Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,783 members, 7,831,527 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

Seun: What Are The Guidelines For Banning Someone - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Seun: What Are The Guidelines For Banning Someone (5399 Views)

Seun What Is Happening? / [SOLVED]Seun What Does "Logout(all)" Mean? / Mods, Oga Seun.. What Happened To Our Current Topics And Posts!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seun: What Are The Guidelines For Banning Someone by HARDDON: 12:24am On Jan 09, 2013
LastApostle:
I fault you and your team on the choice of sexkillz as the moderator of the year, It was a misplaced priority.
Moderator of the year award should have gone to a section where the members and mod have a working relationship. The family section where there is no controversy of any sort is a typical example and the anchor of that section is in a good state to win it. (my suggestion anyway).

Has he achieve any significant result so far with his stalin style leadership or you just decorate mediocrity as an achievement. Petitions has not started flooding your desk yet...

Tot i was d only oηε thinking on this lane! Duff ma hat to you brother ƒoя Ʊ are among d few men out here brave énuf to air their views abt his erring .

ℓ☺ℓz @ DECORATING MEDIOCRITY AS AN ACHIEVEMENT

1 Like

Re: Seun: What Are The Guidelines For Banning Someone by Nobody: 12:31am On Jan 09, 2013
Seun: @sexkillz: That's a great speech. No wonder you're the moderator of the year. wink
Thank you.
Re: Seun: What Are The Guidelines For Banning Someone by Idowuogbo(f): 12:37am On Jan 09, 2013
Seun: @sexkillz: That's a great speech. No wonder you're the moderator of the year. wink
Loolzz... He go fit supermod o! U get hin money for hand? No Nigerian currency o! smiley
Re: Seun: What Are The Guidelines For Banning Someone by Nobody: 12:52am On Jan 09, 2013
sexkillz: Thank you.
ok my chair you are welcome.
Re: Seun: What Are The Guidelines For Banning Someone by Nobody: 3:50am On Jan 09, 2013
sexkillz: Nairaland.com has rules and regulations. It is really sad that people know the rules, choose to disregard them, know that they are disregarding them and still, somehow, they still expect to be warned that they are disregarding rules they already know. Are we kids?

Really, how would you expect that you derail a thread every time, and you expect to be warned EVERYTIME before you come to the realization that you are derailing? Does that make any sense? I am not permanently logged on to nairaland, but mobile phones has made it easy for me to always check in and see what is going on in a section I volunteered to moderate. So are we trying to say that for every time I see a thread intentionally derailed by users who know that they are derailing, I should just hide posts, and warn them, without punishing them? So that they move on to the next thread, perform the same actions and expect another warning, before I take action?

No! I do not subscribe to that. I believe everyone who knows what is right and refuses to do it has committed a sin. Nairaland rules say that derailers will be strictly penalized, and strictly penalised they shall be. There are rules on this section which I met. I did not make the rules. The rules are not hidden. I see no reason why banning a member that went against the rules has become a bone of contention every time. More saddening is the fact that members who have been on Nairaland for years are the ones complaining the most, forgetting that they agreed to always abide by the rules of the forum before their account was created.

Seun made a rule that trolls and troublemakers should be strictly penalized. He it was that said the benchmark for banning should be 2 days, and for repeat offences, 4 days and 8 days, as the case may be. I default most times on that rule cos sometimes I ban for 12 hours, 18 hours, 1 day depending on the level of the offence and depending on the age of the member on nairaland, as a member.

He is yet to change the rules. And until he does, I'll keep doing what I was chosen to do. I am not doing this for myself, but for the Nairaland community. This is the biggest website in Nigeria so I do not understand why I should be antagonised for playing my part in keeping it clean! The OP of this thread has been on Nairaland for years. He knows the rules. The thread I banned him for was a thread on the front page for crying out loud. A thread on the first page of nairaland.com, the first point of call for visitors from all around the world.

Being a moderator of this section adds no gain to me. I do it with my time and assets. Anyone can be moderator for crying out loud. You don't have to like me as a moderator and I do not care. Like the rules and obey the rules and we are cool.

As long as I am still a moderator, I will keep on doing what I know I should do. If you break the rules, I will use the only means trusted upon me to deal with rule breakers, and that is to place a ban on your account and I will not care whether it pisses anyone off or not, because, what I did is what I am supposed to do!

Now why you haven't been made mod of the culture section I have NO IDEA.

Nice!! cool

1 Like

Re: Seun: What Are The Guidelines For Banning Someone by Ishilove: 6:22am On Jan 09, 2013
seedord247:
The painful thing is that the fool is tryin to get all the fugly ladies attention with his sand paper face... grin

Sorry to go off-topic o, but I think sexkillz is very attractive....

1 Like

Re: Seun: What Are The Guidelines For Banning Someone by seedord247(m): 6:23am On Jan 09, 2013
Ishilove:
Sorry to go off-topic o, but I think sexkillz is very attractive....

GAY? undecided
Re: Seun: What Are The Guidelines For Banning Someone by Nobody: 7:15am On Jan 09, 2013
where is that boy sexkillz
Re: Seun: What Are The Guidelines For Banning Someone by Nobody: 7:18am On Jan 09, 2013
seedord247:

GAY? undecided
lol... Ishilove is a Queen (f)
Re: Seun: What Are The Guidelines For Banning Someone by Ishilove: 10:03am On Jan 09, 2013
acidosis™:

lol... Ishilove is a Queen (f)
embarassed
Re: Seun: What Are The Guidelines For Banning Someone by Chinwem(f): 7:31pm On Jan 09, 2013
LastApostle:
I fault you and your team on the choice of sexkillz as the moderator of the year, It was a misplaced priority.
Moderator of the year award should have gone to a section where the members and mod have a working relationship. The family section where there is no controversy of any sort is a typical example and the anchor of that section is in a good state to win it. (my suggestion anyway).

Has he achieve any significant result so far with his stalin style leadership or you just decorate mediocrity as an achievement. Petitions has not started flooding your desk yet...

Thank you very much.
So he is moderator of the year sef? Wonders shall never end.
After he let insults and defamatory comments flow unhindered all over a particular female OP on a romance section thread, I reminded posters to be civil with comments and avoid cyber bullying but he found my two comments fit to be hidden INSTEAD of calling people to order. The essence of the whole thread became jests, ridicule and insults on the 'person' of the OP and not the matter at hand but I am sure in his head all those did not constitute POSTING OFF TOPIC .

Whatever sha, enjoy your moderator-ship. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. We ain't seen nothing yet .
If the fish wants to get rotten it starts to spoil from the head. Heaven help romance section.

2 Likes

Re: Seun: What Are The Guidelines For Banning Someone by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jan 09, 2013
Chinwem:

Thank you very much.
So he is moderator of the year sef? Wonders shall never end.
After he let insults and defamatory comments flow unhindered all over a particular female OP on a romance section thread, I reminded posters to be civil with comments and avoid cyber bullying but he found my two comments fit to be hidden INSTEAD of calling people to order. The essence of the whole thread became jests, ridicule and insults on the 'person' of the OP and not the matter at hand but I am sure in his head all those did not constitute POSTING OFF TOPIC .

Whatever sha, enjoy your moderator-ship. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. We ain't seen nothing yet .
If the fish wants to get rotten it starts to spoil from the head. Heaven help romance section.
Pls say what you know. There are 3 warnings on that thread and I banned people from it. One of the persons I banned started this thread. Don't be a crowd follower because 2 of your posts were hidden.

Did you not insult her before I hid your insults?
Re: Seun: What Are The Guidelines For Banning Someone by Chinwem(f): 7:44pm On Jan 09, 2013
sexkillz:

Did you not insult her before I hid your insults?

You have no idea who you re talking to.

You wouldn't .

I came in specifically to that thread to encourage her and lift her spirits because I don't understand how somebody will call himself a moderator and sit there while that 'cyber bullying' as I like to call it goes on.

Dude, get your facts right .
Re: Seun: What Are The Guidelines For Banning Someone by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jan 09, 2013
@SexKillz, your Azz is gonna fry for hiding posts on my thread.

#WatchingYou

1 Like

Re: Seun: What Are The Guidelines For Banning Someone by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jan 09, 2013
Errm, some people need to pay more attention to the green part of my signature. . . cool

2 Likes

Re: Seun: What Are The Guidelines For Banning Someone by Chinwem(f): 7:53pm On Jan 09, 2013
sexkillz: One of the persons I banned started this thread. Don't be a crowd follower because 2 of your posts were hidden.

And so.....
Even if the thread was started by a previously banned poster or a newcomer, I m free to post wherever I like thank you very much.
Or do you want to hide this post as well?
Re: Seun: What Are The Guidelines For Banning Someone by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jan 09, 2013
Chinwem: You have no idea who you re talking to.

You wouldn't .

I came in specifically to that thread to encourage her and lift her spirits because I don't understand how somebody will call himself a moderator and sit there while that 'cyber bullying' as I like to call it goes on.

Dude, get your facts right .

I hope you get to moderate the romance section for only 7 days so you see how easy it really is. . .
Re: Seun: What Are The Guidelines For Banning Someone by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jan 09, 2013
Chinwem:

And so.....
Even if the thread was started by a previously banned poster or a newcomer, I m free to post wherever I like thank you very much.
Or do you want to hide this post as well?
That was for insinuating I did nothing at all. . . If you like post anywhere, wetin concern me?
Re: Seun: What Are The Guidelines For Banning Someone by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jan 09, 2013
sexkillz: Errm, some people need to pay more attention to the green part of my signature. . . cool
Keep flexing your muscle ehn!
Trust me your azz is soon gonna fry.

****you just don't know the people you're dealing with cuz if you do, your sorry azz will start asking GAWD for mercy****

1 Like

Re: Seun: What Are The Guidelines For Banning Someone by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jan 09, 2013
sexkillz: . . . the green part of my signature. . . cool

1 Like

Re: Seun: What Are The Guidelines For Banning Someone by Ishilove: 10:58pm On Jan 09, 2013
[quote author=sexkillz][/quote]
In other words, haterz can collectively kiss your fine, yellow asss??

1 Like

Re: Seun: What Are The Guidelines For Banning Someone by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jan 09, 2013
Ishilove:
In other words, haterz can collectively kiss your fine, yellow asss??
Actually, they have no other choice. . .

Hi.

1 Like

Re: Seun: What Are The Guidelines For Banning Someone by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jan 09, 2013
sexkillz: Errm, some people need to pay more attention to the green part of my signature. . . cool

amen!!
Re: Seun: What Are The Guidelines For Banning Someone by Nobody: 3:29am On Jan 10, 2013
Goldieluks:

GET A LIFE!!! This is 2013, oxygen thief!
hahahahaha grin grin grin
Re: Seun: What Are The Guidelines For Banning Someone by Nobody: 9:32am On Jan 10, 2013
*Kails*:

amen!!
Having existed in 1887 simply means you're DEAD. You could as well be a WALKING DEAD MAN.

1 Like

Re: Seun: What Are The Guidelines For Banning Someone by Ishilove: 10:16am On Jan 10, 2013
sexkillz: Actually, they have no other choice. . .

Hi.

Hullo. Care to be mine? grin
Re: Seun: What Are The Guidelines For Banning Someone by Nobody: 10:21am On Jan 10, 2013
Ishilove:
Hullo. Care to be mine? grin

Viewing this topic: ogugua88 (f)
Re: Seun: What Are The Guidelines For Banning Someone by Nobody: 10:24am On Jan 10, 2013
[size=13pt]Lwkmd.[/size]
Re: Seun: What Are The Guidelines For Banning Someone by Nobody: 10:54am On Jan 10, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Seun: What Are The Guidelines For Banning Someone by Nobody: 11:07am On Jan 10, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]Lwkmd.[/size]
acidosis™:
grin grin grin grin grin
It's actually a heartfelt speech and if indeed Seun gave those specific times for a "BAN", then his AZZ should fry.

I personally don't have a problem with SexKillz except for the fact that a made a stewpid comment on my thread and keeps doing that on other threads, which is not expected of a MOD.

You hardly find other MOD's acting in such an irritating manner so where come from you?
Re: Seun: What Are The Guidelines For Banning Someone by dammytex: 2:04pm On Jan 10, 2013
After watching everybody for a while now, I can say that everybody here has derailed on this topic starting from Seun, Sexkillz, Ogugua and everybody else.

The thread says Seun: what are the guidelines for banning someone

Seun derailed by hailing Sexkillz
Sexkillz derailed by sending us to his signature
Ogugua derailed by.....I no even know sef
Me sef, I'm derailing now

So Seun
please ban all of us. Ban sexkillz, ban Ogugua, by me, ban everybody and finally ban yourself for all have derailed and come short of the terms and conditions of Nairaland.

I'm waiting ooo, if you no ban us ehnnn...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

20 Types Of Registered Members On Nairaland; Where Do You Belong? / Help A Stranger In Lagos / Why Does Phcn/nepa Always Interupt Power Supply When Its Raining?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.