Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,984 members, 7,814,349 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

Do Guys Have A Phobia For Marriage OR ….. ??? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do Guys Have A Phobia For Marriage OR ….. ??? (1426 Views)

I Have Phobia For Vagina, What Can I Do? / Five Things Guys Have Been Using To Melt Ladies Heart / 12 Signs You Have Commitment Phobia And How To Fix it (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Guys Have A Phobia For Marriage OR ….. ??? by nwachineke00: 3:18pm On Jan 08, 2013
Please I need your sincere opinion(s) or reason(s) as to why most guys are afraid or drag their feet when it’s obvious they are “due” for marriage.
Re: Do Guys Have A Phobia For Marriage OR ….. ??? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jan 08, 2013
you don't want to take up responsibility when you know u can't carry it.
Bottomline MONEY
Re: Do Guys Have A Phobia For Marriage OR ….. ??? by Zaynee63: 6:43pm On Jan 08, 2013
Your words "its obvious they are due" say it all: it's obvious does not necessarily mean in reality they are. I'm a man, somewhere around 27-32, I'm comfortable enough to take care of myself and a younger relative living with me in my apartment. It would seem "obvious" that I am due for marriage but truth is that anytime it crosses my mind (which is quite frequent) I ask myself:

1. How I go get 750K to fund the wedding? Cuz ladies these days no go gree marry you until you lay down elaborate plans for a "fantasy wedding"
2. Will she manage my average income with me?
... and many many questions .. I'm out of battery. later
Re: Do Guys Have A Phobia For Marriage OR ….. ??? by sunnyt1(m): 6:23am On Jan 09, 2013
Its funny when gals think men are due for marriage, wait, who shd be the subject here, guys or gals? Who shd know whether he is due for marriage or nt? How cud a gal who is on the sideline, fold her hands, cross her legs and think that a particular guy shd be due for marriage.
Its jst like looking at a sick person on the hospital bed and thinking he shd be ready for discharge, are u nt suppose to ask him to know if he is ok?
Gone are those days when age was the determining factor for marriage, now its a different ball game.
Gals are jst funny, when you rush a guy who is not ready into marriage you will still come back to tell the world how unserious and irresponsible he is.
Y shd a guy rush into marriage when he knows ur parents will collect his ATM card and u fantasize a N1million wedding, want to live in a 5 bedroom flat in magodo estate etc.
Money had suddenly become the MAJOR factor for marriage and its not easy to come by anymore.
We know this right from the word "go", you show us how money answereth all things while dating and how life can be unbearable without it.
Re: Do Guys Have A Phobia For Marriage OR ….. ??? by larrymoore(m): 6:34am On Jan 09, 2013
What a funny thread? The bottomline is money, economy is bad. To worsen d case, Ladies of these days are more expensive to manage than d divas of d past. Simply because d ladies of today think they ar more captivating than d divas of the past. Every mature n responsible man wants marriage bt d silent point is a marauding d whole tin.
Re: Do Guys Have A Phobia For Marriage OR ….. ??? by smsgold: 8:08am On Jan 09, 2013
D economic situation of this country is becoming unbearable. U need more than one source of income to make a marriage work.
Re: Do Guys Have A Phobia For Marriage OR ….. ??? by digitalgeorgy(m): 11:19am On Jan 09, 2013
Zaynee63:
1. How I go get 750K to fund the wedding? Cuz ladies these days no go gree marry you until you lay down elaborate plans for a "fantasy wedding"

its high time we started addressing this issue. Why should couple send huge amt for wedding ceremony then go back and cry aftr that??
What is the significance of white wedding?
Simply to recieve blessings 4rm the church and the pastor. Who say this things can not be done in our T.Ms?
The popular white wedding was adopted from the westerners, but i wonder why we didnt copy everything about the wedding. Do u know that in western settings, after joining of the couple by the pastor, the congregation goes to their various home to eat and the couple would nt need to rent venue, organise live band, kill cow and buy bags of rice etc to make the wedding remarkable..
Why do we punish ourselves in the name of wedding. When you finally marry, u think say ur pupsy go dey give u packet money again??
TO BE CONTINUED.
Re: Do Guys Have A Phobia For Marriage OR ….. ??? by dasparrow: 3:16pm On Jan 09, 2013
nwachineke00: Please I need your sincere opinion(s) or reason(s) as to why most guys are afraid or drag their feet when it’s obvious they are “due” for marriage.

Maybe because some may not prefer to get married

Marriage is not something you force or rush people into. It is a calling just like any other thing in life. Some will get married and some will not. That is just the reality of things. Besides, intimacy can be a lot of work for some people. Why do you think people sweat like they have ran a 1000 meter race after engaging in intercourse/.s/e.x? Lastly, there are a lot of ladies out there who are terrified of marriage too. Its not just the men.
Re: Do Guys Have A Phobia For Marriage OR ….. ??? by Mynd44: 4:08pm On Jan 09, 2013
No we don't, we are just looking for the right woman
Re: Do Guys Have A Phobia For Marriage OR ….. ??? by digitalgeorgy(m): 9:48am On Jan 10, 2013
Dis is the reason
Re: Do Guys Have A Phobia For Marriage OR ….. ??? by tomakint: 3:35pm On Jan 23, 2013
nwachineke00: Please I need your sincere opinion(s) or reason(s) as to why most guys are afraid or drag their feet when it’s obvious they are “due” for marriage.
You may call it 'Phobia' but the underlying factor why guys don't put marriage as a top priority now is the condition of things around especially 'MONEY'! Believe me, money is the number one thing when it comes to marriage and every other things (love, care, a good-listener, patience with wife, and all that) follow! Marriage requires planning which requires worth waiting for patiently! cool
Re: Do Guys Have A Phobia For Marriage OR ….. ??? by tpia5: 3:38pm On Jan 23, 2013
like you said, they're afraid.
Re: Do Guys Have A Phobia For Marriage OR ….. ??? by nwachineke00: 3:42pm On Jan 23, 2013
Mynd_44: No we don't, we are just looking for the right woman

Ok I really hope so
Re: Do Guys Have A Phobia For Marriage OR ….. ??? by tomakint: 3:46pm On Jan 23, 2013
nwachineke00:

Ok I really hope so
Looking for the right man or woman may take you the next 100 years, I still insist, MONEY is the underlying factor why Marriage is being delayed on the part of guys. No married couple want to be a 'beggar' it is the greatest level of embarrassment you can get in a relationship, even your wife will be ashamed of that union!
Re: Do Guys Have A Phobia For Marriage OR ….. ??? by Mynd44: 3:49pm On Jan 23, 2013
Even the guys wtih cheese, shy away from marriage.
Another reason might be "Why buy the cow when you are already getting the milk for free?"
Re: Do Guys Have A Phobia For Marriage OR ….. ??? by Nobody: 5:08am On Jan 24, 2013
Unu hapu ihe ahu,owu ego na-egbu ha? Even our grandfathers den struggled to have plenty yams n herds of goat in their barns b4 dey could marry their five wives. Guys of nowadays r just lazy coward who refuse to work n r scared of independent women like me! Abeg o! Make una no attack me,make I rephrase #clearing throat# most guys r lazy coward,peace out!!! wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: Do Guys Have A Phobia For Marriage OR ….. ??? by realdon(m): 10:01am On Jan 24, 2013
NO, women attitudes n unnecessary conditions are d reasons why men are not getting married these days.
Re: Do Guys Have A Phobia For Marriage OR ….. ??? by tpia5: 5:48pm On Jan 24, 2013
they're afraid because of what they see and know.
Re: Do Guys Have A Phobia For Marriage OR ….. ??? by olawumia(m): 6:47pm On Jan 24, 2013
The hardship in d economy is telling on every sector of human life. Unemploymnt,poor salary and others. 750k cant be enough to finance a wedding bro. How much u wanna rent hall?pay for Deco,ring and others. Before talking abt fud. Its all abt d socity itself.
Re: Do Guys Have A Phobia For Marriage OR ….. ??? by olawumia(m): 6:50pm On Jan 24, 2013
The hardship in d economy is telling on every sector of human life. Unemploymnt,poor salary and others. 750k cant be enough to finance a wedding bro. How much u wanna rent hall?pay for Deco,ring and others. Before talking abt fud. Its all abt d socity itself.bcus of that most guys are even going for less...they cant marry there kind of lady.too bad naija i dey hale oo.the country is sick,missionless leaders.fire burn them all.
Re: Do Guys Have A Phobia For Marriage OR ….. ??? by ladysmart: 3:00pm On Jan 25, 2013
olawumia: The hardship in d economy is telling on every sector of human life. Unemploymnt,poor salary and others. 750k cant be enough to finance a wedding bro. How much u wanna rent hall?pay for Deco,ring and others. Before talking abt fud. Its all abt d socity itself.bcus of that most guys are even going for less...they cant marry there kind of lady.too bad naija i dey hale oo.the country is sick,missionless leaders.fire burn them all.
i disagree wit u 750k can confortably take care of ur wedding, all u need is just sense of planning not much money.
Re: Do Guys Have A Phobia For Marriage OR ….. ??? by dokunbam(m): 3:10pm On Jan 25, 2013
nobody wants liability just like ladies want rich guys
Re: Do Guys Have A Phobia For Marriage OR ….. ??? by seunfly: 5:07pm On Jan 25, 2013
Friend, guyz are not marriophobia, it is just that the cercumstance around them does not favour marriage.
*Many marriagable guyz are either unemployed, the income is not enough for himself let alone wife and kids or he is not financialy satisfy to have a family.
*Time, many guyz are either too busy, still hustling or their job is so time consuming that they realy don't have time to think of settling down, unless some peaple close 2 them disturb them about it especialy MOTHER.
*Right woman, the issue of mrs right has been another causes of delay for guyz cos marriage is a once in a life time and nobody want to enter into wrong hand particulaly the way it has turn lately for both sides.
*Our ladies, most of naija girls are good but they capy each other alot most the time they copy books or bad eggs which gives wrong signals to their guyz, this makes many guyz to hold those girls while waiting 4 mrs right.
Re: Do Guys Have A Phobia For Marriage OR ….. ??? by topsco(m): 9:19pm On Jan 25, 2013
...A dog that cant kill a mosquito should never try going after a squirrel...

Ojo ti omode ba to ni o ko,a ni o ko...
P34C3

(1) (Reply)

. / Does She Mean Her Words? / Why Do Good Guys fall for Bad Girls?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.