Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,063 members, 7,810,958 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:31 PM

UNIBEN Denounces Prof's HIV/AIDS Cure Claim - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / UNIBEN Denounces Prof's HIV/AIDS Cure Claim (20407 Views)

Maduike Ezeibe Claims He Cures HIV/AIDS / UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery / Hiv/aids Cure - How The West Deceives Nigeria – Jacob Abdulahi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNIBEN Denounces Prof's HIV/AIDS Cure Claim by tomiedatlo: 6:29pm On Jan 10, 2013
mumumugu: Nigerians are in a rush. May be he just tested the mixtture on a rabit and it workd . Then he grabed the mic and made anouncement. He should have followd due proces
Rabit...LoLz
Re: UNIBEN Denounces Prof's HIV/AIDS Cure Claim by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jan 10, 2013
ghettodreamz:

If you can't look beyond that thing called standard procedures or ethics, then you won't see anything called envy in it. Look outside the box my man, it's all over Nigeria and it causes a great setback for us and undermine progress of present and future developments.

Maybe you're right, just maybe, but the thing is- You're not sure it's envy, are you? Make your statement by the fact on ground. Play by the rules; that's the message
Re: UNIBEN Denounces Prof's HIV/AIDS Cure Claim by monex(m): 10:58pm On Jan 10, 2013
austushi1:

What if he does it alone? Is it their brain he used to get d findings? Its envy! Let's say it d way it is. Black man no dey like make him fellow black man rise above am! They are probably envious of him dat the U.S government might take him abroad n expand his levels, n then make him popular. U kw hw it is now; how dis common prof wey we sit 2geda discuss say make dem give am prof go come popular worldwide n we go come remain here. Its d black man reasoning! Black man with black sense! They just want to discredit dat mans effort! That's y d whites will ever be better than us. Its so annoying! Ok, y didn't they get 1 HIV patient, pass d vaccine into his/her systen, then see if it works or not! F..king procedure! Procedure my foot! Prof, bone dem make u continue with ya life ojare!

i am yet to understand the sense in your post.

also the bolded is the type of reasoning that make the whites seemingly (in your opinion) better than us.
Re: UNIBEN Denounces Prof's HIV/AIDS Cure Claim by sureway1(m): 3:51am On Jan 11, 2013
Hmmm a research on HIV/AIDS..and the institution will not be aware..
l don't believe that.
Re: UNIBEN Denounces Prof's HIV/AIDS Cure Claim by RuuDie(m): 6:56am On Jan 11, 2013
ypzilanti: Our educational institutions are producing semi illiterates. I am not abusing anyone, oh. But if you are not aware of the process of publication, peer review, and clinical trials (in case of medicine), then you are a half baked graduate.

An academic does not announce his research at a press conference or in the village square like a herbalist. If a private individual does so, that is his prerogative. As an academic, you are supposed to detail your research and send it for publishing and peer review in a reputable journal. That is how all the Nobel prize laureates do it. As a professor, the man knows very well what he is supposed to do. He is just seeking cheap publicity, or seeking to cut corners. It is him that is trying to use the so-called 'African Mentality' which i prefer to call 'Stupid Village Mentality', as certainly some Africans like me like to follow the rules.

Please, with all due respect. . . .Where is it stated categorically that this you've outlined here is the standard due process for making public, findings of a research!?
Re: UNIBEN Denounces Prof's HIV/AIDS Cure Claim by Nobody: 11:46am On Jan 11, 2013
NAFDAC DG Dr. Paul Orhii Invites UNIBEN Don Prof. Ibeh To Prove AIDS Cure
Re: UNIBEN Denounces Prof's HIV/AIDS Cure Claim by Marissaluthimos: 12:02pm On Jan 11, 2013
acidosis™:

nope! greed! and its obvious (If you know what I mean)

How can a Prof carry out a research without a verifiable Clinical trial..? He wants to do it alone, and then get the credits alone.
Maybe or maybe not.what i think is that he want to be careful before he can tel anybody, u know some people will want to take his idea that is why he did not verifiable a clinical trial.
Re: UNIBEN Denounces Prof's HIV/AIDS Cure Claim by Marissaluthimos: 12:03pm On Jan 11, 2013
austushi1: NAFDAC DG Dr. Paul Orhii Invites UNIBEN Don Prof. Ibeh To Prove AIDS Cure
if it work the people will be happy
Re: UNIBEN Denounces Prof's HIV/AIDS Cure Claim by Nobody: 12:26am On Jan 15, 2013
MAYOWAAK: Some 12 years ago the Vanguard broke the news of Dr Abalaka’s cure for HIV/AIDS. Immediately the Nigerian intelligentsia and educated elite, a band of cynics, claimed it was no cure; Abalaka, they insisted, was a babalawo, not an educated man – his name suggested it. Quickly, Abalaka was on the TV showing his University of Jos MBBS certificate. They argued, that Abalaka was a doctor didn’t mean he should also involve in medical research; there was a rule to this thing. Again, Abalaka brought another certificate of his PG trainings in one-thing-one-thing. They insisted Abalaka must show prove of whom he had cured. A Nigerian colonel said it was true – 400 of his men back from ECOMOG in Liberia have been cured.

Then the Minister of Health, a man named Tim Menekaya, who was in his sixties but carried the face of a man in his nineties, got real angry. He said the colonel had no right to speak on such matters – and the military hierarchy agreed their colonel spoke out of order. Menekaya advised Abalaka to stop going to the press; convention demands that he, Abalaka, publish his findings first in a medical journal. Doesn’t Abalaka know that educated people don’t announce inventions on the pages of newspaper, he asked. The Nigerian journalists, now behind Abalaka, countered that even the discoverers of the virus, Robert Gallo and Montaigne, also went first to the press.

Abalaka , thoroughly satisfied with this support, gathered the journalists to his Abuja office and, in their presence, vaccinated himself (ingested HIV into his blood). People danced on the streets of Abuja. One journalist said he was leaving for Europe to personally nominate Abalaka for the Nobel.

Then tragedy happened; Abalaka’s wife died. Every Nigerian, including those who have promised to nominate him, ran away. They said the poor woman died of the HIV the husband had ingested. Abalaka struggled to convince Nigerians that his wife died of liver problem. Nigerians said, a man who can cure AIDS should be able to handle ordinary liver damage. Abalaka was no longer a hero but an insane man who self-infected himself with the deadly virus.

Abalaka, an ambitious man, fought not to go down. He would show Nigerians that he was a great man. He went and collected PDP governorship primaries form and, in his first public outing, promised his people of Kogi State and the neighbouring Benue that he would build a hospital at the boundary and cure their AIDS freely. (Benue State is to Nigeria what South Africa is to Africa with regards to AIDS prevalence).

Before Abalaka could submit his form, three men from NAFDAC (the government agency regulating canned food, bottled drinks, biscuits and pharmaceutical products) arrived his Okene village from Lagos and requested he joined them to Lagos. Abalaka felt God has heard his prayers; PDP was going to provide money through NAFDAC to help him win the election.

At Lagos things took a strange dimension. They took off Abalaka’s belt and tie – so that he would not hurt himself. Then when Abalaka realised what was happening, they took his phone; he couldn’t reach Femi Falana, Bamidele Aturu or Festus Keyamo or even his family. The NAFDAC people accused him of defaulting to pay patent fees of [N3000] for his findings!

Abalaka requested they should take him to his bank and he would pay, even though it was no criminal offence requiring arrest. They told Abalaka that they were making their investigations. The investigation took quite long, ran into days. By the time Abalaka was found not guilty and released, the PDP governorship primary was over.

I was in Abuja when Abalaka appeared on the TV. He had become thin and his voice was no longer that of a discoverer but of a man just evicted from 1009. The host asked if he would take PDP to the tribunal. Abalaka replied, he had left it in the hands of God. The host asked if he would sue NAFDAC for illegal detention. Abalaka replied, he had left the matter in the hands of God. The host asked if he was going to research another sickness, say, sickle cell anaemia. Abalaka said, he had left E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G in the hands of God

Lawd have marcy.
Re: UNIBEN Denounces Prof's HIV/AIDS Cure Claim by vizboy(m): 10:00am On Jan 16, 2013
MAYOWAAK: Some 12 years ago the Vanguard broke the news of Dr Abalaka’s cure for HIV/AIDS. Immediately the Nigerian intelligentsia and educated elite, a band of cynics, claimed it was no cure; Abalaka, they insisted, was a babalawo, not an educated man – his name suggested it. Quickly, Abalaka was on the TV showing his University of Jos MBBS certificate. They argued, that Abalaka was a doctor didn’t mean he should also involve in medical research; there was a rule to this thing. Again, Abalaka brought another certificate of his PG trainings in one-thing-one-thing. They insisted Abalaka must show prove of whom he had cured. A Nigerian colonel said it was true – 400 of his men back from ECOMOG in Liberia have been cured.

Then the Minister of Health, a man named Tim Menekaya, who was in his sixties but carried the face of a man in his nineties, got real angry. He said the colonel had no right to speak on such matters – and the military hierarchy agreed their colonel spoke out of order. Menekaya advised Abalaka to stop going to the press; convention demands that he, Abalaka, publish his findings first in a medical journal. Doesn’t Abalaka know that educated people don’t announce inventions on the pages of newspaper, he asked. The Nigerian journalists, now behind Abalaka, countered that even the discoverers of the virus, Robert Gallo and Montaigne, also went first to the press.

Abalaka , thoroughly satisfied with this support, gathered the journalists to his Abuja office and, in their presence, vaccinated himself (ingested HIV into his blood). People danced on the streets of Abuja. One journalist said he was leaving for Europe to personally nominate Abalaka for the Nobel.

Then tragedy happened; Abalaka’s wife died. Every Nigerian, including those who have promised to nominate him, ran away. They said the poor woman died of the HIV the husband had ingested. Abalaka struggled to convince Nigerians that his wife died of liver problem. Nigerians said, a man who can cure AIDS should be able to handle ordinary liver damage. Abalaka was no longer a hero but an insane man who self-infected himself with the deadly virus.

Abalaka, an ambitious man, fought not to go down. He would show Nigerians that he was a great man. He went and collected PDP governorship primaries form and, in his first public outing, promised his people of Kogi State and the neighbouring Benue that he would build a hospital at the boundary and cure their AIDS freely. (Benue State is to Nigeria what South Africa is to Africa with regards to AIDS prevalence).

Before Abalaka could submit his form, three men from NAFDAC (the government agency regulating canned food, bottled drinks, biscuits and pharmaceutical products) arrived his Okene village from Lagos and requested he joined them to Lagos. Abalaka felt God has heard his prayers; PDP was going to provide money through NAFDAC to help him win the election.

At Lagos things took a strange dimension. They took off Abalaka’s belt and tie – so that he would not hurt himself. Then when Abalaka realised what was happening, they took his phone; he couldn’t reach Femi Falana, Bamidele Aturu or Festus Keyamo or even his family. The NAFDAC people accused him of defaulting to pay patent fees of [N3000] for his findings!

Abalaka requested they should take him to his bank and he would pay, even though it was no criminal offence requiring arrest. They told Abalaka that they were making their investigations. The investigation took quite long, ran into days. By the time Abalaka was found not guilty and released, the PDP governorship primary was over.

I was in Abuja when Abalaka appeared on the TV. He had become thin and his voice was no longer that of a discoverer but of a man just evicted from 1009. The host asked if he would take PDP to the tribunal. Abalaka replied, he had left it in the hands of God. The host asked if he would sue NAFDAC for illegal detention. Abalaka replied, he had left the matter in the hands of God. The host asked if he was going to research another sickness, say, sickle cell anaemia. Abalaka said, he had left E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G in the hands of God
naija politics has affected every section of the country
Re: UNIBEN Denounces Prof's HIV/AIDS Cure Claim by joeokri: 7:56pm On Jan 16, 2013
Dey should not threaten him because of envy rather the sch should try to encourage him and assist him acheive success, for our country at least to be known for discovering what the white could not discover.
Re: UNIBEN Denounces Prof's HIV/AIDS Cure Claim by PassionD(f): 4:45am On Jun 28, 2013
This-is-really-funny.-So-because-prof-Ibeh-works-with-d-institution,he-has-got-no-right-2-carry-out-researches-on-his-own.-What's-dis-nonsense-abt-not-carrying-dem-along,-protecting-d-image-of-d-institution-and-all-that?
For-heaven's-sake-that-man-is-learned,-a-toxicologist-who-knows-what-he-can-do.-They-r-all-free-2-carry-out-their-own-researches.-UNIBEN-is-so-bleeping-tribalistic-and-d-fact-that-IBEH-is-an-Igbo-man-automatically-disqualifies-him.-Instead-of-encouraging-him,-dey-r-there-talking-sh*t.-Africans!!!!!!!!!
Eisten-and-d-rest-carried-out-their-research-and-world-accepted-dem.
He-should-not-just-give-up,that's-all-I-can-say.
Re: UNIBEN Denounces Prof's HIV/AIDS Cure Claim by ghest: 5:07am On Sep 24, 2013
my name is Belinda, i want to give almighty praise to Dr OJE who help me to cure my HIV/AID, please help me to give thanks to him he is a great man who God send from heaven to save people's life, this man also save the life of my friend who have HIV/AID, please thank this man for me, also if you have any type of problem you can also contact him to help you out on it, he is a wonderful man, his email is temple.of.solution.center@gmail.com contact him now for him to help you too, you can also reach him on phone if you are in his country Nigeria: 08164124752

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Prize Of “Delivering Like The Hebrew Women”- Nigerian Health Blog / COVID-19: Enugu Govt Closes All Borders, Markets / 90-Year-Old Man In Jos Burnt To Death By Charcoal Fire (graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.