Stats: 3,151,429 members, 7,812,271 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:59 AM

What Has Gov. Fash Done To Some Nlders - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Has Gov. Fash Done To Some Nlders (1537 Views)

Has Gov Fayose Been Impeached By APC? / “this Is What I Urge You To Think About As You Vote On Saturday” – Gov. Fash / What Has Gov. Peter Obi Done To Reduce Unemployment In Anambra State (2) (3) (4)

Re: What Has Gov. Fash Done To Some Nlders by EkoIle1: 6:55pm On Jan 06, 2013
Standing5: Lagos state is unigue in the whole of Africa cos of its population density. PointB probably didn't consider the fact that wages and recurrent expense will be extremely high for lagos state compared to other states. Lagos state needs more hospitals, water, health personel, traffic warders, teachers, and civil servants generally to cater for its populace than any other state. The only thing that would have been a consolation for the LASG is its landmass that should restrict road distance but the consolation is negated by the high population the roads support which leads to more maintenance cost.

What more can I say?

If they really care, the they should be yelling and crying about states with the same amount of money and budget like Lagos state, but with 2-5 million people and less responsibility and mouth to cater for. They don't simply because of petty tribalism.
Re: What Has Gov. Fash Done To Some Nlders by PointB: 7:23pm On Jan 06, 2013
Standing5: Lagos state is unigue in the whole of Africa cos of its population density. PointB probably didn't consider the fact that wages and recurrent expense will be extremely high for lagos state compared to other states. Lagos state needs more hospitals, water, health personel, traffic warders, teachers, and civil servants generally to cater for its populace than any other state. The only thing that would have been a consolation for the LASG is its landmass that should restrict road distance but the consolation is negated by the high population the roads support which leads to more maintenance cost.

This is actually a better way of defending Fashola rather than the usual tripe of ethnic jingoism touted by various respondents on this thread. And the lame crew that talk about Rivers, Bayelsa, should be reminded that the thread was open to discuss Fashola and Lagos, kindly stay on course.

It's true that Lagos has large civil servant population and as such pay more on recurrent expenses. However, since there is hardly any data that gives an inkling to the size of the civil service in Lagos, let alone the cost of maintaining them, we still owe it upon ourselves to ask hard questions of Lagos State Government. By the way, what is Lagos State doing to cut down it's recurrent expenses? Does paying Tinubu a huge chunk of it's revenue help?

Lagos generate over N23B in IGR and receives over N7B in Federal Allocation. How is the fund dispensed? Most of the project are funded with externally borrowed funds, and the private sector. The public pay to use them. These externally funded projects have more to do with the commercial viability of the state than any other consideration.

So the question remains: How has Fashola deployed over N30B to provide for the needs of the citizens of Lagos State? Is it enough to say that the civil service is huge, let's clap for him for using a huge chunk of the N30B to maintain them? Does the cosmopolitan nature of Lagos not demand more transparency? Shouldn't we know for instance how much is spent on feeding in Alausa? Why is there no running water in Lagos homes?
Re: What Has Gov. Fash Done To Some Nlders by ikeyman00(m): 7:25pm On Jan 06, 2013
@@@@@@@@

0lumide: 6:01pm

The fact that majority of the people giving general and not specific criticism of Fashola are of Eastern stock says a lot.

It's all about Tribalism to these people and I hate their guts even more because of the following trends:

1. They criticize Fashola generally as a bad governor without specific reason i.e, in what area is he doing bad that trumps everything he is doing good?

2. The same people criticizing Fashola are praising Jonathan who we all know has done virtually nothing apart from 2900MW-4000MW after three years in office. That is close to saying Jonathan only achieved 2000MW or far less in one presidential term. But Fashola is still the on their lips even though many of them are in London, Detroit, New Jersey, Wisconsin, Alaska, Bratislava etc..

3. many of the people criticizing Fashola will praise Okorocha, Amaechi and Chime when none of these three has done close to half of what Fashola has done.

4. They are PDP apologists.

It's all about tribe to these eediots!! Leave Lagos if Yorubas are governing well. If you tell these people that Okonjo is packing our common wealth into the hands of her wall street masters, they put on their tribal defense Armour as if Okonjo is only financing for Igbo land.

Criticize Fashola if you have to constructively and be specific about what you are criticizing him for not come here and repeat the same ol

rubbish!!!! that means the difference between being igbo to yoruba

any more excuses?
Re: What Has Gov. Fash Done To Some Nlders by koruji(m): 7:27pm On Jan 06, 2013
Stop being flippant.
Someone has pointed you people to public and online publication of budgets and projects by Lagos.
Yet you keep asking "how is the fund dispensed?"
Go and read!!!

PointB:

This is actually a better way of defending of Fashola rather that the usual tripe of ethnic jingoism touted by various respondents on this thread. And the lame crew that talk about Rivers, Bayelsa, should be reminded that the thread was open to discuss Fashola and Lagos, kindly stay on course.

It's true that Lagos has large civil servant population and as such pay more on recurrent expenses. However, since there is hardly any data that gives an inkling to the size of the civil service in Lagos, let alone the cost of maintaining them, we still owe it upon ourselves to ask hard questions of Lagos State Government. By the way, what is Lagos State doing to cut down it's recurrent expenses? Does paying Tinubu a huge chunk of it's revenue help?

Lagos generate over N23B in IGR and receives over N7B in Federal Allocation. How is the fund dispensed? Most of the projected are funded with externally borrowed funds, and the private sector. The public pay to use them. These externally funded projects have more to do with the commercial viability of the state than any other consideration.

So the question remains: How has Fashola deployed over N30B to provide for the need of the citizens of Lagos State? Is it enough to say that the civil service is huge, let's clap for him for using a huge chunk of the N30B to maintain them? Does the cosmopolitan nature of Lagos not demand more transparency? Should we know for instance how much is spent on feeding in Alausa? Why is there no running water in Lagos homes?

Re: What Has Gov. Fash Done To Some Nlders by EkoIle1: 7:30pm On Jan 06, 2013
PointB:

This is actually a better way of defending of Fashola rather that the usual tripe of ethnic jingoism touted by various respondents on this thread. And the lame crew that talk about Rivers, Bayelsa, should be reminded that the thread was open to discuss Fashola and Lagos, kindly stay on course.

Lagos generate over N23B in IGR and receives over N7B in Federal Allocation. How is the fund dispensed? Most of the projected are funded with externally borrowed funds, and the private sector. The public pay to use them. These externally funded projects have more to do with the commercial viability of the state than any other consideration.

So the question remains: How has Fashola deployed over N30B to provide for the need of the citizens of Lagos State? Is it enough to say that the civil service is huge, let's clap for him for using a huge chunk of the N30B to maintain them? Does the cosmopolitan nature of Lagos not demand more transparency? Should we know for instance how much is spent on feeding in Alausa? Why is there no running water in Lagos homes?

Maybe we'll take you seriously when you start asking how state's with the same amount of money with 2 million people spend their money and what they spend it on, until then, your fixation on Lagos and your ignorance is pure tribalism.

The fact that you care so much about Lagos state's finances and never your own state's finances where they don't do anything is another clear indication of tribalism and the same ethnic jingoism you spew on NL everyday.

You are fooling yourself, not us.
Re: What Has Gov. Fash Done To Some Nlders by EkoIle1: 7:33pm On Jan 06, 2013
ikeyman00: @@@@@@@@

0lumide: 6:01pm

rubbish!!!! that means the difference between being igbo to yoruba

any more excuses?

The difference is the people you defend and listed in the post you quoted can not show us anything they did with taxpayers money while the people you criticize can.

You are your own sorry excuse for the incompetent people you champion.
Re: What Has Gov. Fash Done To Some Nlders by EkoIle1: 7:34pm On Jan 06, 2013
koruji: Stop being flippant.
Someone has pointed you people to public and online publication of budgets and projects by Lagos.
Yet you keep asking "how is the fund dispensed?"
Go and read!!!

Many of these ignorant illiterates obviously can not read and comprehend even if you drill it into their heads.
Re: What Has Gov. Fash Done To Some Nlders by Standing5(m): 7:39pm On Jan 06, 2013
One is left to wonder what states like Bayelsa do with their huge Monthly allocation. No significant population, no improvement infrastructurally . . . Delta, and to some extent Ogun state also.
Re: What Has Gov. Fash Done To Some Nlders by Maxymilliano(m): 7:46pm On Jan 06, 2013
take dat: The first is those who demand critical appraisal of his government. These set of NLders only seek transparency, accountability and good governance though few among the posters.

His other critics are the "settlers" from a particular region who are mostly embittered over Fashola's utterances on either the need to vacate Lagos or the "deportation" of their tribes men and the attitude of some NLders from the SW in promoting tribal jingoism.

The third is those who only seek to score political points. Ever since some NLders started clamouring for a Fashola presidency, the PDP "brown nosers" in the house have taking it upon themselves to smear him with un verifiable facts and ludicrous allegations!

Are you staying in Lagos ? I'll follow this thread because of you.

Just provide a response to the innocuous question I put across before taking it further.
Re: What Has Gov. Fash Done To Some Nlders by Maxymilliano(m): 7:56pm On Jan 06, 2013
PointB: It is not about having anything personal against Fashola. [b]The core of the discontent is that Lagos State receives over N30B every month, but there is no commensurate project completed to justify the income[/b[.

Sorry to disagree with you bro, average Lagosian is not interested in what accrue to the government in moneytary terms, but the welfare and humanitarian packages that won't make them worse off, but rather make it worth the while.
Re: What Has Gov. Fash Done To Some Nlders by takedat(m): 8:16pm On Jan 06, 2013
Maxymilliano:

Are you staying in Lagos ? I'll follow this thread because of you.

Just provide a response to the innocuous question I put across before taking it further.
No, but av got my family there so I frequent Lagos often!
Re: What Has Gov. Fash Done To Some Nlders by larride(m): 8:32pm On Jan 06, 2013
Gov. Fash has done a lot for Lagos State and the ban on okada won't change the mind of average Lagosians. Even the okada riders have moved on.
Re: What Has Gov. Fash Done To Some Nlders by aljharem(m): 8:36pm On Jan 06, 2013
larride: Gov. Fash has done a lot for Lagos State and the ban on okada won't change the mind of average Lagosians. Even the okada riders have moved on.

OP those that dislike Fashola are nothing more than Ethnic bigots.

Now Majority of us Lagosians love fashola for his effort but we indeed dislike Tinubu. At times because of his association with Tinubu they tend to rubbish Fashola at times.

If Fashola knows what he is doing, he should drop the excess luggage and move on before tinubu lands him in trouble in later years which I know it would happen.

Re: What Has Gov. Fash Done To Some Nlders by EkoIle1: 8:50pm On Jan 06, 2013
alj harem:

OP those that dislike Fashola are nothing more than Ethnic bigots.

Now Majority of us Lagosians love fashola for his effort but we indeed dislike Tinubu. At times because of his association with Tinubu they tend to rubbish Fashola at times.

If Fashola knows what he is doing, he should drop the excess luggage and move on before tinubu lands him in trouble in later years which I know it would happen.

Say I and not we. The fact that you personally don't like Tinubu and wish him death doesn't mean Lagosians do. Tinubu's wisdom and leadership gave us the same Fashola you are praising in this thread so your constant hate for the man has no basis or foundation.

I've asked you several times to say precisely what the man did to you and you are yet to come up with anything. Without Tinubu fighting OBJ and other evil forces in Nigeria, there wont be Lagos of Today, there wont be Fashola for you to praise and defend in this thread.

The same eveil forces are unable to mess with Lagos and derail FASHOLA's advancement today simply because people like Tinubu are protecting Fashola against the evil forces to allow Fashola carry on with his work undisturbed.

You obviously don't know the value of this man to Lagosians beyond the mischaracterizations that you put in your own head, the characterization that you can not justify with anything.

We are free in the SW today because of one man and that man is Tinubu.

You are misguided and you sound like the same ethnic bigots you are going after.
Re: What Has Gov. Fash Done To Some Nlders by Maxymilliano(m): 9:11pm On Jan 06, 2013
take dat: No, but av got my family there so I frequent Lagos often!

Good that we can establish this. I've stayed in Lagos and Sango Ota in Ogun State for most part of my life, and I have business interest across both State.

For the fact that some people choose to question Fashola's credibility did not mean
they are PDP goon or paid agent as you may want to believe.

Fashola may be doing a good job, but most of his policies lack human face as far as I'm concern. He favours the elites, knowing fully well they control the purse strings. But this are just the privilege few when contrasted against the lower class that populated the mainland, and who constituted bulk of the voting population.

You can help me out by educating me on some of Fashola latest massive achievements, and not the usual newspaper excerpts some persons are fond of assaulting me with on this forum.
Re: What Has Gov. Fash Done To Some Nlders by EkoIle1: 9:21pm On Jan 06, 2013
Maxymilliano:

Good that we can establish this. I've stayed in Lagos and Sango Ota in Ogun State for most part of my life, and I have business interest across both State.

For the fact that some people choose to question Fashola's credibility did not mean

Fashola may be doing a good job, but most of his policies lack human face as far as I'm concern. He favours the elites, knowing fully well they control the purse strings. But this are just the privilege few when contrasted against the lower class that populated the mainland, and who constituted bulk of the voting population.

You can help me out by educating me on some of Fashola latest massive achievements, and not the usual newspaper excerpts some persons are fond of assaulting me with on this forum.

Which of his policies troubles you and which of his projects and policies favors the elite?
Re: What Has Gov. Fash Done To Some Nlders by takedat(m): 9:40pm On Jan 06, 2013
Maxymilliano:

No where in my earlier post did I class all of Fashola's critics as PDP lickspittle. I did acknowledge that some posters were only seeking transparency and good governance.

The Pro ACN folks in the house are in a better position to educate you on his achievements if you are yet to see any. I do agree with you that he has invested more in favour of the elites but not all of his policies don't have human face, mostly I am in support of his Okada ban.
A leader has to be strong willed and decisive when ruling a state like Lagos where impunity is the order.

I'll be back to engage you more. Thanks!
Re: What Has Gov. Fash Done To Some Nlders by EkoIle1: 9:43pm On Jan 06, 2013
take dat: No where in my earlier post did I class all of Fashola's critics as PDP lickspittle. I did acknowledge that some posters were only seeking transparency and good governance.

The Pro ACN folks in the house are in a better position to educate you on his achievements if you are yet to see any. I do agree with you that he has invested more in favour of the elites but not all of his policies don't have human face, mostly I am in support of his Okada ban.
A leader has to be strong willed and decisive when ruling a state like Lagos where impunity is the order.

Though driving now but I'll be back to engage you more. Thanks!

What are these investments? I need some serious education in this area. Please help.
Re: What Has Gov. Fash Done To Some Nlders by Maxymilliano(m): 9:48pm On Jan 06, 2013
Eko Ile:

Which of his policies troubles you and which of his projects and policies favors the elite?

None of Fashola's policy troubles me if you must know, but if you talk of the elite, come to the mainland, especially places like Aboru, Baruwa, Abesan, Agbado Oke-Odo, Ifako- Ijaiye, Command, and other less fortunate areas in on the mainland

If Fashola can dissipate a quarter of what he's doing on the Island into those places, you yourself won't be here haranguing any differing poster.
Re: What Has Gov. Fash Done To Some Nlders by ballabriggs: 10:04pm On Jan 06, 2013
Maxymilliano:

None of Fashola's policy troubles me if you must know, but if you talk of the elite, come to the mainland, especially places like Aboru, Baruwa, Abesan, Agbado Oke-Odo, Ifako- Ijaiye, Command, and other less fortunate areas in on the mainland

If Fashola can dissipate a quarter of what he's doing on the Island into those places, you yourself won't be here haranguing any differing poster.

Is the Ikorodu road expansion on the Island? Is the ferry terminal at Ikorodu on the Island? Is the Iba to Idimu road on the Island? Is the Iba Isheri road on the Island? The Joseph Dosu road badagry on the Island? The schools rehabilitation only covers Island schools? BRT only operates on the Island?
Re: What Has Gov. Fash Done To Some Nlders by EkoIle1: 10:12pm On Jan 06, 2013
Maxymilliano:

You said his policies has no human face so I was expecting you to state categorically the exact policies of his with no human face.

Regarding you concerns about his elite policies, I was expecting you to list categorically what he did for the elites and did not do for the non elites.

Making general statements with no substance to back it up gets us nowhere.

Where are the elite areas in Lagos state? VI, Lekki and Ikoyi.

Apart from the lekki epe road and the Ikoyi link bridge which serves both the rich and the poor, I see nothing else going on in those areas and if you can please list them including the policies responsible for your statements.

On the other hand, nearly all the state's projects are on the mainland and not the island or the so called elite areas. The elites are the ones that should be complaining. The new roads are on the mainland, the new schools are on the mainland, all the new 5 maternity centers are on the mainland, all the 17 skills acquisition centers are on the mainland, the metro rail is mainly on the mainland and it's not for the elites, it's for the poor and general population, the seat of government and resources is on the mainland and not the island, the states investments in agriculture and state's institutes are on the mainland and not the island, the new malls and markets are maninly on the mainland and not the island, the new low cost hosing are mainly on the mainland and not the island, ikorodu road is not on the island, the ferries and jetties are mostly on the mainland, state farms and the new rice mill are on the mainland and not the island, the 10 lane badagry express is on the mainland and not the island, the jobs created via these projects serves the poor people on the mainland and not the elites.

Like I said, the elites and the island are the ones that should be complaining that Fashola favors only the poor and not the elites because I don't see one single thing he's doing for the elites. He's actually taking their money and spending it on the mainland and the poor.

So, if you can, please state categorically what exactly Fashola did that's only for the elites...

Re: What Has Gov. Fash Done To Some Nlders by Maxymilliano(m): 10:22pm On Jan 06, 2013
ballabriggs:

Is the Ikorodu road expansion on the Island? Is the ferry terminal at Ikorodu on the Island? Is the Iba to Idimu road on the Island? Is the Iba Isheri road on the Island? The Joseph Dosu road badagry on the Island? The schools rehabilitation only covers Island schools? BRT only operates on the Island?

Sorry bro but is it the projects that have been listed for expansion and rehabilitation but yet to see the light of day or the ones like Lasu-Isheri road that have been rehabilitated before the coming of Fahola? And also, can U also help me out on the list of schools that have been rehabilitated and their location? Please no newspaper links.
Re: What Has Gov. Fash Done To Some Nlders by FreeGlobe(f): 10:24pm On Jan 06, 2013
Fashola the media overrated criminal who has signed off Lagos future to Tinubu. The most confused governor in Nigeria. Mr Babatunde is just the private sector away from being worst governor in Nigeria. Very corny individual
Re: What Has Gov. Fash Done To Some Nlders by Maxymilliano(m): 10:39pm On Jan 06, 2013
Eko Ile:

You said his policies has no human face so I was expecting you to state categorically the exact policies of his with no human face.

Regarding you concerns about his elite policies, I was expecting you to list categorically what he did for the elites and did not do for the non elites.

Making general statements with no substance to back it up gets us nowhere.

Where are the elite areas in Lagos state? VI, Lekki and Ikoyi.

Apart from the lekki epe road and the Ikoyi link bridge which serves both the rich and the poor, I see nothing else going on in those areas and if you can please list them including the policies responsible for your statements.

On the other hand, nearly all the state's projects are on the mainland and not the island or the so called elite areas. The elites are the ones that should be complaining. The new roads are on the mainland, the new schools are on the mainland, all the new 5 maternity centers are on the mainland, all the 17 skills acquisition centers are on the mainland, the metro rail is mainly on the mainland and it's not for the elites, it's for the poor and general population, the seat of government and resources is on the mainland and not the island, the states investments in agriculture and state's institutes are on the mainland and not the island, the new malls and markets are maninly on the mainland and not the island, the new low cost hosing are mainly on the mainland and not the island, ikorodu road is not on the island, the ferries and jetties are mostly on the mainland, state farms and the new rice mill are on the mainland and not the island, the 10 lane badagry express is on the mainland and not the island, the jobs created via these projects serves the poor people on the mainland and not the elites.

Like I said, the elites and the island are the ones that should be complaining that Fashola favors only the poor and not the elites because I don't see one single thing he's doing for the elites. He's actually taking their money and spending it on the mainland and the poor.

So, if you can, please state categorically what exactly Fashola did that's only for the elites...

You're really doing a good job here but unfortunately, the so called masses at the receiving end of Fashola's policies can't relate with most of what you put up here as they are either non existing or yet to come to fruition.

I can't go on and list most of what you're expecting coz my time is far spent today and I'm using my phone.

Fashola is not a stranger to me, and I doubt if you are close to him as much as I do but the reality is that most of what you claimed as achievements is not having the desired effect on the resident.

Things are the way it is because Nigerians are used to suffering, smiling and without complaint.

I will keep you updated about Fashola elitist policies but not tonight.

Untill later...
Re: What Has Gov. Fash Done To Some Nlders by EkoIle1: 10:49pm On Jan 06, 2013
Maxymilliano:

You're really doing a good job here but unfortunately, the so called masses at the receiving end of Fashola's policies can't relate with most of what you put up here as they are either non existing or yet to come to fruition.

I can't go on and list most of what you're expecting coz my time is far spent today and I'm using my phone.

Fashola is not a stranger to me, and I doubt if you are close to him as much as I do but the reality is that most of what you claimed as achievements is not having the desired effect on the resident.

Things are the way it is because Nigerians are used to suffering, smiling and without complaint.

I will keep you updated about Fashola elitist policies but not tonight.

Untill later...

You just betrayed your illogical argument and I tell you why.

1. You started by claiming that Fashola's policies have no human face, but when asked to state categorically the so called policies with no human face, you dodge it and came up with nothing.

2. You also claimed that the state favors the elite, but when asked to show us how, you dodge it and came up with nothing. Also as shown, I've detailed all the state projects that are on the mainland and not in rich and elite areas, but you can not list anything to support your claim.

The people of Lagos state can not relate to schools built by the state

They can not relate to mass transportation designed to make their life and commuting easy?

They can not relate to roads and bridges that they drive on?

They can not relate to hospitals and clinics

They can not relate to the government that created a sane and safe environment for every Nigerian to feel at home in peace and harmony?

And who asked Lagosians what they can and can not relate to? You?

lol @ I will keep you updated about Fashola elitist policies but not tonight. My friend, you are trolling and you just proved to us that your argument has no basis, it's pointless.

FCT Abuja Budgets N5bn For LovePeddlers! / Gov Fashola Wastes $500,000 On Kim Kardashian’s 45 Minutes Appearance / Police Nab Port Harcourt Cultist • Multi-million Naira Mansion Uncovered

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93