Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train - Politics (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train (36829 Views)

Jonathan Vs Buhari: Setting The Stage For An Imminent Confrontation - AWORINDE / Jonathan Campaigns For 2015 On London Buses / GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by Nobody: 4:30am On Jan 12, 2013
2:54 what a pair of boobies shocked shocked grin grin
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by econity(m): 6:56am On Jan 12, 2013
la furia: dont know what to make of this.......they were both trading insult isnt it?, if he didnt like it, should have ignored her. does this mean nigerians are agresive and intolerable..to me this video isnt good for nigerians.

ok racism but i want to ask if racism is limited to just the white insulting the black and not vice-versa?
exactly what i have been asking for ages o. Black are relegating themselves with this racist stuff and the white are making good trade of it. Have heard any white man shouting he has been racially abused. It is alway the black man feeble defence strategy. Nonsense. I have never for once feel for anyone of them. Especially those that traded words.
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by Kslib(m): 11:04am On Jan 12, 2013
cap28:

see me see trouble oh -

bros i was abusing the guy for failing to acknowledge what our african ancestors achieved in terms of astrology, medicine, architecture, etc - why are you attackng me ?

of course i know that the white man invented the hiv disease which he is now using to decimate our people - bros me and you are on the same side wink wink wink
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by Kslib(m): 11:06am On Jan 12, 2013
cap28:

see me see trouble oh -

bros i was abusing the guy for failing to acknowledge what our african ancestors achieved in terms of astrology, medicine, architecture, etc - why are you attackng me ?

of course i know that the white man invented the hiv disease which he is now using to decimate our people - bros me and you are on the same side wink wink wink
Sorry oh,abeg no vex.. I bin think say na the other way round.. Too much of garri don dey blurr my vision....
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by IncomeTutor: 11:30am On Jan 12, 2013
what is your colour?
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by 4chi: 12:23pm On Jan 12, 2013
jomogbomo1: What i am about to post might offend some people , This is not a bigoted post rather its the truth . 90% of the Nigerians in the UK are from a particular tribe in Nigeria and its common knowledge that the people from that tribe .....well lets just say they have issues with being hygienic , so the bottom line is this : I don't think the white lady was being racist i think she was just stating the obvious , Something other tribes in Nigeria can attest to . There's an old video i saw some years back with some Jamo's in the UK making fun of how dirty this "Nigerian" people are and making fun of their accent and names and the names mentioned in the video was identical to the names of the people from certain tribe in Nigeria that are known for their poor hygiene . The truth can only set us free once we admit and embrace it. You know who you are .

https://www.nairaland.com/990298/google-search-result-nigerian-tribes/2#13585220

Yes..we know them and we see their imprints and their dirty lives in ladipo,onitsha and aba! Isi ewu eating mongrels!
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by bolayei: 12:36pm On Jan 12, 2013
la furia: dont know what to make of this.......they were both trading insult isnt it?, if he didnt like it, should have ignored her. does this mean nigerians are agresive and intolerable..to me this video isnt good for nigerians.

ok racism but i want to ask if racism is limited to just the white insulting the black and not vice-versa?

WE ARE THE MOST RACIST OF THE BUNCH

1 Like

Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jan 12, 2013
Black folk in the UK had better shake off the complacency which has been allowed to acquire a freehold, or else we will soon have a steady occurrence of incidents like this.

Here is another one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHljCBLb3Mw
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by Idowuogbo(f): 2:27pm On Jan 12, 2013
^omg! He should ave got based in d face mehn... Wtf? shocked shocked
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by zumbigbo(m): 2:42pm On Jan 12, 2013
^^^^^^You beat Polish cracker...train stops....police arrive....jail cell and sentence...for what...you are not going to change his mind....you hold fire and chill...however if he tries to get physical, WAR don begin (legitimate defence).
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by tpia5: 2:51pm On Jan 12, 2013
it seems the woman said her partner is black.

so, does her boyfriend not like nigerians or something, or is she saying her boyfriend also smells.

anyway, they could have just been acting a script.
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by tpia5: 2:58pm On Jan 12, 2013
The incident follows a recent spate of passengers filming racist rants on public transport.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2260124/Black-teen-punches-woman-calls-smelly-Nigerian-shocking-racist-video-filmed-Tube.html

people are just trying to start a race war, i'm sure most of these incidents are staged by one or both parties.
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by Idowuogbo(f): 3:01pm On Jan 12, 2013
zumbigbo: ^^^^^^You beat Polish cracker...train stops....police arrive....jail cell and sentence...for what...you are not going to change his mind....you hold fire and chill...however if he tries to get physical, WAR don begin (legitimate defence).

Hehehe... Smart move! Noted#

I'll follow ur sequence in future. grin grin
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by Gudiza(m): 4:36pm On Jan 12, 2013
otele: both are despicable. i dont believe in comparing idiots. the racist and the tribalist should be dumped in the hottest parts of hell.

i make no distiction between the two. what difference does it make? the tribalist kills people in nigeria, the racists believes blacks are monkeys in london. choose one.
1. people believe you are less human(monkey) in london
2. people cut your throat with a knife in nigeria.
choose one
let me know when you make up your mind.

guy, u no finish now, make I help you complete am

1. people believe you are subhuman (monkey cos ur black) in london and for that reason throws you in front of a bullet train ...just to see the nature of impact it creates! (...oh, don't forget trans-tlantic slavery), or
2. people cut your throat with a knife in nigeria under political, socio-religious & economic struggle for control of scarce resources and survival.(you can refer to the holocaust and rwandan genocide if you like).

Now you can choose. You die both ways mind you, but the 'circumstance' behind the action is the bone of contention here. In modern times however, such cases
are much more dynamic and difficult to identify.
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by Gudiza(m): 4:38pm On Jan 12, 2013
The thing is when you begin to say black/white/indian do this or that, you know you are categorising people into very large sets/groups with common features which open up avenues to physical distinctions between them such as skin/eyes colour, nose, hair type etc. which could in turn lead to potentially catastrophic arguements on cranium capacity, IQ, nasal cavity, potruding jaws etc - all pointers to ultimately classify one race as more superior, intelligent, modern, evolved than the other. While there may be underlying truths in all of these it is however considered offensive. SO, since she said smelly 'Nigerian', I wouldn't say that was racist. Nigeria is not a race!

Quick example, from the beginning in the Americas, there were all types of slaves & indentured servants (glorified slaves which included the natives, irish etc). Of all these only the black slaves found it extremely difficult to escape and assimilate into the populace because their colour (race now) made them easily identifiable from a mile...and that has been the struggle of the African American Community till date - assimilation.

I know they (tribalism and racism) are both terrible situations (HATE) and should not even be compared but the point I want to make to some folks here is that it's not just a question of body count but of liberty and hope i.e wouldn’t you rather have been a Tutsi in Rwanda at the time of genocide (period of 3 months) where you could have fled into neighbouring Uganda, Congo, Tanzania for refuge, than to be an African Slave working cotton fields in the Americas(for centuries), enduring the physical and mental torment knowing theres no place to run North or South with a hope of fair treatment all because of racial prejudice? Hope I made sense!

Again, it's not merely a question of body count as genocide and slavery can (and has) occured both ways. What distinguishes them and makes racism worse in my view, is that once a large group of people are stereotyped in a totally alien environment like that, it becomes more difficult to shake off or escape especially as it is mostly based on physical apperance - non remotely as frustrating as colour.

...and I'm sick and tired of seeing NLanders who think they are so smart compare, equate and then confuse both. We already know they're both discriminatory. We know they both spread hate but dammit just call it what it is. For the last time there cannot be racism among Nigerian tribes no matter how bad it is. I do not want to hear of this anymore. Quit fooling your shameless selves....Pheww

I suggest you pick a book. I'm pretty sure by now you at least have some vague idea.

Well, go on....tik tok.
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by Gudiza(m): 4:54pm On Jan 12, 2013
ypzilanti: Tribalists protesting against racism. grin

Judge people by the content of their character. End of story.

Any tribalist that is offended by racism is a hypocrite.

Not quite true Sir. Few nations have homogenous populations. For the rest there are bound to be internal squabbles and separatist elements (at various degrees) but once there's a 'common' (or national) enemy you should be able to put aside your differences to unite with one voice and fight for 'common good' - you can squabble later. This is NOT hypocrisy.

I believe that's what's called ALLIANCE. That's where superior intellect comes into play and a Hallmark of the greatest conquests. Problems only arise when we refuse to find more common ground among ourselves and sell our soul to rapists.

Look at the big picture. Let us (black folks) form alliances to fight racists, colonialists, imperialists and leave all these foriegn stuff.
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by tpia5: 5:50pm On Jan 12, 2013
Eyah, lagos alone bearing the brunt of immigration in the southwest.

Anytime they want to start picking fights with the area, na lagos dem dey mention.
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by omanzo02: 6:40pm On Jan 12, 2013
victorD3: Once I was waiting for my bus after classes in Glasgow scotland. I was watching a road sweeper sweep the road and one white old man asked me if we have road sweepers in my country. Immediately I remembered my street at Abuja and my answer was: we don't need it because we are not that dirty. He stirred at me for so long and smiled. Perhaps what was on his mind was " he is good".

My point is that a white person will always want to bring you down as a black man. When you stay abroad for a while if you don't know your worth they make you feel being black is a disadvantage.

U are spot on dude, when u prove that u are as good as him or even better u get respected always.
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by preselect(m): 7:24pm On Jan 12, 2013
Gudiza:

guy, u no finish now, make I help you complete am

1. people believe you are subhuman (monkey cos ur black) in london and for that reason throws you in front of a bullet train ...just to see the nature of impact it creates! (...oh, don't forget trans-tlantic slavery), or
2. people cut your throat with a knife in nigeria under political, socio-religious & economic struggle for control of scarce resources and survival.(you can refer to the holocaust and rwandan genocide if you like).

Now you can choose. You die both ways mind you, but the 'circumstance' behind the action is the bone of contention here. In modern times however, such cases
are much more dynamic and difficult to identify.

That's the point. Either way you're dead. Why should you invest so much energy in deciding way is better to die? I'll rather invest energy in rejecting both death pathways.
The racist and the tribalist are both evil. I don't care who is more evil than the other. Both should be wiped off the earth.

2012 : "smelly Nigerian" in London trains (to belittle him)
1966: "Ina nyamiri" in the streets of katsina (to cut his throat)
Tell me who is better? They're not horrible and I refuse to chose whose better or who's more evil.
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by Gudiza(m): 8:15pm On Jan 12, 2013
pres-elect:

That's the point. Either way you're dead. Why should you invest so much energy in deciding way is better to die? I'll rather invest energy in rejecting both death pathways.
The racist and the tribalist are both evil. I don't care who is more evil than the other. Both should be wiped off the earth.

2012 : "smelly Nigerian" in London trains (to belittle him)
1966: "Ina nyamiri" in the streets of katsina (to cut his throat)
Tell me who is better? They're not horrible and I refuse to chose whose better or who's more evil.

Gudiza:
....We know they (tribalism and racism) are BOTH terrible situations (HATE) and should not even be compared but the point I want to make to some folks here is that it's not just a question of body count but of liberty and hope

......What distinguishes them and makes racism worse in my view, is that once a large group of people are stereotyped in a totally alien environment like that, it becomes more difficult to shake off or escape especially as it is mostly based on physical apperance - non remotely as frustrating as skin colour......
This is the point.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Victor Eni Won Borough Council Seat, UK Election 2015(pic) / Senator Asonya-Adokwe Faces Sack For Faking Certificates / 2023: Supporters Block Orji Kalu's Convoy, Insist He Must Declare For Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.