Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,870 members, 7,817,567 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Fashola Writes FG On Condition Of Oshodi-apapa Expressway - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Writes FG On Condition Of Oshodi-apapa Expressway (7521 Views)

The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo / The Aesthetics And Politics Of Oshodi, Lagos. / Fashola Writes British Prime Minister On Exodus Of Nigerian Students To Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Writes FG On Condition Of Oshodi-apapa Expressway by dabrake(m): 10:37am On Jan 07, 2013
Let's imagine the road is in a deplorable state, can't fashola repair it himself? He should learn from akpabio who rehabilitated most federal government oriented projects like roads, the university because 'it is a federal road but the majority of people affected are the akwa ibom indigenes. The university is a federal Government institution but 80% of her students are from akwa ibom. . .'
fashola should stop playing stupeeed politics here and fix that road irrespective of its level(whether state or federal) because those affected will be lagosians, that is if gej didn't really work on that road. Lagos state, as far as I am concerned, is the richest state in the country and also with the smallest landmass. If brf can't fix that little challenge, I will be forced to ask what he's doing with tax payer's money. If amaechi, oshiohmole and akpabio can do it, why not brf?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Writes FG On Condition Of Oshodi-apapa Expressway by naptu2: 10:38am On Jan 07, 2013
One of the solutions to this problem is to fix the railways. There's a rail line that runs right through the Apapa Port. Goods should be moved by rail from the ports to the hinterland.

This would reduce the pressure on the road caused by fuel tankers and articulated trucks. It would also reduce traffic jams caused by wrongly parked fuel tankers, fallen containers and broken down articulated trucks.

Fuel pipelines also need to be rehabilitated.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Writes FG On Condition Of Oshodi-apapa Expressway by slimyem: 10:39am On Jan 07, 2013
Omexonomy:
how far long time you still dey do all this ur nonesens. Well sha u must collect salary for this month
b4 u start the insult i ply that road from apapa to oshodi can any body please point out which part is fash talking about. Note i am not a PDP member and i hate lies. Nigeria is full of lies
I'm guessing you haven't plied that road during the rainy season...have you?
Re: Fashola Writes FG On Condition Of Oshodi-apapa Expressway by wellmax(m): 10:41am On Jan 07, 2013
gej's pdp is a failure
Re: Fashola Writes FG On Condition Of Oshodi-apapa Expressway by naptu2: 10:42am On Jan 07, 2013
dabrake: Let's imagine the road is in a deplorable state, can't fashola repair it himself? He should learn from akpabio who rehabilitated most federal government oriented projects like roads, the university because 'it is a federal road but the majority of people affected are the akwa ibom indigenes. The university is a federal Government institution but 80% of her students are from akwa ibom. . .'
fashola should stop playing stupeeed politics here and fix that road irrespective of its level(whether state or federal) because those affected will be lagosians, that is if gej didn't really work on that road. Lagos state, as far as I am concerned, is the richest state in the country and also with the smallest landmass. If brf can't fix that little challenge, I will be forced to ask what he's doing with tax payer's money. If amaechi, oshiohmole and akpabio can do it, why not brf?
https://www.nairaland.com/1149060/fg-owes-lagos-n51billion-roads

5 Likes

Re: Fashola Writes FG On Condition Of Oshodi-apapa Expressway by Demdem(m): 10:42am On Jan 07, 2013
dabrake: Let's imagine the road is in a deplorable state, can't fashola repair it himself? He should learn from akpabio who rehabilitated most federal government oriented projects like roads, the university because 'it is a federal road but the majority of people affected are the akwa ibom indigenes. The university is a federal Government institution but 80% of her students are from akwa ibom. . .'

the FG roads they have constructed, how far with the payment from the FG.

https://www.nairaland.com/1149060/fg-owes-lagos-n51billion-roads

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Writes FG On Condition Of Oshodi-apapa Expressway by kontrolbaba(m): 10:46am On Jan 07, 2013
Mheen....That's wat we'll see wen we place clueless, shoeless,opsimath 2 pilot d affairs of the nation....there's no day without traffic gridlock or containners falling down on the said road.
Re: Fashola Writes FG On Condition Of Oshodi-apapa Expressway by earthgreeners(m): 10:49am On Jan 07, 2013
Omexonomy:
b4 u start the insult i ply that road from apapa to oshodi can any body please point out which part is fash talking about. Note i am not a PDP member and i hate lies.

You must be a blind man

1 Like

Re: Fashola Writes FG On Condition Of Oshodi-apapa Expressway by aribisala0(m): 10:51am On Jan 07, 2013
Normally that would make sense but that road is the busiest road in the country carrying very heavy loads daily.No other road in Nigeria suffers as much. The road is part of a BUSINESS (The port) From which the FG makes 1.3 trillion naira yearly.That road will always be busy and needs a long term maintenance plan. You cannot make so much money from an area an put NOTHING back.Is it because Lagosians do not engage in militancy??
Re: Fashola Writes FG On Condition Of Oshodi-apapa Expressway by Nobody: 10:54am On Jan 07, 2013
If Fashola is Nigeria president he will perform far better than failure Jonathan
Re: Fashola Writes FG On Condition Of Oshodi-apapa Expressway by Nobody: 10:55am On Jan 07, 2013
Omexonomy:
b4 u start the insult i ply that road from apapa to oshodi can any body please point out which part is fash talking about. Note i am not a PDP member and i hate lies.
my Broda its obvious you don't stay in lagos, cos if you do, you won't be asking dis question. You need to drive around that fagbems filling station heading to mile2 Festac side. Then come back here and tell us how far. So say what you know.
Re: Fashola Writes FG On Condition Of Oshodi-apapa Expressway by Jaideyone(m): 10:57am On Jan 07, 2013
Mr Man keep quiet. Seems u're ignorant of the fact that Lagos state used 50Billion to repair federal government roads in Lagos but the federal government has refused to pay even though the roads have been certified ok by FG engineers. He should go ahead and repair more abi? Next time keep quiet if you don't know what to say
Re: Fashola Writes FG On Condition Of Oshodi-apapa Expressway by Omexonomy: 10:58am On Jan 07, 2013
slimyem: I'm guessing you haven't plied that road during the rainy season...have you?
so we are in the raning season. Which part of the globe ar u residing send it to my mailbox keep secret
Re: Fashola Writes FG On Condition Of Oshodi-apapa Expressway by earthgreeners(m): 11:01am On Jan 07, 2013
Omexonomy: so we are in the raning season. Which part of the globe ar u residing send it to my mailbox keep secret

STFU, are you a blind man?
Re: Fashola Writes FG On Condition Of Oshodi-apapa Expressway by dabrake(m): 11:04am On Jan 07, 2013
Jaidey-one:
Mr Man keep quiet. Seems u're ignorant of the fact that Lagos state used 50Billion to repair federal government roads in Lagos but the federal government has refused to pay even though the roads have been certified ok by FG engineers. He should go ahead and repair more abi? Next time keep quiet if you don't know what to say
i expected this from a fashola fanatic. Knowing fully well that retardinho won't do anything, why not go ahead with it? After all, he can always do what he does best by using toll gates to regenerate spent funds. Now run along. Numskull
Re: Fashola Writes FG On Condition Of Oshodi-apapa Expressway by slimfit1(m): 11:04am On Jan 07, 2013
Omexonomy:
how far long time you still dey do all this ur nonesens. Well sha u must collect salary for this month
b4 u start the insult i ply that road from apapa to oshodi can any body please point out which part is fash talking about. Note i am not a PDP member and i hate lies. Nigeria is full of lies
Mr man who ever is paying you is wasting his or her money. You are so predictable. You can't even convince anyone. You are basically making it worse. So go and seat down.
Re: Fashola Writes FG On Condition Of Oshodi-apapa Expressway by sammhi(m): 11:08am On Jan 07, 2013
Good talk Fasola for urging FG to fix the Apapa Osodi road. but please, oga Fasola, also try fix the inner roads of Lagos that are very bad . such as the Ayobo road. i believe it is not for FG is it?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Writes FG On Condition Of Oshodi-apapa Expressway by gen2briz(m): 11:16am On Jan 07, 2013
WHY CAN'T FASHOLA REACH HIM TROUGH HIS FACEBOOK ACCOUNT

1 Like

Re: Fashola Writes FG On Condition Of Oshodi-apapa Expressway by earthgreeners(m): 11:19am On Jan 07, 2013
sammhi: Good talk Fasola for urging FG to fix the Apapa Osodi road. but please, oga Fasola, also try fix the inner roads of Lagos that are very bad . such as the Ayobo road. i believe it is not for FG is it?

Fashola is really doing a great Job, presently the LASG is fixing streets roads in major areas...Im sure that road would be attended to in due course....
LASG really needs to do more
Re: Fashola Writes FG On Condition Of Oshodi-apapa Expressway by Reference(m): 11:20am On Jan 07, 2013
dabrake: i expected this from a fashola fanatic. Knowing fully well that retardinho won't do anything, why not go ahead with it? After all, he can always do what he does best by using toll gates to regenerate spent funds. Now run along. Numskull

Exactly. Why doesn't he just rehab the road and while at it build toll gates right at the port gates. How about taking a nibble at the Federal government's biggest cash cow in Lagos.
Re: Fashola Writes FG On Condition Of Oshodi-apapa Expressway by Demdem(m): 11:23am On Jan 07, 2013
Reference:

Exactly. Why doesn't he just rehab the road and while at it build toll gates right at the port gates. How about taking a nibble at the Federal government's biggest cash cow in Lagos.

Just listen to ursef talk cry cry is there any state road that is tolled that doent have one form of partnership or the other? so u want Fashola to construct another FG road (after so many) and place toll gates on a FG road right? dont u think that will cause another friction?
Re: Fashola Writes FG On Condition Of Oshodi-apapa Expressway by naptu2: 11:27am On Jan 07, 2013
I remember that back in the day I used to blame the tanker drivers for the hell that we witness on that road, until I watched an interview with the head of the tanker drivers.

He said that tanker drivers have to come from as far away as Kwara to load their tankers. They've got nowhere to park (not enough space at the tanker parks) and that some do not even want to go to the tanker parks because they might miss their turn at the loading bay, so they park on the expressway.

I thought about it; why do out of state tankers need to load in Lagos? Why not pipe the fuel to depots in the various states? Why not transport the fuel by rail tanks?

I believe that out of state tankers should be barred from loading in Lagos and that fuel and other goods should be transported by rail and pipelines.
Re: Fashola Writes FG On Condition Of Oshodi-apapa Expressway by naptu2: 11:33am On Jan 07, 2013
Toll gates grin

I remember the war and insults that resulted from the construction of the Lekki toll gates (they have not subsided).

The government is still in court over the toll gates at the newly constructed Lekki-Ikoyi link bridge.

The FMW threatened to stop the Badagry Expressway project (which will be tolled). It took the intervention of Yar'Adua to prevent that from happening. The LASG will still need permission from the FG to toll the road (unlike Lekki Expressway and the new bridge, Apapa-Oworonshoki Expressway is a federal road).

And I'm sure those advocating for a new toll gate are among the people who criticised and insulted the government because of the existing toll gates.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Writes FG On Condition Of Oshodi-apapa Expressway by Delafruita(m): 11:48am On Jan 07, 2013
are you admitting that the retardeen cant do anything sensible and so state governors should take it upon them selves?if so,then lets activate full fiscal federalism
Re: Fashola Writes FG On Condition Of Oshodi-apapa Expressway by Olaolufred(m): 11:54am On Jan 07, 2013
dridowu: Dat road nid to fix up truly, i pass via d road mon-sat. So Sad

DrIdowu,

There is a situation here you can proffer solution to.
Omexonomy said he doesn't know the part so described bad by Fashola even though he travels same road everyday.
Here you said, so sad because you travels same road every weekdays.
Can you proof to us who is decieving who?(WDW)
Re: Fashola Writes FG On Condition Of Oshodi-apapa Expressway by danot1030: 12:04pm On Jan 07, 2013
Omexonomy:

I can see you are ignorant and confused... maybe you should tell the FG to ignore Lagos State since it is not PDP state...
Re: Fashola Writes FG On Condition Of Oshodi-apapa Expressway by Olaolufred(m): 12:06pm On Jan 07, 2013
angelsing: I plight this route everyday and its obvious how bad the road is on both side.. Starting from mile2 just before the bridge(oshodi-apapa). At trinity u also have the same bad road on both side..Not a week goes by without one container falling...federal government shud try and fixed the road. Am tired of spending endless time on that road like i am stuck right now

COULD IT BE THAT OMEXONOMY CARRIED LIES TO 2013 AFTER ALL THE NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS?
1ST TO 7TH, HE CAN'T EVEN ENDURE TILL FEBRUARY.
VERY POOR RESULT.
Re: Fashola Writes FG On Condition Of Oshodi-apapa Expressway by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jan 07, 2013
I live arund dat area and d road is terrible nt 2 talk of d traffic at all times.
Re: Fashola Writes FG On Condition Of Oshodi-apapa Expressway by Jaideyone(m): 12:07pm On Jan 07, 2013
dabrake: i expected this from a fashola fanatic. Knowing fully well that retardinho won't do anything, why not go ahead with it? After all, he can always do what he does best by using toll gates to regenerate spent funds. Now run along. Numskull
mumu if he repairs the road and starts tolling it. Silly people like you will still come and cry later that Fashola is tolling FG road.
Re: Fashola Writes FG On Condition Of Oshodi-apapa Expressway by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jan 07, 2013
Jaidey-one:
mumu if he repairs the road and starts tolling it. Silly people like you will still come and cry later that Fashola is tolling FG road.
if he repairs and tolls it,i am in support of dat dan having traffic and pot holes everywhr,i dnt use dat route wen goin to and fro apapa,cant stand d traffic.
Re: Fashola Writes FG On Condition Of Oshodi-apapa Expressway by Olaolufred(m): 12:16pm On Jan 07, 2013
Graphy: if he repairs and tolls it,i am in support of dat dan having traffic and pot holes everywhr,i dnt use dat route wen goin to and fro apapa,cant stand d traffic.

Fashola has no constitutional power to toll an FG road.
Unless FG says Lagos should be an autonomus state, that wouldn't happen.
So, it is not that Lagos does not know what to do.
But an irresponsible center who shouts giant of africa at any opportunity but only works like a minnow of africa would make it difficult.
Remember that the performance of any ACN,LP state in the south will be a threat to People decieving people. So, they will do everything possible to frustrate them from having better result.
So far, No state in SW was infrastructurally better than it is now under People decieving people.
We may not be there yet under LP and ACN, but far off than under killers party.
Re: Fashola Writes FG On Condition Of Oshodi-apapa Expressway by danot1030: 12:22pm On Jan 07, 2013

it is as well evident that you are bias PDP fanatic, no wonder your comments are so senseless...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Led North In Panic Mode / Buhari Says He Will Sign Electoral Bill If NASS Makes The Necessary Adjustments / South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.