Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,915 members, 7,956,433 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:55 AM

Patience Fakabelema Jonathan: 15 Things You Did Not Know About Her - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience Fakabelema Jonathan: 15 Things You Did Not Know About Her (33603 Views)

APC To PDP: We Can’t Give Portfolios To Thugs, Mistresses As You Did / 54 Incredible Facts That You Might Not Know About Nigeria / You Can’t Divide Bayelsa, Like You Did Rivers - Youths Warn Patience Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patience Fakabelema Jonathan: 15 Things You Did Not Know About Her by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jan 09, 2013
Jaidey-one:
mumu she doesn't even know the meaning of widow. Have u heard statements like my husband and sambo are a good person That has nothing to do with just writing or diction.

If she likes she can speak in her dialect and have an interpreter. Ur own will not be more than complaining on nairaland. You can hate all you want but she's your firstlady. Thats my point.
Note: am not her fan either but we should be real and stop faking. We seem to love English even more than the owner
Abeg go and hide your miserable self in shame.

1 Like

Re: Patience Fakabelema Jonathan: 15 Things You Did Not Know About Her by babanne(m): 3:52pm On Jan 09, 2013
nadias877:
It's not impossible she's a graduate. There are lots of graduates out there who don't have a good command of english language

Rightly said, but its a pointer to a failed educational system or a failed state.
[size=14pt]English language teachers and students of today will you reverse the trend?[/size]

1 Like

Re: Patience Fakabelema Jonathan: 15 Things You Did Not Know About Her by Shaw007(m): 4:05pm On Jan 09, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]The fact that she can't speak the official language of her nation speaks volumes of her. My parents were both born and raised in Nigeria and speak English, Igbo, and a third language. My father still speaks some Hausa and my mother speaks Yoruba. I'm tired of the countless excuses people keep fabricating to justify their mediocrity in linguistics. If I'm raised in the US and can speak basic Igbo, then there's absolutely no reason why someone born and raised in Nigeria, an English speaking nation, with her numerous degrees should be butchering basic English by saying "The senators before you were once a children" and bombers are "making some children a widow". Unacceptable.[/size]
okay fine ,she cannot speak EngLish as shouLd!!

But i stILL maintain My stand that anywhere,anypLace!! Linguistics and diction are Not yardsticks for intelligence,saying she has No brains because she can't speak fLuent engLish is nonsense!

Heck,albert einstein had probLems communicating socially,and this is the same man most of his works are out of this worLd

so you reaLLy don't have a point indirectLY calling her brainLes!!

2 Likes

Re: Patience Fakabelema Jonathan: 15 Things You Did Not Know About Her by nwgoziri(m): 4:07pm On Jan 09, 2013
slimyem: I still find it difficult to believe she's actually a Bsc holder with her very poor diction.undecided
jelousy don kil u finish,mek ur gramr tek u 2 her position na mek we see!lol
Re: Patience Fakabelema Jonathan: 15 Things You Did Not Know About Her by beblessed(f): 4:10pm On Jan 09, 2013
Faka means- will never end. She probably bears ibifaka. Good will never end.

1 Like

Re: Patience Fakabelema Jonathan: 15 Things You Did Not Know About Her by Henzzy(m): 4:47pm On Jan 09, 2013
Our first lady is an ENgliSH teacher.
Re: Patience Fakabelema Jonathan: 15 Things You Did Not Know About Her by Akiika: 6:49pm On Jan 09, 2013
This ain't nothing about good command of english or not....this couple are simple greedy and unintelligent.
You don't have to speak good english to be smart. BTW, most graduates from Nigeria can neither speak good english nor write it, that at least they learnt from their teachers(Likes of Dame), attributable to the falling standard of education in Nigeria.
Re: Patience Fakabelema Jonathan: 15 Things You Did Not Know About Her by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jan 09, 2013
She was a brilliant student my foot. So this lecturer romancing students thing did not start today? Mtcheeew!
Re: Patience Fakabelema Jonathan: 15 Things You Did Not Know About Her by mkoabiola: 9:23pm On Jan 09, 2013
No matter what.
She is still d best of d 1st lady, Nigeria has ever had.
I lover her.
Re: Patience Fakabelema Jonathan: 15 Things You Did Not Know About Her by mulumele(m): 10:02pm On Jan 09, 2013
Jonathan should be tried for romancing his student.
Re: Patience Fakabelema Jonathan: 15 Things You Did Not Know About Her by Localtrouble: 10:37pm On Jan 09, 2013
genxris: Grammarians in the house please where has your grammar landed you? It's unfortunate we live a fake life in Nigeria,we claim to know the language more than the owners of the language. I was watching FIFaA world best player award on T.V aand I saw prominent personalities from all over the world addressing the world in their native Spanish,Portuguese or french tounges because they can't speak english but in Nigeria even those that passed their ssce through miracle centres are opening their dirty mouth to judge the first ladie's grammer.
She doesn't speak queens/polished english..AND SO WHAT
Bless your soul..the likes of Beyonce, JayZ etc don't speak good english yet theyre celebrated the World over. I've seen some very intelligent people who can't really express themselves in English. E don reach for us to change our national language to pidgin. If you can "spoke" english..na for your head. Even Gordon Brown dey gbagaun too
Re: Patience Fakabelema Jonathan: 15 Things You Did Not Know About Her by Encoredme(m): 11:14pm On Jan 09, 2013
Joey82: I'm still wondering in what language she taught those kids at stella maries.
and to say her husband loved her because she was bright and smart?
what then happened to her?
shocked
Joey82: I'm still wondering in what language she taught those kids at stella maries.
and to say her husband loved her because she was bright and smart?
what then happened to her?

Exactly the question on my mind too? Did she suddenly lose all that smartness and brilliance?
Re: Patience Fakabelema Jonathan: 15 Things You Did Not Know About Her by Jaideyone(m): 11:26pm On Jan 09, 2013
Kamsy10:

If she likes she can speak in her dialect and have an interpreter. Ur own will not be more than complaining on nairaland. You can hate all you want but she's your firstlady. Thats my point.
Note: am not her fan either but we should be real and stop faking. We seem to love English even more than the owner
Abeg go and hide your miserable self in shame.
What's the official language in Nigeria? So u feel it's ok if your first lady can't speak decent english? You're out of touch with reality. English is the official language in Nigeria. It's the only language that at least 60% of Nigerians understand. Until the lingual franca is changed any graduate of the Nigerian educational system that can't speak english is a disgrace to the country!!!
Re: Patience Fakabelema Jonathan: 15 Things You Did Not Know About Her by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jan 09, 2013
[size=13pt]I banned you for repeated name calling.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Patience Fakabelema Jonathan: 15 Things You Did Not Know About Her by toygod2: 11:42pm On Jan 09, 2013
Wot an informative thread grin
Re: Patience Fakabelema Jonathan: 15 Things You Did Not Know About Her by goodmike7: 12:49am On Jan 10, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]I banned you for repeated name calling.[/size]

Name calling who repeatedly

See wht I mean,yet you open your mouth to abuse leaders of abusing powers,common nl dey made u a mod you ban baselessly. Shame on you. You ban I open another and mark my word is my world against yours. Idiota
Re: Patience Fakabelema Jonathan: 15 Things You Did Not Know About Her by goodmike7: 12:54am On Jan 10, 2013
mko abiola: No matter what.
I lover her.

Me too
Those that think they know english I hope they get married to a well placed government official to showcase their diction,I doubt if they even have a boyfriend sef that has a promising future,just come here to show their useless ill manners

1 Like

Re: Patience Fakabelema Jonathan: 15 Things You Did Not Know About Her by adexsimply(m): 4:36am On Jan 10, 2013
powerblaze: If bad english can get me 1 billion naira worth of food per year, I no wan go school again abeg..
abi Nw
Re: Patience Fakabelema Jonathan: 15 Things You Did Not Know About Her by striker07(m): 4:21pm On Jan 10, 2013
The part i like most is the ice cream part, Mama Ice cream,she must be very industrious.

1 Like

Re: Patience Fakabelema Jonathan: 15 Things You Did Not Know About Her by jpphilips(m): 1:45pm On Jan 11, 2013
B-LAND:
Quite informative n revealing too. Our ladies, please learn 4rm dis industrius, dedicated n visionary woman. Been educated shul b ur priority now as a husband is only a bonus later.

industrious and dedicated indeed, how Nigerians enjoy mediocrity. someone who went to school to study, ended up dating her lecturer who in turn helped her to make grades, in the end, she cant even spell her name has become an Icon in this sh!!t hole called Nigeria

ABIA!!

1 Like

Re: Patience Fakabelema Jonathan: 15 Things You Did Not Know About Her by tpia5: 1:50pm On Jan 11, 2013
gbosaa: Word of advice for all my single brothers.

YOU CAN S.HAG A PU.SSY THAT IS OLDER THAN YOUR D.ICK BUT NEVER MARRY ONE.

Especially if you want to be popular on nairaland instead of aso rock.

One month is what you're making a big deal about?

They're the same age, so keep walking, jeez.
Re: Patience Fakabelema Jonathan: 15 Things You Did Not Know About Her by tpia5: 1:53pm On Jan 11, 2013
Anyway!

They were the same age even though he was her teacher, hmm.
Re: Patience Fakabelema Jonathan: 15 Things You Did Not Know About Her by jpphilips(m): 1:58pm On Jan 11, 2013
razznaija: I have actually met her in person when her husband was the deputy governor in Bayelsa state, i even went to the dedication ceremony of her son, i had to spend some time with her to actually like her, my mum went to the same secondary school with her.

it seems this incoherence is regional, please ask your neighbor what this post of yours had to do with the thread.
Re: Patience Fakabelema Jonathan: 15 Things You Did Not Know About Her by jpphilips(m): 2:03pm On Jan 11, 2013
mko abiola: No matter what.
I lover her.

why not? afterall, you are not the one talking,its the contract to supply kitchen utensils in Aso rock that is speaking through you
Re: Patience Fakabelema Jonathan: 15 Things You Did Not Know About Her by KnowAll(m): 2:12pm On Jan 11, 2013
[size=16pt]15 things u did not know about Patience Jonathan!!!![/size]

Is it true Patience Jonathan and Goodluck Jonothan met in a Senate discipliary meeting at the University of Port-Harcourt. Well it was alleged that madam Patience brought in "masqurade" (prepared notes) during one of her exams and she was apprehended. The story was Jonathan Goodluck promise to get her of the hook, of course with a favour(no be me talk am) lipsrsealed The rest they say is history!! lipsrsealed
Re: Patience Fakabelema Jonathan: 15 Things You Did Not Know About Her by Ngwakwe: 2:48pm On Jan 11, 2013
What about me and my types who had statement of results from WAEC as follows:
English. P8
Mathematics A1
Physics A1
Chemistry A2
Biology A1
Geography A3
CRK A1
Further Maths A2
Igbo A2

JAMB 280

FUTO accepted it and issued admission letter.

As for some of our classmates that had English grade A and did poorly on other subjects never made it to the University.
Re: Patience Fakabelema Jonathan: 15 Things You Did Not Know About Her by Duru1(m): 2:50pm On Jan 11, 2013
Nigerians are funnily funny. Nobody can be at the two ends of the stick at the same time. It is either you are poor or rich. One poster alluded that her mother is a linguistic expert and full of intellectual wits yet never set foot in Aso Rock or government house in Awka. In the other hand, Mrs GEJ is not an expert linguistically yet finds herself in the corridor of power in Nigeria.

I guess it is called diversity.
Re: Patience Fakabelema Jonathan: 15 Things You Did Not Know About Her by Adejoro74: 4:10pm On Jan 11, 2013
Ìyániwúrà123: DAME PATIENCE FAKA JONATHAN

10. Her hobbies? You bet! Reading, writing, travelling and oh yeah, swimming!

/

Is that a past or present hobby? As an Okrikan, she must have swum, but as a fat lady, has she been swimming?
Re: Patience Fakabelema Jonathan: 15 Things You Did Not Know About Her by pazienza(m): 4:27pm On Jan 11, 2013
Truckpusher: people like you usually end up with a truckpusher like me grin grin grin grin
Hahaha! Funny guy. I like your way these days.
Re: Patience Fakabelema Jonathan: 15 Things You Did Not Know About Her by adexsimply(m): 5:14pm On Jan 11, 2013
gboss4sure: Oya make una choose one.

1. Speak Good English and End Up On Nairaland joblessly

2. Speak or Spoke Bad English And End Up In Aso Rock As A Presido or Firstlady.

Oya English masters and gbaguan detectors where una dey
heeeeeeeee... i'd rada CHOOSING option two o wink wink wink wink
Re: Patience Fakabelema Jonathan: 15 Things You Did Not Know About Her by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jan 11, 2013
erayo2GCA: dame is a student of GEJ and yet she is older than him with a month..

LMAO. Shìt happens.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Saudi Arabia To Build Refinery In Nigeria / Afenifere: Osinbajo Practically Out Of Buhari’s Government / Photos: President Jonathan And Wife At Their Polling Unit In Bayelsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.