Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,001 members, 7,810,787 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:27 PM

NL Rap Battles chatroom - Rap Battles (1073) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rap Battles / NL Rap Battles chatroom (1258527 Views)

NL Rap Battles Chatroom 2 / NL Rap Battles Top 10 Netcees Of 2014 / Nairaland Rap Battles Real Call Out Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1070) (1071) (1072) (1073) (1074) (1075) (1076) ... (1118) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by YoungDaNaval(m): 10:49am On May 29, 2016
Limerick:

You know what, forget it. I simply wanted to remind you how much of a b**tch you are and I didn't want to do it openly.
lmao!!!
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by YoungDaNaval(m): 10:50am On May 29, 2016
teddybiyasi:

thanks sir
omo dark, your wife don repent oooh
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by YoungDaNaval(m): 10:52am On May 29, 2016
Limerick:

Bro, you are uglier than me na..
I mean, I've seen your pictures
lmao!!!
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by YoungDaNaval(m): 10:53am On May 29, 2016
darkenedrebel:

It's not entirely his fault though. When the Almighty Creator was busy distributing wisdom amongst his beloved children, lime was preoccupied with checking LIVE SCORES and trying to see what wins he could parlay into his next Baba Ijebu stake. grin

He's not a completely hopeless case though.

A little bird told me that common sense is being sold currently and at a very affordable rate on Jumia.com.

Lime should avail himself of this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and recourse to Jumia while the offer still lasts
grin.
hahahahaha
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by jreyez(m): 4:41pm On May 29, 2016
grin
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 7:03pm On May 29, 2016
YoungDaNaval:
omo dark, your wife don repent oooh

Who is my wife? grin
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by YoungDaNaval(m): 10:56pm On May 29, 2016
darkenedrebel:

Who is my wife? grin
egbo, you get any other wife for here aside teddy? wink
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 7:25pm On May 30, 2016
YoungDaNaval:
egbo, you get any other wife for here aside teddy? wink

Many in fact, and I'm lucid enough to inform you that Teddy is no appurtenance in my very vast and variegated harem. wink
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Anomaly7(m): 8:00pm On May 30, 2016
Hello
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by kr0ne(m): 4:15pm On May 31, 2016
darkenedrebel:

My penmanship needs no facelift, frater.
You said it yourself and I quote: "I have been off NL for some reasons".

The foregoing is corroborative evidence to the fact that my metaphors not being within your grasp was entirely your fault,not mine.

1. Since you were off NL(and most likely other social media agoras), then chances are that you are not up-to-date on current affairs.

2. Same as number one

3. Same as number two

Ergo, it is your knowledge base and study habits that needs a thorough revivification; after all, a person must be knowledgeable to an appreciable extent before he/she can recognize genius. cool
Ok, good thing you didn't quote me in that thread in your usual manner. But I'm sure I'm not the only one who thought your penmanship fell off a bit, neither am I the only one who voted against you. I made that comment because your battle with Jig is nothing compared with those of Lime, Liricyst and Obesemf, all of which I gave you the W.
You're free to insult me, though. Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by kr0ne(m): 4:25pm On May 31, 2016
JigsawKillah:

I get the drift... na poverty make am ugly grin grin grin
I never said he's poor, yeye boy. grin
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by ELYMAXiimus(m): 1:26pm On Jun 01, 2016
Let's have another brawl take place.

1 Like

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by ELYMAXiimus(m): 2:15pm On Jun 01, 2016
Reyginus:
Maybe it's a subconscious thing or I just noticed your writing style. Check your first and fourth bar in the every quatrain. It's not a bad thing. You need to consider the readers when writing too. Every word when used perfectly creates equal feeling in the mind of the reader with respect to the subject. That's lyricism.
You have said well. Be that as it may, I think you also encouraged such ignorant attitude portrayed by rebel in his write-ups: you hyped that coogar's style. I'm actually surprised this is coming from you.
Coogar used unnecessary vocab to delude members and you were part of those who extolled the practice.

If rebel were coogar, I'm sure you would have lauded his efforts regardless of the lickety coherence lacking in his bars as a result of his use of extortionate, rare words. tongue
(Only God knows how thecrook got you guys enchanted).

That said, only maladroit writers don't consider the varying intellect of their audience. Some might understand you, but the majority won't. Unless you're satisfied with satisfying very few of your readers, you should endeavor to carry everyone along.
Fine, you're endowed with a gargantuan amount of words. You should, notwithstanding, consider your readers ability to decipher your writing, and fast. This is easily achieved by using a general language (not simplistic).

The best writers are not those who use rare and sesquipedalian words. No. They are those who are able to relate best with their audience. People will pay you no attention if they feel you're being pompous, which is what verbose grammar, sometimes, insinuates to people.

I hope someone picks one or two things from this.

Shalom.

3 Likes

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Limerick: 2:33pm On Jun 01, 2016
kr0ne:

In essence, without cash, a man is not handsome. cheesy
baba no dey follow these children yarn
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Limerick: 3:01pm On Jun 01, 2016
I lost my phone, I wanted to Post my Cover of Panda here. But you guys can still wait for it tho.
Cc: Jreyez
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by ELYMAXiimus(m): 3:03pm On Jun 01, 2016
Limerick:
baba no dey follow these children yarn
I'm going to nominate you for Mr Nairaland 2016.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by dj5naira(m): 4:18pm On Jun 01, 2016
Ha!
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jun 01, 2016
ELYMAXiimus:
You have said well. Be that as it may, I think you also encouraged such ignorant attitude portrayed by rebel in his write-ups: you hyped that coogar's style. I'm actually surprised this is coming from you.
Coogar used unnecessary vocab to delude members and you were part of those who extolled the practice.

If rebel were coogar, I'm sure you would have lauded his efforts regardless of the lickety coherence lacking in his bars as a result of his use of extortionate, rare words. tongue

That said, only maladroit writers don't consider the varying intellect of their audience. Some might understand you, but the majority won't. Unless you're satisfied with satisfying very few of your readers, you should endeavor to carry everyone along.
Fine, you're endowed with a gargantuan amount of words. You should, notwithstanding, consider your readers ability to decipher your writing, and fast. This is easily achieved by using a general language (not simplistic).

The best writers are not those who use rare and sesquipedalian words. No. They are those who are able to relate best with their audience. People will pay you no attention if they feel you're being pompous, which is what verbose grammar, sometimes, insinuates to people.

Shalom.
Come on, Ely, the attempt wasn't to hype cougar's style but to point at something. Coogar uses words better. He's got big words but he doesn't pack them up to distort our mental views. Truth is, coogars bars are pleasing to the eye and brain. The same with Ema's. Something close to orgasm.

1 Like

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Limerick: 7:20pm On Jun 01, 2016
Reyginus:
Come on, Ely, the attempt wasn't to hype cougar's style but to point at something. Coogar uses words better. He's got big words but he doesn't pack them up to distort our mental views. Truth is, coogars bars are pleasing to the eye and brain. The same with Ema's. Something close to orgasm.
lol, leave all these wannabees o!
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jun 01, 2016
Limerick:
lol, leave all these wannabees o!
Lol. How's your face, Lim?
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by ELYMAXiimus(m): 9:37am On Jun 02, 2016
Reyginus:
True, rebel goes over the borders with his words. But coogar also does it. In fact, coogar cites references that the readers aren't familiar with.

What coogar uses to mask his clumsy lyrics is his flow. He makes sure the flow is unique, exotic and exhilarating. So, when readers read it, whether they understand or not, they feel he is making perfect sense because the words flow.

Coogar knew how to manipulate the readers. This is what rebel lacks. And this is why you aren't hyping him the way you hyped coogar.

1 Like

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jun 02, 2016
ELYMAXiimus:
True, rebel goes over the borders with his words. But coogar also does it. In fact, coogar cites references that the readers aren't familiar with.

What coogar uses to mask his clumsy lyrics is his flow. He makes sure the flow is unique, exotic and exhilarating. So, when readers read it, whether they understand or not, they feel he is making perfect sense because the words flow.

Coogar knew how to manipulate the readers. This is what rebel lacks. And this is why you aren't hyping him the way you hyped coogar.
Hype? Stop using the word hype. I stimulate people to give me a show through good methods. I don't call it hype. I also stimulate them after they lose or win to give me another good show through good methods.

The truth is, you are finding hard to accept that coogar is good. All these argument of manipulating readers doesn't hold water. His bars are good. Same as yours. Trying to show otherwise is not feasible.

That's not what rebel lacks. You see, if you had said rebel tries to manipulate the minds of readers by using complex words I may permit that. This is what it looks like and not necessarily the truth.

How exactly do you control the mind of readers by flow and be top dog when almost everyone here has good flow? The thing is, coogar knows how to communicate an idea.

He can pass a simple line and you'd wow for long. Guykhena too does that. Cougar's references are popular for an enlightened mind. It's like Ibime's. You need all round knowledge to get it.

Rebel is more crooked with his. He can make a punchline out of a conversation in the fifth season of an unpopular movie. You not only need all round book knowledge to this but also Hollywood.

3 Likes

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by ELYMAXiimus(m): 3:25pm On Jun 02, 2016
Reyginus:
Hype? Stop using the word hype. I stimulate people to give me a show through good methods. I don't call it hype. I also stimulate them after they lose or win to give me another good show through good methods.

The truth is, you are finding hard to accept that coogar is good. All these argument of manipulating readers doesn't hold water. His bars are good. Same as yours. Trying to show otherwise is not feasible.

That's not what rebel lacks. You see, if you had said rebel tries to manipulate the minds of readers by using complex words I may permit that. This is what it looks like and not necessarily the truth.

How exactly do you control the mind of readers by flow and be top dog when almost everyone here has good flow? The thing is, coogar knows how to communicate an idea.

He can pass a simple line and you'd wow for long. Guykhena too does that. Cougar's references are popular for an enlightened mind. It's like Ibime's. You need all round knowledge to get it.
I never said coogar isn't 'good.' Of course, he is good at persuading his audience. My analysis so far has been that, if you use words/ideas that people aren't familiar with you aren't a good writer (especially in this game). He might have some seemingly wowing lines, however, most of his lines are mediocre. His delivery is what masks the mediocrity. For example,

" the coog is back with fury like the hutu rampage/ serving more illness to these tools than a voodoo pancake/ my cuckoo fan base chatting to me in dialect, so I google translate/ they want you sod0mised with stick like the zulu @ss r@pe/

With emphases on the hutu rampage & zulu @ss rape, how many people could ( and can even now) relate with these lines?

I remember how these lines were hawked all over NL and FB then. Fact is, almost none really knew if the references he made were valid. But guess what? The flow was sweet and exotic, hence they hyped it all over.

Most of you are guilty of these. I will not write an encomium for bars I can't relate with, no matter how d0pe they might be. Call it ignorance, but sorry, If I want knowledge I know where to look. We read bars to get entertained, not to learn.
This is why I like calicoe's slogan: " you're a d0pe rapper, I won't tell you to give it up. But if you ain't saying sh1t they (i.e the audience) can relate to, they don't give a f*ck!"

P.S, this doesn't mean he's wack. He is, however, overhyped like dizaster in URL.

Rebel is more crooked with his. He can make a punchline out of a conversation in the fifth season of an unpopular movie. You not only need all round book knowledge to this but also Hollywood.
gringringrin These guys forget that not everyone is a movie fanatic. I didn't even know that "fifty shades of grey" is a film until recently when I was reading an article. Rebel referenced it in that cipher of theirs.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jun 02, 2016
Elymaximus

He deserves the credit and Siddog was totally outclassed in that battle. One's pedigree also adds spice to his butthurt. Siddog terrorised some of these boys who spread these quotes. Their was still hype though.

It's like what happens when Barcelona lose the Champions League Final. The fact they are Barcelona makes even the simplest of dribbles by the opposing team to become something magical.

Rap educates too. Any serious Nigerian who's read about the Biafran War must have come along the Hutu and Tutsis civil war. You don't have to completely dumb down to soil yourself. Unformed minds should try catch up and not vise versa.

The sweetness of that bar would even force-educate you. That's where communication comes into play. There's how sweet your words sound that even a New Born would be forced to grasp it whole. Coogar knows that art.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Emaprince: 11:11am On Jun 03, 2016
I agree 100% with reyginus.

I so much love bars that educates the audience. Even if coog's bars are mediocre, like Max opined, he has a way of making it appealing to the readers. The flows, structure, good grammer etc. Ibime have been of the opinion that a weak punch can become laudable if the build up is brilliant and he wasn't far from the truth. Same is applicable here.

Knowing how to pass it to the audience is key! Call it manipulation or whatever.. To me, that's being intelligent.

The bars max posted up there is the best in that verse. It has attributes that had it notching up 100/100 - nice structure, brilliant build up, amazing imagery, subtle but mesmeric humour. Infact, a nigga with the faintest sense of humour should decipher that. I'm talking about the last part in particular..

" my cuckoo fan base chatting to me in dialect, so I google translate/ they want you sod0mised with stick like the zulu @ss r@pe/"

This is hilarious. You don't get to seee this kinda bars all the time. Only rappers with wild imaginations can come up with that.

When I talk about wild imaginations.. I mean like...

" With cannons that shoot/ at a range so long that if we do a 21barrel salute/
Atleast, 10 bullets would land on the moon/"~~ by Ibime

That coogar's bar reminds me of the bars below.. Which is my favourite in that battle... Though I didn't understand the equation initially untill he explained to me.

" You should quit the burger....before you get your mind damaged/I should teach you why the Coog is a fine package/ **√(-1) 8 π** .....I'd rather have a lime sandwich/Since you are a math pundit, I figured we could talk in sine language/
"

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by ELYMAXiimus(m): 2:15pm On Jun 03, 2016
Reyginus:
Elymaximus

He deserves the credit and Siddog was totally outclassed in that battle. One's pedigree also adds spice to his butthurt. Siddog terrorised some of these boys who spread these quotes. Their was still hype though.

It's like what happens when Barcelona lose the Champions League Final. The fact they are Barcelona makes even the simplest of dribbles by the opposing team to become something magical.

Rap educates too. Any serious Nigerian who's read about the Biafran War must have come along the Hutu and Tutsis civil war. You don't have to completely dumb down to soil yourself. Unformed minds should try catch up and not vise versa.

The sweetness of that bar would even force-educate you. That's where communication comes into play. There's how sweet your words sound that even a New Born would be forced to grasp it whole. Coogar knows that art.
Okay sir.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by ELYMAXiimus(m): 2:19pm On Jun 03, 2016
Darkenedrebel, how about hosting a cipher?

1 Like

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by ridwanayo(m): 11:39pm On Jun 06, 2016
Yo fellow emcees nd femcees,whi is up for a battle 16bars minimum
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by okayw(m): 3:07am On Jun 08, 2016
am back
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by liricyst(m): 7:45am On Jun 08, 2016
ELYMAXiimus:

Shalom.

Not entirely wrong. However, people have different targets and different methods when it comes to how they like to write. I for one, i write how it comes naturally to me. I can't take on someone else's style because i want to connect with the audience. Each writer must decide for himself what he wants. I decided. I write for myself and if anyone can relate to what i write, then i write for them too. That's it. I leave with one of my favorite quotes(Don't know who said this):

"Its better to write for self and have no audience....than to write for an audience and have no self"

3 Likes

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by ELYMAXiimus(m): 6:37pm On Jun 11, 2016
liricyst:

Not entirely wrong. However, people have different targets and different methods when it comes to how they like to write. I for one, i write how it comes naturally to me. I can't take on someone else's style because i want to connect with the audience. Each writer must decide for himself what he wants. I decided. I write for myself and if anyone can relate to what i write, then i write for them too. That's it. I leave with one of my favorite quotes(Don't know who said this):

"Its better to write for self and have no audience....than to write for an audience and have no self"
Then, you're a selfish writer. It isn't better to write for yourself without considering the general audience. Where did you see such a laughable quote?

True, when you write, you're your first audience. However, this doesn't mean you shouldn't consider your subsequent audience.

If you're writing for yourself alone, then, the write-ups are probably meant for your personal diary. What you're saying is just like saying it is better for a circus performer to perform for himself, the way he pleases -- even when the audience are dozing off.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by ELYMAXiimus(m): 6:48pm On Jun 11, 2016
Why do you think olamide and co started singing?

I'm not saying you shouldn't please yourself when you write. But your audience should be put into consideration first before you.

If you're offering a service to clients, you can't just do it anyhow you please. You have to do it the way your clients want it in order to keep selling.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1070) (1071) (1072) (1073) (1074) (1075) (1076) ... (1118) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.