Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,351 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Pastor Adeboye's Birth In 1942 Was Mysterious - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye's Birth In 1942 Was Mysterious (39860 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters / Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Adeboye's Birth In 1942 Was Mysterious by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jan 07, 2013
What's mysterious in being single-handedly born by a woman ? Damnit,there a lot of mad women in Nigeria who give birth by themselves and take care of their children.what do we call that ? Miracle

5 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye's Birth In 1942 Was Mysterious by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jan 07, 2013
UNLEASHED: He is Enoch, he's also Elisha, why not add Jonathan join? But what's it with Nigerians and names numbering up to like 18 for just a single person?

They named him... He dint name himself.. Or shey the name Ʋ D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ bear now, no b Чºυя PAPA name Ʋ?
Re: Pastor Adeboye's Birth In 1942 Was Mysterious by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jan 07, 2013
~Bluetooth:

What's mysterious in being single-handedly born by a woman ? Damnit,there a lot of mad women in Nigeria who give birth by themselves and take care of their children.what do we call that ? Miracle

Hmm? Off Comment
Re: Pastor Adeboye's Birth In 1942 Was Mysterious by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jan 07, 2013
lol.....what a fraudster!! grin

These MOG's and their incredible stories that only sheep can believe grin

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye's Birth In 1942 Was Mysterious by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jan 07, 2013
Logicboy03: lol.....what a fraudster!! grin

These MOG's and their incredible stories that only sheep can believe grin

Can't Ʋ view it from anoda aspect?
Re: Pastor Adeboye's Birth In 1942 Was Mysterious by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jan 07, 2013
When I was born, Pastor Anwuzia told my mum (after 2 weeks fasting) that I was gonna be a great man of God.......wtf? Have you met me?
Re: Pastor Adeboye's Birth In 1942 Was Mysterious by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jan 07, 2013
THE TOPIC is even Wrong..
Re: Pastor Adeboye's Birth In 1942 Was Mysterious by doppler777(m): 11:39pm On Jan 07, 2013
nathdim: If dem call am tiger wetin we go call pope
lol.......emmmmmm lion?....Elephant?
Re: Pastor Adeboye's Birth In 1942 Was Mysterious by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jan 07, 2013
Bimfo:

Can't Ʋ view it from anoda aspect?

What do you mean?
Re: Pastor Adeboye's Birth In 1942 Was Mysterious by naijaobi(m): 11:42pm On Jan 07, 2013
@OP... Has he ever decieved u before? Why would u speak evil of a man Of God?... Did his church members eva told you he decieves dem? What is ur basis for levelling such an allegation on him?
If u can't answer these questions, then u nid deliverance.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye's Birth In 1942 Was Mysterious by Cleanman(m): 11:43pm On Jan 07, 2013
when the name of God is being glorified,the devil gets pissed hence gnawing and gnashing!...

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye's Birth In 1942 Was Mysterious by jjctonl: 11:44pm On Jan 07, 2013
[size=14pt]From the way many of you commented, I can rightly say you did not hear this man directly or witness it. The OP misinformed all of you. May God forgive him.

I heard him loud and clear. I watched the program live on the internet.

The man of God did not claim his birth was mysterious. What he was trying to say was that many people that are over the age of 70 years do not know their true date of birth. That people use events to determine date of birth.

Then he went further and explain how he determined his. He asked his mother when was he born? His mother did not know but she only knew it was in a year when a king was enthroned in Ilesha. So from their he knew it would be 1942 because that was when a king was actually crowned. His mother again said it was on a Sunday. He said he asked his mother how did she remember it was on Sunday and his mother said she remembered because people were celebrating something in the Church so everybody left home and she was left alone in the house. His mother again said it was a day that it rained and the sun was shining at the same time which according to traditional Yoruba belief that it was a day Tiger is delivering baby. Because of this story his siblings used to call him tiger.

OP you have lied and misled people.[size=14pt][/size]

11 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye's Birth In 1942 Was Mysterious by omosexy1: 11:44pm On Jan 07, 2013
All these people claiming to be MOG yet some many affliction in the land. Why can't they talk to their God so that there can be peace and joy in the land. Them follow politicians they put Nigerians for #Hopingthings will be alright someday. Well things are alright for them, private jets, body guards, joyful bank account (domicillary and local). How different are they from our conning 419 politicians. Politicians deceive us and steal with their pen, so called MOG deceive us and steal with their bible. Similarities, they steal and deceive, accumulate wealth and enjoy the good things of life. Differences, they use different medium to steal and deceive. Also putting Nigerians on #Hopingthings will be alright mode and that's for 52 years. Wake people and smell the coffee.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye's Birth In 1942 Was Mysterious by gbanikiti(m): 11:52pm On Jan 07, 2013
aribisala0: Well the day dem born me dem cook rice,cook beans,pound yam and make fufu.
Wetin dat one come mean naa
e mean say nigeria dey do independence dat day! Lol
Re: Pastor Adeboye's Birth In 1942 Was Mysterious by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jan 07, 2013
if you want to turn it to slanderland na you know. you are damaging your business if you think of it in many ways @oga

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye's Birth In 1942 Was Mysterious by Okems22: 11:59pm On Jan 07, 2013
sheedy407: Im new here,how do i comment on dis thread?
but u jst commented na... or are u a learner ?
Re: Pastor Adeboye's Birth In 1942 Was Mysterious by Sunnycliff(m): 12:00am On Jan 08, 2013
all I know is that there is power behind the name you bear. No wonder God had to change abrams name to abraham; jacob to srael and serai to serah

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye's Birth In 1942 Was Mysterious by Nobody: 12:01am On Jan 08, 2013
omosexy1: All these people claiming to be MOG yet some many affliction in the land. Why can't they talk to their God so that there can be peace and joy in the land. Them follow politicians they put Nigerians for #Hopingthings will be alright someday. Well things are alright for them, private jets, body guards, joyful bank account (domicillary and local). How different are they from our conning 419 politicians. Politicians deceive us and steal with their pen, so called MOG deceive us and steal with their bible. Similarities, they steal and deceive, accumulate wealth and enjoy the good things of life. Differences, they use different medium to steal and deceive. Also putting Nigerians on #Hopingthings will be alright mode and that's for 52 years. Wake people and smell the coffee.

OOps, am sorry!! I dint knw Ʋ were part of the people that made him rich...

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye's Birth In 1942 Was Mysterious by afm4ever(m): 12:05am On Jan 08, 2013
Una no dey sleep at allUna no dey sleep at allUna no dey sleep at all
Re: Pastor Adeboye's Birth In 1942 Was Mysterious by ezme(m): 12:06am On Jan 08, 2013
plaetton:

GENERAL Overseer of The Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), Pastor Enoch Adeboye, has revealed the circumstances surrounding his birth around 1942, saying that they were mysterious.

According to him, he was born on a Sunday when there was rain and sunshine, while his delivery was singlehandedly handled by his mother in a room at Ifewara, Osun State, a reason he was nicknamed “the tiger.”

He gave the revelation to worshippers at the Redemption Camp, Kilometre 46, Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Ogun State, while giving a sermon on the topic: “Wonders of His Names.”

While speaking on the significance of names, the cleric said in the course of his growing up, he had to drop some names that he discovered were inimical to his spiritual and physical progress.

Adeboye reeled out his full names as “Enoch, Elisha, Sunday, Adejare, Adetona, Olagundoye, Adeboye, including his alias, which the people chorused as “the tiger.”

According to him, “I asked my mother when and how I was born. She said it was a time when a certain king mounted the throne in Ilesha. And I said that was 1942. She said it was a Sunday when something was being celebrated in the church. She said she was alone in the house when she delivered me.

“She said it was a very strange Sunday because the rain was falling and the sun was shining, which is an indication in Yoruba that a tiger was being born. You may think I’m joking; ask my elder sisters, they are still alive; they will tell you one of my nicknames is the tiger. But do I look like a tiger to you now?”

Adeboye emphasised the need for children of God to revisit their names and change some, as well as add some as the case may be.

“What is your own name? Check if there is any evil one there and reject it. And if there is a good one you want, add it and my God will say Amen,” he noted.

I believe the purpose of this thread is not far from mischief on the part of the OP, I would also not behave like the typical Nigerian "touch not my anointed" Christian who would turn a blind eye to what the MOG actually did. Personally, I don't see the purpose of this story surrounding his birth. All these stories should not be coming up in our churches as what you create out of your congregation are disciples of yours and not of God. You hear Christians scream God of this MOG and God of that MOG. Jesus is our only mediator and all glory should go to him, not anyone trying to give himself/herself a deity status. This is the reason why there has been no change in the situation of our country. So many people go to Church but who they worship is their pastor and every word that proceeds from his mouth. We are so religious yet we are so far from God. We should all place our Christian life in perspective and decide this day if we actually follow Christ or our pastors.

5 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye's Birth In 1942 Was Mysterious by TableLeg(m): 12:07am On Jan 08, 2013
Ok daddy GO GO
Re: Pastor Adeboye's Birth In 1942 Was Mysterious by favouryemmy: 12:10am On Jan 08, 2013
@op and the rest, be careful what u say about a man of God. God is not happy with u o. U beta change ur attitude b4 God deals with u.
Re: Pastor Adeboye's Birth In 1942 Was Mysterious by Nobody: 12:11am On Jan 08, 2013
~Bluetooth:

You are still not making any sense to me with your utter gibberish.more like you are bitching that I challenged your thieving pastor.sillycrybaby

Taar, Ʋ r dry... The Pastor does not even know Ʋ exist.. Mayb only in ELECTRONIC GADGETS.. cheesy and Ʋ dint tell me, he stole Чºυя MONEY??MUMU... Guy, I don advice Ʋ in my last quote..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Prophet Michael Olowere 'Baba Automatic' Is Dead / Could This Be Love Or Sexual Lust? / Pastor Shot To Death While Preaching During Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.