Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,363 members, 7,853,629 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 08:27 PM

Seun: What Are The Guidelines For Banning Someone - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Seun: What Are The Guidelines For Banning Someone (5407 Views)

Seun What Is Happening? / [SOLVED]Seun What Does "Logout(all)" Mean? / Mods, Oga Seun.. What Happened To Our Current Topics And Posts!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seun: What Are The Guidelines For Banning Someone by 190theclown: 5:39pm On Jan 08, 2013
Hmmm . . .
Re: Seun: What Are The Guidelines For Banning Someone by Feedmemore(f): 5:47pm On Jan 08, 2013
Dondav:
Hey! Kinda like your username.. Are you a WWE fan too?... I'm guessing you love Ryback... FYI, I'm the greatest WWE fan ever. wink
NB: This derailment wasn't intended.. The devil made me do this! Pls don't judge me yet, Warn me maybe

@Dondave- yeah, I'm a fan of WWE and a big fan of Ryback aka "feed me more" wink
Re: Seun: What Are The Guidelines For Banning Someone by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jan 08, 2013
Dondav: Oh! You remembered the Compliments.. I wish you same too sweetie! You are everly gorgeous, Except for the other picture you attached to your own picture on your Profile. What's that? Looks like some kind of mammal!! grin grin grin

[size=13pt]He is a mammal, just like you, me, and any other member of the human race smiley[/size]
Re: Seun: What Are The Guidelines For Banning Someone by Feedmemore(f): 6:06pm On Jan 08, 2013
Dondav:
Yeah! FEed Me Punk.. Punk's the worst wrestler I've seen aside Heat Slatter.. I'm a fan of Randy Orton. I like cena too but he's got too many fans already.

Hey Dondave, worst wrestler? Worst as in...?
For me I think he is as strong as an Ox, and he has a big fan base.
I also like cincara, cena and koffi kingston.
Re: Seun: What Are The Guidelines For Banning Someone by Idowuogbo(f): 6:24pm On Jan 08, 2013
seedord247: The thing is... You cant expect a Bricklayer or poff poff seller to control educated goons.

You dont need a micro scope to know the sane MOD on here...

Go to Celebrities and Literature Section, despite the fact its been handle by ladies...

You hardly see them bannin.. N[b]ot like one Old papa youngy albino that was drop out of school due to

his low GPA, They have to send the twerp to NIIT or Aptech to gain knowledge of PC just for him not be obsolete
[/b]
to the society. angry

The painful thing is that the fool is tryin to get all the fugly ladies attention with his sand paper face... grin

This is how ban should work... There are 2 mods Handlin a section...

If someone make a wrong comment, you either warn the person or hide the post.

and if you are to bann someone, since you guys are 2, you need to contact your partner to do that..

You just cant ban someone just bcus you have hatred towards that person or bcus of Nepotism..

how dare u call him a school drop-out? dude, ur comprehension skills alone points d finger back @ u.

grammatical terrorist dey call persin school drop-out? hian! Nigerians are suffering.
Re: Seun: What Are The Guidelines For Banning Someone by seedord247(m): 6:31pm On Jan 08, 2013
Idowuogbo:
how dare u call him a school drop-out? dude, ur comprehension skills alone points d finger back @ u.

grammatical terrorist dey call persin school drop-out? hian! Nigerians are suffering.

O ti ra'n ewa ahhhhahahaha

I know his story fool... insuch.. I have pass to his email...

oponu ayirada
Re: Seun: What Are The Guidelines For Banning Someone by Idowuogbo(f): 6:34pm On Jan 08, 2013
seedord247:

O ti ra'n ewa ahhhhahahaha

I know his story fool... insuch.. I have pass to his email...

oponu ayirada
pardon?
Re: Seun: What Are The Guidelines For Banning Someone by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jan 08, 2013
190-the-clown:
Hmmm . . .

Hmmm . .

Talk bout warning a user before banning him/her
I'm not going 2talk further on this issue

Let's just hope things work out for good this time

There should be warnings before ban's
That's why its free for any mod's to-send free PM's to-any user
Anywayz I'm not talking further

I rest my case
Dude,are you talking of the ban he gave you, Tasha and me?...if yes,the issue needs to be addressed cos it was rather an insensitive action borne out of prejudice.
Re: Seun: What Are The Guidelines For Banning Someone by seedord247(m): 6:40pm On Jan 08, 2013
Idowuogbo:
pardon?

pardon a'won egbon eee... cool

Let him come and face me and i will open his nyansh... shocked
Re: Seun: What Are The Guidelines For Banning Someone by Idowuogbo(f): 6:41pm On Jan 08, 2013
seedord247:

pardon a'won egbon eee... cool

Let him come and face me and i will open his nyansh... shocked

iyalaya e ya werey ni? undecided
Re: Seun: What Are The Guidelines For Banning Someone by seedord247(m): 6:44pm On Jan 08, 2013
Idowuogbo:
iyalaya e ya werey ni? undecided

oloshi... Oma jo na ni

olobo tankansu....

awon ti won ju mi ni ile yin ni won ya were..

omo abi n pa be
Re: Seun: What Are The Guidelines For Banning Someone by Idowuogbo(f): 6:57pm On Jan 08, 2013
seedord247:

oloshi... Oma jo na ni

olobo tankansu....

awon ti won ju mi ni ile yin ni won ya were..

omo abi n pa be
hahahhaa... u swapped anglais for yoruba ni? d system defo failed u.

sherinbeto aburo lakiriboto to ti nu le okobo jade.

omo asiwin aka mr dakudaji alias warapaleptic buffon.

ara ma son pa e last.
Re: Seun: What Are The Guidelines For Banning Someone by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jan 08, 2013
Well thread is still open...has someone been drinking?
Re: Seun: What Are The Guidelines For Banning Someone by Enegod(m): 8:28pm On Jan 08, 2013
Feed me more: This is the first time I see Sexkillz apologizing... tongue hmmm i think 2013 will be a good year.

are you a learner,na seun force him to apologise

2 Likes

Re: Seun: What Are The Guidelines For Banning Someone by HARDDON: 8:28pm On Jan 08, 2013
And to think no reply was given to this:

www.nairaland.com/1153450/mr-seun-osewa-sexkillz-more

Something doesn't smell right.

Selective banning huh?

Ρρℓ above d law here i suppose . But long may Nland live if all dese complains Kip falling on deaf ears
Re: Seun: What Are The Guidelines For Banning Someone by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jan 08, 2013
Here is my complaint: 3 days ago,i(along side Tasha & 190) was banned for derailing of all threads,the Welcome Thread.Firstly,i was only welcoming/chatting with the newbies,before i got into a slight argument with my erstwhile jailmates. Contrary to the rules,SK never issued a 1st nor last warning to call us to order. We were banned almost immediately for not 6,nor 12,but a whooping 24hrs..Secondly,i sent the guy mails concerning the issue. Also contrary to the rules,he saw it as craptotatism and never replied it. My question to SK-Why break the rules and punish others severely for doing same?

1 Like

Re: Seun: What Are The Guidelines For Banning Someone by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jan 08, 2013
Seun: @SAFO: I wanted sexkillz to explain himself and, as expected, he has done just that. We are all here to serve the Nairaland community.

WTF? undecided
Re: Seun: What Are The Guidelines For Banning Someone by HARDDON: 8:49pm On Jan 08, 2013
binger: Here is my complaint: 3 days ago,i(along side Tasha & 190) was banned for derailing of all threads,the Welcome Thread.Firstly,i was only welcoming/chatting with the newbies,before i got into a slight argument with my erstwhile jailmates. Contrary to the rules,SK never issue a 1st nor last warning to call us to order. We were banned almost immediately for not 6,nor 12,but a whooping 24hrs..Secondly,i sent the guy mails concerning the issue. Also contrary to the rules,he saw it as craptotatism and never replied it. My question to SK-Why break the rules and punish others severely for doing same.

Isn't he above d law? When a mod uses the F word ( breaks the most glaring of all social пετωoяκ rules) and gets no warning let alone a ban, you cudnt Saч more.

Just came frm a two days' ban because i had d guts to complain abt him from d link above. And Seun turned a blind eye.

Do hope d drums kip beating ƒoя him.
Re: Seun: What Are The Guidelines For Banning Someone by Chimezie198(m): 10:29pm On Jan 08, 2013
Sexkillz took an oath to never logout outta NL.

Dat Albino dey try oo! Person go dey online 24hrs without blinking eyes. Even watchman dey blink eyes sef.

For him to go wash plate na wahala sad

2 Likes

Re: Seun: What Are The Guidelines For Banning Someone by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jan 08, 2013
Nairaland.com has rules and regulations. It is really sad that people know the rules, choose to disregard them, know that they are disregarding them and still, somehow, they still expect to be warned that they are disregarding rules they already know. Are we kids?

Really, how would you expect that you derail a thread every time, and you expect to be warned EVERYTIME before you come to the realization that you are derailing? Does that make any sense? I am not permanently logged on to nairaland, but mobile phones has made it easy for me to always check in and see what is going on in a section I volunteered to moderate. So are we trying to say that for every time I see a thread intentionally derailed by users who know that they are derailing, I should just hide posts, and warn them, without punishing them? So that they move on to the next thread, perform the same actions and expect another warning, before I take action?

No! I do not subscribe to that. I believe everyone who knows what is right and refuses to do it has committed a sin. Nairaland rules say that derailers will be strictly penalized, and strictly penalised they shall be. There are rules on this section which I met. I did not make the rules. The rules are not hidden. I see no reason why banning a member that went against the rules has become a bone of contention every time. More saddening is the fact that members who have been on Nairaland for years are the ones complaining the most, forgetting that they agreed to always abide by the rules of the forum before their account was created.

Seun made a rule that trolls and troublemakers should be strictly penalized. He it was that said the benchmark for banning should be 2 days, and for repeat offences, 4 days and 8 days, as the case may be. I default most times on that rule cos sometimes I ban for 12 hours, 18 hours, 1 day depending on the level of the offence and depending on the age of the member on nairaland, as a member.

He is yet to change the rules. And until he does, I'll keep doing what I was chosen to do. I am not doing this for myself, but for the Nairaland community. This is the biggest website in Nigeria so I do not understand why I should be antagonised for playing my part in keeping it clean! The OP of this thread has been on Nairaland for years. He knows the rules. The thread I banned him for was a thread on the front page for crying out loud. A thread on the first page of nairaland.com, the first point of call for visitors from all around the world.

Being a moderator of this section adds no gain to me. I do it with my time and assets. Anyone can be moderator for crying out loud. You don't have to like me as a moderator and I do not care. Like the rules and obey the rules and we are cool.

As long as I am still a moderator, I will keep on doing what I know I should do. If you break the rules, I will use the only means trusted upon me to deal with rule breakers, and that is to place a ban on your account and I will not care whether it pisses anyone off or not, because, what I did is what I am supposed to do!

7 Likes

Re: Seun: What Are The Guidelines For Banning Someone by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jan 08, 2013
seedord247: The thing is... You cant expect a Bricklayer or poff poff seller to control educated goons.

You dont need a micro scope to know the sane MOD on here...

Go to Celebrities and Literature Section, despite the fact its been handle by ladies...

You hardly see them bannin.. Not like one Old papa youngy albino that was drop out of school due to

his low GPA, They have to send the twerp to NIIT or Aptech to gain knowledge of PC just for him not be obsolete

to the society. angry

The painful thing is that the fool is tryin to get all the fugly ladies attention with his sand paper face... grin

This is how ban should work... There are 2 mods Handlin a section...

If someone make a wrong comment, you either warn the person or hide the post.

and if you are to bann someone, since you guys are 2, you need to contact your partner to do that..

You just cant ban someone just bcus you have hatred towards that person or bcus of Nepotism..

Can't help but buaahahahahahahahahahahahahah
Re: Seun: What Are The Guidelines For Banning Someone by Chimezie198(m): 10:46pm On Jan 08, 2013
Front page pls.....

Re: Seun: What Are The Guidelines For Banning Someone by HARDDON: 10:49pm On Jan 08, 2013
Bull! Total bull!

Ʊ mean selective BANNING?

Itz no news You turn blind eyes to those that suck up to you (no matter haw badly dey derail and insult others )yet hit out at all dose who åre men enuf to point you d right way( aint you a lil child?)

Selective banning is just oηε of your flaws. Hasn't it Dawned on you? If it hasn't, I'd advise you go over my complain thread again till you soak all that is in dere SON!

Daz all you wud ever be SON
Re: Seun: What Are The Guidelines For Banning Someone by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jan 08, 2013
let get practical... As in economic analysis; sexkillz is a machinery in the production unit of SEUN. As a brand new piece of working tool, he is working to full capacity but we all are aware that all production equipment has a '' diminishing return'' . As time goes on, this working tool will eventually get worn out and allow output function at an equilibrium point. So people give my guy some space.

Ride on boy... The only word bulldozer understands is DESTROY.

2 Likes

Re: Seun: What Are The Guidelines For Banning Someone by Seun(m): 11:44pm On Jan 08, 2013
@sexkillz: That's a great speech. No wonder you're the moderator of the year. wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seun: What Are The Guidelines For Banning Someone by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jan 08, 2013
Seun: @sexkillz: That's a great speech. No wonder you're the moderator of the year. wink
I fault you and your team on the choice of sexkillz as the moderator of the year, It was a misplaced priority.
Moderator of the year award should have gone to a section where the members and mod have a working relationship. The family section where there is no controversy of any sort is a typical example and the anchor of that section is in a good state to win it. (my suggestion anyway).

Has he achieve any significant result so far with his stalin style leadership or you just decorate mediocrity as an achievement. Petitions has not started flooding your desk yet...

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hurry 630 Odds ,3 Matches. Bet9ja Code : Z6LC8G9G / See Giant Cucumber I Bought Today / See Seven Panties Tips Essential For Every Woman’s Lingerie Collection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.