who God really is and what his will is. He is the life giver, the healer, father etc. This obviously contradicts some parts in the Old Testament but this doesn’t mean we should throw away the Old Testament. For all scripture is God breathed and Paul was referring to the old testament when he made this statement and also God doesn't change.

But like Dr Young (Youngs bible translation) explains it in “Hints to Bible interpretation” the verbs in the Old Testament, the original Hebrew is actually written in the permissive sense rather than the causative sense. The translators of the OT put it in the causative sense (well some of it that is why there are seeming contradictions in the OT too), so in actual fact God didn’t do, but God permitted. A very good example is the story of Job.
Godbless

Would try to address other parts soon.
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by Nobody: 6:35am On Jan 15, 2013
wordthots:

My brother this your interpretation get comma o, though I undastand your stand point. If we say God is soveriegn and all things come from Him, it means sin came from God and God can sin. So does God commission sin? Can God sin? Since God Can cause anything, did he cause Adam to sin? Also if God causes evil, what then does the Devil do?

Guess the truth is plain not all things come from God and though God is sovereign there is still a place for the will of man. Man always has a choice he is not a robot.

Also bro I reaad the post o, and I honestly hope you don't believe that embarassed . Jesus finished work is for anyone and everyone that believes but man always has a choice. Jesus came for everyone not some that have been predestinated, that's a perversion. The devil will be happy With that kind of message cause there will be no need to evangelise, and he have more people with him.(No insult intended)

Please don't reduce the efficacy of the blood of Jesus, it covers all humanity; its nt the blood of goats and bulls.

There are so many scriptures to back this up john 3:16, 2cor 5:19, 2peter 3:6-9, 1timothy 2:4, romans 3:22, 2thess. 2:12, 1john 2:2 etc

Romans 3:22
 Namely, the righteousness of God which comes by believing with personal trust and confident reliance on Jesus Christ (the Messiah). [And it is meant] for ALL who believe. For there is no distinction (AMP)

Mark 16:15
 And He said to them, Go into all the world and preach and publish openly the good news (the Gospel) to every creature [of the whole [a]human race] (AMP)

Godbless
God bless you for the exposition bro...u re one of the very few am eager to read their post on nairaland..so many false teachings and doctrines are flying all around these days on the internet..May God help the Elect.
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by wordthots: 12:55pm On Jan 17, 2013
Did you notice that before most of this verses (Ephesians 1:11and romans 8:36)Paul was talking about salvation? I believe these scriptures should be interpreted in the light of these scriptures.
Still collecting my thoughts
For now I will concentrate of interpreting theses scriptures in the right context. Would touch on salvation much later
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by wordthots: 8:33pm On Jan 17, 2013
@ gbrookes

I decided to explain your anchor scriptures in the right context, I hope this helps...

Ephesians 1:11

All things are done according to God's plan and decision; and God chose us to be his own people in union with Christ because of his own purpose, based on what he had decided from the very beginning (GNB)

This passage is referring clearly to salvation, salvation is the right context.
It talks about a plan/will of God, which is already referred to in verse 4 and 5 (most especially 5).

5 God[b] had already decided that through Jesus Christ he would make us his children—this was his pleasure and purpose. (GNB)

Now verse 10 talks about how that plan keeps unfolding till the millenial reign (the ultimate goal).

"All things are done according to God's plan" what does this mean

His plan was to bring christ and "through Jesus Christ he would make us his children" (v5). This plan (christs coming and our union with him) will lead to the ultimate goal v10

Before christ came how did God work all things to this plan?

Isreal was chosen by God, even though from time to time they were disobedient he still worked through them to fulfill his plan of bringing Jesus.
God used men despite their flaws in accomplishing his plan. Examples are Rehab (a prostitute), Jacob (correct 419ner), David (adulterer and murderer), Abraham( liar) etc.

God did not push David to commit adultery with Bathsheba neither did he make him kill her husband, David did that himself. Yet Jesus is a dscendant of the son of that woman and also a descendant of the people listed above( that's God working all things to his plan).

It would be ridicolous to think God pushed them to disobedience. The truth is they made their choices but God still worked thru this

Some men under the old testament had a glimpse of this plan, that's why we have hebrews 11

God worked through men, giving them various signs and shadows of what his plan was, for example Abraham wanting to sacrifice Isaac, moses putting a snake on a "cross", the rock which moses hit, Noah and the ark etc. All this were pointers to Gods plan

Even till now He is still working through us, bringing more men to himself through us and also till that ultimate goal (millenial reign) is fulfilled. Phillipians 2:13 (its God at work in us both to will and to do of His good pleasure), 2cor 4:7( we carry this treasure in earthen vessels...)

Though we have flaws and are not perfect yet he still works through us.

I believe that's what the passage is talking about, its not talking about God doing "all things" in terms of good and evil but rather that through the dispensations of times God worked through men despite flaws till christ came bodily and is still working till the ultimate goal is fulfilled.
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by wordthots: 8:35pm On Jan 17, 2013
This is also just like ephesians 1 cause the context is salvation.

Chapter 10 gives us a good background for chapter 11. It talks about how the isrealites have rejected Gods method of establishing righteousness (by faith) and how they embraced their own method of establishing righteousness (by the law). It refers to how the gentiles have embraced the gospel and gives prophecies to back this up.

In chapter 11 it talks about how the benefit of salvation was passed to the gentiles despite isreals rejection of it (thanks to Gods providence). God working all things despite their rejection.

11-12 Now I ask myself, “Was this fall of theirs an utter disaster? It was not! For through their failure the benefit of salvation has passed to the Gentiles with the result that Israel is made to see and feel what is has missed. For if their failure has so enriched the world, and their defection proved such a benefit to the Gentiles, think what tremendous advantage their fulfilling of God’s plan could mean. (JB Phillips)

The latter part places an argument for jews despite their rejection and why the gentiles should not feel conceited cause they believe but rather fear God. Also paul talks about how isreal can still be restored if they believe, despite their initial rejection. He argues that their restoration is even "simpler" than the salvation of the gentiles (he uses the analogy of a tree)

The whole chapter just shows how Gods plan unfolds both to jews and gentiles despite deir flaws. It shows us how complex and wise Gods thoughts can be, and how he works all things according to his will. Hence the reason for the last 4 verses which praise God who works all things (in this case salvation) according to His will.

34-35 Frankly, I stand amazed at the unfathomable complexity of God’s wisdom and God’s knowledge. How could man ever understand his reasons for action, or explain his methods of working? For: ‘Who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has become his counsellor?’ ‘Or who has first given to him and it shall be repaid to him?’

36 For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things. To him be the glory for ever, amen. (JB Phillips)

its not referring to God doing good and evil or how good and evil comes from God, but how God brings his plans to pass despite seeming flaws.
Re: Sickness Is Not An Act Of God by wordthots: 8:38pm On Jan 17, 2013
1corinthians 8:6

5-6 For although there may be so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth, as indeed there are many of them, both of gods and of lords and masters,
Yet for us there is [only] one God, the Father, Who is the Source of all things and for Whom we [have life], and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through and by Whom are all things and through and by Whom we [ourselves exist]. (AMP)

A good parallel for this scripture is john 1:1-3

In the beginning [before all time] was the Word ([a]Christ), and the Word was with God, and the Word was God [b]Himself.
2 He was present originally with God.
3 All things were made and came into existence through Him; and without Him was not even one thing made that has come into being. (AMP)

And another good parallel scripture is genesis 1

This passages are referring to creation in general and not that all things (good and evil) come from God.
Looking at the creation story it was never said that God created darkness, but rather he called forth light (v2). Also in some other place all God created was seen as good ( that's the opposite of evil)
This are just pointers to the real attributes of God
Evil, sicknesses n all didn't exist in the beginning they came after the fall of man. The devil became the god of the world when man fell.
From the story of Job, john 10:10, acts 10:38 he is the author of evil and oppression.
I will end by asking you this question

Will sickness and all forms of evil exist in heaven and the millenial reign?

About isaiah 45 still putting my thoughts together.

Godbless

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around / 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. / The Consequences Of Polygamy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 180
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.