Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,132 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? (20825 Views)

What An APC Fan Was Doing In Akwa Ibom State (Photo) / Caption This Photo Of Rochas Okorocha Dancing Shakitibobo As Tekno Sings / Please What Is Rochas Okorocha Doing In This Photo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by AWKAMADEGUN: 7:54am On Jan 14, 2013
Abagworo:

Orlu is finer than Nnewi, Onitsha and Awka period. Owerri is on another level. No village in Anmbra is comparable to Oguta. So there's nothing to bring. At least there's no street like Oguta road in Imo State and there's no spot like upper Iweka.

Nnewi is finer than orlu, owerre and your rural oguta put together. go figure. Awka is taking another dimension for good, its a city I have seen that houses are constructed with modern building materials and long span alumininum sheet unlike in your Owerre that they use rusty zinks and shabby.

The world understands that Onitsha is economic hub of the east. What is your owerre known for? I have not seen a single Anambran living in imo state, but come to Anambra- Onitsha, Nnewi there are 100s of thousands of Imo people living in Anambra. Infact over 75% of businessmen at Head Bridge Drug Market Onitsha are imo people

In Anambra there is no spot as prostitution infested town like your owerre. Owerre is a ghost town there is nothing happening there except kidnapping and prostitution. Roches is a disaster and fraudulent 419 kingpin. He had borrowed money to build mosques in the northern states, he has rendered your imo state incapacitated and bankrupt. Contractor are not paid, workers are not paid, refuse dumps all over the place. I think you should be more pre-occupied by the waste going on in your poor state of imo
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by AWKAMADEGUN: 8:07am On Jan 14, 2013
Not2bee: please my fellow imolities, the time to play politics is not now. the fact that u are benefiting direct or indirectly from the present gov in imo state does not mean we should not ask for a better state for our children. please IMO is not about ohakin or rochas, is about making IMO a better place. ohakin is gone, he had his chance and did little to nothing.now is rochas we will have to voice out, he got the seat because the grass root voted him.IMO is not about owrr, lnfect let me quote rochas is inscrpted on a wall by wetheral roundabout, 'politicians think of next election, leaders think of next generation '.please rochas is doing almost nothing about this next generation nd nothing very encouragg about the present. his free education will yield nothing because of not well trained teachers etc,please visit this,schools.the road are poorly done or abandoned. the general hospitals are abandoned because contactrs are not paid, most of the school blocks are Still in the containers.nothing is happening in orlu to owr road before u know it rain will set in. am in IMO right now.I am from mbaitoli nd nothg has change here, if u re praising rochas mention the lga nd I will drive nd report back to this forum. anything within owrr pls leave it or orlu. oguta is propaganda. please speak the truth so that he will situp.it must not be next tenure, it has to be now

You have incurred the wrath of that silly Abagworo for saying this painful truth.. grin grin

Container
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by Abagworo(m): 8:42am On Jan 14, 2013
AWKA_MADE_GUN:

You have incurred the wrath of that silly Abagworo for saying this painful truth.. grin grin

Container

All I owe myself is a free conscience. I neither belong to rochas nor PDP but I'm impressed with the level of work done so far by this administration. It is not up to 2 years and people are talking about not doing everything or uncompleted road projects. Why is Onitsha still a ghetto 7 years into Obi's administration if I may ask? You've been bragging about the work on Enugu expressway 7 years later and it is still in progress and you are happy. For me 2years or even 4 years is not enough to condemn a progressive Government.
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by AWKAMADEGUN: 9:06am On Jan 14, 2013
Abagworo:

All I owe myself is a free conscience. I neither belong to rochas nor PDP but I'm impressed with the level of work done so far by this administration. It is not up to 2 years and people are talking about not doing everything or uncompleted road projects. Why is Onitsha still a ghetto 7 years into Obi's administration if I may ask? You've been bragging about the work on Enugu expressway 7 years later and it is still in progress and you are happy. For me 2years or even 4 years is not enough to condemn a progressive Government.

Deal with it bro..Onitsha is turning into a world class city with major world multinationals like SABMILLER and others zooming into the city. Even your brother Orange Drug left your Imo and went to Anambra and built a massive world manufacturing companies, bring 100s of employment to the city of Onitsha while his own state is being over-run by jobless youths. What does that tell? It shows that good governance pays unlike the maximum ruler Roches who is busy fighting with PAs of other governors. Below is the picture of road named after Tony Ezenna (Orange Drugs) road at the Onitsha Harbour. The same road leads to the company. Grow up

Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by Dikechigozie: 9:16am On Jan 14, 2013
Am so happy that the true Imolites and imo residences are of same opinion which is"Rochas is a loud noise maker with no action"His free education is a mirrage,his road construction is a fraud,contractors borrowed money to do road and never got their payments.In my honest opinion,his administration is a desaster,We re patiently waiting for 2015 to give him and his family and friends who have reduced imo state governace to OKOCHA enterprises.time
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by Abagworo(m): 9:35am On Jan 14, 2013
Dike chigozie: his road construction is a fraud,contractors borrowed money to do road and never got their payments.

And what is wrong with that? Even here in Rivers contractors are owed.
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by Nobody: 9:58am On Jan 14, 2013
i just can't wait to say dt some people are SOCIAL CRITICS...any one who is criticizing King Rochas is nottn but social CRITIC. go find out Wht ur own governors are doing and not criticize another person's governor. Hei! Mr critic, i can tell u dt we love...plz live him alone.
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by adamu50: 3:05pm On Jan 14, 2013
though not living in Imo state but it is true,it is true that, itis true that,it is true that, itis .......................
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by geogino(m): 3:18pm On Jan 14, 2013
Did I just read 'free education'?....... A reliable info I got states that u would pay about 26k as u present your 'free education cheque' at the bursary dept @ IMSU. How free is that?
Like it or not,Okorocha is a smooth/sweet talker.
Ngwakwe: @Op
You be John the Baptist, who sent his disciples to go query Jesus.

The blind see, lame work and Gospel is preached to the poor

@ topic
The roads are receiving attention, structures are built, salaries and pensions are paid in advance, Imo Children and Youths are being educated free of charge and finally politicking is at play.
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by doyinmolah: 3:25pm On Jan 14, 2013
What has the past governor(ohakim) done for imo state? Go into the history book of imo, u will see the diff btw ohakim and rochas(for those people wanting ohakim back), imo state people dont appreciate wat he is doing for them. Rochas pls come to my state and flush those pdp perverts away cryWhat has the past governor(ohakim) done for imo state? Go into the history book of imo, u will see the diff btw ohakim and rochas(for those people wanting ohakim back), imo state people dont appreciate wat he is doing for them. Rochas pls come to my state(kwara state) and flush those pdp perverts awaysad
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by Ikengawo: 3:57pm On Jan 14, 2013
lol

well i decided to do my own research, odds are 90% of the people hating rochas in this thread don't live in Imo.

let the evidence speak for it's self

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by Ikengawo: 3:58pm On Jan 14, 2013
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by Ikengawo: 4:10pm On Jan 14, 2013
Imo State Beautification 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJRqgp6U8ik
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by Ikengawo: 4:13pm On Jan 14, 2013
I can now understand people's main issue: impatience

all complaints claim there is progress in some areas but little to none in theirs or another area and this is true, though good things are happening in Imo, some areas are still awaiting their own blessings as far as roads.

It has been less than a year. what could any state governor boast of in less than a year
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by abagoro(m): 9:35pm On Jan 14, 2013
A PHARMACIST Mr. Chimezie Ojinkieme, started the year on a happy note having stocked his pharmacy with supplies from various pharmaceutical companies. In year 2004, this graduate of Imo State University acquired a warehouse at No 6 Mba Street, Achapo area of Ajegunle, Lagos State for stock piling of products. Since then, his business has grown to the tune of over N15M.

Precautionary measure

But Tuesday January 8, 2013 is a date he would live to remember. The day statrtrf on a bright note with business going on as usual until disaster struck. At 3.15pm that fateful day, he heard shouts of "Doctor", as he is fondly called, "fire! Fire!, within the neighbourhood.

He rushed out to see what the shout was about but saw no fire from any where. So, taking precautionary measure, he reached to the electricity metre and switched it off to avert any incident but he was minutes too late.

Just as he went back to his shop, he perceived the odour of smoke and immediately dashed out again to trace its source. As he looked around, he noticed thick smoke emanating from a neigbouring house where electronic products are sold. He quickly mobilised people to put off the fire as the owner was not around. Sympathisers tried to force the door open but were not successful and the fire went wild and engulfed the building thereafter extended to two other neighbouring buildings one of which was the popular "Latest Richmoore Pharmacy" in Achapo owned by Chimezie. Within seconds, the three buildings housing over 10 families were razed and property worth millions of Naira were destroyed.

Eye witnesses account said the Lagos State Fire Service arrived the scene late and could not put out the fire as there was insufficient water to combat the inferno. A helpless and speechless Chimezie burst into tears just starring at his labour for years go up in flames. "Where do I start from",he asked no one in particular. In another monologue he revealed: "Majority of these goods were supplied on credit..."

Final year law student

But Chimezie was not the only one with a sad tale to tell. His sibling Clementino Ojinkieme, a final year Law student of Imo State University also lost all her document, a sum of N30,000 and a cheque of N100,000 being a bursary award from Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State.

In an emotion laden voice, she said: "Chimezie is our bread winner. I came home for the Yuletide and was planning to return to school when the inferno started. We have lost everything to the fire. Who will come to our aid now"?!

Other victims of the inferno include the owner of Peetee Transport, Mr.Jerry Samuel, who also lost property worth about N400,000 and a Daily Need dealer Chikwem Samuel, who also lost properry whose monetary worth could not be quantified.

Also, no fewer than 10 families have been rendered homeless by the inferno.
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by Abagworo(m): 7:35am On Jan 15, 2013
abagoro:

Final year law student

But Chimezie was not the only one with a sad tale to tell. His sibling Clementino Ojinkieme, a final year Law student of Imo State University also lost all her document, a sum of N30,000 and a cheque of N100,000 being a bursary award from Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201301140276.html

@bolded. I read people say "Rochas" government free education and bursary was 419. How come Clementino got the 100,000.
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by princenayo: 2:30pm On Jan 15, 2013
AWKA_MADE_GUN: Mehn the gov is a disaster. Like geeez said he is busy fighting in public with PA's to other governors. A mere talkative, we can't wait for ohakim to return in 2014.
U should be ashamed of urself. u cant wait for that criminal called Ohakim to come back to Imo state.
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by Abagworo(m): 4:32pm On Jan 15, 2013
Some new roads under construction in Owerri. Noticed about 4 of such bridges linking old and new Owerri across Nworie stream. This is a very good idea by Rochas as it will drastically reduce the hold up along Control to Bank road and people going to Aba will make a quick journey.

Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by Abagworo(m): 4:54pm On Jan 15, 2013
Noticed high level of cleanliness in old Owerri so I wonder where those posting some dirty pictures got them. Below is the New Market along Douglas a notoriously dirty area and Emmanuel college gate. What I noticed lacking is mainly pavements and walkways.

Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by valicious1(m): 5:21pm On Jan 15, 2013
Abagworo: Noticed high level of cleanliness in old Owerri so I wonder where those posting some dirty pictures got them. Below is the New Market along Douglas a notoriously dirty area and Emmanuel college gate. What I noticed lacking is mainly pavements and walkways.
Selective photography. I can also go to aba & get you pictures of areas cleaner than the american white house & 10 downing street put together.
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by Abagworo(m): 6:31pm On Jan 15, 2013
valicious1:
Selective photography. I can also go to aba & get you pictures of areas cleaner than the american white house & 10 downing street put together.

By Owerri standards, those roads are not clean. I drove round old Owerri.
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by PROUDIGBO(m): 6:48pm On Jan 15, 2013
Honestly, Rochas is pissing me off with the slow pace of work on township roads in Imo state. I remember pics of unfinished/abandoned roads like these being posted about 4 months ago with the excuse of rainy season; now it's dry season, you'd expect the contractors to be back on site and finishing those roads, but we see absolutley NOTHING going on from those pics. He needs to take lessons from the Enugu state gov't on how not to faff about and talk too much, but get on with the job; all over Enugu you see contractors getting on with the job and taking advantage of the short dry spell, but in Imo all we see are unfinished roads (left idle for months) and all we hear are Rochas birthday/Rochas foundation/Rochas daughters wedding.

Very annoying!
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by Abagworo(m): 7:30pm On Jan 15, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:
Honestly, Rochas is pissing me off with the slow pace of work on township roads in Imo state. I remember pics of unfinished/abandoned roads like these being posted about 4 months ago with the excuse of rainy season; now it's dry season, you'd expect the contractors to be back on site and finishing those roads, but we see absolutley NOTHING going on from those pics. He needs to take lessons from the Enugu state gov't on how not to faff about and talk too much, but get on with the job; all over Enugu you see contractors getting on with the job and taking advantage of the short dry spell, but in Imo all we see are unfinished roads (left idle for months) and all we hear are Rochas birthday/Rochas foundation/Rochas daughters wedding.

Very annoying!

To be fair some of those roads are complete but the ones I snapped are completely new. I saw them for the 1st time 2day and works are seriously ongoing too. There's a place called Ikenegbu extension which also surprised me because I was there 4 years ago when most roads were unpaved and muddy. I'm not impressed with the lack of walkways anyway.
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by PROUDIGBO(m): 8:01pm On Jan 15, 2013
Abagworo:

To be fair some of those roads are complete but the ones I snapped are completely new. I saw them for the 1st time 2day and works are seriously ongoing too. There's a place called Ikenegbu extension which also surprised me because I was there 4 years ago when most roads were unpaved and muddy. I'm not impressed with the lack of walkways anyway.

^^^I suppose you didn't snap any pics of completed roads? Also like you pointed out, the quality of road construction and attention to detail is highly suspect sad.

I tire walahi!
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by asha80(m): 9:33pm On Jan 15, 2013
Abagworo:

i someoene said nothing was going on there?is that not the relief market/stadium axis?
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by Dede1(m): 9:55pm On Jan 15, 2013
It is very silly to have cleanliness and Okorochas in one sentence. I can not believe praise singers are shamelessly posting picture of road projects completed by Udenwa or Ohakim in the pretence of cleanliness instead of completed project by Okorocha.

I suggest you the post the iron gates on the roads that lead to Concorde Hotel, Owerri, the remodeled commissioner’s mansions or government house. In my book, the iron gates and unnecessary expenditure on remodeling the governor’s and commissioner’s places of abode are accomplishments of Rochas Okorocha. In addition, the selling of ADAPALM and ITC also top the list.
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by Abagworo(m): 11:32pm On Jan 15, 2013
asha 80:

i someoene said nothing was going on there?is that not the relief market/stadium axis?

I don't really know where relief market is but I took those pictures en route Port-Harcourt through Wetheral/Douglas/Royce via one of the bypasses under construction to New Owerri. Maybe when next I visit Owerri, I'll go for completed roads.
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by vinceleo: 11:41am On Jan 16, 2015
1bunne4lif:
i guess u re just 2 blind 2 see wat rochas is doing. U re a disgrace 2 de state. Ur an example of a bad citizen. HATER
dnt be hard na,tz jez an educative argument... d fact z that Rocha's does more for the teachers nd civil servants.. nd I guess the bulk of his supporters r 4rm these 2 groups

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Barcanista And The Promise Of Ministerial Aide / Shell-nigeria Shuts Down TNP Carrying Bonny Light / Kano APC: Ganduje Defeats Shekarau, Barau At Appeal Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.