Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,126 members, 7,835,787 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

How Much Of Your Past Should Your Lover Know? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Much Of Your Past Should Your Lover Know? (8906 Views)

What Is The Thing You Regret The Most From Your Past Relationships? / When Your Bae Insists On Investigating Your Past. / How Much Of The Past Should One Reveal To Fiance Or Fiancee? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your Lover Know? by promire2004(f): 5:48am On Jan 10, 2013
sleekch1c:
Confess ur sins to God and leave the past to the past. Simples.....some truths are better left where they belong. Why dig up a can of worms?

What happens when your past catches up with you, eh? Once you are out to build trust in a relationship, it's necessary to be open-minded and honest. I believe sincere love conquers all. Not this facades of sexual relationships we call love and dating nowadays. You can decide to confess your sins to God and leave the past to where they belong. To each his own.
Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your Lover Know? by ebealways: 8:33am On Jan 10, 2013
@op There are things that needed to be told, this are things that can be discovered in the future, what goes around comes around, you have done the right thing by saying it as it is, what about if you get married to her, whether by error or commission she got to known some secret about you that was never told by an outsider, it will make her never to trust u again no matter what you do,is better she feels bad about it after you have told, it build trust even if an outsider want to tell her then, she will be happy that you have told her before, she will have to defend you than something she has not heard anything about before, it will take the grace of God for her to believe you thereafter,we have to face the fact and say it as it is without fear and favor, if your partner cannot accept you and your past is not worth it being together, in a relationship trust is a key thing, everything that happened was in the past,it has happened and u cannot change it, that is a test to know who is for you, there is no fear in love, if you can tell your past or you are afraid of telling your past to your partner there is a problem, you have to known your partners past if it is a serious relationship, anything you have forgotten might come up in the future, you be more ashamed now than the way you will feel if you have done it earlier, it might kill trust forever,after telling your past to the rightful person your heart will be at peace with you that you have done the right thing,you have done the ideal thing wink
Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your Lover Know? by Nobody: 8:41am On Jan 10, 2013
ebealways: @op There are things that needed to be told, this are things that can be discovered in the future, what goes around comes around, you have done the right thing by saying it as it is, what about if you get married to her, whether by error or commission, it will make her never to trust u again no matter what you do,we have to face the fact and say it as it is without fear and favor, if your partner cannot accept you and your past is not worth it being together, in a relationship trust is a key thing, everything that happened was in the past,it has happened and u cannot change it, that is a test to know who is for you, there is no fear in love, if you can tell your past or you are afraid of telling your past to your partner there is a problem, you have to known your partners past if it is a serious relationship, anything you have forgotten might come up in the future, you be more ashamed now than the way you will feel if you have done it earlier, it might kill trust forever,after telling your past to the rightful person your heart will be at peace with you that you have done the right thing,you have done the ideal thing wink
well said
Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your Lover Know? by pianogirl(f): 8:43am On Jan 10, 2013
vivichocs: yea, i think ur partner shld kno abt ur past cos sometimes d past affects d future...also, its gud she hears it 4m u intead f hearin it 4m anoda source....

Anybody dat loves wouldnt leav u cos f ur past..

You are so on point..Couldnt have said it any beta.
Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your Lover Know? by klear(f): 9:35am On Jan 10, 2013
You did the right thing. If she can't take the story why start in the first place? After all, she does not have a snow white past. If she continues to refuse picking your calls, let her go. If she can not accept you with your past, then she has not right to enjoy your future with you. It is very important for partners to be open with each other especially if their r/ship is heading towards marriage. You wouldn't want to wake up one morning to find out that your husband/ wife has discovered that 10yrs old child you had before you got married.
Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your Lover Know? by TheMatrix3: 9:44am On Jan 10, 2013
Haven't you guys heard of El Matrix Law? it states "Its only a girl you don't love (and can afford to let go) that you should tell every thing". I agree fully: Imagine telling your fiancee that you've slept SEVERALLY with her twin sister shocked and that while she traveled, you mistakenly had sex with your ex ... My guy e don be for u o! tongue
Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your Lover Know? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jan 10, 2013
byvan: Every sin is a sin but there are some that potrays one as completely morally bankrupt,a person bereft of any sense of right or wrong.Any reasonable girl will be as pissed as she is.Married woman??Gosh!wtf is wrong with some guys?Tomorrow you expect a faithful wife rightas you shag others wives,so shall people shag yours.A man's wife will cost you your life.Desist from such acts.

Answer to ur post,reveal all the pasts that might likely pop out to haunt you in future to avoid suprises.If your pasts are not too sordid,reveal all.If u love this girl,You really have to show complete remorse to win her back.Funny no one is seeing any biggie in your revelation.Not all truth is necessary, telling a girl that you bleeped a fellow man's wife is f***ked mehn.

I lacked d guts to say ds... Thank GOD u did it 4 me!
Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your Lover Know? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jan 10, 2013
What is wrong wt my generation? Sleeping wt anoda man's wife? Mehn..dats way over d bar!
Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your Lover Know? by Uwakuwak(f): 1:27pm On Jan 10, 2013
any man can be a fool, instead of him to confess to God, he is confessing to a lover, shall i hope say you no let her kn the woman.
Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your Lover Know? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jan 10, 2013
utumunta:

I lacked d guts to say ds... Thank GOD u did it 4 me!

Absolutely my pleasure!!!!
Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your Lover Know? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jan 10, 2013
[quote author=sleekch1c]
Confess ur sins to God and leave the past to the past. Simples.....some truths are better left where they belong. Why dig up a can of worms?[/quote

Hiya pal!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Girlfriend In Another Guy's House / One Disadvantage Of Having A Big Diick... / See The Fruits I Bought For My Pregnant Girlfriend Worth Thousands - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.