Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,037 members, 7,838,591 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

Do You Know Your HIV Status? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Do You Know Your HIV Status? (11609 Views)

She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs / Today Is World AIDS Day: Do You Know Your HIV Status? / How Often Do You Take Your Hiv Test? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by hotchamalah(m): 4:45pm On Jan 14, 2013
Godmother: Its not easy submitting urself for this text oh. The last time I did I almost died of apprehension. The fact that one can get this desease inmany ways will always put doubts in ur mind. Anways, I'm due again to check but I'm not looking forward to it
last week
Re: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by searay(m): 4:46pm On Jan 14, 2013
How I wish Seun can arrange for software that can test all Nairalanders at a mere touching of their keypad/keyboard,and the result display here on NL.
***running 4/40 out******
Re: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by ismhab(m): 4:48pm On Jan 14, 2013
Where is that edo Doctor? Let him come and cure all these H.I.V/AIDS Patient in nairaland, majority of them are +tive.
Re: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by Melahou(m): 4:52pm On Jan 14, 2013
my girl friend did her own last week.
ur guess is as good as mine
Re: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by galaxi(m): 4:56pm On Jan 14, 2013
PDPwayoo: Its really sad when condom breaks with the wrong person or when a desperate girl forcefully sit on standing dick cos of the strong romantic feelings, b4 u know it, u already taking risk.

MAY GOD HAVE MERCY AND DELIVER HIS CHILDREN...ANY GIRL WEN CARRY HIV OR GONO NOR GO LIKE US ...AMEN.
you are on point! AMEN.
Re: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by ghettodreamz(m): 4:59pm On Jan 14, 2013
OmolodMilkman93: I dnt knw, I am nt yet interested in it cos I am too yung to hve HIV

It's 6 O'Clock! Aburo... Wake Up from ignorland....

That pandemic and deadly disease no sabi colour, race, gender, age nor religion oooo.

Go know your status today before its too late...
Re: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by ghettodreamz(m): 5:03pm On Jan 14, 2013
PDPwayoo: not a small thing oooo. Im very scared to test but my partner test every there months....
Sometimes, i have unprotected s3x which is very regrettable immediately i finish the fun. im scared since i came back from Africa recently cos i did it without protection repeatedly with my gf and several girls when condom break and i decide to finish it with the risk.

You risked your life and that of others for 5 minutes fun/pleasure.... My brother, ignorance is no defence oooooooo. Go
Get Yourself Tested!
Re: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by seedord247(m): 5:03pm On Jan 14, 2013
searay: How I wish there is a Seun can arrange for software that can test all Nairalanders at a mere touching of their keypad/keyboard, and shows the result here on NL.

That's why they keep banning you, bcus of ya HIV status.. grin
Re: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by Teeboy15(m): 5:05pm On Jan 14, 2013
Afam4eva: Last time i checked i was negative. But i nearly burst open the head of the doctor because i never asked them to conduct a HIV test on me. Neither did i pay for it.

Here's how it ensued:

Doctor: We have to conduct a Malaria and Typhoid test to ascertain if you have any in your body

Me: Ok

He writes some gibberish on a paper and asks me to take it to the lab.

I went to the lab and my blood was taken and when the result was taken, i was asked to take it to the doctor to interpret it for me.

Doctor: From the test results, you have Typhoid and malaria.

Me: Ok Doctor.

Doctor: And for the HIV test...

Me: HIV wetin? I didn't pay for that.

Doctor: We offer HIV tests free to all patients.

Me: What sort of rubbish is that. How can you conduct a test i did not ask for. This is an invasion of privacy bla bla bla.

Doctor: **In my mind i had already broken his head with bottle before he said**- The result is negative

Me: Ohh ok
I doubt dis ur story jor
Re: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by ghettodreamz(m): 5:05pm On Jan 14, 2013
searay: How I wish there is a Seun can arrange for software that can test all Nairalanders at a mere touching of their keypad/keyboard, and shows the result here on NL.

And if you know their positive status, Nko? How would that add values to your life? Or you wan start to de stigmatize them? Ish
Re: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by stagger: 5:16pm On Jan 14, 2013
PDPwayoo: not a small thing oooo. Im very scared to test but my partner test every there months....
Sometimes, i have unprotected s3x which is very regrettable immediately i finish the fun. im scared since i came back from Africa recently cos i did it without protection repeatedly with my gf and several girls when condom break and i decide to finish it with the risk.

This is sheer stupidity on your part.
Re: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by doctorbabs(m): 5:16pm On Jan 14, 2013
my friend went for the test and something like this was written on d result x-1. what does dis mean?
Re: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by alphaconde(m): 5:19pm On Jan 14, 2013
Please I need an advice. I test negative to hepatitis B since it was a virus test doesn't this mean am negative to HIV
Re: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jan 14, 2013
Afam4eva: Last time i checked i was negative. But i nearly burst open the head of the doctor because i never asked them to conduct a HIV test on me. Neither did i pay for it.

Here's how it ensued:

Doctor: We have to conduct a Malaria and Typhoid test to ascertain if you have any in your body

I went to the lab and my blood was taken and when the result was taken, i was asked to take it to the doctor to interpret it for me.

Me: What sort of rubbish is that. How can you conduct a test i did not ask for. This is an invasion of privacy bla bla bla.

Doctor: **In my mind i had already broken his head with bottle before he said**- The result is negative

You saw fear that day, how does fear look like

1 Like

Re: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jan 14, 2013

Here's how it ensued:

Fear
Re: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by Sunbellar: 5:26pm On Jan 14, 2013

Here's how it ensued:

Bad boy!
Re: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by Sunbellar: 5:28pm On Jan 14, 2013
doctorbabs: my friend went for the test and something like this was written on d result x-1. what does dis mean?
Your friend is stage 1+
Re: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by abasifo(m): 5:30pm On Jan 14, 2013
quarterly in my office(Hotel) cos of d sharp item we use
Re: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by Sunbellar: 5:33pm On Jan 14, 2013
abasifo: quarterly in my office(Hotel) cos of d sharp item we use
Sorry, u mean sharp ladies?
Re: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by hollypagan: 5:34pm On Jan 14, 2013
i swear better dnt go ,before u go collect d result u don faint for hospital,especialy when doctor want to see you in the office
Re: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by tpapi: 5:35pm On Jan 14, 2013
Revolva: Rubbish !!!! I have not done dis shit before and will never do it..all I know is my immune system is strong..I don't do unhygenic tins...and I protekt..haha na una sabi my blood too strong
bros if u r so sure n confident of urself,den go for d test
Re: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by Sunymoore(m): 5:35pm On Jan 14, 2013
im positive/negetive and so what
Re: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by alyarmouk(m): 5:36pm On Jan 14, 2013
check am 4 wetin? i dey sick? oboi better mk u die when death com than 2 check that rubbish. na d fear sef go kill u.
better not to know ur status n leave a fearless, unstigmatizd positive life, than to know it and begin 2 leave negative life..till mayb motor jam u one day where u dey think.
I preach abstinence or safe sex oo...but that test?? forget it.
mind u I have an M.Sc in H.Psychology. ABU ZARIA..07. just soo you know i av an all round knowledge of an average human psychological anatomy.

1 Like

Re: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jan 14, 2013
poweredcom: cool Many clinic have refuse me because my blood is green!!! Lol and last december I Bleep 3 ashawo unprotected...haha I still stand gidigba!!!
duh!!! Hiv hardly present with symptoms early...and e no d shw 4 face....check ursef early b4 it progresses 2 aids....went 2 hiv clinic 2dy(am a med std),saw children young and elderly +ve pple dia....all good looking.....bewarned!!! E no dey shw 4 face, its beta 2 knw ur status nw...u can stl live a normal life if u r +ve.....

1 Like

Re: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by deelummy: 5:37pm On Jan 14, 2013
jadakiss213: ODE u don die finish! i used to av such doubts till i lost a close fam friend,her husband and cuz to AIDs..that shyt is real man.

I'm sure their death certificate didn't indicate AIDS but some other illnesses,+ they tested positive to "HIV".

Well if I'm ODE, I can only wonder what you are.
http://www.virusmyth.com/aids/
Re: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by Samxiulee: 5:38pm On Jan 14, 2013

Here's how it ensued:

Lwkmd,same thing happened to me,I just hate surprises....lol,but am reformed now,no more stupid risk taking if it aint about money.
Re: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by TableLeg(m): 5:40pm On Jan 14, 2013
Yes i do ... Thank God its all good in the hood
Despite a few reckless moves in the past, i still managed to keep it all negative cool
Re: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by claremont(m): 5:45pm On Jan 14, 2013
I checked it like 8 or 9 years ago, I haven't checked it since. Ignorance is bliss! grin
Re: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by sunkoye: 5:49pm On Jan 14, 2013
my wife does it frequently, she take that one pass me!. she is always good, then am OK. abi? grin

seriously, one partner is the best! - even wit that, u go still fear fear small! grin
Re: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by tommykiwi(m): 5:51pm On Jan 14, 2013

Here's how it ensued:

Brother you sure say na negative? Talk true ooooo,you know say na only you and Doc dey dere to see the result.....lol
Re: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by tpapi: 5:54pm On Jan 14, 2013
OmolodMilkman93: I dnt knw, I am nt yet interested in it cos I am too yung to hve HIV
but u av been bbanggin steady,u beta go n test urself
Re: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jan 14, 2013
death can take you any bleeping time, why give your self depression while you're alive? I dont even wanna know my status.. lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerians And Dirty Habits: Can We Ever Change? / The Nature Healing Power Of Living Water and The Bio Disc / Marijuana Quiting Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.