Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,754 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

How Much Of Your Past Should Your Lover Know? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Much Of Your Past Should Your Lover Know? (8899 Views)

What Is The Thing You Regret The Most From Your Past Relationships? / When Your Bae Insists On Investigating Your Past. / How Much Of The Past Should One Reveal To Fiance Or Fiancee? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Of Your Past Should Your Lover Know? by majour(m): 2:17pm On Jan 09, 2013
ok, am dating this cute princess of chocolate goodness, yester night she brought up d ideal of confiding in each other with our past to know ourselves more beta, she told me about her escapades and i got a bit jealous and stuff (who wouldn't be), then it got to my turn to talk, so i told her about my fling with a married young lady and she got all vexed and quarreled with me, been trying to call her since and she ain't picking.
Was i wrong for saying the truth or is it that there are things one just don't trust with a partner.

Your thoughts.
Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your Lover Know? by jhydebaba(m): 2:29pm On Jan 09, 2013
Too bad shocked
Ur GF is tired of the relationship and needed an excuse to opt out, if not, I don't think she can be taken seriously..

1 Like

Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your Lover Know? by majour(m): 2:58pm On Jan 09, 2013
^ good point dude bt NAH, she just left my place, she said she was angry cus it an immoral act (imagine? Like wat we do isnt) so its all good, bt the point still is, do we really confide in our partners with our past?

1 Like

Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your Lover Know? by Deivid10(m): 3:13pm On Jan 09, 2013
What hurts more abt the truth is how it is been told... 4get d fact that am 2nd to comment again *winks*... @ OP frm ur secnd comment, it can b extracted dat u were nt remorseful abt such Act. Check... There re beta ways such stories could b told

1 Like

Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your Lover Know? by YuzedoII: 3:15pm On Jan 09, 2013
@OP: If she has Big Brezz and Big Nyash, beg her till she forgives you. wink
If she looks like Slimyem Letter "I", let her gerraway!!!!! angry

4 Likes

Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your Lover Know? by Abyjah: 3:15pm On Jan 09, 2013
I need to trust someone before confiding in them. Here's the bomb: I don't trust anyone.

However, I've come close to trusting a few persons but it scared the shit out of me so I never confided.

Back to the op's question. The last time I tried to confide in myself in front of a mirror even my own reflection mocked at me.

Bottomline. Stop doing that...to be continued

10 Likes

Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your Lover Know? by mahadnac: 3:16pm On Jan 09, 2013
i thing ur gf dont want to accept the fact that u had an affair with a married woman smiley smiley smiley
Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your Lover Know? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jan 09, 2013
i don't really care as long as you haven't Bleep with the whole country so my questions to girl is : how many bf did you have before me..more than 5 i will just Bleep u and leave less than 3 or 2 ,you worth something serious...
ps: i can fake love
i don't have lover but gfs at least for now cool

1 Like

Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your Lover Know? by Gabrielsylar(m): 3:18pm On Jan 09, 2013
U shuld know ow many pple she has killed. And eaten

1 Like

Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your Lover Know? by uchechuwku: 3:18pm On Jan 09, 2013
I'm a criminal
we all are
so, why she c.um dey vex?
Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your Lover Know? by Dygeasy(m): 3:19pm On Jan 09, 2013
You are both sick

Did you say PAST? Let the past remain the past and don't allow it affect the present. If you allow it, You're obviously both high on something

If u both learn of each other's past, its a normal thing if its a bit dirty and if u know u can't deal with it when u learn about it, don't bother digging.

For not picking your calls, I repeat she is sick

1 Like

Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your Lover Know? by elliottibanga(m): 3:20pm On Jan 09, 2013
YuzedoII: @OP: If she has Big Brezz and Big Nyash, beg her till she forgives you. wink

Very eloquently said. grin grin grin grin
Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your Lover Know? by emmabest2000(m): 3:22pm On Jan 09, 2013
it all depends on the type of past u had if ur past is too rough it is better u didn't discuss it with ur current partner to avoid unexpected break up
Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your Lover Know? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jan 09, 2013
I believe there are things that are better left in the mind. If its a sin,confess it to God and no one else. Truth can be hurtful atimes. So,only tell your partner whatever it is he/she can handle.

1 Like

Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your Lover Know? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jan 09, 2013
Don't share ur past with someone who will use it against you now,or in the future.

Know ur spouse's past,only when necessary,some things A̶̲̥̅®ε̲̣̣̣̥ better kept it the past τ̲̅ȍ avoid haunting us.

Ur girl is a definition of whom never τ̲̅ȍ share ur past with.

Pls don't mind the type setting, A̶̲̥̅♏ using my colleague's fone.
Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your Lover Know? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jan 09, 2013
The good ones only. wtf is the point bringing past event that might probably harm your present happiness. no time, yesterday will never come back so move on.
Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your Lover Know? by Trecixnine(m): 3:25pm On Jan 09, 2013
I can't even remember how many relationships I have had in the past. So wanting to know my past might take her all the time in her youthful age. By the time she decides on whether or not to go ahead with me, she is too old to go away.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your Lover Know? by hakunamatata1: 3:27pm On Jan 09, 2013
truth is: learn not to jump the gun & reveal only as much as she herself does. else, u risk getting her jelous.
If my Chocoberry sabi how many water has crossed under my bridge, then London bridge will come falling down! shocked

1 Like

Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your Lover Know? by Heatblast(m): 3:30pm On Jan 09, 2013
majour: that am dating a married young lady and she got all vexed and quarreled with me, been trying to call her since and she ain't picking.
Was i wrong for saying the truth or is it that there are things one just don't trust with a partner.

Your thoughts.

Mehn... See new tricks chicks are using to zone guys... I must not fall for this one... Thanks for the info @op

1 Like

Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your Lover Know? by queensmith: 3:32pm On Jan 09, 2013
I don't think they have to know anything, I mean if they ask and have reasonable reasons for asking, you should always tell the truth. Including saying when your not comfortable disclosing something.
Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your Lover Know? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jan 09, 2013
My brother, some things are better locked and they keys thrown away. Some dude wisely said: "Let sleeping digs lie" cool

1 Like

Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your Lover Know? by Rotmyt: 3:33pm On Jan 09, 2013
The past belongs in the past. It should be left there.However,if the info is relevant/important to your patner and you must confide in him,anticipating his reaction would guide the mode of delivery and how detailed you should get.
Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your Lover Know? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jan 09, 2013
yea, i think ur partner shld kno abt ur past cos sometimes d past affects d future...also, its gud she hears it 4m u intead f hearin it 4m anoda source....

Anybody dat loves wouldnt leav u cos f ur past..

2 Likes

Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your Lover Know? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jan 09, 2013
Every sin is a sin but there are some that potrays one as completely morally bankrupt,a person bereft of any sense of right or wrong.Any reasonable girl will be as pissed as she is.Married woman??Gosh!wtf is wrong with some guys?Tomorrow you expect a faithful wife rightas you shag others wives,so shall people shag yours.A man's wife will cost you your life.Desist from such acts.

Answer to ur post,reveal all the pasts that might likely pop out to haunt you in future to avoid suprises.If your pasts are not too sordid,reveal all.If u love this girl,You really have to show complete remorse to win her back.Funny no one is seeing any biggie in your revelation.Not all truth is necessary, telling a girl that you bleeped a fellow man's wife is f***ked mehn.

1 Like

Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your Lover Know? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jan 09, 2013
@ posters question.
For the babes: He shld neva knw of hw many abortions you ve done.

For the guys: Dont eva let her knw u ve slept wit her cousin, frnds & colleagues.

Let all this remain in the past, were it belonged. For the sake of peace & trust. Shikena!!

3 Likes

Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your Lover Know? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 3:43pm On Jan 09, 2013
I can share my past with the woman I love.
Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your Lover Know? by Redmosquito(m): 3:46pm On Jan 09, 2013
**In Old Man's Voice**
KIDS! Do they ever grow up?!
I mean, she asked for the past, u told her and she began to vex? undecided She is just plain immature, very childish, highly undeveloped and inexperienced!
But who cares? Na ur wahala be dat!
***Drives Dangote Truck carefully!***
Garri is now expensive! I cant afford to spill any!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your Lover Know? by simdam500(m): 3:56pm On Jan 09, 2013
My man u shouldn't ave said dat. For me d only past to be told is atleast 1day b4 i met her. *but wont tell her*

1 Like

Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your Lover Know? by timpaker(m): 3:57pm On Jan 09, 2013
which kind question be this?

Okay< you want me to tell her I once sha.gged her younger sister on Valentines day and proposed to her the next day huh? angry angry angry
Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your Lover Know? by lond07: 4:02pm On Jan 09, 2013
"Some things in life are better not known. Things better left to rest where they lie". --- Louise Anderson in "The Mystery of Death" 2004
Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your Lover Know? by location(m): 4:21pm On Jan 09, 2013
YuzedoII: @OP: If she has Big Brezz and Big Nyash, beg her till she forgives you. wink
you are not communicating

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

GRAPHIC!! Are you careful with who you kiss, give mouthaction and sleep with? / I Want To Stalk Her! - Please Advice. / Waking Up With A Good Dick – Lady Shares Sex Experience After A Night Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.