Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) (5722 Views)

ISIS Fighter Repents To Accept Christ After Allah Sent Him To Hell- SHOCKING / Why Muslim Should accept Christ Is Divine from the bible / Shocking ; Ex Muslim Cleric Says Muslims Must Accept Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) by wiegraf: 5:01am On Jan 24, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Lol, It is now free for all abi? Ok o! you are free to have your fun as we are equally free to not take you seriously.

So? Do note though, it doesn't make what I assert wrong.
Re: What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) by Nobody: 5:03am On Jan 24, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Lololol.........would you also say that the house you live in was built by bricks jumping on top of one another without any personal input?

The creator you are talking about must be a physical and biological being...to be able to have a relationship with matter. The genesis account in your bible is a reference to biological beings who ones came to this planet to mingle with humans. Apparently they came to re modify them- the word REPLENISH was used which meant REPOPULATE. LET US MAKE MAN IN OUR OWN IMAGE. Certainly a lot of them. where did your God come from?

That was from the bible you read every day. To get a better understanding,you need to read and study other ancient books and civilisation because they Explained better than the bible.

Your god is an EXTRATERRESTRIAL! Many of them actually
Re: What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) by Nobody: 5:10am On Jan 24, 2013
Logicboy03:

You must be s.tupid. My arguments are mostly in my own words except when I reference a source. Take a look at the link in my signature.

I'm the last person that you should ever think is unoriginal.

because you are?
Re: What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) by Nobody: 5:10am On Jan 24, 2013
ifeness:

The creator you are talking about must be a physical and biological being...to be able to have a relationship with matter. The genesis account in your bible is a reference to biological beings who ones came to this planet to mingle with humans. Apparently they came to re modify them- the word REPLENISH was used which meant REPOPULATE. LET US MAKE MAN IN OUR OWN IMAGE. Certainly a lot of them. where did your God come from?

That was from the bible you read every day. To get a better understanding,you need to read and study other ancient books and civilisation because they Explained better than the bible.

you keep whining about the creator... does it take 92 yrs to explicitly explain to us how the earth was created in the alternative?

Remember that you can phone a friend in case you are just as clueless as you sound.
Re: What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) by Nobody: 5:11am On Jan 24, 2013
davidylan:

because you are?

Go troll somewhere else.
Re: What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) by MrAnony1(m): 5:12am On Jan 24, 2013
Logicboy03:
Wrong. You copied William Craig's argument so much that I even recognized it.

Evolution is a scientific theory
Nigeria is a geographical place.

William Craig's arguments are subjective opinions and sophistry.
Yawn...."evolution" is Darwin's argument, he could have chosen to name his theory by another name. "Nigeria" was Lord Lugard's sujective opinion of what to call the area he was in charge of. You score no points my dear.

The question is not about the terms used but the content of the argument.

By the way, MGB was first coined by Alvin Platinga and is used by majority of theists to describe a generic concept of God...... why do I have this funny feeling that I have wasted this information on you? Oh well......
Re: What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) by Nobody: 5:12am On Jan 24, 2013
davidylan:

you keep whining about the creator... does it take 92 yrs to explicitly explain to us how the earth was created in the alternative?

Remember that you can phone a friend in case you are just as clueless as you sound.

Read about the formation of galaxies/planeys

Read about the big bang.

Seriously, it is only the dubious or ignorant that ask how the earth was formed as an adult.
Re: What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) by Nobody: 5:12am On Jan 24, 2013
davidylan:

What creator? Maybe yours though. Not mine definitely!

Read your science book
Re: What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) by MrAnony1(m): 5:13am On Jan 24, 2013
wiegraf:

So? Do note though, it doesn't make what I assert wrong.
True....but it equally doesn't make the position you are attacking wrong either
Re: What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) by Nobody: 5:14am On Jan 24, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Yawn...."evolution" is Darwin's argument, he could have chosen to name his theory by another name. "Nigeria" was Lord Lugard's sujective opinion of what to call the area he was in charge of. You score no points my dear.

The question is not about the terms used but the content of the argument.

By the way, MGB was first coined by Alvin Platinga and is used by majority of theists to describe a generic concept of God...... why do I have this funny feeling that I have wasted this information on you? Oh well......

@ bold

Re: What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) by Nobody: 5:14am On Jan 24, 2013
Logicboy03:

Go troll somewhere else.

grow up. Its getting sickening.
Re: What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) by Nobody: 5:16am On Jan 24, 2013
ifeness:

What creator? Maybe yours though. Not mine definitely!

Read your science book

The eventual resort of the brain dead who knows he cannot backup the illiterate nonsense he spews and get away with it.

We too refuse to respond to you again. Go read your bible. If you dont like it then keep talking to yourselves.
Re: What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) by MrAnony1(m): 5:19am On Jan 24, 2013
ifeness:

I fail to see how this addresses my answer or explains anything. I gave you that illustration to show you that order doesn't come about by randomness. An explosion is a very poor explanation of order in the earth. You still need to point us to who created earth.
Re: What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) by MrAnony1(m): 5:20am On Jan 24, 2013
Logicboy03:
@ bold

Just as I had feared. Reason is truly lost on you.
Re: What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) by Nobody: 5:21am On Jan 24, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Just as I had feared. Reason is truly lost on you.

No need to fear, your arguments were just too foolish to take seriously.
Re: What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) by Nobody: 5:35am On Jan 24, 2013
davidylan:

The eventual resort of the brain dead who knows he cannot backup the illiterate nonsense he spews and get away with it.

We too refuse to respond to you again. Go read your bible. If you dont like it then keep talking to yourselves.

Fucck ur bible!
Re: What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) by Nobody: 5:36am On Jan 24, 2013
ifeness:

Fucck ur bible!

I'm sure there are a thousand other threads you could be on... no one is forcing you to read the bible or talk about it. enjoy.
Re: What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) by MrAnony1(m): 5:50am On Jan 24, 2013
Logicboy03:

No need to fear, your arguments were just too foolish to take seriously.
Lol, the feeling is mutual
Re: What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) by MrAnony1(m): 5:50am On Jan 24, 2013
ifeness:

Fucck ur bible!
Hahahahahaha . . . . .desperation has started to set in.
Re: What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) by Nobody: 6:01am On Jan 24, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Hahahahahaha . . . . .desperation has started to set in.

Lol. Desperation over what?
Re: What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) by NegroNtns(m): 6:09am On Jan 24, 2013
ifeness:

ifeness,

i read through the responses and in due course will be countering the various anti-biblical points brought up but your many responses are very provoking and should be addressed first.

i usually prefer to discuss the bible with people who are thouroughly versed not just in the bible but in all the manuscripts and scriptures of God worship. i say this for many reasons but for the purpose here i want to draw out the significance of what you said above and tell you frankly, that your understanding of what the bible is and the message contained in it is wrong.

those who teach and instruct on the bible.....the pastors and the bishops and evangelicals have done a very poor job of representing the bible.

all the scriptures and manuscripts of worship, except the bible, continue to retain their authentic tongue and are taught and instructed in the language in which they are revealed. their customs, creeds and rites of worship are native to their land of origin......except christianity!

the bible has gone through diverse translations from its aramaic beginnings to the point now where it is totally conflicted in many of its literal meanings.

the text of the bible in english says something different from the meaning in aramaic or even hebrew. this is observed only in its text. at the spiritual level, the bible is uniform in its message throughout mankind.

so you should be open minded to read and understand the bible in its spirit rathern than in its text. biblical texts in its non-original tongue is a handicap to man and insulates him from an optimal intimacy with his God......an encounter of closeness originally intended for him in the aramaic revelation.
Re: What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) by NegroNtns(m): 6:12am On Jan 24, 2013
davidylan:

I'm sure there are a thousand other threads you could be on... no one is forcing you to read the bible or talk about it. enjoy.

i really don't understand how atheists profess themselvea as intellectuals and critical thinkers but when challenged with critically provoking ideas the fall short of their calling and default to anger and tantrums. is this what you've had to deal with here?

2 Likes

Re: What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) by wiegraf: 6:31am On Jan 24, 2013
Mr_Anony:
True....but it equally doesn't make the position you are attacking wrong either

It doesn't, but when dealing with you clowns I'm usually right.
Re: What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:27am On Jan 24, 2013
Negro_Ntns:

......did they have a religion?

1. what is religion?
2. pre-mosaic and the ten commandments what religion did the cultures observe?

yes they were both Pagans.

Xerxes followed Persian religion (Polytheistic version of Zoroastrianism) and Aklexander followed Greek Religion.

1.Religion is belief in the Supernatural/ Spiritual WOrld.

2.before moses and all that, everone was Pagan. even the ISraelites/Canaanites,etc.
Re: What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) by MrAnony1(m): 8:27am On Jan 24, 2013
wiegraf:

It doesn't, but when dealing with you clowns I'm usually right.
Yawn....
Re: What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:28am On Jan 24, 2013
Negro_Ntns: did these people of earlier ages ....xerxes, alexander, pharaoh, cyrus.......did they have a religion or a belief system?

this question is consistent with the theme of this discussiion. dont give up, answer it.

Xerxes,Cyrus : Persian Religion & Mithraism.

Alexander: Greek Religion

The Pharaohs: Egyptian Religion

All of the above were Pagans.
Re: What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) by NegroNtns(m): 10:13am On Jan 24, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

Xerxes,Cyrus : Persian Religion & Mithraism.

Alexander: Greek Religion

The Pharaohs: Egyptian Religion

All of the above were Pagans.

what is paganism?
Re: What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:21am On Jan 24, 2013
Negro_Ntns:

what is paganism?

Paganism is a very broad definition and as such is not set/fixed since we dont go by any book.

There are certain elements that form defining factors of Pagan religions.

to begin with, Pagan religions are all pre-islamo-judaeo-xtian religions, and dont have any man-founders, i.e, they are naturaly occuring. They must pertain to a set ethnic group/tribe, that has existed since time immemorial.

They all are based on The Ying-Yang/Balancing of Forces concept.

All are Polytheistic and nature-based. infact there are are some Pagan religions who today claim monotheis, yet are involved in appeasing other SPiritual Forces, that are infact, Gods.infact Pagans lay a very thin line between Gods and Spirits who are the same thing.

Important factors of most Pagan religions are idolatory, ritualism,etc.

Since Pagan religion is a part of all fullblooded ethnic groups, Pagan religion and culture is inseparable.

Pagan religions are non-proselytizing. i.e, we do not accept converts. you must be born into an ethnic group to automatically be part of the Pagan religion of your tribe. as a result, since the concept of conversion doesnt exist, for ex., a christian or a muslim Yoruba or Igbo person will still automatically be a born-Pagan, whether they like it or not as the Pagan spirit is within them from conception.
Re: What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) by NegroNtns(m): 12:55pm On Jan 24, 2013
pagan,

it will do you good to acquire new knowledge about religion, paganism, idolatory, polytheistic and monotheistic and as well spiritualism and humanity.

1. religion = worship
whatever you worship, that is your religion., no more no less!

2. paganism = religion of self-manifest

3. idolatory = religion of outer-manifest

4. polytheism = religion of God the Only and God the many

5. monotheism = religion of God the Only.

6. spiritualism = religion of creation

7. humanity = attunement.

if you need me to clarify any of these let me know.
Re: What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) by plaetton: 2:06pm On Jan 24, 2013
davidylan:

I dont get it... for God to exist someone MUST have created him but the earth doesnt need to have been created to exist? Absurd.

So bia, tell us how the earth appeared thanks.

Mr scientist/biologist,
Please don't tell us that you have not heard of the term "Accretion". shocked

It seems the science department of your bible college is not teaching you real science.
Re: What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) by plaetton: 2:14pm On Jan 24, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Lol, very puzzling double standard there.

It is not a double standard from Ifeness. It was a double standard from you.

You claim that your god designed and created everything, but you completely ignore the deeper question of your god's origin, by cleverly(fooling your self) assigning to him generic, oxymoronic superlative words like " maximally great being, first cause, intelligent designer, self-begotten",etc.

The great cop out.
How dare you use the words "double standard" on another person.
Re: What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) by plaetton: 2:20pm On Jan 24, 2013
davidylan:

and your evidence for the above?

If i recall... no volcanic ash has yet turned into anything more than rocks in millions of years. If you find a volcano that creates grass please let us know.

Comprehension problems?.
What a dumb dumb!
Ifeness did not say it was a volcanic eruption.
She/He only used volcanic eruption to describe explosion and scattering , and later accretion of matter to form stars and planets.

Any primary school student should easily understand this.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

1st Bible Translated In Yoruba By Ajayi Crowther Inside 1st Storey Building (pic / Religious crisis in the Middle East, what's the solution? / Unbelief: The Sin That Hinders Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.