Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,429 members, 7,815,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

How Much Of The Past Should One Reveal To Fiance Or Fiancee? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Much Of The Past Should One Reveal To Fiance Or Fiancee? (1635 Views)

Media React As Comedienne Etinosa Proposed To Fiance On Her Knees (photos) / Dnt Call Me Again.... Will Call U Weneva I Want To! - Fiance Fiance / Can You Forgive Your Girlfriend Or Fiancee If She Did Dis To You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Of The Past Should One Reveal To Fiance Or Fiancee? by jmoore(m): 8:52am On Apr 28, 2015
Some folks are of the opinion that "what happens in vegas stays in vegas".

A- A woman who has aborted, should she tell her fiance?

B- A man that was a serial rapist, should he tell his fiancee?

C- A man that was a murderer and ritual killer, should he tell her fiancee?

D- A woman that was a prostitute, should she tell her fiance?

If you find any of these ugly past about your partner five years into the marriage, what would be your reaction?
Re: How Much Of The Past Should One Reveal To Fiance Or Fiancee? by agarawu23(m): 8:59am On Apr 28, 2015
I will tell her everything except my salary(how much I earn)

1 Like

Re: How Much Of The Past Should One Reveal To Fiance Or Fiancee? by Cholls(m): 8:59am On Apr 28, 2015
my brother i dont want to know D atal. These kind thing go pain me.
Re: How Much Of The Past Should One Reveal To Fiance Or Fiancee? by demmy0325(m): 9:07am On Apr 28, 2015
Re: How Much Of The Past Should One Reveal To Fiance Or Fiancee? by naijaboiy: 9:23am On Apr 28, 2015
Some things are better left unsaid.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Of The Past Should One Reveal To Fiance Or Fiancee? by dulux07(m): 9:28am On Apr 28, 2015
Its safer n best to tell everything during courtship, so u dont feel guilty in future. N like u said, so that it does not haunt in future
Re: How Much Of The Past Should One Reveal To Fiance Or Fiancee? by sinaj(f): 9:28am On Apr 28, 2015
naijaboiy:
Some things are better left unsaid.

did u c 2ru me

coz u stole my words undecided
Re: How Much Of The Past Should One Reveal To Fiance Or Fiancee? by naijaboiy: 9:40am On Apr 28, 2015
sinaj:

did u c 2ru me

coz u stole my words undecided
Theft is a crime.

So i'm expecting you to call the police on me. undecided
Re: How Much Of The Past Should One Reveal To Fiance Or Fiancee? by sinaj(f): 9:48am On Apr 28, 2015
naijaboiy:

Theft is a crime.

So i'm expecting you to call the police on me. undecided

u r lucky i dnt av airtime to call 911 for you tongue
Re: How Much Of The Past Should One Reveal To Fiance Or Fiancee? by Nobody: 10:48am On Apr 28, 2015
sinaj:

u r lucky i dnt av airtime to call 911 for you tongue
. Do you need airtime to call 911?
Well I will bare all, gradually.
That is if I see a future with him.
Re: How Much Of The Past Should One Reveal To Fiance Or Fiancee? by sinaj(f): 11:07am On Apr 28, 2015
Adaobi12:
. Do you need airtime to call 911?
Well I will bare all, gradually.
That is if I see a future with him.

wz kidin wen i typed i dnt av airtime to cal 911...

um...wah du u mean by baring it all
Re: How Much Of The Past Should One Reveal To Fiance Or Fiancee? by MrsChima(f): 11:13am On Apr 28, 2015
jmoore:
Some folks are of the opinion that "what happens in vegas stays in vegas".

A- A woman who has aborted, should she tell her fiance?

B- A man that was a serial rapist, should he tell his fiancee?

C- A man that was a murderer and ritual killer, should he tell her fiancee?

D- A woman that was a prostitute, should she tell her fiance?

If you find any of these ugly past about your partner five years into the marriage, what would be your reaction?

The only thing you should reveal are information that's pertinent to your partner such as diseases and you are dealing with ongoing issues.

If you have done questionable things in the past and it is handled..let it stay buried. It is no on business. If it won't affect you...then why do you care?

Focus on what is important and not what's irrelevant.
Re: How Much Of The Past Should One Reveal To Fiance Or Fiancee? by Nobody: 11:42am On Apr 28, 2015
sinaj:

wz kidin wen i typed i dnt av airtime to cal 911...

um...wah du u mean by baring it all
. I will tell him all about my past.
Re: How Much Of The Past Should One Reveal To Fiance Or Fiancee? by jmoore(m): 12:20pm On Apr 28, 2015
The sextape(group sex) of your spouse went viral after you are married.

What would be your reaction?

Would you have gone ahead with the marriage if she/he told you about the sex tape during courtship?
Re: How Much Of The Past Should One Reveal To Fiance Or Fiancee? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Apr 28, 2015
People with horrible pasts be like . . . . No, it doesn't matter. Hide it.
Wtf? Well, as for me, i'm incurably curious. And so, my answer is totally yes. Tell me every goddamned thing.
Re: How Much Of The Past Should One Reveal To Fiance Or Fiancee? by Nobody: 11:50am On Apr 29, 2015
Re: How Much Of The Past Should One Reveal To Fiance Or Fiancee? by Hila12(m): 1:31pm On Apr 29, 2015
There are no rules to this...

However, any blast from the past troubling your conscience, depriving you of inner peace and pushing you towards lying (deceiving your partner) just to cover tracks should be shared. Especially deliberately withheld relationship-threatening information.

A wise man once said 'When the time is right, the peacock opens it's unclothedness for the world to see'
Re: How Much Of The Past Should One Reveal To Fiance Or Fiancee? by dhamstar(m): 1:38pm On Apr 29, 2015
You say everything, You risk your relationship
Re: How Much Of The Past Should One Reveal To Fiance Or Fiancee? by ginawest(f): 1:45pm On Apr 29, 2015
its beta to let sleeping dogs lie...
Re: How Much Of The Past Should One Reveal To Fiance Or Fiancee? by saintaustine(m): 4:18pm On Apr 29, 2015
ginawest:
Assuming it comes back to hunt you.
Re: How Much Of The Past Should One Reveal To Fiance Or Fiancee? by boynigeria(m): 4:23pm On Apr 29, 2015
i will wanna tell my Fiancee all my past and kn all hers too cos it wont be fun hearing shits about each other outside and not be able to defend each other
plus if u love me u gatto love the whole me
Re: How Much Of The Past Should One Reveal To Fiance Or Fiancee? by boynigeria(m): 4:32pm On Apr 29, 2015
ginawest:
for alot of guys thats the worst thing u can do to them, guys like me
if i claim to love u i love u all, that's why its called the past
but imagine ur man hanging out with his friends and they met with a friend's friend who kns all ur kinky lil nasty story and he was like "dude u sabi this babe? omo this babeeee ehnnnnn she fitttttt.......one of ma padi....." and ur man is just there looking like dumbdumb
no mata how gentle a man he is, babe its not gonna be pretty
Re: How Much Of The Past Should One Reveal To Fiance Or Fiancee? by Ojugunrege(f): 2:57pm On Apr 30, 2015
I am an advocate of keeping some information in the past where they belong. However, my take is one needs to reveal any past deeds for which the consequences can hurt the relationship now or the marriage in the future.
Certainly, it is only you who can determine that...it is not a one size fits all.
Re: How Much Of The Past Should One Reveal To Fiance Or Fiancee? by elantraceey(f): 9:39pm On Apr 30, 2015
just the one that's necessary.
Re: How Much Of The Past Should One Reveal To Fiance Or Fiancee? by tete444: 11:33am On May 28, 2015
Re: How Much Of The Past Should One Reveal To Fiance Or Fiancee? by Nobody: 2:05pm On May 28, 2015
All present truths must be revealed.

(1) (Reply)

A Tribute To A Dear Friend - Desire Nwosu / Can Anyone Tell Me The Meaning / When The Man Is The Gold Digger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.