Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,690 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train (36827 Views)

Jonathan Vs Buhari: Setting The Stage For An Imminent Confrontation - AWORINDE / Jonathan Campaigns For 2015 On London Buses / GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by Nobody: 5:28am On Jan 11, 2013
2 million: my broda if yankee no favour una, come back, enof space dey Naija for all of us
ABI O!
BUT THEN ALL THIS RACIST ATTITUDE WILL NOT STOP US FROM WORSHIPPING THE OYINBO PPLE.
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by Nobody: 5:29am On Jan 11, 2013
Damn!! I bet some naija guy is sha.g.ging that white chic right about now... grin
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by 2legit2qwt: 5:32am On Jan 11, 2013
kandiikane:
Lol, scared. Not that heaven but the heaven of two groins meeting. cheesy

Lol, ok I'm done. Night

Now we're talking, only special words from that point tongue
Night kandii kiss kiss

I'm done with this smelly thread tongue

shymexx: Damn!! I bet some naija guy is sha.g.ging that white chic right about now... grin
She's riding a horse grin
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by lastpage: 5:33am On Jan 11, 2013
musKeeto: Smelly. Nigerian. Hw the 4k is this racist?

Inferiority complex no good.

No be 4 NL wey Igbos and Yorubas dey abuse each other tire? Abi dat one no follow for racism?
Mscheeww..

What is it with this una "belonging attitude"? You want to defend the "White Woman" by all means, right?

For the avoidance of doubt, RACISM is only associated with an incident when one person (of a different RACE) makes derogatory remarks using the RACE of another person in the process.

Igbo and Yorubas are of THE SAME RACE
!
(Black, African, Nigerian), they cant be racist towards each other.

They can be TRIBALISTIC or insulting ....but not RACIST!

In the above case, the two different races involved are "White/Caucasian race Vs. Black/African race.

She can insult the guy by saying he is "smelly" but when you concatenate that with "Nigerian" ....and the guy is "black" and you are "white", then it becomes a racist comment.

Calling someone "black" is also not racist cause it only refers to their skin color but when you concatenate it with a derogatory word like "Monkey" (as in Black Monkey)..and the person referred to is of African/Black origins, it then becomes a racist comment, for the same reasons l pointed out above.

You need to slow down and not jump into complex issues like this.
Thank you.

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by Nobody: 5:34am On Jan 11, 2013
shymexx: Damn!! I bet some naija guy is sha.g.ging that white chic right about now... grin

You think he's like you? smh
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by coogar: 5:34am On Jan 11, 2013
kandiikane:
LOL. I actually don't have it. I wrote it on the thread.

time to open your mental diary.....i need to hear the gist again(director's cut) from you. don't disappoint me.
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by Afam4eva(m): 5:42am On Jan 11, 2013
lastpage:

What is it with this una "belonging attitude"? You want to defend the "White Woman" by all means, right?

For the avoidance of doubt, RACISM is only associated with an incident when one person (of a different RACE) makes derogatory remarks using the RACE of another person in the process.

Igbo and Yorubas are of THE SAME RACE
!
(Black, African, Nigerian), they cant be racist towards each other.

They can be TRIBALISTIC or insulting ....but not RACIST!

In the above case, the two different races involved are "White/Caucasian race Vs. Black/African race.

She can insult the guy by saying he is "smelly" but when you concatenate that with "Nigerian" ....and the guy is "black" and you are "white", then it becomes a racist comment.

Calling someone "black" is also not racist cause it only refers to their skin color but when you concatenate it with a derogatory word like "Monkey" (as in Black Monkey)..and the person referred to is of African/Black origins, it then becomes a racist comment, for the same reasons l pointed out above.

You need to slow down and not jump into complex issues like this.
Thank you.

Lastpage!
SO, how's racism worse than Tribalism?
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by Nobody: 5:46am On Jan 11, 2013
afam4eva:
SO, how's racism worse than Tribalism?

Racism deals more with dehumanising people and making them less human... However, tribalism has more to do with territorial competition and survival...
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by Nobody: 5:48am On Jan 11, 2013
2legit2qwt:
She's riding a horse grin

That's black power!! grin

I bet ol'girl is moaning "smelly Nigerian" with her face in the sheet... grin
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by kandiikane(m): 5:49am On Jan 11, 2013
So, the rwandan genocide had nothing to do with dehumanization just because they were all black?

What phuck is this bullshyt? Seriously?!

It's the same Goddamn thing, just that one is about skin and the other culture beliefs and ways of life which is even worse.

1 Like

Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by Afam4eva(m): 5:50am On Jan 11, 2013
shymexx:

Racism deals more with dehumanising people and making them less human... However, tribalism has more to do with territorial competition and survival...
Big Fat Lie!

Tribalism is just as dehumanizing as Racism. It's even worse because it's coming from people that supposedly your brothers.

1 Like

Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by Nobody: 5:51am On Jan 11, 2013
If what happened in Rwanda is as a result of tribalism, then the on-going war between the West and Arabs since after September 11 is also as a result of racism... Which is more barbaric out of the two
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by otele(m): 5:52am On Jan 11, 2013
shymexx:

both are despicable. i dont believe in comparing idiots. the racist and the tribalist should be dumped in the hottest parts of hell.

i make no distiction between the two. what difference does it make? the tribalist kills people in nigeria, the racists believes blacks are monkeys in london. choose one.
1. people believe you are less human(monkey) in london
2. people cut your throat with a knife in nigeria.
choose one

let me know when you make up your mind.
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by kandiikane(m): 5:52am On Jan 11, 2013
afam4eva:
Big Fat Lie!

Tribalism is just as dehumanizing as Racism. It's even worse because it's coming from people that supposedly your brothers.

Exactly! And the fact that it has to do with who yóu are and your identity.
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by Nobody: 5:54am On Jan 11, 2013
afam4eva:
Big Fat Lie!

Ok, let's use slavery to explain the difference between the two...

Africans back then fought wars based on tribalism and all the POWs were enslaved... Now compare the way Africans treated their fellow black slaves back then to the way Europeans and Arabs(trans-atlantic and trans-saharan slavery) treated their black slaves... That should paint a perfect picture for you...
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by kandiikane(m): 5:55am On Jan 11, 2013
The west knows why they are in the east fighting. It's not because they are arabs.
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by Afam4eva(m): 5:56am On Jan 11, 2013
shymexx:

Ok, let's use slavery to explain the difference between the two...

Africans back then fought wars based on tribalism and all the POWs were enslaved... Now compare the way Africans treated their fellow black slaves back then to the way Europeans and Arabs(trans-atlantic and trans-saharan slavery) treated their black slaves... That should paint a perfect picture for you...
So, it now boils down to how black and white slave owners were treated? Do you know that some white slave owners treated their slaves better than other whites and better than some black slave owners?

Stop defending tribalism abeg. They're all the same thing to any sane mind.
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by kandiikane(m): 5:59am On Jan 11, 2013
Tell me, killing an outsider or your own brother, which is worse?

Abeg! Having your fellow countryman say spiteful things about you or treating you like nothing is worst than a whiteman doing the same.
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by Nobody: 5:59am On Jan 11, 2013
otele:
both are despicable. i dont believe in comparing idiots. the racist and the tribalist should be dumped in the hottest parts of hell.

i make no distiction between the two. what difference does it make? the tribalist kills people in nigeria, the racists believes blacks are monkeys in london. choose one.
1. people believe you are less human(monkey) in london
2. people cut your throat with a knife in nigeria.
choose one

let me know when you make up your mind.

Tribalism has been there since the beginning of time and it's always going to be there no matter how you lot make noise about it... The most important thing is about knowing how to use tribalism to your advantage - that's what Europe has been able to do.... Everyone is a tribalist, regardless of how you lie about it...

Some of you haven't witnessed racism, hence why you are always quick to compare the two... Despite the fact that they're two different things!! If you ever witness racism and how it makes people feel less human, you would beg your stars for tribalism, trust me...
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by Nobody: 6:00am On Jan 11, 2013
kandiikane: Tell me, killing an outsider or your own brother, which is worse?

Abeg! Having your fellow countryman say spiteful things about you or treating you like nothing is worst than a whiteman doing the same.

Abi o. Thatz what I tell all these tribalists on NL. It's not good. angry
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by Nobody: 6:02am On Jan 11, 2013
afam4eva:
So, it now boils down to how black and white slave owners were treated? Do you know that some white slave owners treated their slaves better than other whites and better than some black slave owners?

Stop defending tribalism abeg. They're all the same thing to any sane mind.

It's not not about how some white slaves owners treated their slaves - it's about the innate hatred involved in racism... A racist is the last person you want to get involved with but you can still get along with a tribalist as long as you're humble and decent...

I'm not defending tribalism - I'm just explaining what it means and how most of you confuse the term with racism and bigotry...
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by Nobody: 6:05am On Jan 11, 2013
Racism will always swallow up tribalism when they meet - that shows how powerful racism is....

For example: In the UK, or USA - how many people remember their tribal/ethnic origins whenever racism strikes?? No one... All black people always speak with one voice - that shows how powerful racism is...

Bigotry is different from tribalism and tribalism is different from racism...
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by kandiikane(m): 6:08am On Jan 11, 2013
When people are born in the white man's country all they get is racism because it's different races living together. If you were born and bred in Africa you get tribalism because it's just you and your fellow countrymen. It won't be called racism because it's the same race. The same way racism may affect an individual in a white man's country it's the same way tribalism affects a fellow countryman.

There is no difference between the two and it's ignorant for anyone to say otherwise. Yóu're basically excusing the holocust. It's like a german telling a jew "Oh, it's not that bad because we're the same skin colour."
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by Nobody: 6:10am On Jan 11, 2013
The holocaust was as a result of Nazi racism not tribalism!!!

Stop confusing the two terms!
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by kandiikane(m): 6:11am On Jan 11, 2013
Because of ignorance, excuses are made for tribalism which is absolutely messed up.

Racism is not the only method of dehumanization.
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by Afam4eva(m): 6:12am On Jan 11, 2013
shymexx: Racism will always swallow up tribalism when they meet - that shows how powerful racism is....

For example: In the UK, or USA - how many people remember their tribal/ethnic origins whenever racism strikes?? No one... All black people always speak with one voice - that shows how powerful racism is...

Bigotry is different from tribalism and tribalism is different from racism...
If Aliens invade the earth, all human beings will also speak with one voice. Haven't we been speaking with one voice on issues that affect the whole world?
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by Nobody: 6:14am On Jan 11, 2013
I'm not supporting tribalism, I'm just explaining the difference between the two terms and why you need to stop comparing apples to oranges....

That's the same way some simplistic buffoons always compare the black struggle and slavery to the struggle of gay people - that's just disrespectful!!
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by oilyngbati1: 6:16am On Jan 11, 2013
Alh. harem grin grin I dey greet o cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Victor Eni Won Borough Council Seat, UK Election 2015(pic) / Basketmouth Wants GEJ To Handover To Buhari Now!! / More Photos Of Atiku's Return From US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.