Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,690 members, 7,820,406 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

Patience Fakabelema Jonathan: 15 Things You Did Not Know About Her - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience Fakabelema Jonathan: 15 Things You Did Not Know About Her (33488 Views)

APC To PDP: We Can’t Give Portfolios To Thugs, Mistresses As You Did / 54 Incredible Facts That You Might Not Know About Nigeria / You Can’t Divide Bayelsa, Like You Did Rivers - Youths Warn Patience Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patience Fakabelema Jonathan: 15 Things You Did Not Know About Her by jadakiss213(m): 10:54am On Jan 09, 2013
charlsecy4:

Intelligence and good diction are NOT necessarily related!
very true...many 'brillant/intelligent engineering students and graduates have very poor diction

1 Like

Re: Patience Fakabelema Jonathan: 15 Things You Did Not Know About Her by Nobody: 10:57am On Jan 09, 2013
Jaidey-one:
you must be retar*ded. Her english is so poor there's no how this woman would have passed WASSCE and JAMB on her own. I mean she didn't even know the meaning of the word widow. She's a product of this corrupt entity called Nigeria. She has (undeserved) B.Sc and now honourary PHD. Ofcourse it's not a crime that she can't speak english but she got those qualifications the wrong way: Do you want to deny the fact that there are special centers for both WAEC and JAMB?

Note that so many of those Nigerians(especially ladies no offence intended) you hear speaking good English are not good in writing it. I know countless of them that couldn't pass WAEC though they speak so well. Stop advertising ur ignorance in public abeg.
Speaking good English and passing WAEC are two different things. SORRY

1 Like

Re: Patience Fakabelema Jonathan: 15 Things You Did Not Know About Her by jadakiss213(m): 10:57am On Jan 09, 2013
Truckpusher: tell that to the old hag bored with life called SLIMYASH
Guy cool down biko..
Re: Patience Fakabelema Jonathan: 15 Things You Did Not Know About Her by Truckpusher(m): 10:58am On Jan 09, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]You go by titles and initials. Many of us still go by integrity and pedigree.[/size]
my sister forget Wetin dem write for motor enter motor...try marry presido make we here your polished grammar, una just dey kill una sef, if she come una house for visit na race your papa and mama go take they say welcome ma and if she throw her grammar all of una go smile like say she speak like Obama wife grin grin grin grin..Abi you no be Nigerian again?

1 Like

Re: Patience Fakabelema Jonathan: 15 Things You Did Not Know About Her by dont8(m): 10:59am On Jan 09, 2013
Impersonation!

Who's using Akpos name for banking, no wonder Nigerian Banking sector went into camatose cheesy
Ìyániwúrà123: she later briefly into the banking sector, establishing Akpo Community Bank in 1997, the first of its kind in Port Harcourt, and later served as the Marketing Manager of Imieto Community Bank.
Re: Patience Fakabelema Jonathan: 15 Things You Did Not Know About Her by mu2sa2: 10:59am On Jan 09, 2013
slimyem: I still find it difficult to believe she's actually a Bsc holder with her very poor diction.undecided
If your lover is your lecturer in naija you would still get your certificate even if you are not serious with your studies. He will do his bit of course and work on the other lecturers to do their own. Who cares when the end justifies the means.
Re: Patience Fakabelema Jonathan: 15 Things You Did Not Know About Her by ichommy(m): 11:00am On Jan 09, 2013
slimyem: ^yeah.
I find that highly ridiculous too!
Re: Patience Fakabelema Jonathan: 15 Things You Did Not Know About Her by COOLDUN: 11:05am On Jan 09, 2013
Was this a wrestling bout or dancing? Just a question……………
Re: Patience Fakabelema Jonathan: 15 Things You Did Not Know About Her by BLAND1(m): 11:07am On Jan 09, 2013
Quite informative n revealing too. Our ladies, please learn 4rm dis industrius, dedicated n visionary woman. Been educated shul b ur priority now as a husband is only a bonus later.
Re: Patience Fakabelema Jonathan: 15 Things You Did Not Know About Her by Nobody: 11:08am On Jan 09, 2013
Truckpusher: my sister forget Wetin dem write for motor enter motor...try marry presido make we here your polished grammar, una just dey kill una sef, if she come una house for visit na race your papa and mama go take they say welcome ma and if she throw her grammar all of una go smile like say she speak like Obama wife grin grin grin grin..Abi you no be Nigerian again?

[size=13pt]Wishful thinking on your part. If I'm First Lady of any country, the least I can do is polish myself and speak the nation's official language to represent my fellow Nigerians well. I don't think that's asking for too much.[/size]
Re: Patience Fakabelema Jonathan: 15 Things You Did Not Know About Her by Truckpusher(m): 11:11am On Jan 09, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]Spare us. You know fully well that getting ahead in Nigeria has nothing to do with brains and everything to do with money, politricking, and, in the case of her and her husband, LUCK. If Nigeria was a normal country, she would not be where she is.[/size]
With this mentality I guess that sweeping the streets of Canada would be a better option, my friend most us right here were born and bred here and we are making serious money by working very hard , but if you continue to delude yourself that to get anything done here is only by connection then your on a long thing....there is still some sanity here don't think we live on trees.

1 Like

Re: Patience Fakabelema Jonathan: 15 Things You Did Not Know About Her by Nobody: 11:12am On Jan 09, 2013
The fact sum1 can not speak good english doesn't mean he or she isn't intelligent now
Re: Patience Fakabelema Jonathan: 15 Things You Did Not Know About Her by AGgal(f): 11:13am On Jan 09, 2013
Funny enuf,most of u insulting dis lady,ur mothers at home cant even say gud morning in english n ure here abusing sum1's mother. Mtchewwwww
Re: Patience Fakabelema Jonathan: 15 Things You Did Not Know About Her by Nobody: 11:18am On Jan 09, 2013
gboss4sure: Oya make una choose one.

1. Speak Good English and End Up On Nairaland joblessly

2. Speak or Spoke Bad English And End Up In Aso Rock As A Presido or Firstlady.

Oya English masters and gbaguan detectors where una dey
Nigeria's biggest problem and the reason that country will remain in its current Shi-tty state is because of the MENTALITY of the people.

A large section of the populace REASON like this poster.

That REASONING is why Religious Scammers are worshipped and the elite stage-manage some dimwits to WIN elections and we say na GOD do am or Na him Destiny and Luck.
Nigeria is Hopeless.
I give up.

4 Likes

Re: Patience Fakabelema Jonathan: 15 Things You Did Not Know About Her by Nobody: 11:21am On Jan 09, 2013
No one is talking about their age, i am finding it difficult to believe number one(1) is correct
Re: Patience Fakabelema Jonathan: 15 Things You Did Not Know About Her by mu2sa2: 11:23am On Jan 09, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]Wishful thinking on your part. If I'm First Lady of any country, the least I can do is polish myself and speak the nation's official language to represent my fellow Nigerians well. I don't think that's asking for too much.[/size]
If she were truly intelligent and smart she should have learnt to speak good English by now having been in political limelight since 1999. Even a stark illiterate who never went to school would have learnt to speak simple good English in 13 years.

3 Likes

Re: Patience Fakabelema Jonathan: 15 Things You Did Not Know About Her by Truckpusher(m): 11:29am On Jan 09, 2013
ogugua88:

But truth be told her diction is alarming considering her position and I blame it on GEJ because if one gets married and you notice some deficiency in your woman as it regards to her spoken grammar and you know that in the society you're somebody that has a dream of being a popular figure, what stops one from hiring people to teach her and bring her to a presentable state instead of waiting for the rainy days when she will no longer have the time and zeal to learn.
Personally what I'm against here is the way Nigerians subject her personality to ridicule even when they are fully aware that she's handicapped .

2 Likes

Re: Patience Fakabelema Jonathan: 15 Things You Did Not Know About Her by Aringarosa(m): 11:50am On Jan 09, 2013
Truckpusher: But truth be told her diction is alarming considering her position and[b]
I blame it on GEJ because if one gets married and you notice some deficiency in your woman as it regards to her spoken grammar and you know that in the society you're somebody that has a dream of being a popular figure, what stops one from hiring people to teach her and bring her to a presentable state
[/b] instead of waiting for the rainy days when she will no longer have the time and zeal to learn.
Personally what I'm against here is the way Nigerians subject her personality to ridicule even when they are fully aware that she's handicapped .

You are on point with the bolded.

What stops Gej from hiring someone to brush up her Spoken English. Even Ruben Abati can double up his duty by brushing up her English.
Re: Patience Fakabelema Jonathan: 15 Things You Did Not Know About Her by chakula: 11:52am On Jan 09, 2013
Truckpusher: Personally what I'm against here is the way Nigerians subject her personality to ridicule even when they are fully aware that she's handicapped

With the above quote I hereby to notify the other posters that the thread has achieved its purpose, so that the thread closed.
Re: Patience Fakabelema Jonathan: 15 Things You Did Not Know About Her by dam007(m): 11:53am On Jan 09, 2013
2Legit2Qui:

Have you actually seen or heard this woman speak or you just base your assertions on all you read on the internet? I will like to know.
No provoke me o!
Re: Patience Fakabelema Jonathan: 15 Things You Did Not Know About Her by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jan 09, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]It's as if many Nigerians fail to realize that English is the official language of Nigeria. Until that changes, learn proper English.[/size]

Official you say?. English is an adopted language and its not a must that every Nigerian will know how to speak/write it.
Re: Patience Fakabelema Jonathan: 15 Things You Did Not Know About Her by Truckpusher(m): 12:20pm On Jan 09, 2013
[quote author=chakula]

With the above quote I hereby to notify the other posters that the thread has achieved its purpose, so that the thread .....
Re: Patience Fakabelema Jonathan: 15 Things You Did Not Know About Her by Truckpusher(m): 12:22pm On Jan 09, 2013
chakula:

With the above quote I hereby to notify the other posters that the thread has achieved its purpose, so that the thread closed.
But again I've come across a lady that finally got divorced because she refused to go back to learning despite all pleas from her husband and friends because he's a public person with big aspiration but she was damn beautiful but bad upbringing and poverty crippled her so you can say beauty without brain.....you can actually fall in love with somebody not your standard but my friend you can make them learn something even if it's only to speak English and this is one reason why most Nigerian men go for a second wife when their status changes and they become politically inclined.Parents needs to take care of their girl child properly you may never know who she's going to end up with and the little negligence right now can cost a lot of people pains untold ...again I blame GEJ a real man will always make sure that his woman can never be ridiculed even if ridiculed let it be out of mere jealousy and not with facts and figures like our first lady's case but using it as a tool to batter her personality is the most steupid thing to do as a people after all she's still our first lady , ridicule her and you ridicule the entire black women including your mother ,wife and daughters because she's a figure that represents African women wether you like it or not she's our first lady at least for now.
Re: Patience Fakabelema Jonathan: 15 Things You Did Not Know About Her by erayo2GCA(m): 12:30pm On Jan 09, 2013
dame is a student of GEJ and yet she is older than him with a month..
Re: Patience Fakabelema Jonathan: 15 Things You Did Not Know About Her by FlyboyZee: 12:34pm On Jan 09, 2013
Whats the big deal about her grammer?

I have heard a lot of Yoruba profs speak even more awful english than the Dame.
Secondly, the learning and teaching of science does not require you to be the most potent and prolific english speaker. Most science courses until recently make do with a WAEC PASS grade in English Language. For the records, I served in a tertiary institition In Northern Nigeria and keot on wondering what criteria was used for the recruitment of lecturers since most of them could barely speak one simple correct sentence.

Make una free the woman jare, No be she be the most educated person in Naija wey speak the worst english.
Re: Patience Fakabelema Jonathan: 15 Things You Did Not Know About Her by chakula: 12:56pm On Jan 09, 2013
Truckpusher: ........... personality is the most steupid thing to do as a people after all she's still our first lady , ridicule her and you ridicule the entire black women including your mother ,wife and daughters because she's a figure that represents African women wether you like it or not she's our first lady at least for now.

Though I don’t engage in any form of dispute with anybody via e-stuff but I disagree with your facts, however I have to present my capital NO on your post, Mocking on patience does not mean anything because people on high degree have received the same and did world end? No, I can say respect is give-and-take and, on the other hand you cleverly mocked your Mother for leveled Patience Handicapped, Please when next you are posting on public Forum always tries and makes valid points.

3 Likes

Re: Patience Fakabelema Jonathan: 15 Things You Did Not Know About Her by Burger01(m): 1:17pm On Jan 09, 2013
achu442: Haters una go die!...Bsc or no Bsc.What matters is money in the account,Abi na Bsc i go chop?
Why are you discombobulating?. grin
Re: Patience Fakabelema Jonathan: 15 Things You Did Not Know About Her by Jaideyone(m): 1:20pm On Jan 09, 2013
Kamsy10:

Note that so many of those Nigerians(especially ladies no offence intended) you hear speaking good English are not good in writing it. I know countless of them that couldn't pass WAEC though they speak so well. Stop advertising ur ignorance in public abeg.
Speaking good English and passing WAEC are two different things. SORRY
mumu she doesn't even know the meaning of widow. Have u heard statements like my husband and sambo are a good person That has nothing to do with just writing or diction.
Re: Patience Fakabelema Jonathan: 15 Things You Did Not Know About Her by uncletbuddy(m): 1:21pm On Jan 09, 2013
The first reasonable Nigerian I have met on nairaland. well done...
you know Nigerians are always conscious of the negative qualities of an individual(themselves) but not ready to see the good side... thank you jare... you deserve a bottle of malt.
Re: Patience Fakabelema Jonathan: 15 Things You Did Not Know About Her by Truckpusher(m): 1:22pm On Jan 09, 2013
chakula:

Though I don’t engage in any form of dispute with anybody via e-stuff but I disagree with your facts, however I have to present my capital NO on your post, Mocking on patience does not mean anything because people on high degree have received the same and did world end? No, I can say respect is give-and-take and, on the other hand you cleverly mocked your Mother for leveled Patience Handicapped, Please when next you are posting on public Forum always tries and makes valid points.
I'll not join issues with somebody that doesn't read and digest before commenting.....if we begin to tell our self the ugly truth it's so glaring that her spoken grammar calls for serious attention hence she's handicapped in that aspect ,forget abt sentiment fellow NL members will always say I'm one person that attacks GEJ's haters and some peeps even refer to us as being paid by the PDP or 40 man laptop crew which I'm totally unaware of or where they got that information.
I painstakingly read through your incoherent post it doesn't just make sense because I'm the last person you should be attacking and pls for the records don't open your smelly gutter to brIng my mom Into this because I won't be easy on your mom's punny with your lil dad crying by the corner consoling her....trust me I can do just that. cool cool cool shocked shocked cool cool
Re: Patience Fakabelema Jonathan: 15 Things You Did Not Know About Her by flow1759: 2:42pm On Jan 09, 2013
[quote author=Ìyániwúrà

4. According to Baridah Job Karabah, a former houseboy, her nickname back in the days was 'Mama Ice Cream' (and that of the President was simply 'Oga Joe' ). Ice cream ke? Yes, and that was because she used to cool (abi na freeze...lol) ice cream in her large deep freezers. The ice cream is then later distributed for sale. He says business was 'booming' for her then.
MR HOUSE BOY U SURE SAY SHE NO DEY GIVE U HER "ICE CREAM" LICK WHEN OGA JOE NO DEY? Job karabah! Job karabah!! Job karabah!!! How many times i call u? Those their two children fit b ur own oh, ehnnn dat means bye bye to house boy work for u oh!! U don hama b dat!!! LOL
Re: Patience Fakabelema Jonathan: 15 Things You Did Not Know About Her by razznaija(f): 3:47pm On Jan 09, 2013
I have actually met her in person when her husband was the deputy governor in Bayelsa state, i even went to the dedication ceremony of her son, i had to spend some time with her to actually like her, my mum went to the same secondary school with her.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

South West Governors Visits Tinubu (Pictures) / New Service Chiefs: 100 Military Generals May Be Retired / 4 Soldiers Wounded As Troops Clear Boko Haram Terrorists From Borno. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.