Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,417 members, 7,812,229 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:22 AM

What Has Gov. Fash Done To Some Nlders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Has Gov. Fash Done To Some Nlders (1536 Views)

Has Gov Fayose Been Impeached By APC? / “this Is What I Urge You To Think About As You Vote On Saturday” – Gov. Fash / What Has Gov. Peter Obi Done To Reduce Unemployment In Anambra State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Has Gov. Fash Done To Some Nlders by larride(m): 12:30pm On Jan 06, 2013
I have noticed that some people on here just chose to hate Gov. Fash with passion either because of the influence of Tinubu, The restriction of motorcylce on some major highway, because he's in ACN and some other excuse or the other.

The question now is WHY do nairalander hate Gov. Fash so much, anybody that hasn't been to Lagos or is abroad but visit NL will think he's the most stupid and inept administration this country will ever have meanwhile reverse is the case.

Some people say he's a dictator. We want change but we are unwilling to pay the price for the change, change is gradual and painful, you can't eat your cake and have it. Gaddafi was a dictator in Libya, go and check how he impacted his people life, we need leaders who can make the necessary actions without sentiments. A visionary leader that is firm and also care for the masses.

The way some people vent on here you will think that Lagosians are tired of Gov. Fash or ACN which infact isn't the case. The okada riders has moved on, they have gotten a new way to survive without riding okada, infact I went to oshodi going to mafoluko and I see okada rider still working without no one disturbing them. Everyone has his/her opinion but please let's stop saying LAGOSIANS are tired of Gov. Fash because as far as I know and I'm talking about the masses, they still respect and honor him.
Re: What Has Gov. Fash Done To Some Nlders by iamtheprincipal: 1:02pm On Jan 06, 2013
For me, Gov. BRF has done nothing wrong. Some persons opted to criticise his administration because of his benefactor whom they say has taken possession of Lagos State.
Re: What Has Gov. Fash Done To Some Nlders by larride(m): 1:17pm On Jan 06, 2013
iamtheprincipal: For me, Gov. BRF has done nothing wrong. Some persons opted to criticise his administration because of his benefactor whom they say has taken possession of Lagos State.

Even at that, they are both different individuals. If you want to rubbish/criticize Tinubu which isn't a saint by the way, you are free to do that but to rubbish Gov. Fash administrations and abilities as a leader with what he has done for Lagos so far, then I don't know what they want him to do. He has done much but he can still do better and he can only achieve that with the speed he's going.
Re: What Has Gov. Fash Done To Some Nlders by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jan 06, 2013
If you are good,folks will complain.if you are bad,you make more enemies and if you chose to be indifferent,they will insult you of being focusless.why not just ignore them mo'r'ons and live your life to your taste ? Learn to ignore never-do-well !
Re: What Has Gov. Fash Done To Some Nlders by ikeyman00(m): 1:42pm On Jan 06, 2013
@@@@@@@@

within few years he has been a governor he should be really doing more to it

and he knows that!

but with one man collecting taxes and the other cosigning

there isnt much transparencies there?

what do u say?

Lagos by now should have most of its roads damn solidly built with roads signs visibly display

forget the ACN agbeors in nl; the truth must live am afraid!
Re: What Has Gov. Fash Done To Some Nlders by ba7man(m): 1:45pm On Jan 06, 2013
They're probably Okada riders and he's seized their bikes. On a more serious note, you'll notice that its d same names that keep re-occuring whenever he's being criticized and no matter Fashola's efforts u post in pix, they'll say they haven't seen anything, same with providing them with answers.
Re: What Has Gov. Fash Done To Some Nlders by larride(m): 1:58pm On Jan 06, 2013
ikeyman00: @@@@@@@@

within few years he has been a governor he should be really doing more to it

and he knows that!

but with one man collecting taxes and the other cosigning

there isnt much transparencies there?

what do u say?

Lagos by now should have most of its roads damn solidly built with roads signs visibly display

forget the ACN agbeors in nl; the truth must live am afraid!

I'm sorry but when last did you visit Lagos?
Re: What Has Gov. Fash Done To Some Nlders by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jan 06, 2013
I have voted only once in my entire life and that was during the last gubernatorial election in lagos.There I had the misfortune of voting for BRF but the man since the inception of his second term has become very dictatorian and insensitive to the plight of the common man.To say he is a disapointment would be an understatement.

You people singing his praises should go and sample opinions of the market women,artisans and other downtroden who has no access to internet facilities.

ACN had better face reality,there are likely going to loose lagos in 2015.Thwy seem to have taken it for granted that Lagos is theirs.

The poor people who are @ the receiving end of his obnoxious policies would troup out enmasse to vote them out irresspective of tribe or religion.afterall there are all equally affected by his policies.

ACN should get ready to win only in ikoyi,vi,banana island and other elitist parts of lagos where most of his praise singers reside.

The majority who reside in the slums with no access to internet facilities would vote them out.
Re: What Has Gov. Fash Done To Some Nlders by Afam4eva(m): 2:52pm On Jan 06, 2013
At the beginning people just hated Fashola's benefactor and talk that it would be better for him to leave the claws of Tinubu. But right now, it's less about Tinubu and more about what Fashola has done. Yes, we can all agree that he has done better than his predecessors but the hype is just too much. You can't really blame those that are praising him to high heavens because this is the first time they're experiencing a semblance of development in a long time. So, while people like this are viewing Fashola's tenure in plain black and white, people like us are looking at more critical and deep issues that's not visible to myopic eyes.
Re: What Has Gov. Fash Done To Some Nlders by koruji(m): 3:01pm On Jan 06, 2013
Yeah right - "not visible to myopic eyes" is really code for prempting his rising profile towards 2015!!!

afam4eva: At the beginning people just hated Fashola's benefactor and talk that it would be better for him to leave the claws of Tinubu. But right now, it's less about Tinubu and more about what Fashola has done. Yes, we can all agree that he has done better than his predecessors but the hype is just too much. You can't really blame those that are praising him to high heavens because this is the first time they're experiencing a semblance of development in a long time. So, while people like this are viewing Fashola's tenure in plain black and white, people like us are looking at more critical and deep issues that's not visible to myopic eyes.
Re: What Has Gov. Fash Done To Some Nlders by Afam4eva(m): 3:02pm On Jan 06, 2013
koruji: Yeah right - "not visible to myopic eyes" is really code for prempting his rising profile towards 2015!!!

I still feel Fashola will make a good president or vice-president. He'' do wayyy better than all these no-performers that we've had in Aso rock. But that does not change the fact that his achievements in Lagos is over-hyped.
Re: What Has Gov. Fash Done To Some Nlders by PointB: 3:13pm On Jan 06, 2013
It is not about having anything personal against Fashola. The core of the discontent is that Lagos State receives over N30B every month, but there is no commensurate project completed to justify the income. What's even alarming is that most of the project attributed to Fashola are either private sector sponsored or World Bank financed.

Isn't it then worrying that while Lagos State generate high IGR and receives substantial FG allocation, the state is continually being immersed further and further into external debt. If this is not sign of stealing and systematic corruption, pray, say what is?
Re: What Has Gov. Fash Done To Some Nlders by koruji(m): 3:28pm On Jan 06, 2013
And you have sat down and costed all of Fash's projects and you find that they don't fit his budgets? The man has literally commissioned 100s of major projects! You people keep talking as if he has not published comprehensive info on his budgets - stop being lazy and flippant and read! But who am I kidding.

BTW the Lagos per person budget is about average in the nation e.g. in 2013 it is about N130k for Bayelsa and only N33k for Lagos even less than for Ondo State.

PointB: It is not about having anything personal against Fashola. The core of the discontent is that Lagos State receives over N30B every month, but there is no commensurate project completed to justify the income. What's even alarming is that most of the project attributed to Fashola are either private sector sponsored or World Bank financed.

Isn't it then worrying that while Lagos State generate high IGR and receives substantial FG allocation, the state is continually being immersed further and further into external debt. If this is not sign of stealing and systematic corruption, pray, say what is?
Re: What Has Gov. Fash Done To Some Nlders by takedat(m): 3:55pm On Jan 06, 2013
The first is those who demand critical appraisal of his government. These set of NLders only seek transparency, accountability and good governance though few among the posters.

His other critics are the "settlers" from a particular region who are mostly embittered over Fashola's utterances on either the need to vacate Lagos or the "deportation" of their tribes men and the attitude of some NLders from the SW in promoting tribal jingoism.

The third is those who only seek to score political points. Ever since some NLders started clamouring for a Fashola presidency, the PDP "brown nosers" in the house have taking it upon themselves to smear him with un verifiable facts and ludicrous allegations!
Re: What Has Gov. Fash Done To Some Nlders by larride(m): 4:11pm On Jan 06, 2013
PointB: It is not about having anything personal against Fashola. The core of the discontent is that Lagos State receives over N30B every month, but there is no commensurate project completed to justify the income. What's even alarming is that most of the project attributed to Fashola are either private sector sponsored or World Bank financed.

Go and read up the 100 days in office meeting. Take off your PDP red tinted glasses and see Fashola achievements/project for yourself.
Re: What Has Gov. Fash Done To Some Nlders by EkoIle1: 4:27pm On Jan 06, 2013
larride: I have noticed that some people on here just chose to hate Gov. Fash with passion either because of the influence of Tinubu, The restriction of motorcylce on some major highway, because he's in ACN and some other excuse or the other.

The question now is WHY do nairalander hate Gov. Fash so much, anybody that hasn't been to Lagos or is abroad but visit NL will think he's the most stupid and inept administration this country will ever have meanwhile reverse is the case.

Some people say he's a dictator. We want change but we are unwilling to pay the price for the change, change is gradual and painful, you can't eat your cake and have it. Gaddafi was a dictator in Libya, go and check how he impacted his people life, we need leaders who can make the necessary actions without sentiments. A visionary leader that is firm and also care for the masses.

The way some people vent on here you will think that Lagosians are tired of Gov. Fash or ACN which infact isn't the case. The okada riders has moved on, they have gotten a new way to survive without riding okada, infact I went to oshodi going to mafoluko and I see okada rider still working without no one disturbing them. Everyone has his/her opinion but please let's stop saying LAGOSIANS are tired of Gov. Fash because as far as I know and I'm talking about the masses, they still respect and honor him.

1. Tribalism

2. Envy and jealousy

3. Cry out for help and with they have their own Fashola to rescue them from backwardness and squalor.
Re: What Has Gov. Fash Done To Some Nlders by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jan 06, 2013
Eko Ile:

1. Tribalism

2. Envy and jealousy

3. Cry out for help and with they have their own Fashola to rescue them from backwardness and squalor.

You really think the yoruba okada man shot in illupeju will call that tribalism or the yoruba market men and women forced to trek long distances will think of tribalism?

People are getting disenfranchised with fashola and this has got nothing to do with tribalism please deal with it.

ACNw would not have won lagos if it had depended on only yoruba votes.Lagos is too cosmopolitan and has a very high non-yoruba population.People in lagos has always voted for candidites devoid of any tribal motivation.stop seeing criticisms as been motivated by tribal sentiments.
Re: What Has Gov. Fash Done To Some Nlders by EkoIle1: 4:48pm On Jan 06, 2013

Though I try not to pay you any attention because y0u are not t be taken seriously because of the post above.

1. Lagos state's IGR is not 30 billion, this is the lie and deception you people manufacture and run around with on NR. Lagos state's IGR is 23 billion.

2. What Lagos state is getting in IGR is what other state's are getting same amount in Allocation which enables them to register the same budget numbers like Lagos state

3. IGR means little or nothing if it doesn't push you over state's like Akwa Ibom, Rivers and more in terms of the actual budgets budgets that you have to work with.

4.Bottom line, Lagos states like many other states have similar budgets while Lagos state's population is 20 million and these other states with similar budgets have only 2-3 million people.

5. Lagos states with it's budget and population is still delivering tons more than the other states with same amount of money and just 2 million people.

6. Rivers state with N 427 billion budget is seeking extra N 100 billion in form of bonds which at the end of the day means 427 billion + 100 = 527 billion in spending.

7. Rivers state's population is only 5 million

8. With such huge budgets and low population, these other states should be looking way better than Dubai or at least on their way there...

So, if you are really concerned abut the nonsense you push everyday on NL, common sense dictates that you look elsewhere beyond Lagos first, common sense dictates that you look at the states with similar amount of money like Lagos but less delivery like Lagos even with the little population and need they are blessed to have unlike Lagos. These little population states with higher budgets too have serious external debts. Akwa Ibom is on the top ten list of states with the highest budgets.

This is why I make fun of you people instead of taking you seriously.

3 Likes

Re: What Has Gov. Fash Done To Some Nlders by texazzpete(m): 4:49pm On Jan 06, 2013
Sample the opinions of the common man on the street in Lagos about Fashola and you'll be surprised how far the man has fallen in their estimation compared to his first term.

larride:

I'm sorry but when last did you visit Lagos?

I'm by 'Lagos' you mean Ikoyi, VI, VGC, Lekki.
Go take a walk through the streets of Ejigbo, walk down that Ikotun road where Joshua's Synagogue is. Walk through the slums of Lagos and see how well you can spin it as a 'paradise'.

Fashola has done some good things...he's also done some awful, brainless things too. Just as you slavishly point out the good things, others will point out the bad things. There's a balance here that you're trying to upset.

PS: Go to Edo State and see how the common man speaks of Adams Oshiomhole. From Taxi drivers to Okada operators to Professors and Market women...all positive stories. Yet Oshiomhole doesn't get up to 5% of the hype Fashola gets!
Re: What Has Gov. Fash Done To Some Nlders by EkoIle1: 4:50pm On Jan 06, 2013
chukwudi44:

You really think the yoruba okada man shot in illupeju will call that tribalism or the yoruba market men and women forced to trek long distances will think of tribalism?

People are getting disenfranchised with fashola and this has got nothing to do with tribalism please deal with it.

ACNw would not have won lagos if it had depended on only yoruba votes.Lagos is too cosmopolitan and has a very high non-yoruba population.People in lagos has always voted for candidites devoid of any tribal motivation.stop seeing criticisms as been motivated by tribal sentiments.

Is this why you hate FASHOLA? What's Okada man shot dead got to do with anything? Would you like me to start talking about the hundreds of Lagosians Okada killed and injured.?

Please find something better to talk about..
Re: What Has Gov. Fash Done To Some Nlders by EkoIle1: 4:54pm On Jan 06, 2013
texazzpete: Sample the opinions of the common man on the street in Lagos about Fashola and you'll be surprised how far the man has fallen in their estimation compared to his first term.

I'm by 'Lagos' you mean Ikoyi, VI, VGC, Lekki.
Go take a walk through the streets of Ejigbo, walk down that Ikotun road where Joshua's Synagogue is. Walk through the slums of Lagos and see how well you can spin it as a 'paradise'.

Fashola has done some good things...he's also done some awful, brainless things too. Just as you slavishly point out the good things, others will point out the bad things. There's a balance here that you're trying to upset.

PS: Go to Edo State and see how the common man speaks of Adams Oshiomhole. From Taxi drivers to Okada operators to Professors and Market women...all positive stories. Yet Oshiomhole doesn't get up to 5% of the hype Fashola gets!

Who did the sampling? A died hard Fashola hater like you? Were you not saying the same Rubbish before the last Election and didn't the people of Lagos shamed you when they gave Fashola a land slide victory back to Alausa?

Sample ko, jara ni...
Re: What Has Gov. Fash Done To Some Nlders by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jan 06, 2013
Eko Ile:

Is this why you hate FASHOLA? What's Okada man shot dead got to do with anything? Would you like me to start talking about the hundreds of Lagosians Okada killed and injured.?

Please find something better to talk about..

You really think the life of a nigerian citizen is immaterial just because he is an okada rider? C'mon babe you can do better than that.

My point is people affected by his anti-masses policies will readily vote him out irrespective of tribal or religious affiliations ditto for those who reside in the ikoyis,VIs,Banana islands e.t.c

But the main point in a democrasy is that it is a game of nos.The vote of dangote=the vote of one okada man.Most of these elites who sing is praises might not even come out to vote on that day.Unless fashola retraces hisb steps ACN is finished in lagos.Forget Tinubu he cannot tell me whom to vote for
Re: What Has Gov. Fash Done To Some Nlders by EkoIle1: 5:17pm On Jan 06, 2013
chukwudi44:

You really think the life of a nigerian citizen is immaterial just because he is an okada rider? C'mon babe you can do better than that.

[b]My point is people affected by his anti-masses policies [/b]will readily vote him out irrespective of tribal or religious affiliations ditto for those who reside in the ikoyis,VIs,Banana islands e.t.c

But the main point in a democrasy is that it is a game of nos.The vote of dangote=the vote of one okada man.Most of these elites who sing is praises might not even come out to vote on that day.Unless fashola retraces hisb steps ACN is finished in lagos.Forget Tinubu he cannot tell me whom to vote for

1. We have a traffic law in Lagos today because of the value and respect Fashola and is government place on human life. Every life is precious including the lives of the hundreds of people Okada killed and injured.

2. You are here acting holy over one okada death, but not many many more okada killed and injured. So where is your own humanity and concern for them? You don't think they have families too? You don't think their lives mean something?

3. The people Okada people are killing and injuring everyday because of their lawless behavior are part of the masses too, they are Lagosians too and somebody got to protect and look out for them. Every life is sacred, not just okada man's life.

4. If bringing sanity to our roads and saving lives is the reason why you hate fashola, then you have a serious problem, a problem that I can not help you with.

5. You should try to run for public office in your town or village and allow okada to kill all your people and trash all your laws, the choice is your, but Lagos is trying not to become a lawless jungle where anything goes.

You are very misguided, the reason why you hate Fashola is the reason why many people love him. You are on your own.

1 Like

Re: What Has Gov. Fash Done To Some Nlders by PointB: 5:21pm On Jan 06, 2013
larride:

Go and read up the 100 days in office meeting. Take off your PDP red tinted glasses and see Fashola achievements/project for yourself.

I don't give a rat's ar/se about PDP. To blazes with them for all I care.

My point, and that of every keen observer is that juxtaposed with over N30B every month for that last three years or so, Fashola's touted achievements pales into insignificance.

The BRT project is both world bank funded and private investment, pray where is N30B spent? Why is there no running water in Lagos homes? The Lekki-Epe road is private sector build and already tolled! Same applies to the Ikoyi bridge. The proposed Mile2-Badagry 10 lane project is funded by world bank, like the proposed expansion of the Ikorodu road. Did it take N30B to chase okada rider all over the city of Lagos? Was it spent planting and watering flowers?

There are litany of over inflated Lagos State sponsored projects in Lagos though (even if on paper), but the question remain how do they measure up to over N30B/month income of Lagos State. Shouldn't taxpayers ask where their money is going?
Re: What Has Gov. Fash Done To Some Nlders by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jan 06, 2013
@ekoile

I think we would have to wait till 2015 to really see how fashola and his party are.

I pray God almighty to keep us alive until then.
Re: What Has Gov. Fash Done To Some Nlders by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jan 06, 2013
The fact that majority of the people giving general and not specific criticism of Fashola are of Eastern stock says a lot.

It's all about Tribalism to these people and I hate their guts even more because of the following trends:

1. They criticize Fashola generally as a bad governor without specific reason i.e, in what area is he doing bad that trumps everything he is doing good?

2. The same people criticizing Fashola are praising Jonathan who we all know has done virtually nothing apart from 2900MW-4000MW after three years in office. That is close to saying Jonathan only achieved 2000MW or far less in one presidential term. But Fashola is still the on their lips even though many of them are in London, Detroit, New Jersey, Wisconsin, Alaska, Bratislava etc..

3. many of the people criticizing Fashola will praise Okorocha, Amaechi and Chime when none of these three has done close to half of what Fashola has done.

4. They are PDP apologists.

It's all about tribe to these eediots!! Leave Lagos if Yorubas are governing well. If you tell these people that Okonjo is packing our common wealth into the hands of her wall street masters, they put on their tribal defense Armour as if Okonjo is only financing for Igbo land.

Criticize Fashola if you have to constructively and be specific about what you are criticizing him for not come here and repeat the same ol bullshit.

2 Likes

Re: What Has Gov. Fash Done To Some Nlders by EkoIle1: 6:05pm On Jan 06, 2013
PointB:

My point, and that of every keen observer is that juxtaposed with over N30B every month for that last three years or so, Fashola's touted achievements pales into insignificance.

The BRT project is both world bank funded and private investment, pray where is N30B spent?
Why is there no running water in Lagos homes? The Lekki-Epe road is private sector build and already tolled! Same applies to the Ikoyi bridge. The proposed Mile2-Badagry 10 lane project is funded by world bank, like the proposed expansion of the Ikorodu road. Did it take N30B to chase okada rider all over the city of Lagos? Was it spent planting and watering flowers?

There are litany of over inflated Lagos State sponsored projects in Lagos though (even if on paper), but the question remain how do they measure up to over N30B/month income of Lagos State. Shouldn't taxpayers ask where their money is going?

What 30 billion are you talking about? It doesn't matter who financed what? World bank, russian bank , tokyo bank, the fact remains that we have a capable leader who is bright enough and blessed with enough vision to come up with ideas and solutions that unfortunately your paymasters don't have and will never have to save our country from ruin.

1. Common sense should tel you that even with 50 billion IGR, Lagos state still wont be able to fix or take care of all our infrastructural needs so help with outside funding is need to fund huge projects.

2. Your ignorance is appalling because you talk so much about this and that is funding everything. The Ikoyi bridge you mentioned, the project was kicked of with 10 Billion sate fund

State funds and resources goes into every one of these projects regardless who is financing what.

It would be recalled that the Lagos State Government was released the sum of N10 billion in 2009 to Messrs. Julius Berger Plc, towards the execution of two major infrastructure development projects in the bustling city.

The projects include the expansion of the Eric Moore-Mile 2 Road (which is the initial leg of the multi-billion-naira, multi-phase Lagos-Badagry Expressway rehabilitation scheme) as well as the Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge (connecting Lekki Peninsular Scheme I with Osborne Road in Ikoyi).http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=100891:lagos-admiralty-ikoyi-suspension-bridge-gets-toll-gate-nears-completion&catid=25:property&Itemid=655

3. You shout so much about 30 Billion which is a dumb lie anyways because the IGR is 23 billion, you are 7 billion off mark.

...what do you think the state is paying the second largest civil service in west africa with?

what do you think the state built 16 skills acquisition centers with?

What do you think the state built hospitals and maternal centers with?

What do you think the state built low cost housing with?

what do you think the state built schools with?

What do you think the state clean the state with?

what do you think the state pay utility bills with

I can go on and on... You shout these silly numbers out of ignorance, not out of knowledge. People like you make me laugh..
Re: What Has Gov. Fash Done To Some Nlders by EkoIle1: 6:06pm On Jan 06, 2013
Also, I would like to see the list of the inflated contracts, the lists, contracts and the inflated figures.

I'm waiting.
Re: What Has Gov. Fash Done To Some Nlders by EkoIle1: 6:12pm On Jan 06, 2013
0lumide: The fact that majority of the people giving general and not specific criticism of Fashola are of Eastern stock says a lot.

It's all about Tribalism to these people and I hate their guts even more because of the following trends:

1. They criticize Fashola generally as a bad governor without specific reason i.e, in what area is he doing bad that trumps everything he is doing good?

2. The same people criticizing Fashola are praising Jonathan who we all know has done virtually nothing apart from 2900MW-4000MW after three years in office. That is close to saying Jonathan only achieved 2000MW or far less in one presidential term. But Fashola is still the on their lips even though many of them are in London, Detroit, New Jersey, Wisconsin, Alaska, Bratislava etc..

3. many of the people criticizing Fashola will praise Okorocha, Amaechi and Chime when none of these three has done close to half of what Fashola has done.

4. They are PDP apologists.

It's all about tribe to these eediots!! Leave Lagos if Yorubas are governing well. If you tell these people that Okonjo is packing our common wealth into the hands of her wall street masters, they put on their tribal defense Armour as if Okonjo is only financing for Igbo land.

Criticize Fashola if you have to constructively and be specific about what you are criticizing him for not come here and repeat the same ol bullshit.

This is what amazes me. It's like these people don't care if their own leaders do or don't do anything for their own people, as long as they get to spend all their time worrying about other people who are actually delivering for their people.

If you ask them to give you a list of any project in their states, they run away.

Tribalism is sending them back into the stone age and they are here loosing sleep about other people...

Laughable characters...
Re: What Has Gov. Fash Done To Some Nlders by koruji(m): 6:16pm On Jan 06, 2013
Funny that such educated people would be making crass claims like the below.
You think the World Bank gives the funds free. All these are loans - where do you think the funds for servicing the loans come from?
That's right, the Lagos State government has to pay the loans even before the project is completed.
The tolls help ensure that that money can be recovered and put to good use for new projects in the future, expanding the capacity of the state to take better care of citizens.
It seems you are ashamed of your own state - otherwise this your gun-ho determination to see that Lagos excels should be in your home state.
Be careful what you invite on yourself with an agenda that is so crass as to shame Satan into hiding in the deepest parts of hell.

PointB:

The BRT project is both world bank funded and private investment, pray where is N30B spent? Why is there no running water in Lagos homes? The Lekki-Epe road is private sector build and already tolled! Same applies to the Ikoyi bridge. The proposed Mile2-Badagry 10 lane project is funded by world bank, like the proposed expansion of the Ikorodu road. Did it take N30B to chase okada rider all over the city of Lagos? Was it spent planting and watering flowers?

Re: What Has Gov. Fash Done To Some Nlders by koruji(m): 6:23pm On Jan 06, 2013
Put your political agenda on okada riders - they will drive you straight to you-know-where!!!
You people are so crass, it is not funny.
You are advised to stop promoting Yoruba hatred in Yoruba-land before you bring fire upon your own head.

chukwudi44:

Re: What Has Gov. Fash Done To Some Nlders by Standing5(m): 6:45pm On Jan 06, 2013
Lagos state is unigue in the whole of Africa cos of its population density. PointB probably didn't consider the fact that wages and recurrent expense will be extremely high for lagos state compared to other states. Lagos state needs more hospitals, water, health personel, traffic warders, teachers, and civil servants generally to cater for its populace than any other state. The only thing that would have been a consolation for the LASG is its landmass that should restrict road distance but the consolation is negated by the high population the roads support which leads to more maintenance cost.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pictures Of Abuja Town At Night / INCREDIBLE: Female President Kneels Down To Greet Tanzanian President (PHOTO) / Aviation: 5 Brand New International Airport Terminals Will Be Ready In 16 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.