Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

How Necessary Are Big Weddings? - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / How Necessary Are Big Weddings? (13538 Views)

100 Million Budget: How The Very Rich Stage Fabulous Weddings / 12 Most Expensive Weddings In History / Exotic Bead Designs For Traditional Weddings & All Occassions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Necessary Are Big Weddings? by TOYOSI20(f): 8:36pm On Feb 26, 2008
vuoke:

why waste your money on a 5hr event? what people don't know is that small can be classy and very chic. imagine some people will come and eat your food without even bringing you at least a set of cutlery as gift. i believe in simplicity and elegance. i don't want my wedding to be loud but it should be very elegant.

"Big", to me signifies, sophistication, glamour in every sense of the word, and memorable.[color=#770077][/color]

That is what weddings are in my family, and when it comes my turn, I will not be any different.
Re: How Necessary Are Big Weddings? by TOYOSI20(f): 8:38pm On Feb 26, 2008
LadyT:

I don't know any Nigerian weddings that are that quick[b] more like 12hours[/b]. I am not looking forward to my wedding My dad is a right show off and will make as much noise as possible which is a nightmare for me I hate to be the centre of attention. Plus all the changes of clothes will drive me insane.
The important thing is that bride and groom must enjoy the day!

@Lady T

U are my kind of gurl jare. kiss kiss
Re: How Necessary Are Big Weddings? by LadyT(f): 8:49pm On Feb 26, 2008
I think the longest I went to, was my aunts for 16 hours, started at 2pm in the church and the reception ended 6am. We were all in church for 11am tho to give thanks to God, LOL
Re: How Necessary Are Big Weddings? by TOYOSI20(f): 9:02pm On Feb 26, 2008
Hen hennnn, 16 good, hours, Una try ooh.

My feet would have been hurting like hell, (in heels).
Re: How Necessary Are Big Weddings? by LadyT(f): 9:04pm On Feb 26, 2008
My baby toes were numb it was awful,
Re: How Necessary Are Big Weddings? by TOYOSI20(f): 9:20pm On Feb 26, 2008
Tell me about it, eyaa, pelee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Re: How Necessary Are Big Weddings? by geegee(f): 10:29pm On Feb 26, 2008
i think the woman should have the say on how she wonts her wedding to be,it is suppose to be once in a life time and a memorable one too.i wanted a quiet wedding my husband wanted to the whole world present and i made him understand why i dint want a loud wedding,for me it it a ceremony where close friends and relative should witness you taking your vows and that is most important. i dont want to go through pictures asking who is that?i dont think it is wise to have a wedding not know who half of your guest are?, im glad i had the wedding i wanted not more than 40 people from both sides and i knew everyone present,food and drinks where more than enough and everyone was happy.
Re: How Necessary Are Big Weddings? by Bawss1(m): 10:32pm On Feb 26, 2008
Its high time the Senate moves a bill to outlaw extravagant weddings! grin grin grin

The thought of a talk-of-the-town weddings scares me royally
Re: How Necessary Are Big Weddings? by banni: 11:26pm On Feb 26, 2008
Bawss1:

Its high time the Senate moves a bill to outlaw extravagant weddings! grin grin grin

The thought of a talk-of-the-town weddings scares me royally

In short ,senate make you hear your people !
Re: How Necessary Are Big Weddings? by 4Play(m): 11:32pm On Feb 26, 2008
Bawss1:

This will prompt an uprising from women that will make the Aba women's riot look like child's play
Re: How Necessary Are Big Weddings? by Bossman(m): 11:55pm On Feb 26, 2008
A BIG or small wedding does not necessarily mean the wedding will last. Whoever wants to have one and can afford it should surely do so. What matters is the love that the parties involved have for each other. Heck! BIG wedding today, divorce tommorrow, what's the point. I have seen people have BIG weddings and divorce before they finish paying off the debt from the wedding.
Re: How Necessary Are Big Weddings? by banni: 1:20am On Feb 27, 2008
banni:

banni:

4 Play:

This will prompt an uprising from women that will make the Aba women's riot look like child's play

Make police hold them oooo
Re: How Necessary Are Big Weddings? by Nobody: 1:23am On Feb 27, 2008
Na, cut ur cloth according to ur taste.
I want a very elaborate wedding. grin
Even if it means getting a bank loan.
U know how much a classy tux cost? tongue
Re: How Necessary Are Big Weddings? by banni: 1:26am On Feb 27, 2008
fntekim:

Na, cut your cloth according to your taste.
I want a very elaborate wedding. grin
Even if it means getting a bank loan.
You know how much a classy tux cost? tongue
A classy tux is about 40,000 to 250,000
Re: How Necessary Are Big Weddings? by Nobody: 1:33am On Feb 27, 2008
U see am?
If ur grooms men be 8, then u add urself and ur bestman,
no be 10 be that? Multiply by 250 gees, thats 2.5 million only.
Re: How Necessary Are Big Weddings? by Nobody: 1:35am On Feb 27, 2008
U need at least 10 million to host a decent wedding.
Take it or leave it.
Re: How Necessary Are Big Weddings? by Agbejonku(m): 7:01am On Feb 27, 2008
As an event planner, i have had the opportunity to listen to different people's opinion on how necessary are big weddings or big a wedding should be. What i have been made to understand by a lot of people is that precedence is very important, how big the last wedding done in the family is determines how big the wedding being planned will be. Unless on some cases when the parties involved, i mean the groom and bride vehemently stands their ground that they wanted something otherwise.

I strongly believe that the budget of the two parties involved i.e the groom anjavascript:void(0);
Winkd bride is what is paramount, because a wedding organized big might be a disaster in the long run if at the end of the wedding a financial hardship occurs soon after the completion or as a result of the big wedding.

So my advise always is for the two parties to cut their coat according to their cloth and remember life after the big wedding.

ta-n-to-olorun, NOBODY wink
Re: How Necessary Are Big Weddings? by seguno2: 7:59am On Feb 27, 2008
A wedding is about four people - bride & groom as well as the two witnesses, one for each of them at the registry, mosque or church for the licence that certifies it.
Anything else na jara.
As goes with all jara, it is at the discretion of the dispenser. Anyone who allows peer pressure to put him/her in undue stress cannot and should not blame anyone else.
BTW, most of the parents who insist on big weddings usually had small weddings some 20 - 30 years earlier. Sometimes I wonder if they are trying to make up for the deprivation they felt at the time or it's a way of winding down their wealth before they go six feet under.
Moreover, this big wedding matter is another manifestation of our money driven value society: Get rich (no matter how), & flaunt it or die trying. It also means families spending less quality time with themselves as they hop from one wedding to another almost evry weekend.
Personally, I prefer a small[b]er[/b] wedding so that I have enough money to start my married life with a well-deserved honeymoon before getting into the hassles of actually living together with my spouse.
Re: How Necessary Are Big Weddings? by frankiriri(m): 8:06am On Feb 27, 2008
I want a small wedding oh, but if the babe insists on an elaborate one (outside my budget , she go foot the bill and I go simply donate my body ) grin grin
Re: How Necessary Are Big Weddings? by seguno2: 8:09am On Feb 27, 2008
That is the spirit. wink
Person wey wan put jara on the essentials should be ready to foot the bill.
Re: How Necessary Are Big Weddings? by Nobody: 8:30am On Feb 27, 2008
I want the smallest wedding possible. Just a Court registration and Church Blessing, I prefer to invest that money in our future, maybe get a house. It just doesnt mak sense to me to spend so much on one day.
Re: How Necessary Are Big Weddings? by RichyBlacK(m): 8:37am On Feb 27, 2008
aisha2:

I want the smallest wedding possible. Just a Court registration and Church Blessing, I prefer to invest that money in our future, maybe get a house. It just doesnt mak sense to me to spend so much on one day.

@aisha2, I used to think you were a Mu.slim.
Re: How Necessary Are Big Weddings? by doyin13(m): 8:55am On Feb 27, 2008
aisha2:

all that one na small thing. . .just marry me and your wishes shall be granted.
Re: How Necessary Are Big Weddings? by ndubest(m): 9:09am On Feb 27, 2008
He who pays the piper dictates the tune smiley smiley smiley

I want a small wedding

If she thinks otherwise, then she or her dad will make up the budget smiley smiley smiley

Nobody will push me into loan or high blood pressure so as to impress the society grin grin grin
Re: How Necessary Are Big Weddings? by lexzybee: 9:23am On Feb 27, 2008
@poster

i believe threre should be agreeement between the two parties so they reach a balance,Its bad to have a big wedding and the couple now drinks GARRI afterwards,likewise a wedding should not be to poor when the money is there to spend .

@jkpretty

hi jk,kind of confusd,i knw somebody bearing that name ,is this the same person (JOKE ),pls holla back @ lexyallan@yahoo.com
Re: How Necessary Are Big Weddings? by Ekwere(m): 9:30am On Feb 27, 2008
I am really sorry for our people,what is the need of these financial planning people do always clamour for? Wedding is not the crowd or the type of gowns or Suites you are wearing,it is calling God into the wedding(marriage).
I wonder when people will come to their senses and cut their expenses,why spending so much money on something that will last for 2 -6 hrs and then what? Debt through out,quarells all through because of inability to provide for the family.
The problem I think mostly comes from the women folk,no my sisters did that,my friends oooooooooo,my family won't that oooooo and all the blas blas.
If 20-40 people are invited to your wedding,won't it be alright or are we organising a jamboree in the name of wedding.
WE TOO DEY SPEND ABEG
Re: How Necessary Are Big Weddings? by papagiddy(m): 9:34am On Feb 27, 2008
too nice
Re: How Necessary Are Big Weddings? by pastorking(m): 9:36am On Feb 27, 2008
Mine is more of experience than mere say.
There have been a lot of preasure from my fiancee's family to influence my decisions concerning my up-coming wedding. But I have refused to be influenced in anyway. I am in total control of my wedding plans. I however get inputs from whosoever, but I am in-charge. How much one wants to spend should be the exclusive decision of the groom. And try as much as you can to stick to it and then carry your bride along.

Click here to view my wedding site www.ewedding.com/sites/queen
Re: How Necessary Are Big Weddings? by Nobody: 9:37am On Feb 27, 2008
@ Topic

To me it's totally totally unnecessary!!. . . i don't like it one bit!but. . .he likes it,which if u ask me,is quite unmanly angry ,plus the mums are nuts about it. . . while every other person keep poking dia noses where it is not wanted  angry that's how evil gain easy access to one's life sometimes.But am covered in d blood of JESUS.

jus imagine if it doesn't work out after all that wahalla eh?. . bet the look on the mums faces will take away any heartbreak i wud feel  grin

TOTALLY TOTALLY UNNECESSARY I TELL YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: How Necessary Are Big Weddings? by tictac(m): 10:07am On Feb 27, 2008
Here goes my 2 pence, the wedding does not make the marriage!
It's high time people get their prorities right.
What's the point of "clearing out" the bank accounts (and some even take out a loan) and face financial hardship afterwards, when all the guests have even forgotten about the wedding, not very clever shocked
This alone can create the first crack in the marriage.
Re: How Necessary Are Big Weddings? by ckz: 10:18am On Feb 27, 2008
It is not a necesity ba if you have the money then it is fine ba if you dont and you want to impress your friends or somethin and you use all your money and after the wedding you dont have no money then you are a fool
Re: How Necessary Are Big Weddings? by uchkochi(m): 10:31am On Feb 27, 2008
BIG WEDDINGS IS GOOD BUT BIG WEDDING DOES NOT GUARANTEE BIG FULFILLING MARRIAGE.WEDDING IS JUST A DAYS CEREMONY,MARRIAGE IS FOR LIFE,THE FOCEUS OF EVERYBODY SHOULD BE HOW TO MAKE YOUR MARRIAGE DESTINY BIG AND FULFILLING.I HAVE SEEN SO CALLED STATE WEDDING THAT ENDED UP IN A STATE DIVORCE.MARRIAGE IS MORE IMPORTANT.ITS BETTER FOR PPLE TO FOCUS ON MARRIAGE MOR THAN THE WEDDING THEY SHOULD SET LONG TERM AND SHORT TERM GOALS FOR THEIR CHILDREN NOT SPENDING ALL THE MONEY IN WEDDING CEREMONY.
I WILL NOT ADVICE BORROWING TO CELEBRATE A WEDDING IT IS THE HEIGHT OF FOOLISHNESS.I HAVE SEEN A COUPLE THAT GOT MARRIED THE MAN DID NOT EVEN HAVE A HOUSE AND THEY STAYED IN A CHEAP HOTEL FOR A WHILE AND GOD BLESSED THEM
MY NAME IS UCHE OKOCHI,+2348052773865,uchkochi@yahoo.com.OMEGA WORLD NETWORK

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Classic And Elegant Wedding Decoration. / Party Small Chops,barbecue,continental Drinks,asun,chinese / Mass Burial For Benin-ore Expressway Auto Crash Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.