Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,525 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? (20828 Views)

What An APC Fan Was Doing In Akwa Ibom State (Photo) / Caption This Photo Of Rochas Okorocha Dancing Shakitibobo As Tekno Sings / Please What Is Rochas Okorocha Doing In This Photo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by manny4life(m): 11:27pm On Jan 12, 2013
[quote author=Wadeoye][/quote]

Apparently, there's nothing to think here, though I know the point you're driving is which is absolutely baseless and irrelevant to the topic at hand, nonetheless, I want you to tell us what your point is. What has the commissioner got to do with the governors performance?
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by vizboy(m): 11:29pm On Jan 12, 2013
Bad belle Nl how una want make we grow when una no want our progress

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by bigdoo: 11:30pm On Jan 12, 2013
Rochas is not doing much in Imo State. The only visible thing is the free education, the rest is propaganda. Rochas and his gang are a bunch of 419ers and the free education is only to create a false impression. All the road projects he started all around Imo have been abandoned. The state is in big financial difficulty because Rochas sacked all the LGA chairman and councillors elected during Ohakim's regime and they have won their case against Rocha's government and Rochas will be forced to pay back to them all the arrears of their salaries for nearly two years period. Rochas has been incapable of inaugurating the state boards to run the business and government of the state due to financial problems in the state. May God rid us of bad governors in Imo state before the state crumbles.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by BuBBle1(f): 11:39pm On Jan 12, 2013
IMO IMO IMO We r confused we don't know anymore if we r going up or coming down. Anyway still waiting.Buh y will he be using substandard,unknown,brother-brother contractors for major road projects just to maximise profit, Secretely employing those that campaigned 4 him, we that voted kwanu while laying embargo on employment.Anyway still waiting.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by chukxy44(m): 11:40pm On Jan 12, 2013
@Op

Good question.

@all
I expected only those with facts and figures of the true state of things in Imo to comment but as usual every body 'must talk' even those who know noting about the Governor and the happenings in the state.

Am still awaiting clinical responses.
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by olunavi(m): 11:43pm On Jan 12, 2013
[quote author=valicious1]
Guy if u tok dat tin again I'll giv u a dirty e-slap. Wich rochas is working where?, myfriend am in owerri now & d state is so fvckin messedup. Abandoned projects evriwia, lawlessness at its peak, rochas is just d direct opposite of what we expected of him. He is a disgrace & dissappointment to imo state & ndiigbo. There are refuse dumbs at every bend & corner, he doesn't pay contractors & he s so bleeping rude & arrogant. Can u believe dat dis man built about 3 institutions & a large church all having d shape of a mosque. Imolites have lost every respect for dis tout of a governor who would physically & personally abuse anybody who dares get on his way. What he doesn't know is dat his time is up, all we re waiting 4 is 2015 so we would send him packing out of d govt. House back 2 whereever his miserable self came from.[/quot]for me,rochas is working.about 30 of us were given 1 bag each of garri the last time I went on a visit to Imo.btw,hw do I join d garri cabals?

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by Okeycima: 11:45pm On Jan 12, 2013
planetuzor: I guess the 47man laptop have been employed by ohakim and his team to ridicule the work of the best southeastern governor Rochas... Whats in showing the world your good work via the media... Check out the Orlu and Ikigwe road and other smaller roads..Check out the freedom square, The inner village streets being tared, the pensioners who had been owed since year 2000, The Government House being rebuilt, the Ojukwu Structure etc and please note "He just got elected and imo revenue isnt like the other oil producing state - akwa iibom and port hacourt or self revenue generating state like lagos - his on a limited budget"...
best governor indeed guy u d make me laugh.
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by Duru1(m): 11:46pm On Jan 12, 2013
Rochas Owelle Okorocha has nothing to do with free education at lower stanzas in Imo State because the cost is covered by federal government through UBE.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by ceejayluv(m): 11:57pm On Jan 12, 2013
AWKA_MADE_GUN: Mehn the gov is a disaster. Like geeez said he is busy fighting in public with PA's to other governors. A mere talkative, we can't wait for ohakim to return in 2014.
Balderdash
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by patostation(m): 11:59pm On Jan 12, 2013
AWKA_MADE_GUN: Mehn the gov is a disaster. Like geeez said he is busy fighting in public with PA's to other governors. A mere talkative, we can't wait for ohakim to return in 2014.
God forbid bad thing for Ikiri anya mpi to govern Imo again.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by Mojibola(m): 12:03am On Jan 13, 2013
He is transmogrifying the complexity of our prosaic local industries into metamorphic channels of progress!
Shikena!..

*borrowed from Sagamite.
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by nduchucks: 12:08am On Jan 13, 2013
Duru1: Rochas Owelle Okorocha has nothing to do with free education at lower stanzas in Imo State because the cost is covered by federal government through UBE.

nwanne, Echere m ka ayi me udo. There is no point remaining angry about LG elections, try harder next time, ya bad belle don do.
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by Ngwakwe: 12:12am On Jan 13, 2013
Where you place N45B * 67 months compared to N3.5B * 19 months.

To weigh them on the same scale is strictly madness.

Ogojohn: ROAD THAT ARE. POORLY BUILT AND EASILY WASHED AWAY ARE NOW CRITERIA TO MEASURE A PERFORMING GOVERNORS. IF HE IS PERFORMING THEM WHERE DO YOU PLACE FASHOLA. THE MAN IS SIMPLY AND EMPTY TANK AND A CLOWN.
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by Nobody: 12:25am On Jan 13, 2013
All PDP AGENTS MUST FALL DOWN AND DIE!!!YOUR PDP GOVERNORS CANT BOAST OF A TENTH OF WHAT THIS MAN HAS ACHIEVD IN IMO. FREE EDUCATN,SALARY PAYMENT PROMPTLY,ROADS. PDP GO JUMP IN THE RIVER AND DIE. YOU ARE FINISHED IN IMO

4 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by Nobody: 12:27am On Jan 13, 2013
Duru1: Rochas Owelle Okorocha has nothing to do with free education at lower stanzas in Imo State because the cost is covered by federal government through UBE.
MUMU
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by BeingAkorede(m): 12:27am On Jan 13, 2013
Dont mind that man jare, he's like a leading actor in flopped movi
He's rescuing Imo to enrich his personal bank account.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by Nobody: 12:30am On Jan 13, 2013
[quote author=olunavi][/quote] TRY AGAIN LATER 40 MAN CREW. IT DIDNT WORK
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by Nobody: 12:50am On Jan 13, 2013
He is working cheesy
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by c33b33(m): 12:54am On Jan 13, 2013
manny4life:

Rather than ask, how about you take a trip to Imo and see for yourself. Self knowledge can never be replaced with propaganda or news, whether you believe it or not, it's up to you to find out.
A response anyone who does not have sawdust in his brain should make...Thank you!
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by Arysexy(m): 12:59am On Jan 13, 2013
BeingAkorede: Dont mind that man jare, he's like a leading actor in flopped movi
He's rescuing Imo to enrich his personal bank account.

Idiot! wot has ur ACN govnor done for u? bad belle and jealousy go kill u!
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by Gabrielsylar(m): 1:03am On Jan 13, 2013
hes doing mind control...i sorry for una...soon ur abuna will start vanishing grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by Okijajuju1(m): 1:41am On Jan 13, 2013
[b]one thing is for certain.. no matter how many times this question is asked, they (the Rochas crew) will never answer..

Well I took a trip to Imo State and here is what Rochas has done;

1. He has has built a lot of street gates in Owerri.

2. He has has erected a lot of propaganda signboards around.

3. Rochas has decleared free primary, secondary and tertiary education in Imo state.. Note the federal government already handles fre education via the ÜBE SCHEME. The Imo State tertiary institution is not fit to train dogs in..

4. Orlu road is being dualized.. Mind you, the road quality is useless..

5. Rochas has sold off all Imo State owned businesses and hotels..

6. Insecurity in Imo State is higher than any other eastern or Niger delta state..

7. Rochas has banned all traditional rulers from speaking English.

8. Rochas now pays students in secondary and primary schools 150 and 100 Naira salaries respectively.

9. Rochas has banned all unauthorized sirens in the state.

10. Rochas has legalized roadside corn selling...

For pictures of the current condition of Imo state, please visit my thread... https://www.nairaland.com/1129089/okija-presents-owerri-pictures. [/b]

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by Nobody: 2:10am On Jan 13, 2013
bigdoo: Rochas is not doing much in Imo State. The only visible thing is the free education, the rest is propaganda. Rochas and his gang are a bunch of 419ers and the free education is only to create a false impression. All the road projects he started all around Imo have been abandoned. The state is in big financial difficulty because Rochas sacked all the LGA chairman and councillors elected during Ohakim's regime and they have won their case against Rocha's government and Rochas will be forced to pay back to them all the arrears of their salaries for nearly two years period. Rochas has been incapable of inaugurating the state boards to run the business and government of the state due to financial problems in the state. May God rid us of bad governors in Imo state before the state crumbles.
did ur ohakim did such? Okpo like u, Bad belle. I am an imolite for ir information.
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by Hardfact: 2:16am On Jan 13, 2013
Rochas, the more you look, the less you see. Some govs will rather live in the news than leave the news and get their a.s.ses to go work. Isnt Nigerian state bad enough for a right-thinking leader to know what best to with his time and resources while in office?

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by vanstanzy(m): 2:24am On Jan 13, 2013
DrummaBoy: Right now on NTA NETWORK a weekly program on Imo State is on with news or propaganda on Rochas activities in the state is on air.
But I have read in Punch how all of this is just propaganda. Pls folks what exactly is Rochas doing in Imo State?

Jamb question! He was elected to LEAD and thats what he's doing, Leading Imo state to greater heights. What else?
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by enehaluh(m): 2:43am On Jan 13, 2013
Doctors in imsuth hav not received october salary till date, students in d institution do not know dia fate even after spending 13yrs in medical school..houses demolished for road expansion without a kobo paid as compensation..rochas has the best propaganda machinery in the world, I give it to him

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by stannydon(m): 3:16am On Jan 13, 2013
planetuzor: I guess the 47man laptop have been employed by ohakim and his team to ridicule the work of the best southeastern governor Rochas... Whats in showing the world your good work via the media... Check out the Orlu and Ikigwe road and other smaller roads..Check out the freedom square, The inner village streets being tared, the pensioners who had been owed since year 2000, The Government House being rebuilt, the Ojukwu Structure etc and please note "He just got elected and imo revenue isnt like the other oil producing state - akwa iibom and port hacourt or self revenue generating state like lagos - his on a limited budget"...

You are just ignorant of what governance is all about, am not a supporter of Ohakim, but lets leave sentiments apart and face reality. ROCHAS is clueless and has no idea of what governance is. If these things you mentioned above are what you called achievement with the amount of revenue coming to Imo state monthly, then you still have a very long way to go. Ohakim conceived better ideas but Rochas has known, he is too childish, just like a child, if you ask him what will you do if given power, he will say everybody will be rich. Imo still need to find someone with better idea not a fraud star and noice maker like ROCHAS!

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by kolexy(m): 4:24am On Jan 13, 2013

But Imo is the 6th largest oil producing state, next to ondo state.
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by Alishachris: 5:09am On Jan 13, 2013
Okija_juju: [b]one thing is for certain.. no matter how many times this question is asked, they (the Rochas crew) will never answer..

Well I took a trip to Imo State and here is what Rochas has done;

1. He has has built a lot of street gates in Owerri.

2. He has has erected a lot of propaganda signboards around.

3. Rochas has decleared free primary, secondary and tertiary education in Imo state.. Note the federal government already handles fre education via the ÜBE SCHEME. The Imo State tertiary institution is not fit to train dogs in..

4. Orlu road is being dualized.. Mind you, the road quality is useless..

5. Rochas has sold off all Imo State owned businesses and hotels..

6. Insecurity in Imo State is higher than any other eastern or Niger delta state..

7. Rochas has banned all traditional rulers from speaking English.

8. Rochas now pays students in secondary and primary schools 150 and 100 Naira salaries respectively.

9. Rochas has banned all unauthorized sirens in the state.

10. Rochas has legalized roadside corn selling...

For pictures of the current condition of Imo state, please visit my thread... https://www.nairaland.com/1129089/okija-presents-owerri-pictures. [/b]

Okija you dey kraze. you are just been biased, bro. even you pictures confirms that owerri is a work in progress even though you willfully decided to snap the odd parts of the beautiful city. Rochas is working. Haters go fork yasefs....... grin

Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by bravolad(m): 5:09am On Jan 13, 2013
There has not been much change since Rochas became the Governor of the state. Most of the road contracts he started have either been abandoned or near abandoned. Apparently, he has completed some short kilometer roads in Orlu main town especially the link roads to Ideato. It might interest readers to know that he has also employed the same style of road construction in his own Local Government of Ideato South. There are numerous road projects that he embarked upon from the inception of his administration, till date those roads within these communities are in a deplorable state. From Ogboko his home town to Amanato & stretch to Isiekenesi, the roads have simply become impassable. Even the quality of the few short kilometer roads that he has completed is poor to say the least. This is because the contracts were awarded to friends & political associates, who helped him in some way during his electioneering campaign.

We also need to understand that development is not just about road construction, there are other aspects of of human existence which need to be considered. But this Government seem to be a vision less one. The areas of power, portable drinking water, transportation, health care delivery, provision of basic amenities to the people etc have all been neglected.

Granted he announced free Education from the out set of his administration; what is the quality of education in IMO State? What is the state of the classrooms of learning? What is his sustainability plan for this project? I make bold to say that most of our Governors in Nigeria run the Art of governance on the television & Radio stations. Too sad. I think your achievements should speak for you.

No matter the level of programme sponsorship on NTA to project falsehood of development in IMO state, it will be difficult to conceal the truth. Social infrastructure that I enjoyed as a growing up kid in Owerri, the capital of Imo State is non existence anymore. Most of the infrastructural development in Imo state were created by the late Mbakwe including the roads that we are talking about today. They have not construsted new ones except to poorly maintain the old roads. You can only understand this if you are either from Imo or live there.

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by Kairoseki77: 5:17am On Jan 13, 2013
222Martins: After reading this post, i am now convinced that the 40 laptop dogs have gotten their jobs back.

We call em 5 centers in America.

Cuz they get 5cents for every post. grin
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by YoungUd(f): 5:34am On Jan 13, 2013
Mehn, since i grew up to dis, i hav nt seen any Governor lik hm . The man is realy workin, is it in Education, poor mases ar nw attendin skul nd education is the head, is it renovation, go to adapalm in ohaji, go general hospitals, infact the money he's usin to do al dis, where ws it durin Ohakim's regm, he has made teachers to luk lik bankers. Infact, long liv Rochas, long liv Imo state

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Where I Fault Ganduje Bribe Video By Shuaib Gara / Senate President, Saraki Congratulates Governor Wike / NNPC: Subsidy Removal To Reduce Petrol Consumption By 30%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.