Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) (5716 Views)

ISIS Fighter Repents To Accept Christ After Allah Sent Him To Hell- SHOCKING / Why Muslim Should accept Christ Is Divine from the bible / Shocking ; Ex Muslim Cleric Says Muslims Must Accept Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) by Nobody: 3:53am On Jan 24, 2013
plaetton:

There must be something about you xtians and your zombie mentality. You seem to think everyone is infected with the disease that affects critical thinking?. That is why you think it's okay for someone to come on a thread and throw around words like pre-mosaic or Nohadic, without any context, that have absolutely no broad academic meaning.

If you are talking about pre-mosaic times, you have to mention with reference to a particular civilisation, Egyptian,Summerian, Babylonian, Akkadian, etc.

To every civilisation that ever existed on this planet,there were certain laws and beliefs they followed. Mosaic law is no different from our traditional laws and belief systems. In fact, Mosaic law is a property of the Jew.After all, Christianity came to Africa because the black race we conquered by the foreigners- just like Islam came to the Hausas. The slave are not only slaves to their masters but also to his religion( this explains why most Nigerians are passionate about Religion)

Todays society is becoming reasonable and moving towards unity and tolerance . It is obvious the bible laws were written by men,hence it wasn't perfect. Gay people who were written off in the past are now being shown the love they deserve- which is a good thing.

No right thinking mind would accept Jesus as his saviour because he ain't. The thirst for human sacrifices,suffering and pain on the cross should be thrown into the dust bin.
Re: What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) by wiegraf: 3:53am On Jan 24, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Lol, care to show us where he talked about a "crocoduck"? Or did you just make that up to serve as an excuse for you to launch an ad hominen attack?

Don't you think the part where I ask "what's that?" implies I'm aware he hasn't mentioned the crocoduck, yet? You also know that the crocoduck argument in its various inane forms does not apply to only our half crocodile half duck ancestor, yes? It is his, and probably yours, inevitable vacuous response.

So yes I am launching an ad hominen for the most part, but I'm not making stuff up to do so. And why not? Was the thread about evolution? Yet he felt the need to mention it. I suppose that makes it a free for all now, no?
Re: What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) by Nobody: 3:56am On Jan 24, 2013
ifeness:

To every civilisation that ever existed on this planet,there were certain laws and beliefs they followed. Mosaic law is no different from our traditional laws and belief systems. In fact, Mosaic law is a property of the Jew.After all, Christianity came to Africa because the black race we conquered by the foreigners- just like Islam came to the Hausas. The slave are not only slaves to their masters but also to his religion( this explains why most Nigerians are passionate about Religion)

Todays society is becoming reasonable and moving towards unity and tolerance . It is obvious the bible laws were written by men,hence it wasn't perfect. Gay people who were written off in the past are now being shown the love they deserve- which is a good thing.

No right thinking mind would accept Jesus as his saviour because he ain't. The thirst for human sacrifices,suffering and pain on the cross should be thrown into the dust bin.

Very true
Re: What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) by Nobody: 4:11am On Jan 24, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Lol, nice of you to show up eventually when the thread is already at the brink of disintegration. Anyway you seemed to be of the opinion that accepting Christ is petty for such a magnanimous God to insist on. What I want to defend here is what it means to accept Christ and why it is not petty, but absolutely necessary.

I'll start by listing some of the points about God that we both agree on. If I misrepresent you in any way, please point it out.

We both agree that

1. God is a maximally great being.
2. God is the eternal first cause.
3. God is a person (more like super-person actually)
4. God is the Intelligent Designer who gives order to the Universe
5. God is the basis for morality and the absolute moral law giver.
6. God is perfect.

For now, let us not assume that God is Jehovah rather let us use the generic God concept of a maximally great being (MGB).

If you agree with these please indicate so that we proceed. If you don't agree with the above or want to clarify your positions, please do so or alternatively give us what your concept of God is so that I don't put words into your mouth. Once you've done this, we shall proceed having gotten a fair description of God out of the way.

I await your reply.

If you considered your God to be a being, something must have created it

You said God is a person,therefore not omnipotent as you have been taught. Omnipotent is everywhere,but your god wasn't there when ur bible claimed Adam eat the fruit. He had to come down on mount sinai with a space craft lol (if you wanna argue that,be my guest)

Yes your bible god was intelligent.......he had to scatter the language of his creation so that they wont unite and confront him( reference according to ur bible)

You God is the basis of morality? Pls don't say that again! I cannot count how many innocent children he killed. The same god who belittled women? Oh the sky god who was said to let his son die on the cross. He allowed slavery,inequality etc. All his mess are being cleaned up with new and better laws. E.g. Equal right for women- i believe he is not happy and cant do shhit because he doesn't exist

After going through what i wrote so far,it is obvious your god is not perfect.
Re: What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) by Nobody: 4:22am On Jan 24, 2013
ifeness:

why? Afterall you dont consider the earth to have been created no?
Re: What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) by Nobody: 4:25am On Jan 24, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Lol, nice of you to show up eventually when the thread is already at the brink of disintegration. Anyway you seemed to be of the opinion that accepting Christ is petty for such a magnanimous God to insist on. What I want to defend here is what it means to accept Christ and why it is not petty, but absolutely necessary.

I'll start by listing some of the points about God that we both agree on. If I misrepresent you in any way, please point it out.

We both agree that

1. God is a maximally great being.
2. God is the eternal first cause.
3. God is a person (more like super-person actually)
4. God is the Intelligent Designer who gives order to the Universe
5. God is the basis for morality and the absolute moral law giver.
6. God is perfect.

For now, let us not assume that God is Jehovah rather let us use the generic God concept of a maximally great being (MGB).

If you agree with these please indicate so that we proceed. If you don't agree with the above or want to clarify your positions, please do so or alternatively give us what your concept of God is so that I don't put words into your mouth. Once you've done this, we shall proceed having gotten a fair description of God out of the way.

I await your reply.

Wow, how shameful,......

Number 1-6 is William Craig. "maximally great being". lmao

Mtchew.....copy copy
Re: What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) by Nobody: 4:29am On Jan 24, 2013
Logicboy03:

Wow, how shameful,......

Mtchew.....copy copy

what? cheesy You accusing others of copying? Wonders shall never cease.
Re: What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) by Nobody: 4:29am On Jan 24, 2013
davidylan:

why? Afterall you dont consider the earth to have been created no?

The earth wasn't created by anyone and certainly not by your demi-god.
Re: What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) by Nobody: 4:32am On Jan 24, 2013
ifeness:

The earth wasn't created by anyone and certainly not by your demi-god.

I dont get it... for God to exist someone MUST have created him but the earth doesnt need to have been created to exist? Absurd.

So bia, tell us how the earth appeared thanks.
Re: What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) by MrAnony1(m): 4:36am On Jan 24, 2013
wiegraf:

Don't you think the part where I ask "what's that?" implies I'm aware he hasn't mentioned the crocoduck, yet? You also know that the crocoduck argument in its various inane forms does not apply to only our half crocodile half duck ancestor, yes? It is his, and probably yours, inevitable vacuous response.

So yes I am launching an ad hominen for the most part, but I'm not making stuff up to do so. And why not? Was the thread about evolution? Yet he felt the need to mention it. I suppose that makes it a free for all now, no?
Lol, It is now free for all abi? Ok o! you are free to have your fun as we are equally free to not take you seriously.
Re: What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) by Nobody: 4:37am On Jan 24, 2013
davidylan:

I dont get it... for God to exist someone MUST have created him but the earth doesnt need to have been created to exist? Absurd.

How many mountains have you seen on TV? How were they created? Same applies to the planet. Have you heard that the sun keeps expanding and could one day destroy all lives on the planet? What is Yahweh doing about it. You have have been brainwashed to think every good thing comes from ur bible god- you are on a long thing boy!
Re: What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) by MrAnony1(m): 4:38am On Jan 24, 2013
davidylan:

Lol, very puzzling double standard there.
Re: What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) by Nobody: 4:38am On Jan 24, 2013
ifeness:

How many mountains have you seen on TV? How were they created? Same applies to the planet. Have you heard that the sun keeps expanding and could one day destroy on lives on the planet? What is Yahweh doing about it. You have have been brainwashed to think every good thing comes from ur bible god- you are on a long thing boy!

I asked a very simple question - how was the earth created?

It shouldnt take you a paragraph of saying nothing to answer it no?
Re: What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) by Nobody: 4:39am On Jan 24, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Lol, very puzzling double standard there.

lol these people biko. they are something else entirely... its almost like living in a parallel universe.
Re: What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) by Nobody: 4:40am On Jan 24, 2013
davidylan:

I asked a very simple question - how was the earth created?

It shouldnt take you a paragraph of saying nothing to answer it no?

Did you read what i wrote or is it because i did not quote from ur bible? The big bang( chemical explosion) just like the volcanic mountains .
Re: What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) by Nobody: 4:41am On Jan 24, 2013
ifeness:

Did you read what i wrote or is it because i did not quote from ur bible? The big bang( chemical explosion) just like the volcanic mountains .

and your evidence for the above?

If i recall... no volcanic ash has yet turned into anything more than rocks in millions of years. If you find a volcano that creates grass please let us know.
Re: What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) by Nobody: 4:42am On Jan 24, 2013
davidylan:

lol these people biko. they are something else entirely... its almost like living in a parallel universe.

Living with people like you and Anony is like i time travelled 7 million years back into the past.
Re: What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) by MrAnony1(m): 4:42am On Jan 24, 2013
ifeness:

How many mountains have you seen on TV? How were they created? Same applies to the planet. Have you heard that the sun keeps expanding and could one day destroy on lives on the planet? What is Yahweh doing about it. You have have been brainwashed to think every good thing comes from ur bible god- you are on a long thing boy!
My friend this does not answer the question at all. You are asked how the earth happens to exist since you claim that for something to exist, it must be created. Describing features of the earth as well as it's history and future does nothing to tell us whether the earth was created or not.

By your logic, it is either the earth was created or it doesn't exist.
Re: What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) by Nobody: 4:44am On Jan 24, 2013
davidylan:

and your evidence for the above?

If i recall... no volcanic ash has yet turned into anything more than rocks in millions of years. If you find a volcano that creates grass please let us know.

What causes snow falls? Please learn to think without reading that dodgy book (bible)
Re: What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) by Nobody: 4:44am On Jan 24, 2013
ifeness:

Living with people like you and Anony is like i time travelled 7 million years back into the past.

Please now that you have travelled into the past i'm sure you are better placed to help us with how volcanic ash created the stars, moon and also made DNA.
Re: What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) by Nobody: 4:45am On Jan 24, 2013
ifeness:

What causes snow falls? Please learn to think without reading that dodgy book (bible)

When are you going to EXPLICITLY tell us how the earth was created? All these dodgy, intellectually empty attempts at sarcastic one-liners isnt helpful.
Re: What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) by MrAnony1(m): 4:45am On Jan 24, 2013
Logicboy03:

Wow, how shameful,......

Mtchew.....copy copy
This is just as silly as if I accused you of "Darwin copy copy" for using the term "evolution by natural selection" or "Lord Lugard copy copy" anytime you used the term "Nigeria"
Re: What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) by Nobody: 4:48am On Jan 24, 2013
Mr_Anony:
My friend this does not answer the question at all. You are asked how the earth happens to exist since you claim that for something to exist, it must be created. Describing features of the earth as well as it's history and future does nothing to tell us whether the earth was created or not.

By your logic, it is either the earth was created or it doesn't exist.

The earth was created by some explosion in the stars just like every other trillions of planets out there. How do i explain this to a primitive man ? Lol. Just like the mountains created themselves as a result of energy explosion,the earth came into existence in a similar way.
Re: What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) by MrAnony1(m): 4:50am On Jan 24, 2013
ifeness:

You said God is a person,therefore not omnipotent as you have been taught. Omnipotent is everywhere,but your god wasn't there when ur bible claimed Adam eat the fruit. He had to come down on mount sinai with a space craft lol (if you wanna argue that,be my guest)

Yes your bible god was intelligent.......he had to scatter the language of his creation so that they wont unite and confront him( reference according to ur bible)

You God is the basis of morality? Pls don't say that again! I cannot count how many innocent children he killed. The same god who belittled women? Oh the sky god who was said to let his son die on the cross. He allowed slavery,inequality etc. All his mess are being cleaned up with new and better laws. E.g. Equal right for women- i believe he is not happy and cant do shhit because he doesn't exist

After going through what i wrote so far,it is obvious your god is not perfect.
Thanks for nothing. I will await Deep Sight's response. Inasmuch as it might just be good fun exploring the above with you, I choose to discuss them with DeepSight alone for now. Thanks again for nothing.
Re: What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) by Nobody: 4:50am On Jan 24, 2013
davidylan:

When are you going to EXPLICITLY tell us how the earth was created? All these dodgy, intellectually empty attempts at sarcastic one-liners isnt helpful.

I am not your geography teacher,i believe you learnt all that in school. Unless you were taught jesus and his gay father created the planet
Re: What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) by Nobody: 4:51am On Jan 24, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Thanks for nothing. I will await Deep Sight's response. Inasmuch as it might just be good fun exploring the above with you, I choose to discuss them with DeepSight alone for now. Thanks again for nothing.

You do not have to reply me. Your reply will pull no weight anyway.
Re: What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) by MrAnony1(m): 4:53am On Jan 24, 2013
ifeness:

The earth was created by some explosion in the stars just like every other trillions of planets out there. How do i explain this to a primitive man ? Lol. Just like the mountains created themselves as a result of energy explosion,the earth came into existence in a similar way.
Lololol.........would you also say that the house you live in was built by bricks jumping on top of one another without any personal input?
Re: What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) by Nobody: 4:53am On Jan 24, 2013
ifeness:

So your idea is that the mountains created themselves? Out of what? thin air?

The earth was created by some explosion? And the plants, animals and human life came through that explosion too? which is why life exists solely on one of millions of galaxies out there? My friend... some of us paid attention in advanced stat class... the odds of that happening is essentially zero. Try again.
Re: What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) by Nobody: 4:54am On Jan 24, 2013
ifeness:

I am not your geography teacher,i believe you learnt all that in school. Unless you were taught jesus and his gay father created the planet

Why not just come out and say you dont know? That would be a lot more honest on your part. Just telling us that the sun appeared by some volcanic tricks you cannot explain isnt going to cut it.
Re: What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) by MrAnony1(m): 4:54am On Jan 24, 2013
ifeness:

You do not have to reply me. Your reply will pull no weight anyway.
Lol of course why not. . . .thanks again
Re: What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) by Nobody: 4:55am On Jan 24, 2013
Mr_Anony:
This is just as silly as if I accused you of "Darwin copy copy" for using the term "evolution by natural selection" or "Lord Lugard copy copy" anytime you used the term "Nigeria"

Wrong. You copied William Craig's argument so much that I even recognized it.

Evolution is a scientific theory
Nigeria is a geographical place.

William Craig's arguments are subjective opinions and sophistry.
Re: What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) by Nobody: 4:59am On Jan 24, 2013
davidylan:

what? cheesy You accusing others of copying? Wonders shall never cease.

You must be s.tupid. My arguments are mostly in my own words except when I reference a source. Take a look at the link in my signature.

I'm the last person that you should ever think is unoriginal.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

An Invitation To A Theological Discuss On One Corinthians Chapter Four / How God Changed My Genotype From SS To AA...| Favour Orji / My Journey From Islam To Atheism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.